PDA

View Full Version : Any1 else noticed Server probs,

Pantho
14-06-06, 11:44
I E-mailed help desk, made me do a file check, re-install, etc etc....

So anyways is any1 else getting mass lag spikes, and sometimes the whole server freezing for a second or 2.

silent000
14-06-06, 11:47
i know 2 of my friends got a big server freeze yesterday as they were both droning, it stopped fireing and then 2 secs late launcher 10 drones. This happened to them both at the same time

Pantho
14-06-06, 11:50
i know 2 of my friends got a big server freeze yesterday as they were both droning, it stopped fireing and then 2 secs late launcher 10 drones. This happened to them both at the same time

Weird, me and my freind was droning 2, heh, in a Cave.... Not a drone thing tho, happend on my PPU as well as i was Poking TL115 in Plaza 1 (My ppu is BD btw)

Faid
14-06-06, 15:28
Had a huge retardo server freeze for myself and 2 others inside HN yesterday. And yes we have all kids of problems all the time but I thought that was normal :p

Zheo
18-06-06, 11:55
sync times sometimes take longer and also nc seems to freeze my computer sometimes, or rather NC freezes and i cant quit it :(

silent000
18-06-06, 12:01
i know myself and alot of ppl constantly have the ALT+F thingy up and every so often it shoots straight up to 500-2000 ping =/ then wil lgo down in about 3-5 seconds

Nidhogg
18-06-06, 13:03
Think about when you're streaming a movie. Typically you see a growing bar representing the amount loaded followed by a growing bar representing how much you've seen. You know when the first bar suddenly stops for a few seconds (sometimes even long enough for your movie to catch up and freeze at that point)?

Ever been watching a download estimate that there's 5 minutes left and it suddenly jumps up to 10 minutes before dropping back down again?

This is the internet, it's absolutely guaranteed that you will get temporary outages from time to time; those outages will cause your ping to go sky high for a few seconds.

N

gamefreak
18-06-06, 13:23
This is the internet, it's absolutely guaranteed that you will get temporary outages from time to time; those outages will cause your ping to go sky high for a few seconds.

never noticed that 8|

slith
18-06-06, 13:51
never noticed that 8|Noticed it, but it's way too common in Neocron ^^

gamefreak
18-06-06, 14:00
well i noticed it in neocron but not outside in da mighty intranet

Shenyu Reza
18-06-06, 16:27
It is the newb filter

Nidhogg
18-06-06, 17:08
I don't want to cause confusion here (and it looks like I may have). I'm not suggesting that every single server issue can be explained by congestion on the net, just that it's bound to be the case that some of them are.

As an example, recently there was a thread when the entire US region had an issue because of a backbone connection problem in the UK. These things happen and they can cause whole continents to suffer lag problems.

N

Bredahl
18-06-06, 23:22
well after the patch i get synched out every 30mins or so, NOT when zoning, but when im afk or running around in a zone.
and yesterday i was talking to a friend in DM and suddenly he stopped replying, but i could see that he was moving, then i did a relog and he asked me if i couldnt "hear" what he said.. o_O
and i even startet to get login errors all the time..
Before the patch i almost never had login errors (once a week max) fataled once or twice per day (thats still the same), NEVER got synched out when not zoning (well.. very happend very rare)

what the hell has happend? :(

btw sry for my shitty english.. had to see Le Mans and havent been to bed yet

Pantho
18-06-06, 23:27
well after the patch i get synched out every 30mins or so, NOT when zoning, but when im afk or running around in a zone.
and yesterday i was talking to a friend in DM and suddenly he stopped replying, but i could see that he was moving, then i did a relog and he asked me if i couldnt "hear" what he said.. o_O
and i even startet to get login errors all the time..
Before the patch i almost never had login errors (once a week max) fataled once or twice per day (thats still the same), NEVER got synched out when not zoning (well.. very happend very rare)

what the hell has happend? :(

btw sry for my shitty english.. had to see Le Mans and havent been to bed yet

i had this, the "Can you hear me", In the DOME Meeting in the Canyon last night (Which didnt go well ), Every few mins my Local would kinda act as if it was muted., i would have to relog for it to be normal again

Deff a new bug! NIDŽ! get reporting :)

gstyle40
19-06-06, 05:09
great, go away for a few days and come back to new bugs. just what i wanted :wtf:

Apocalypsox
19-06-06, 05:39
It is the newb filter
agreed :D

but i did notice a little bit of lag when switching weapons or zoning or things of the such...then again i would think i generally would, living in the US with a 200 constant ping.

(its just alittle worse than normal)

Pantho
19-06-06, 10:07
great, go away for a few days and come back to new bugs. just what i wanted :wtf:

wb mace :), u and your GF? have fun?

LiL T
19-06-06, 11:22
The problems I have been experencing...

FRE constantly while fighting at MB, my solution was to reformat PC and redownload the game. Seems to have fixed the FRE's but now I'm having new problems, drugs randomly running out and not showing. Not being able to pull out my weapon due to drugs running and not showing, taking more drugs just stacks them. So I'm having 2 x beast and 2x nightspider on me and still unable to draw weapons, I relog and find all my buffs and drugs messed up (out of sync) with each other.. This happend serveral times, it is unplayable for me, its not acceptable.