PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] So whats NC like now ?

Kozmos
16-06-06, 09:14
Hey, not played for a year now, whats happenin in NC ? there doesent really seem like theres been many patches to be honest, whats the deal with heals now ? and average pops in UK evenings

SorkZmok
16-06-06, 09:44
Sex you!

But you really should wait for the balancing, then come back.

I got back into the game a few weeks ago but am bored already due to the fucked up balance.

But at least they finally fixed CM. :)

/edit
Pops are quite low too.

And the latest patch balanced the TL 10 heal. Got nerfed down to 8/tick from 10. TL 3 is still complete wank though.

Preach
16-06-06, 10:20
:(, an expected reply, Is 2.2 going to be the breaking point then? live or die if u get me

giga191
16-06-06, 10:44
:(, an expected reply, Is 2.2 going to be the breaking point then? live or die if u get me deffinitely, if 2.2. doesn't live up to my expectations then i'm gone and so will most of my clannies

Wileyz
16-06-06, 11:20
i am thinking about coming back and playing occaisonally..
some of you might remember me as.. ShadZ.
what are the server pops @ peak hours? are there still big probs with servers and etc?

cheers

-Shadz

calim
16-06-06, 11:24
Idea for KK : why not build a web page with differents servers stats ?

To answer the question : maybe 20% at the peak ? The last patch seems to be stable.

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 11:53
Thread merged.

N

Preach
16-06-06, 12:07
Cmon KK, find the spark again

giga191
16-06-06, 13:40
maybe they can start moving this game forward again, instead of backwards (overpowered tl10, shitty reload, doy city, sl rules)

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 14:01
Wow, way to go to encourage people to come back, guys. :/ I don't want to see any complaints about population from any of the people on this thread from now on.

The stock advice here is to download the trial and give it a go. If you already have an account resubscribe for a month and try it again.

N

CMaster
16-06-06, 14:07
Wow, way to go to encourage people to come back, guys. :/ I don't want to see any complaints about population from any of the people on this thread from now on.

The stock advice here is to download the trial and give it a go. If you already have an account resubscribe for a month and try it again.

N

The faith has gone Nid. NOt even the fanboy's really seem to have any hope any more. THe recent patch has made people enjoy playing again a touch more, but it was definatley too little too late. Its strange though why everybody should feel the life ebbing away now though, after so long.

calim
16-06-06, 14:23

N

Nidhogg... hi !

Don't you forget that these players who download the trial and launch neocron, that's US who answer to their first "help" channel questions like "how to leave MC5 ?" ... I mean, many of us try to make new trial players to develop a taste for the game. You know that many experienced players help that new runners so i ask you to be tolerant. I don't protect Giga191, i'm just qualifying your comments. His post is a bit strong but if it's what he feels, i'm asking why ? What do you want ? to read us saying we love the game and that's all (lol) ? Of course we love the game, but we also know what we hate in it.

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 14:27
I'm not trying to stop anyone saying anything (so long as it doesn't break the rules), but then I don't want to see someone say "don't come back" on a thread and then complain that there aren't enough people playing on another. You know, there is a time and a place for everything, and a "shall I come back?" thread isn't either.

I'm going to start checking on some of these accounts and if I find they no longer have an active game account I'm going to remove them from these forums. Constructive criticism is one thing but actively trying to put people off isn't going to be tolerated.

N

pabz
16-06-06, 14:33
I'm not trying to stop anyone saying anything (so long as it doesn't break the rules), but then I don't want to see someone say "don't come back" on a thread and then complain that there aren't enough people playing on another.

I'm going to start checking on some of these accounts and if I find they no longer have an active game account I'm going to remove them from these forums. Constructive criticism is one thing but actively trying to put people off isn't going to be tolerated.

N
You cant stop them from expressing there ideas. Removing them the forum wont help either. Faith has been lost. Removing there forum accounts will only prove this. Its a sign of weakness in my view. What happened to the usual temp ban/ perma ban on the forum; isn't that more relevent then taking peoples forum access away.

You cant hide the truth. Moderate not obliterate.

slith
16-06-06, 14:40
I'm not trying to stop anyone saying anything (so long as it doesn't break the rules), but then I don't want to see someone say "don't come back" on a thread and then complain that there aren't enough people playing on another. You know, there is a time and a place for everything, and a "shall I come back?" thread isn't either.

NIf you do that, watch out for secondary game-accounts please. My main acc isn't running anymore :rolleyes:

To what Giga said: Harsh, but true.
The patch was great, first one in a while that didn't create new bugs and fixed serious stuff. But "too little to late" for most of us, we expected more...
2.2 has to be great...

I love Neocron, but I just can't recommend it...
(Quote this! :P)

@Threadstarter: Come back. We need you :lol: And the situation is not as bad as people in the forums moan. Neocron's still some kind of drug :)

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 14:42
These are customer forums and non-customers should have read-only access (so called "Retired" status). That's been the case for a long time now.

N

calim
16-06-06, 14:52
Nidhogg, anyway, what do you think about the "stats page" idea ? For example avaible from the NC launcher page. (like many MMO).

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 14:55
It wouldn't put a stop to the "How many people play these days?" threads so from my perspective I think we could better target that effort elsewhere.

N

calim
16-06-06, 15:04
It wouldn't put a stop to the "How many people play these days?" threads so from my perspective I think we could better target that effort elsewhere.

N

"wouldn't put a stop" : yes not really, but instead trying to reply, you could just paste a link to the monitor page and that's all. Anyway, at least that's strange that the general servers stats are not available from the login screen directly, from my point of view. You have to click "enter" instead of "resume" to have an idea of the population - i point again the fact that this is a percentage displayed, not a number of players.... ( while i'm in, we also don't know what chars we are logging in when you hit "resume", but that's OT).

SuperSeb
16-06-06, 15:11
Originally Posted by Nidhogg
I'm not trying to stop anyone saying anything (so long as it doesn't break the rules), but then I don't want to see someone say "don't come back" on a thread and then complain that there aren't enough people playing on another.

N

LOL who can see whats gonna happen?
"wtf wheres my account gone?"

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 15:13
The "resume" function was specifically put in there to cut out all the middle stages and get you into the game as quickly as possible. If you want to see the population stats or choose another character then just click "enter" instead.

N

Sylow
16-06-06, 15:16
[...]Anyway, at least that's strange that the general servers stats are not available from the login screen directly, from my point of view. You have to click "enter" instead of "resume" to have an idea of the population[...]
Honestly, what's the problem there? Some other games don't even give you the slightest hints on how many people are currently online.

Most big MMOPRGS just show a percentage or even just graduate in population cathegories like "light", "medium", "heavy" (or something along those lines) and that's it. Most of them also never revealed how many people are actually allowed to play on one server. Here in NC, you actually know. Combined with the very exact information which can be rather easily obtained (one or two more buttons to press... ) NC is one of the very rare MMORPGs where you can actually know how many players are on.

If i hit "resume", i am not interested on how many people are on, i simply want to play. All the rest i will find out in game, that's quite fine for me. :)

calim
16-06-06, 15:46
hey i just give ideas from my experience.
I'm ok the "resume" button is to get faster ingame, but do you really think a small pics of your current char next to this button will really slower that ?
I assume it's details, but that's among what the game needs, no ?

@Sylow: why not improving the game ? that are small details... but there are a lot of improvements like that which would makes the game healthy and gives a general serious impression. Of course it's not "needed", i speak about improvements who makes a difference between "amateur" and "professional"...
Why not trying to make *better* than other MMOs ? "Here in NC, you actually know." you know because you red the forum and learned what represents "100%", or you did a general online citycom search ...

That's my point of view, i speak about ergonomics and game feelings.

Brammers
16-06-06, 16:21
Hey, not played for a year now, whats happenin in NC ? there doesent really seem like theres been many patches to be honest, whats the deal with heals now ? and average pops in UK evenings

Well the big patch was 148 to 150 the Evo 2.1 patch which spiced up the graphics and put in a better engine. You can get good FPS outside with veg detail on maximum, and there are a few new quests to do. Also they changed the FS/SL rules so there are higher penalties for allied killing.

The heals, well the Holy Heal got fixed and is not so overpowered now.

Populations, can't really comment, as I've not been playing as much as I used to. A lot of my clan members are waiting on the 2.2 balancing project.

If there is anything else you want to know, post it here!

Sylow
16-06-06, 16:53
@Sylow: why not improving the game ? that are small details... but there are a lot of improvements like that which would makes the game healthy and gives a general serious impression.[..]
Matter of priority, in my eyes. Having your character info next to the resume button... *shrug* wouldn't hurt, though it's be a bit ugly at that position. (Ugly != professional... )

My point rather is, priorities. And there, i consider this idea to be very low.

Anyways, guess we have to take a big rope and drag the thread back to topic. Wheres i agree with the previous postings, there's no better way to check out what the game is like than to grab the free trial and take a look yourself.

We're still playing, so no matter how much we complain, there must be something about the game which we like... :)

calim
16-06-06, 17:06
My point rather is, priorities. And there, i consider this idea to be very low.

... that's a lot of details like i described which make a good picture of the game for the new player. It represents for me their concern for the quality and caring, that's what i call "professional", and that's really not what i felt when i logged the first time. That's why i understand what you said but can't totally agree ;)

The question is not only if we (you and me) still like playing NC, but what can make more players to play ... and stay. the word is simply "caring" and they showed us a good point with the last patch !.

Clobber
16-06-06, 17:23
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 17:47
Spot someone who's going to get their account checked. :rolleyes:

N

Clobber
16-06-06, 18:53
[ edited ]

giga191
16-06-06, 18:55
[ edited ]

Kozmos
16-06-06, 18:58
Well the big patch was 148 to 150 the Evo 2.1 patch which spiced up the graphics and put in a better engine. You can get good FPS outside with veg detail on maximum, and there are a few new quests to do. Also they changed the FS/SL rules so there are higher penalties for allied killing.

The heals, well the Holy Heal got fixed and is not so overpowered now.

Populations, can't really comment, as I've not been playing as much as I used to. A lot of my clan members are waiting on the 2.2 balancing project.

If there is anything else you want to know, post it here!

heh bram you know its never been graphics im botherd about, its the pvp, the random fights and op fights etc, and they just deterioated over time in a mixed combo of shitty bugs, fucked up balancing, and generally the communities attitude

Nid, erm, you suggest i should download and install the trial, to a member on the customer forums ? does that not make something twig that ive still got an active account ? :P just not launched or patched in ages...

meh was jsut a glancing visit anyhow so i might jump in take a look but ill prolly leave it till the changes are done

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 19:32
Nid, erm, you suggest i should download and install the trial, to a member on the customer forums ? does that not make something twig that ive still got an active account ? :P just not launched or patched in ages...

As I said:
N

Scabard
16-06-06, 20:44
I dont see the problem here,

I recommend Neocron to people at work all the time, when I came back I brought 4 people with me, the two that stayed are old players who missed it alot. perhaps this shows that players nowadays are not used to the hardcore pvp environment that neocron provides. They have to expect it to get along here.
So there is still much love for this game in me and my friends, I would recommend it to anyone, there would be a warning along the way to expect some bugs but I would also tell them not to let them put them off as the end game is better then any I have experienced elsewhere.

Plus, much respect to Nid, all this time and your still not perma banning on sight for the same pointless complaints :eek:

Kozmos
17-06-06, 02:43

but am i not in a forum where you need a subscribed account to post in ? :P or has that now been changed ?

Just bein a picky lil shit :p banter and all, always determined to get one over you D ;) :p *hides*

Archy
17-06-06, 06:11
I dont see the problem here,

I recommend Neocron to people at work all the time, when I came back I brought 4 people with me, the two that stayed are old players who missed it alot. perhaps this shows that players nowadays are not used to the hardcore pvp environment that neocron provides. They have to expect it to get along here.
So there is still much love for this game in me and my friends, I would recommend it to anyone, there would be a warning along the way to expect some bugs but I would also tell them not to let them put them off as the end game is better then any I have experienced elsewhere.

Plus, much respect to Nid, all this time and your still not perma banning on sight for the same pointless complaints :eek:

That's well said, it's true that pvp in NC is unique but has obviously ups and downs too.

Sylow
17-06-06, 10:38
but am i not in a forum where you need a subscribed account to post in ? :P or has that now been changed ?

Just bein a picky lil shit :p banter and all, always determined to get one over you D ;) :p *hides*
Honestly, i am not understanding what you are going for. Should we tell you, if the game can be fun for you?

I can tell you that it's fun for me, otherwhise, i'd be on any other game. If you even have an active account, you should very well be able to find out for yourself, if it's fun or not for you.

Kozmos
17-06-06, 13:00
Honestly, i am not understanding what you are going for. Should we tell you, if the game can be fun for you?

I can tell you that it's fun for me, otherwhise, i'd be on any other game. If you even have an active account, you should very well be able to find out for yourself, if it's fun or not for you.

mostly just seein what forum names are still around, seein if the fanbois are still all righteous and protective about kk etc...

I played from beta 2 till last summer... honestly, NC2 did kill it for me :/ dont know why because it wasnt really a major change to the game... in a way i guess it was because it wasnt pluto, we had the item losses etc...bleh i duno...

Ryen
18-06-06, 23:23
I think the main problem is that the MMO scene has evolved while neocron hasn't. Many MMO's that have been recently developed and released are far more stable, faster, and better looking then neocron on the surface. Most MMO's now have quests that take the player from the start of the game to the end, where as Neocron (after the Jones quests, which are great) has a few quests, followed by a huge span of nothing. Oh, every 10 levels I get to run an incredibly quick mission for my faction, awesome. But between those 10 levels it's a tedious grind.

Then the end game, which isn't TOO bad and not a cause for concern.

However, besides the grind, neocron needs a total graphical makeover. As well as a completely rewritten engine. The balancing is a start, but it's only part of the problem.

Neocron also has a stigma attached to it, since many were disappointed after the beta. Most still view neocron as a horrifically bad game. Even if improvements were to be made, the name would keep people away. Change it.

But, as echoed above, it may be too late. Considering the game was released almost four years ago (neocron 2 being counted as an expansion, since that's really all it was).

Dribble Joy
19-06-06, 00:00
People have been brought up on the MMOs like WoW and EverQuest and expect to have quest after quest after level grind after level grind, so comeing to NC and it's focus on PvP can be a turn off. It's a niche game and allways will be. The biggest stumbling block is C2P (sorry, it is) and the fact no-one has heard of NC, you get a few token web ads up, but nothing on really big sites that are going to pull large numbers.
I'll say it again, please for the love of fuck get an ad spot on Penny Arcade, the web servers will die after a couple of days but all the people visiting the site will be worth it. I'll even donate cash to do it.

Regardless, anyone who is thinking about it, come back, if you all say I'll only come back when the pops are up, then no-one will come back. Come back and pops will go up, then other will start returning.

giga191
19-06-06, 00:08
They need to have another free week of play when they release this balancing thing.

Why do we like NC? Well i think in some ways the game just feels more 'solid' than other games, which seem to be more smoke an mirrors. It might be because you have to actually aim in this game, it could be the fact that you can make setups that KK haven't specifically designed to be made, it could be that items seems more real i.e. no binding to chars, you drop it and you can see it on the floor and you can use them however you want to.

What drives people away? KK's unreliability mainly, but the majority of that is because the original NC code was so buggy and hard to work with (altho i still can't understand why para is ingame)

Davey Wavey
19-06-06, 00:46
im coming back ;)

LiL T
19-06-06, 00:53
If your thinking about comming back or trying the game out, just do it, don't let the server pops put you off. This game does not need that many people on the server to make it feel alive, more would be better but even just 50 more people on the server would make a big difference.

Davey Wavey
19-06-06, 01:00
aye totaly agree... ive been playing this game since beta 4 and only in the last 8 months or so have i taken this break... i played nc the other day at my cousins and it just felt wicked and what i needed again :D

so yeh dont listen to anyone else about server pops and bullshite just reactivate and try it the minute you fight someone you will get the feeling of neocrack going into your veins again ;)

Ryen
19-06-06, 07:43
It's a niche game and allways will be. The biggest stumbling block is C2P (sorry, it is) and the fact no-one has heard of NC, you get a few token web ads up, but nothing on really big sites that are going to pull large numbers.

It might not have WoW level exposure, but everyone on every forum I frequent knows about Neocron. They all say it was a huge failure to itself and the cyberpunk MMO landscape. I tend to disagree, if only a bit.

Also, cyberpunk is still going strong. People think it's niche since no companies like to support the ideology. The few that do usually come out with half-assed products. Eve-Online and Deus Ex being the only two cyberpunk games I've seen that have a huge following and are great.

Good games are good games. Neocron is widely known, it's just also widely hated. I know this will probably get edited for flaming, but I'm just stating my observations.

giga191
19-06-06, 10:17
I also find it funny how many people i find saying "oh i remember neocron, that game was awesome in beta, shame about the bugs".

I think to increase the pop KK should just make up some fake population numbers and after a while just stop using the fake numbers and switch to the real thing when everyone has come back.

Preach
19-06-06, 12:51

N

If this was aimed at me in anyway, my acct is stil active but unplayed :/