PDA

View Full Version : Just started playing again and I was wondering...

Kain
15-06-06, 16:33
Afternoon all,

Couple of friends and I have just returned to NC, after leaving just before NC2 came out.

Wondered if someone could point me in the right direction, as I am trying to find a site or post about the epic quests for the various factions.

I also read that certain items are now only available from your own Faction Houses when you have a FS of 90+.
How is this working? Is there much cross Faction trading? Are people using CM to trade between the Pro / Anti city?

( reason I ask is my imported capped TT APU is sadly missing her lvl 3 PA and since I have no Crahn alts .... )

Anyway as a side comment TH feels like a Bus station, and nothing is where is should be in NC !

Strange, things are both the same and different < grin >.

What is up with the DOY app? Why on earth did FA agree to move from shinny TH to that shite hole. I'm sure that the undead / cyborg guards dont mind being rained on ( hope its simple rain ), but come on, the hole in the app roof is enormous and the 50+ rats on crystal meth running round the ground floor give me motion sickness.
Made me really laugh though when I found a vendor selling pot plants, its going to need much more of a "makeover" to tart up that place.

Finally I have this weird thing going on... with the char login screen:

- Three of my imported chars have no picture on the login screen.
- All fours are totally bald in game.
- Two of them have the wrong profession listed.
- one has the wrong sex!

( I originally imported the chars a couple of months after NC2 came out. Wonder if the shadow peeps hidden behind account@neocron.com can help me out.)

Love me!

Kain

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 16:43
Helpdesk@neocron.com is probably better for the character issues. The missing pictures on the login screen will probably stay, a GM will meet you to solve your hair issues (they're all pretty good hairdressers by this point) but helpdesk will probably have to solve the other issues directly.

N

giga191
15-06-06, 16:44
http://nc.synergyxr.net/ is very good for epics, kindly provided by FN :)

-FN-
15-06-06, 23:29
http://nc.synergyxr.net/ is very good for epics, kindly provided by FN :)
And please feel free to email me any updates or improvements you might encounter while you're doing those epics!

fn AT synergyxr DOT net :)

rob444
15-06-06, 23:33
Welcome back and I hope you and your friends enjoy your stay :)

Kain
16-06-06, 17:37
Thank's for the replies, spent most of the afternoon in -FN-'s website.

;)

Riddle
16-06-06, 17:40
Call a GM about your hair like suggested by NID, Great service!

Had a well known GM come to my appy, admire my trophies and hooker wife then proceed to give me a rather nice short back and sides :D

Pantho
19-06-06, 11:34

Had a well known GM come to my appy, admire my trophies and hooker wife then proceed to give me a rather nice short back and sides :D

I was going to get a hooker, but all the GM had was cheap throw backs that he had already Loss'nd up to much

Brammers
19-06-06, 13:43
I also read that certain items are now only available from your own Faction Houses when you have a FS of 90+.
How is this working? Is there much cross Faction trading? Are people using CM to trade between the Pro / Anti city?

( reason I ask is my imported capped TT APU is sadly missing her lvl 3 PA and since I have no Crahn alts .... )

People will trade with each other, if the price is right. PA3 is Crahn FSM, and there is usually plenty of people in that faction who have FSM access. (Price about 200-300k)

Some faction have useless items in them, some faction have some excellent items in them, and getting 90FS is quite easy these days.

And Techhaven is a central place of trade these days, so make a trip to TH and get the GR's, it's perfectly safe, even for evil Tangents! ;)

P.S. Since you have a capped APU, you may need to get the Crahn Glove to get it back on the same sort of setup as an NC1 APU.

Skusty
19-06-06, 13:54
Carbie gave my chars their haircuts. :angel:

Mr Kot
19-06-06, 14:37
Finally I have this weird thing going on... with the char login screen:

- Three of my imported chars have no picture on the login screen.
- All fours are totally bald in game.
- Two of them have the wrong profession listed.
- one has the wrong sex!
Little database 'hiccup' a couple of christmases ago did that. The character models were borked, hence the blank avatars. The models were fixed, minus their hair but the blank avatars are there to stay. Newly made chars since then will have proper avatars.

Baldness is easily fixable in game as already mentioned. Just make an ingame ticket and wait for a copbot to turn up with a rather large pair of scissors and some glue 8|

Wrong character class: as part of the database fuckup, these now display incorrectly at the login screen on chars made before the glitch. Nothing can be done about this, but your actual chars in game will be fine.

Same with the sex problem; all my chars show as female now even though they're male. Again, this is only a login screen issue as your toons ingame will be fine.

Welcome back to NC :)

If there's anything you can't find, just yell on Help chat.. some items really do take some finding now. You might like to make a newbie char too, just to experience the Mr Jones quests. These quests are based on your profession when you make the char, and give you unique items you can't get anywhere else, such as the TL10 heal and the hooker for your apartment ;)

Dribble Joy
19-06-06, 15:39
Heh, DJ is still a psi monk assassin :p.

Started off as a secret agent, but I think that proffession has gone now.

Apocalypsox
19-06-06, 16:10
Heh, DJ is still a psi monk assassin :p.

Started off as a secret agent, but I think that proffession has gone now.

rofl me too. WBTX is soo obviously a Female Assasin Psi Monk.

Skusty
19-06-06, 16:12
Ain't DJ a Judge PE? Like my Finnish Power. :p

Uho
20-06-06, 09:57

just dont let mander loan your account while barbering is taking place :P
else u get THE POPE HAIR

:P

unreal
20-06-06, 09:59
I think it's about time my Spy had a hair cut too. Paying 10nc. ;)

Kain
03-07-06, 14:38
Glad to say I am really enjoying being back in NC.

Spent 1 year away playing WOW till I became sick of the itemisation, sick of the terrible crafting system, sick of the whole toon feel. Went to D+D where I'm loving the dungeons

Now the core of my old clan are back in NC its so much fun. Even like the FSM / FDB changes. Though I keep getting lost in DOY.

Shame all the old bugs are still arround.

One final question, why do the DOY bots attack my le'd FA char in the squares arround the dump ? Was a little suprising !

:)

Toxen
04-07-06, 14:20
The game went through a period where everything was been handed to doy on a plate, things like all their city GR's been guarded by 120/120's and not having any back door or unguarded access into DoY while NC has several unguarded GR and backdoors including the secret doy HQ's in PP and OZ (still), while it was prolifically easy to get into NC if you were DoY, quite literally you could see TG at CA HQ GR. The area's around DoY were guarded by the DoY bots compared the area's around NC been guarded by one or two randomly placed non roaming storm bots and then there was the TG canyon issue, at the start of NC2 it was basicly a large dungeon of raptors with some smugglers and out of the way appartments, and was no longer the TG base of operations not a single TG guard. After a short while that got handed back to TG and the mobs removed this cut off access by NC folk to certain items that could only be obtained by smugglers there (loosing smugglers in NC became quite common later on theres still a whole host of lower level items only available to doys, and not just the faction items). If that wasn't bad enough they then got a GR in what was there secret HQ, basicly giving the dome a forward base to send raiding parties into the unguarded NC ganking people in the now non safe zones of the inner city.

The DoY bots going haywire was sort of a balacing in my opinion because the community was nagging at that point that the game was been pushed in favour of doy. Jokingly just before it happend i droped the line that doy bots would soon be attacking doy into my sig, to wind doy up hadn't a clue it was actually gonna happen though.

Still a number of balancing issues to be dealt with, one of the things i rember been promised for NC2 was that both doy and nc would have secret tunnels into the city NC's always had those its about time DoY got theirs

Kain
04-07-06, 16:58
Shame in one way, the dump was my favorite hunting grounds towards the end of NC-1. Nice mix of Mobs, the tunnels to play in and, after that event, a gogo, a gr (out only) and a garage. Its a bit different now.

But times change, still looking for somewhere safe(ish) to level our pro-city non le'd chars.
We have made the decision to move to NEXT, we were TT for the whole of NC-1 but towards the end we became disillusioned by the in fighting between TT and Biotech and the general way TT story was feeling.
Back then that was the point at which we started our FA le'd chars.

Anyway with the FSM changes and our love of building vehicles coupled with the speed at which we get them blown up the TT move to NEXT got our vote.

Brief comments on DOY / NC balance and access:

I was surprised at how easy it was to get into PP3 while doing the FA epic, I had more problems getting into TG canyons!

But anti-city had it easier in nc-1 not surprised they continued that when NC-2 came out. It got worse the closer DOY came to opening. It being almost impossible for us to get to the NE of the map and the anti-city lot being able to watch the DOY / Stormbot fights without anyone shooting at them.

Least NC isnt a bombed out shitehole full of rotting zombie borg type guard thingies.

Kain

unreal
04-07-06, 19:42
The game went through a period where everything was been handed to doy on a plate"Went" is past tense. Everything is still handed to DoY on a plate as we speak. ;)
one of the things i rember been promised for NC2 was that both doy and nc would have secret tunnels into the city NC's always had those its about time DoY got theirsNC does but one of them seems to be blocked off, and the other, takes you through the secret (either Tsunami or Black Dragon) HQ - which means it's full of enemy 120/120 guards. Yet another easy access hidey hole for anti-city.

The biggest problem with Neocron is that guards are everywhere, and along with parashock, raids, and any sort of fighting is stopped instantly. It's one of the largest factors that produced the current carebear community. Dying in an honourable fight is one thing, but being glued to the spot with an incredibly slim chance of defending yourself to be killed at ease is another.