PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED]WoC PAs

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 15:22
Soooo..... anyone got a pic of them yet?

Brammers
13-06-06, 15:37
Some pics in the 157 thread here (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1993498&postcount=43).

giga191
13-06-06, 15:50
i'll be home getting the PE one in around 28 mins

cl0wn
13-06-06, 17:09
I just got the woc pa and got someone to damage it for me and it lost durability.

What is the point of wasteing 2.5m on a pa you can drop?

http://exl.nrgservers.net/steven/wocpa.jpg

Mighty Max
13-06-06, 17:16
Why shouldnt they drop/lose cond.?

- they are PAs
- they are redoable
- they are an outfit to show off, not a "must have to be good" item.

giga191
13-06-06, 17:17
because it's about time KK added a useable piece of content....

unreal
13-06-06, 17:17
Well said. I'm pretty disappointed about it too. They made a big deal about adding WOC PA's, most of us were like "WTF, 2.5mil" to begin with, along with handing over a normal PA3, and now we find they drop in belts and lose condition. All I can say again is WTF?

If it loses condition and drops in belts, surely it should cost the same as normal PA. You already have the WOC level to show you spent the time, cash, and effort to be able to wear it. I was pleased about the patch until now.

Why shouldnt they drop/lose cond.?Because they cost 2.74million ... each.

giga191
13-06-06, 17:18
and also the very rare gold PA that you need woc 3 to use is probably also droppable......

RogerRamjet
13-06-06, 17:18
All WoC drop and lose condition as far as i know, but having to spend that much money is insane.

Brammers
13-06-06, 17:24
Why shouldnt they drop/lose cond.?

- they are PAs
- they are redoable
- they are an outfit to show off, not a "must have to be good" item.

Because it's a WOC item! ;)

The crossbow does not drop or loose condition when it's repaired, so why on earth did they make the PA dropable and loose condition when it's repaired is a little odd.

Mighty Max
13-06-06, 17:25
Because it's a WOC item! ;)

The crossbow does not drop or loose condition when it's repaired, so why on earth did they make the PA dropable and loose condition when it's repaired is a little odd.

You can't compare onetime items with redoable ones.

cl0wn
13-06-06, 17:28
Its the difference between 2.5m and no 2.5m so why the hell is it so expensice for a thing you can drop....

StevenJ
13-06-06, 17:28
Making the PA non-drop is perhaps a non-combat advantage for WoC that people have been asking for...

Brammers
13-06-06, 17:30
You can't compare onetime items with redoable ones.

Thats my point! Why is it a redoable item, when the rest of the WoC items are one-time items?

I was expecting the WoC PA to be like other WoC items ie.

- You can only get one.
- They don't drop.
- They repair to 120/120.
- They have a WoC requirement to use them. ;)

CMaster
13-06-06, 17:32
OK, with safelsots, Jones items, etc. what is the only real valuable item you ever get out of a belt? PA
According to a lot of people, all you guys whingine about it being droppable are carebears.
Do you really want even less point in ever looting belts, and even more advantages for WoC users?
That said, 2.75 mil is a bit out of order.
And the people making the point about redoable/not is another matter.

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 17:32
2.5 mil is nothing for the vast majority of players, anyone who spent any time in the caves probably has capped money.
It's not like you can't re-do the run either.

As I said in the other thread, it's a show piece bit of content, if you really want to use it in PvP then you are going to have to accept the risk (otherwise you're just.. well... a bit carebearish...). I will be getting mine when I reach WoC unless I decide I prefer the Camo one, and I probably won't use it in real combat or hunting.

unreal
13-06-06, 17:36
That's easily said for someone who hardly ever leaves NeoFrag to lose such an expensive item. :rolleyes: 2.5m is expensive for those of us who like to PvP, and isn't expensive for those who sit levelling for days on end.

SorkZmok
13-06-06, 17:43
PvP with a character that you don't have to level anymore already is fucking expensive.
I gotta keep a fuckload of drugs around of which half can't be recycled and cost quite a lot.
Plus armor that i drop plus spells that i can drop plus genrepping around, repairing shit, getting poked, buying medikits, stamina boosters, psi boosters and all that. It's a lot more expensive than you might think.

If i now also have the chance to drop my 2.5 mil PA, i'm simply not gonna wear it. :(

giga191
13-06-06, 17:47
2.5 mil is nothing for the vast majority of players, anyone who spent any time in the caves probably has capped money. you must be doing the caves very differently because on my PE with 492 million dex i've only earnt about 15 mil from caving and i'm right now i only have 50k. The main arguements for the PA not being droppable are that a) it's a woc item and should have an advantage b) it would have been a complete waste of time for KK if no one wears it

unreal
13-06-06, 17:52
Yeah, and here's an example of Spies imparticular. Usually you have to use 3 drugs to begin with, which means 747 drugs (that's 1.5m already at regular prices), which would last about a month or so of an average amount of PvP. You then have armour, Stealth tools, spells, and the other two expensive drugs which are quite a requirement: antishock fluid and damage blocker.

I personally don't really care about dropping items, it's just annoying when it does happen, but in this case, I would definitely care about having a 2.74million (which would have taken myself quite a while to come by) item go quickly down the toilet. I thought I was paying for a PA that wouldn't drop and repairs back to 120/120. I feel scammed. :o

Mighty Max
13-06-06, 17:55
It's the question for what event this PA is worn.

It's definately not for the regulary PvP action. If you find out what purpose is clearly hinted by its costs, its design and its requirements, you win a cookie.

*imagings boxers wearing smokings in the ring and boxer shorts in press conferences*

rob444
13-06-06, 18:07
I wouldn't mind them lose condition, but the drop sounds a bit awkward.

Cadgar
13-06-06, 18:09
if you drp that others do too. so.... dont pay 2+ million for that item and simply loot it :p

awkward silence
13-06-06, 18:23
I wouldn't mind them lose condition, but the drop sounds a bit awkward.

Nah it doesnt because i dont wear the PA o_O

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 18:31
That's easily said for someone who hardly ever leaves NeoFrag to lose such an expensive item. :rolleyes: 2.5m is expensive for those of us who like to PvP, and isn't expensive for those who sit levelling for days on end.
I haven't NFed in months, and I don't level continuously, nor do I have a tradeskiller (bar DJ's poking).
Doesn't an hour of cave runs earn you about 2-3 mil (for a tank or monk anyway)?

Lodar
13-06-06, 18:52
Threads merged.

-FN-
13-06-06, 18:58
I think CMaster kinda hit a good point. Between Faction Items, Epic Items, and Mission Items, 95% of a player's "good" stuff doesn't drop as it is. PA was pretty much the only decent thing you'd get out of a player's belt - that or a Heavy Belt. Now people want undroppable PA to go with the rest of their undroppable gear :rolleyes: However, with a 2.5m pricetag, I can understand that that would be a little extreme... and might make people not want to drop it, so it might be reasonable to lower the pricetag a bit. But then again - if you're getting WoC armor because you have WoC skills - there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to EASILY afford this armor - you're at the end-game portion of Neocron.

M'eh, I think all items should drop, so maybe I'm biased :p

giga191
13-06-06, 19:56
Doesn't an hour of cave runs earn you about 2-3 mil (for a tank or monk anyway)? that sounds like a bit much, even if you were constanly barreling a large group of mobs.

giga191
13-06-06, 19:57
I think CMaster kinda hit a good point. Between Faction Items, Epic Items, and Mission Items, 95% of a player's "good" stuff doesn't drop as it is. PA was pretty much the only decent thing you'd get out of a player's belt - that or a Heavy Belt. Now people want undroppable PA to go with the rest of their undroppable gear :rolleyes: However, with a 2.5m pricetag, I can understand that that would be a little extreme... and might make people not want to drop it, so it might be reasonable to lower the pricetag a bit. But then again - if you're getting WoC armor because you have WoC skills - there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to EASILY afford this armor - you're at the end-game portion of Neocron.

M'eh, I think all items should drop, so maybe I'm biased :p i agree to a certain extent, but maybe the WoC pa should only cost a lvl 3 normal PA

EDIT: if not make this PA none drop, at least make the gold one none drop.

rob444
13-06-06, 19:57
Nah it doesnt because i dont wear the PA o_O

I guess you are one of those smart guys then ;)

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 20:31
The detail on the models is actually quite high, but you have to get close to see it.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/Muffdemon/shot0130copy.jpg

Anyway, I wanna see some PE or Monk pics!

Edit: Here's the Pistol PE version......

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/Muffdemon/shot0132copy.jpg

Hell-demon
13-06-06, 21:41
Sex To The Pe!

Cadgar
13-06-06, 21:52
pe looks goddamn sexy, better than the old pa4.

are there any differences between rifle/pistol oder apu/ppu ?

(i dont have any woc char)

Mr Kot
13-06-06, 21:54
If it loses condition and drops in belts, surely it should cost the same as normal PA.
I'm surprised no-ones figured it yet, but you CAN get it for less than 2.5 mill.

If it drops in belts, all it could cost you is the time spent in hacking the right belt ;) 2.5 mill is only the retail price; there's always the black market :p

unreal
13-06-06, 22:05
The thought barely entered my mind for more than 2milliseconds. You're never going to loot one from a belt, anyone who says they have done will most likely be bullshitting, or the person not caring to retrieve the belt or have their friend do it was rich beyond belief. If someone wearing WOC PA dies, they obviously won't be on very negative SL, otherwise they would have switched to a cheaper PA, and they'll no doubtedly have 1 or more friends nearby to grab it since they'll all be teamed.

I remember the way you reacted when you dropped your 5 slot shelter in a belt twice in the same day near Crest Village, and that was just a 5 slot shelter. I wouldn't even dare think how you would react if you dropped a WOC PA, after eventually getting WOC Dex 1 on your PE. :p Remembering that day though, kind of odd, I think we all dropped our shelters at some point, I think DIS picked mine up that day. lol

Cronite
13-06-06, 22:27
Damnit...want this PA...NOW!!

does anybody sell a woc disk on mars? :)

Trilaac
13-06-06, 22:36
ok, here are the first pics of the new WOC PA's

Tank: http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/55/tankpa24zd.th.jpg (http://img469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tankpa24zd.jpg)

Spy: http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8698/spypa5py.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spypa5py.jpg)

PE: http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/9585/pepa7ad.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pepa7ad.jpg)

PPU PA: (maybe the same for APU): http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2986/ppupa3hr.th.jpg (http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ppupa3hr.jpg)

And lastly, a set of PA's... http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6718/setpa7fk.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=setpa7fk.jpg)

Thanks to all the guys for posing.. and to KK for the new content and these skins.

Cadgar
13-06-06, 23:05
does anybody sell a woc disk on mars? :)

yep, got any 5 slot pistols or other nice stuff? pm me

RogerRamjet
13-06-06, 23:20
Time to get me a WoC disc on mercury!

The PE PA is great.

The texture makes the whole thing not look gash.

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 00:45
So presumably the yellow version we saw in the other thread and the sneak peaks was the 'gold' WoC 3 variant?

gamefreak
14-06-06, 01:06
is there a difference between pc/rc, hc/mc and espescially apu/ppu ?

Brammers
14-06-06, 02:10
Sex my Monk PA!

http://www.techhaven.org/albums/brammers21evo/aaa.sized.jpg

Vasquez
14-06-06, 02:44
yep, got any 5 slot pistols or other nice stuff? pm me

I would offer a 5 slot ulti arti exe (112/120/120/120 and 4 slots free) for a WoC disk on Mars. But Cronite can make the first offer :) I have time :cool:

jini
14-06-06, 06:37
Cmaster really got a point here. These PAs should drop, since the mission can be done again and again and be valuable, but not @3milions (remember, you also lose a PA3).

@DJ: please tell us DJ, which is this golden cave, because me, just like Giga I'm completelly broke on all my alts.

I will refuse to wear this item of "singularity" as a protest to its price, and I predict that after a week of "showing off" it will go back where it belongs, that is in gogus, if kk doesnt reduce its price

unreal
14-06-06, 07:18
If they plan on reducing the price... they should give us compensation, because that just takes the piss.z

jini
14-06-06, 08:44
If they plan on reducing the price... they should give us compensation, because that just takes the piss.z
why? they didn't exacly placed a gun in your head telling you to go buy it :lol:

Pantho
14-06-06, 09:35
The thought barely entered my mind for more than 2milliseconds. You're never going to loot one from a belt, anyone who says they have done will most likely be bullshitting, or the person not caring to retrieve the belt or have their friend do it was rich beyond belief. If someone wearing WOC PA dies, they obviously won't be on very negative SL, otherwise they would have switched to a cheaper PA, and they'll no doubtedly have 1 or more friends nearby to grab it since they'll all be teamed.

I remember the way you reacted when you dropped your 5 slot shelter in a belt twice in the same day near Crest Village, and that was just a 5 slot shelter. I wouldn't even dare think how you would react if you dropped a WOC PA, after eventually getting WOC Dex 1 on your PE. :p Remembering that day though, kind of odd, I think we all dropped our shelters at some point, I think DIS picked mine up that day. lol

People wear anti-rad quits out and about, i mean people loe allsorts in there belt. You teling me you never hacked nice rare from a SL belt. Anyone can get caught out, i lost my oblit , (again),

Was caving on my droner. GR out and goto MB, after the GR i have -45 SL, instead of +8

rob444
14-06-06, 09:50
lol how did you end up with negative soullight after the gr? :P

Pantho
14-06-06, 10:12
No idea, I had 3-4 ppl with me, who all said i was on Green Soulight, GR'd to MB, -45, lol....

WTB Oblit tbh.

giga191
14-06-06, 10:58
Cmaster really got a point here. These PAs should drop, since the mission can be done again and again and be valuable, but not @3milions (remember, you also lose a PA3).

@DJ: please tell us DJ, which is this golden cave, because me, just like Giga I'm completelly broke on all my alts.

I will refuse to wear this item of "singularity" as a protest to its price, and I predict that after a week of "showing off" it will go back where it belongs, that is in gogus, if kk doesnt reduce its price I don't even wear camo PA simply because it costs more, so why KK thinks someone like me would wear a 2.5mil PA, I don't know.

New advertisement for woc: "Get woc and wear this awesome new 2.5mil PA that gives you nothing extra, but will sure put a smile on your enemies face when they loot it"

SnowCrash
14-06-06, 11:03
These power armors are meant to show other players that you are a member of the Wisdom of Ceres brotherhood. It's kind of an uniform and not meant to be PvP relevant. This is also the reason why they have the same stats as the original power armors.

giga191
14-06-06, 11:06
These power armors are meant to show other players that you are a member of the Wisdom of Ceres brotherhood. It's kind of an uniform and not meant to be PvP relevant. This is also the reason why they have the same stats as the original power armors. So are the completely useless hurler king knuckles also just to show that your a member of the woc brotherhood?

Listen to your customers, they want it to be viable to wear this for PvP, at least just reduce the cost of it.

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 11:12
Listen to your customers, they want it to be viable to wear this for PvP, at least just reduce the cost of it.

In most cases there isn't such thing as the customers voice. It's more like the customers noise, as the opinions vary widely. You can see by the posts in this thread alone, that there are different opinions about it through the playerbase.

Btw. that comes from a carebear: if you want to wear it in pvp, have the nuts to do so.

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 11:15
So are the completely useless hurler king knuckles also just to show that your a member of the woc brotherhood?
WoC as a whole needs reworking, the weapons in particular.

They can wear it, but there's an associated risk compared with normal PA.

giga191
14-06-06, 13:56
There's already a very weak arguement for KK to be spending time making content right now, so why they feel the need to make content that is useless beyond making ress mission macroers look slightly better, i am very confused by.

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 14:03
There's already a very weak arguement for KK to be spending time making content right now, so why they feel the need to make content that is useless beyond making ress mission macroers look slightly better, i am very confused by.

Yet it somehow seems to seperate the chicken from the men allready *eg*

giga191
14-06-06, 14:10
Yet it somehow seems to seperate the chicken from the men allready *eg* or the ress mission macroers from the honest players.

I'm still not sure how they can pretend to have made these PAs for RP reasons why they have never explained/introduced WoC itself through any RP events, or articles.

Trilaac
14-06-06, 15:17
So are the completely useless hurler king knuckles also just to show that your a member of the woc brotherhood?

i can see where this comes from.. any of you pay the old warhammer 40k? i know you did, don't lie... the different marine types wore different armour to show which 'faction' or whatever they belonged to, their armour was different.

same with the WOC PA.. they're different to show you are part of the Ceres legions.. but since they are the same as normal PA3, they're actually only a show-off thing and should be put away unless you want to e ganked so it can e stolen. Maybe if they gave you some nice bonuses, and cost a bit less, then maybe more people would want them... one more thing. since both pro ad anti guys can have them, the legion of ceres is a bit pointess, since we wouldn't be fighting each other, but the enemies of ceres?

giga191
14-06-06, 16:42
These power armors are meant to show other players that you are a member of the Wisdom of Ceres brotherhood. It's kind of an uniform and not meant to be PvP relevant. This is also the reason why they have the same stats as the original power armors. I think you might have misunderstood me a bit, I didn't want them to have different different stats than normal, i meant that they should just be either cheaper or none drop

jini
14-06-06, 16:45
These power armors are meant to show other players that you are a member of the Wisdom of Ceres brotherhood. It's kind of an uniform and not meant to be PvP relevant. This is also the reason why they have the same stats as the original power armors.
Well if this was he occasion, then why not show it for free? take any PA a character can use and apply a special mark. I dont have to show someone im a member of WoC club, as if this meant anything... Im already using a crossbow for ages. Jesus guys, what is this with people in Europe and closed "clubs" I wonder. Make things easy again guys, I don't get it why is it so difficult. You have the most successful mmorpg out here and you dont know how to make the best out of it...
2.5 mios just to show Im a member of WoC... :mad:

Edit @Giga: make them nondrop Giga, and we can safely say that PEs will never lose anything if dead, except items that chose to lose lol. Implants are safe, crossbow, heal, stealth are non dropable. What's left is only a heal spell, the DB and the shelter, and the PA for those who use one. Compare this to the spells a monk uses or a spy.

giga191
14-06-06, 16:56
Edit @Giga: make them nondrop Giga, and we can safely say that PEs will never lose anything if dead, except items that chose to lose lol. Implants are safe, crossbow, heal, stealth are non dropable. What's left is only a heal spell, the DB and the shelter, and the PA for those who use one. Compare this to the spells a monk uses or a spy. so make it cheaper? i can't be bothered to argue any more, if KK choose once again to put in their hands over their ears and scream "lalalalalalal we're not listening" then there's not much I can do about it. I just thought considering how low the pops are, you might actually want to pay attention. I suppose anyone who gave a shit about these kind of things have already left a long time ago and now we're just left with the ultra tolerant community

cRazy-
14-06-06, 16:58
I agree, if its droppable, lower the price to around normal PA costs, if someone went to the trouble of getting WoC then it doesnt make any sense to furthermore charge millions for the PA.

Alternatively just make it undroppable which is what I would vote for, if its made undroppable then its another good point about getting Wisdom of Ceres. It was even said when WoC was introduced that it gives additional tools and other useful items/weapons, undroppable power Armour seems perfectly viable to fit into such a catagory.

Plus if you just look at it from a realistic point of view, if it costs 2+ million to buy and is droppable and wreckable, no ones going to use it apart from places like Neofrag, yet again it would be something KK created which no one uses, so its pretty much like its not even there and hitherto doesn't add to the overall concept of making Neocron a better game.

John Wu
14-06-06, 17:09
shouldn't you encourage their use then? few people will show off with this PA if it has no relevant influence to PvP and costs a fortune.

just wondering, couldn't care less since I'll never have woc, except the very unlikely case that KK decides that selling drugs should give one exp.

gamefreak
14-06-06, 17:10
just make the pa a requirement to use other woc items, now it makes sense to wear it and to pay 2.5 mil for it

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 17:14
just make the pa a requirement to use other woc items, now it makes sense to wear it and to pay 2.5 mil for it
That would penalise people who don't want to wear PA though.

Drop it down to 1 mil (including the original PA) but don't make it non drop, we have enough non drop items as it is.

unreal
14-06-06, 17:16
These power armors are meant to show other players that you are a member of the Wisdom of Ceres brotherhood. It's kind of an uniform and not meant to be PvP relevant. This is also the reason why they have the same stats as the original power armors.So why the frig did you bother putting it in-game in the first place? Neocron is meant to be based on its great PvP, so why add armour most can only wear when doing naff all in a safe zone? People don't play Neocron to sit in a safe zone for hours on end so everyone can say "ooh look at my pretty PA". 2.74million is very expensive for something you could lose seconds after buying one.

Edit@Dribble Joy: 1million is still pretty steep. It should cost something around maybe 500k to convert the PA3 you already bought to WOC PA3. That's somewhat more suitable.

gamefreak
14-06-06, 17:17
That would penalise people who don't want to wear PA though.

it would only nerf xbow PEs wich are already overpowered, so what s the problem with it?

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 17:30
Well if this was he occasion, then why not show it for free?

You want to brag with things that every beggar can afford?

So why the frig did you bother putting it in-game in the first place? Neocron is meant to be based on its great PvP

It's allways fun to see ppl not realizing that there is more thing you can do in this game.

giga191
14-06-06, 17:42
It's allways fun to see ppl not realizing that there is more thing you can do in this game. It's always fun to see ppl not realizing that people go to other games for PvM and RP, and people play NC for PvP. Not that I don't think that this game should have PvM and RP, it's just a very bad time for KK to focus on those things. Anything that they add to them is just going to last on a short amount of time, while improving PvP lasts forever.

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 17:54
It's always fun to see ppl not realizing that people go to other games for PvM and RP, and people play NC for PvP

So you say KK should just increase this disadvantage by concentrating more on things that you said yourself are a) allready in the process of improving b) allready a big point.

Correct me if im wrong, but i allways thought to get further some has to work on his downsides ...

Stop whining because someone else got a toy you don't want.

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 17:56
Edit@Dribble Joy: 1million is still pretty steep. It should cost something around maybe 500k to convert the PA3 you already bought to WOC PA3. That's somewhat more suitable.
Even I could get 1 mil within a small time period.

Don't buy one then go off and use it, save up, buy several and then keep spares.

Brammers
14-06-06, 17:59
It's allways fun to see ppl not realizing that there is more thing you can do in this game.

As a person who does RP, PvM and some PvP even I am not blind to the fact thats the WoC PA gives no advantage to a person using normal PA3. For PvM no advantage is gained. For RP, well it shows you have WoC.

@Mighty Max - Tell me why a dropable item has to cost 2.5 million to replace?

giga191
14-06-06, 17:59
i'm just saying that even tho there are other things to do in this game, they are currently far far less important than PvP.

this thread has turned into a fun game of community vs max

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 18:05
i'm just saying that even tho there are other things to do in this game, they are currently far far less important than PvP.

And i completely disagree. And even if, that is no reason to let these things die, is it?

this thread has turned into a fun game of community vs max
Excuse me, but i think you are thinking of you few a bit too strong. I don't mean that your opinion is from less weight, but your far away from beeing the com

@Mighty Max - Tell me why a dropable item has to cost 2.5 million to replace?

I've seen squads blowing much more rhinos and other vehicles up in a few minutes "just for fun" worth much more then 2.5mio ... but yeah it weren't their money. And beside thst, this money was real gone into the drain. A dopped PA is still there. Either the victim recovers his belt, or the hacker owns it.

Why it costs that much? I don't know maybe the glow comes from some very rare extraterestical metal :p

No Style
14-06-06, 18:10
it would only nerf xbow PEs wich are already overpowered, so what s the problem with it?
I'm exited to know then how a STR-WoC PE will use the Knuckles in this case.

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 18:27
I'm not thinking about just nerfage or just the xbow, I mean people who don't want to wear PA for whatever reason. Also, I'm thinking past the current problems and to what might be in the future.

jini
14-06-06, 19:17
You want to brag with things that every beggar can afford?
For starters I never brag for things in game, just because I am more clever than that to do so. I was using a TL92 before the crossbow, and I was enjoying it so much killing people with "uber rare" equipment

Second, yes, I want EVERY one to be able to get EVERYTHING, but I want only skill and ingenuity to stand out in the end

J J
14-06-06, 19:35
Yet again a thread decends into 'my d**k is bigger than yours...' If you don't want to risk dropping an item that costs nearly 3 mill in your belt... don't use it. Simple. As has been said, it gives no advantage over PA 3 anyway so there's no problem. If people want to show off the fact that they have WOC and money to burn let them, it's not hurting you. And as for all the 'KK should have better things to do than putting something useless ingame' comments, art department has nothing to do with bug fixing/coding new patches.

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 19:45
For starters I never brag for things in game, just because I am more clever than that to do so.

Thats good for you, but what does have to do with the ingame characters?

Second, yes, I want EVERY one to be able to get EVERYTHING, but I want only skill and ingenuity to stand out in the end

Hmm? it IS accessable by everyone. Credits are available for all factions and classes afaik.

Nonetheless beeing able to get anything and anywhere only restricted by skill and ungenuiity removes more possiblities from all then it gives the single. I think any MMO lives by the differences of the sides/parties, even in something that is known to not care about roleplaying, like our allbeloved (*g*) CS does not allow that, because it makes the whole an uninteresting tone of grey.

jini
14-06-06, 19:57
I don't understand you mate, plus I am also too bored to begin ping pong debates.
I dont know for other mmorpgs, but for this one, like Gga says I want :
1. Variation in skins and choices in character skins/ costumes
2. KK to remedy some simple things like I have said million of times, simple things that improve playability
3. Art department do its work step by step
Recipe is simple really but applying it is not it seems

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 20:08
If the OP system is fixed (PPUs, OP mechanics, whatever) along with things like payment and general increase in playability, then OP fights should return to the main form of PvP, in which case there's not much of an issue.
The pkers and similar players who operate outside of the OP arena generally run a much bigger risk, and I think choosing to wear WoC PA while doing so should be part of that, it screams confidence. Something I think some of the community in general is starting to loose.

gamefreak
14-06-06, 20:11
I'm exited to know then how a STR-WoC PE will use the Knuckles in this case.

STR-WoC Pe with hurler knuckles is the worst you can make out of a PE

giga191
14-06-06, 20:14
Hmm? it IS accessable by everyone. Credits are available for all factions and classes afaik.
. you could say that about any amount of money but it still doesn't mean that any thought has been put into the pricing.

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 20:24
STR-WoC Pe with hurler knuckles is the worst you can make out of a PE
At the moment....

unreal
14-06-06, 20:27
If you don't want to risk dropping an item that costs nearly 3 mill in your belt... don't use it. Simple.How many people do you see wearing WOC PA outside of TH and various other safe zones?

And as for all the 'KK should have better things to do than putting something useless ingame' comments, art department has nothing to do with bug fixing/coding new patches.You mentioned this because? It's something we already know. The point we're all making is, this content was added, in a totally stupid way. If you answer the question I asked a moment ago and think about the answer, you'll see that zero people outside of a safe zone wear the WOC PA. It's too expensive. Therefore, this is a wasted piece of content, and is therefore classed as useless. Noone can afford to keep paying 2.74million credits to replace their WOC PA when they drop it in a belt, and it doesn't even repair back to 120/120.

As you so nicely repeated, it has no advantage over the other Power Armours, in fact it probably gives you a disadvantage, you're more likely be targetted first, and the landing strips on Tank PA will certainly let people spot you a mile off. :p

The thing that depresses me the most is this:
These power armors are meant to show other players that you are a member of the Wisdom of Ceres brotherhood. It's kind of an uniform and not meant to be PvP relevant.Reakktor are obviously not in touch with the community. I was actually looking forward to running around shooting people while wearing WOC PA, and was the very reason I rushed towards the Ceres Temple and immediately spent the hefty 2.74million on getting it. The same thing everyone else did - only to be disappointed. Another opportunity to give an extra unF to PvP was wasted.

Asurmen Spec Op
14-06-06, 22:12
making it a big PVP bonus just means more people are off to spam rhinos, macro construction, or apu whore all day. I thought people in this game didnt want to have to go through long grinds to get pvp capable?

Safunte
14-06-06, 22:28
making it a big PVP bonus just means more people are off to spam rhinos, macro construction, or apu whore all day. I thought people in this game didnt want to have to go through long grinds to get pvp capable?

Nobody asked for a big pvp bonus, probably just one of those, give us a couple extra points so the grind payed off a little, but was nowehre near required.

So... whats the story on PE PAs?

boreal
14-06-06, 22:48
CRY me a river, build a brige or just swim the other FUCKING side.......

1. PA IS DROPPABLE OK (i have lost mine enought time to know it)
2. WoC IS A PA (see rule no.1)
3. WHIT ALL THE FREAKING NO-DROP ITEM, The freacking stupid *********** who got is Xbow and keep saying that you suck and Kill you each time you see him, if the PA WoC isin't dropable, the Xbow is not (1 slot) and imp too.... WHAT ARE THE REWARD FOR ME IF I KILL HIM.... nothing... so let the PA drop... maiby he will think twice before attacking a other person thinking **i might drop my PA WoC !!!!***
4. WHY THE FUCK YOU WATN SO MUCH PvP IF YOU CAN FREAKING STANT THE CHANCE TO LOST SOMETHING

KK have give us GREAT PA (on my pioint of view) but you guy are still freacking fucking argumenting on **shouldn't or should drop the pa in a belt.....

i have lost MANY good think in my belt because of NOOB PK in any place, even my own FACTION member have killing me.... so now that imp CAN'T be drop, JONH item can't be drop..... EPIC item can't be drop.... WTF YOU GUY WANT MORE... A LOUSY GAME WHERE YOU CAN PK EVERYONE AND GET NOTHING......

MAKE it BACK, where EVERYTHINK was DROPPABLE :D

taht was the good day, where you where able to lost ANYTHING in your belt...so when you where PvPing... you where REALY PvPing... not only to kill the guy in front of you... but you where thinking (well i was alway thinking that when i was fighting whit my gentank) WHAT i will lost... is my DOOM, my CS, My herc, My MOVEON.... what gonna be on my belt after that fight IF i lost !!!!

think about that guy and shit STOP complaning.... even the NEW player are saying that you are telling too much bad think... i think copbot (by that i mean the moderator) should be more aware of that and saction people who just spamm the same message again

on MY point of view... THANKS KK i can't wait to wear one of them (as soon i can get WoC on my GenTank that mean .... 2-3 day of powerleveling :D)

unreal
14-06-06, 22:52
Boreal, learn to read and write in English please. Most of us aren't bothered about it dropping, we're bothered about the price. :p

boreal
14-06-06, 23:00
price is price... IT NOT FUCKING REAL MONEY COMMONG... taht game becaume more and more a PvP game of **i got the Xbow before you... i own you or shit like that**

i got a bad setup on my tank, i got the BEST setup to fight monster... not player...

i have NEVER attack a player BEFORE they have attack me

and YEA I WILL WEAR IT WHEN I WILL GOT ONE... EVEN IF IT COST 10 MILL

what i eman is that by keeping complaning because of that or that... you make that game little and little interessted until FINALY nothing more is interested since it falling under your **let bitch and see what happen**

i can tell you 1 think for sure

1. if KK drop the price, you will say they are usuless since they add nothign more that the PA3

2. If KK make them more powerfull you wll again bitch and say it not fair for other player

and so on..... i won't say anithing else since i already know that GOOD player make they life AROUND the game... not bitching like you alway do

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 23:14
Interesting thing is that this complain comes from ppl who pretend to be the tought guys. Looks like it isn't much more then a very thin mask.

unreal, please don't get down to this poor level. Boreal is obviously a guy with french as his mother language. And you?

boreal
14-06-06, 23:30
max is right, i won't think and try realy hard to write **good** english when i ALREADY know that your gonna answer and say something like that

your the kind of the guy who shoot first, then laught on the dead body... but im SURE your the first one to make a BIG DEAL when someone just kill you

like i say, GET OVER IT GOD DAMNIT, KK have done something nice, let just say it good for most of people (and other no)

so what if im not english... did it mean i suck -_- !!!

belive me it because of player like you unreal that that game have becaume MORE AND MORE BORING.... freaking usuless PK, even in place you will NEVER think it will come.....hell im helping my bro to lvl, show him some place... and the first think he see is a dumdass stupig guy who come, pk me and stay on me saying shit.............my bro was **what is the probleme of that guy ???

so please... take some TNT whit you and BLOW YOU in piece... never want to talk whit guy like you who think that because im french im a **fucking french frog**... i didn't hate english people.... HELL im EVEN trying harder when it come to talk to someone who TRULY respect me even if i can't say what i want clearly.... but in your case i shouldn't even try.... since it doen't wort the energie to try

sanityislost
14-06-06, 23:44
is it just me or does he remind any of you of that lil kid that goes nuts at his pc
cause it doesnt work....or something to that effect.

could just be the random caps...i dunno :lol:

SiL ..:..

boreal
15-06-06, 00:38
lol i have never get angry at my computer (hell i don't like beeing PKed... but it give me contsitution :D)

Bredahl
15-06-06, 00:55
is it just me or does he remind any of you of that lil kid that goes nuts at his pc
cause it doesnt work....or something to that effect.

could just be the random caps...i dunno :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YES!

J J
15-06-06, 01:20
How many people do you see wearing WOC PA outside of TH and various other safe zones?
You mentioned this because? It's something we already know. The point we're all making is, this content was added, in a totally stupid way. If you answer the question I asked a moment ago and think about the answer, you'll see that zero people outside of a safe zone wear the WOC PA. It's too expensive. Therefore, this is a wasted piece of content, and is therefore classed as useless. Noone can afford to keep paying 2.74million credits to replace their WOC PA when they drop it in a belt, and it doesn't even repair back to 120/120.

As you so nicely repeated, it has no advantage over the other Power Armours, in fact it probably gives you a disadvantage, you're more likely be targetted first, and the landing strips on Tank PA will certainly let people spot you a mile off. :p

The thing that depresses me the most is this:Reakktor are obviously not in touch with the community. I was actually looking forward to running around shooting people while wearing WOC PA, and was the very reason I rushed towards the Ceres Temple and immediately spent the hefty 2.74million on getting it. The same thing everyone else did - only to be disappointed. Another opportunity to give an extra unF to PvP was wasted.

I don't care how many other people wear WOC in non-safe zones, as soon as I get the time to do the mission I'll be wearing my WOC PA all the time, it looks great.

I mentioned the fact that the art dept is not responsible for big fixing etc, because that is usually the first complaint from people whining 'why are they spending time putting in new skins when this and this need fixing...' People wanted new skins, people wanted something to show that they ground their way to WOC, you now have it. If you don't want to risk losing money, don't wear it. It's really that simple.

I'm just so sick of people slagging off every thing that gets introduced, and as has been mentioned people have been very blase in the past with their 'I don't care what I lose in a belt... don't be such a carebear... people have to have some incentive to speck hack' attitudes. Now suddenly people are terrified that their PA will drop if they die because they're so used to the fact that their heal is non-drop, their weapon is non-drop, their stealth tool is non-drop etc etc. And these are a lot of the same people who were all for a 'PvP server' with it's no safe zones. :rolleyes:

If you can afford to lose it, use it and look cool. If you can't afford to lose it, pose in TH with it on, op fight with it on, just don't wear it in a non safe zone. But either way please stop bitching about it.

sanityislost
15-06-06, 02:02
lol i have never get angry at my computer (hell i don't like beeing PKed... but it give me contsitution :D)

lol thats cool dude :D

unreal
15-06-06, 03:08
Interesting thing is that this complain comes from ppl who pretend to be the tought guys.If you're referring to me, I don't pretend to be a tough guy, I die all the time, you can't live forever, especially when fighting several people almost by yourself with selfbuffs, even more so if they have a rhino. :p I do like to complain within reason, as everyone knows. An example of which is in the screenshot - thanks for parking the Rhino over my belt so I couldn't loot it FF. ;) My plaza 1 apartment is full of replacement gear for such an occasion, including 6 Spy Pistol PA3's - but the simple fact still remains, 2.74million is way too expensive.
unreal, please don't get down to this poor level. Boreal is obviously a guy with french as his mother language. And you?I'm not going to any "level". It's a headache trying to read something like that. SiL already mentioned the random caps, that's the main thing I detested, along with the fact he totally misunderstood the point of the message. If you want to jump to that conclusion, so be it, but you're the one who's saying it, not me. You're trying to say I'm insulting him because he doesn't understand what's being said, it's quite the opposite. I'm not even going to respond to half the other crap, it's just getting boring. Boreal, if you're going to say something about me, at least make sure it's fact and not fiction. I spend a hefty portion of my Neocron time helping newbies, tyvm.
I'm just so sick of people slagging off every thing that gets introduced, and as has been mentioned people have been very blase in the past with their 'I don't care what I lose in a belt... don't be such a carebear...Feel free to run around with a DS in your inventory when on -80 SL then, but let me guess, you won't, because you can't afford it? Does that make you a carebear? :rolleyes: If you hadn't noticed I was happy with the patch, I'm not "slagging off" anything apart from the price, and neither are the other people who agree, the price is just way too expensive for PA that's exactly the same as normal PA apart from the texture, and when people cheat their way to hacking a belt like in the screenshot, you can see the point even more clearly.

If you don't understand that people won't wear WOC PA for use in PvP because it's too expensive, which obviously makes it useless content when you realise what Neocron is all about (PvP of course, storyline and other progress is a bit slow), then fair enough. Not everyone has 2.74million to burn on a daily or weekly basis, I'm quite sure you won't either. Is it so hard to understand that it would be more fun to see people shooting you that are actually wearing WOC PA rather than hiding in a safe zone?

Half the people who agree won't even say so, as they think they'll be tarnishing their good name by complaining, so I step in, and straight away, you have the people saying "omg stop bitching", etc. There's a simple reason for it, and it's the reason this thread was started to begin with.

I'll change the tune for a few days unless someone slags me off, so until then, here's a few quotes, some of the few that were actually posted on the forum. Don't think I should paste in-game logs without asking those people though.
it's about time KK added a useable piece of content
having to spend that much money is insane.
Its the difference between 2.5m and no 2.5m so why the hell is it so expensice for a thing you can drop
2.75 mil is a bit out of order.
with a 2.5m pricetag, I can understand that that would be a little extreme ... it might be reasonable to lower the pricetag a bit.
if its droppable, lower the price to around normal PA costs, if someone went to the trouble of getting WoC then it doesnt make any sense to furthermore charge millions for the PA.I'm in favour of what Crazy said.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-06-06, 03:35
Nobody asked for a big pvp bonus, probably just one of those, give us a couple extra points so the grind payed off a little, but was nowehre near required.

So... whats the story on PE PAs?
Indeed no one wants a BIG pvp bonus, but even small bonuses matter! Atleast this is what people here have always said.
And then, the more and more little pluses WoC get the more its required to pvp corrects.
IE: rares werent always needed for pvp.
Exmaple of Asurmen, im a earp PE. I dont plan to go get *coughmacrocough*
WoC. How much should the WoC people acually get? Most of them did nothing more then sit somewhere for a week straight
People can disagree but I dont see people who got woc having done much of deserving awsome items like many of them want.

Rob01m
15-06-06, 04:04
For me, I find fun in all aspects of the game (except bugs of course).

I'll wear mine in PvP, even if it means I'll have to shell out the money for more. To me, gaining the money is fun as well - as is leveling, and tradeskilling, etc. The game isn't only PvP to me.

I'm also looking forward to finding them in others' belts. :D :D :D

If anything, they can be made a little cheaper... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

unreal
15-06-06, 04:20
Most of them did nothing more then sit somewhere for a week straightAt least I'm not one of those, although I know quite a few that did. That screenshot (see attachment) is the result of spending days levelling in the Chaos Caves mostly by myself with a Slasher, and a further few days with the Crossbow. It's ironic how the Crossbow is the perfect Chaos Caving weapon. :p

@Rob: A lot cheaper to be honest. :confused:

Rob01m
15-06-06, 04:22
At least I'm not one of those, although I know quite a few that did. That screenshot (see attachment) is the result of spending days levelling in the Chaos Caves mostly by myself with a Slasher, and a further few days with the Crossbow. It's funny how the Crossbow is the perfect Chaos Caving weapon. :p

Damn nice collection there. :lol:

Well, what would be your ideal price then?

unreal
15-06-06, 04:54
Well, I previously suggested 500k, not including the (241k unbartered apart from having over 100 intelligence) price of the PA3, but that's simply because it's a LOT cheaper than spending 2.5million to convert the PA3 into WOC PA3. I favour what Crazy said about the cost. There shouldn't be one, apart from paying for the normal PA, possibly paying 200k to convert it to WOC PA at the very most.

We who levelled legitimately without macroing our arse off spent the time and effort to actually get the experience for WOC 1, along with the WOC disk, and then paying a further 2million or whatever it was to actually get the level itself. We're now expected to pay a whole 2.5million along with a normal PA3 just so we can get the same PA3 back but with a different texture, which drops just as easily as any other item, and doesn't even repair back to 120/120. Repeating myself and others again but 2.5million is way too extreme for PA like that.

Once you've levelled to WOC and funded constructing of your items, not to mention cabinets to store them in, possibly new apartments, epic items, mc5 implants, TL150 tools, spare PA3's, lots of the other armour to keep as spares, stacks upon stacks of drugs, plus the antishock/damage blockers, then farmed for techs for days/weeks/months on end to create your required PvP weapons; paying 2.74million for basically an identical PA3 is like a slap round the face. What was left of your remaining cash quickly goes down the pan.

The few (J J, boreal and possibly Mighty Max) who are saying the price is fine and they'll buy the WOC PA and run around with it outside a safe zone, to use it in PvP have yet to do so. Until they put their words into action they can keep talking rubbish. I guess they don't have that many friends with WOC who actually bought the PA themselves, as they would have heard what those people had to say about the matter, which brings me onto another similair question.

If the price is fine, why hasn't every person with WOC (and there are masses of them, including the types that Asurmen described) bought it, or used it in PvP?

PS. Thanks Rob :p Anyway, I'm off to get a few hours kip before work, g'night. :)

Edit #1: Read my post and thought I'd add this, so hopefully the same nonesense won't get posted again.

It's not the loss of the item as such that the majority of us care about, it's the loss of time for getting the 2.74million - not all of us can make that amount of cash appear out of thin air as we need it. I really don't care the PA is the same as normal PA, it's merely the price that's the problem. So apart from the the price, it really would be nice to at least let it be repaired back to 120/120, that could be the main bonus the WOC PA gives us, apart from looking rather sexy of course. It obviously won't give us any real advantage over anyone else regarding damage or anything else.

Edit #2: Don't be such a sarcastic biatch Asurmen. :p Bleh I'm off now, for the second time. lol

Asurmen Spec Op
15-06-06, 05:00
At least I'm not one of those, although I know quite a few that did. That screenshot (see attachment) is the result of spending days levelling in the Chaos Caves mostly by myself with a Slasher, and a further few days with the Crossbow. It's ironic how the Crossbow is the perfect Chaos Caving weapon. :p

Well wow.
Youre the first Spy/PE Ive met who didnt macro it
Youved gained some respect in my book

I swamp caved my PE to 160million before I went insane and gave up
Although it was during that swamp caving that I spammed the help channel, ah the memories

jini
15-06-06, 07:00
When everything in this game costs up to i dunno, 1/2 million, how can a single PA cost 5 times that? It's unjustified. In any case, I spent almost 1,5 years to buy a single Camo PA, I guess Ill spent -if ever- more than 5 to get a woc PA lol.

giga191
15-06-06, 09:02
Well wow.
Youre the first Spy/PE Ive met who didnt macro it
Youved gained some respect in my book

I swamp caved my PE to 160million before I went insane and gave up
Although it was during that swamp caving that I spammed the help channel, ah the memories i've only heard of one single guy macroing it

And max, you wouldn't be asking the price to be 2.5mil if they released it costing only 200k or something, you would just go with whatever they said because your a fanboy...

calim
15-06-06, 09:53
Anyway, WoC is expensive enough in terms of leveling time. I have played NC for 2 years, i have four characters from differents classes and the higher XP level i have on them is 100M dex on the spy. 2 years ! :)
When i see how it's boring to level sometimes, i think that all WoC skilled players on Terra are totally mad, ill O_o
So before saying WoC PA's are too expensive, i would say very shortly: it's too expensive in terms of energy and nerves (even if you are exploiting) ;=)

Mighty Max
15-06-06, 10:03
you would just go with whatever they said because your a fanboy...

Is that the way you prove your point now?
Maybe i'm just brave enough to stand my very own opinion?

You got it in your sig:
There has to be another solution than turning Neocron into Carebear's paradise.

So why this carebearish wish?

giga191
15-06-06, 12:28
Is that the way you prove your point now?
Maybe i'm just brave enough to stand my very own opinion?

You got it in your sig:

So why this carebearish wish? Your just taking KK's opinion, you would have agreed with them whatever the price. Not even snowcrash offered a good reason for the price. The only carebearish this here is adding an item that won't be used for anything other than RP, and will very rarely get used for PvP.

Mighty Max
15-06-06, 12:47
you would have agreed with them whatever the price.
Indeed, it would have been with them at an even higher price and other effort. If you'd followed my thoughts on easyness in this game you would have found out that my view on these things are much stronger then the KKs line. You allready get all the sugar blown into the asses ingame.

Leveling is ... done in no time
Credits are .... gained in no time
WoC is ... gained in no time (OMG someone cried that he needed 5 hours to get a disc!)

In the end, only the (hated but bloved) treatmills and the pvp lets ppl stay in a game to advance. And tbh the history of NC has shown that PvP alone does not do the job.

The only carebearish this here is adding an item that won't be used for anything other than RP, and will very rarely get used for PvP.

The carebearish is that you either want this be safe for use or easy replaceable because you FEAR the loss.
And why for god's sake do you need reasons to wear it in PvP? It's not PvP related in any kind.

Please tell me what does it change if my opinion was as you mentioned really fanboyish and not my real thought about those things? So please stop that fanboy shouting. Just deal with an opinion thats different to yours.

John Wu
15-06-06, 12:50
I would like to see it used in PvP. the price discourages its use. its quite easy.

most people dont even use camo pa coz it costs twice as much as normal, and we're only talking about 500k without barter.

make it something special, make it expensive, sure. but not 10 times as much as a normal PA.

SorkZmok
15-06-06, 12:52
So why this carebearish wish?Theres a huge difference between wanting rules changed to get away from all the carebear stuff in this game and ridiculous prices for an item that in the end no one will ever use in pvp.

giga191
15-06-06, 12:53
WoC is ... gained in no time (OMG someone cried that he needed 5 hours to get a disc!)

The carebearish is that you either want this be safe for use or easy replaceable because you FEAR the loss.
And why for god's sake do you need reasons to wear it in PvP? It's not PvP related in any kind. Getting the 4 woc disks that i've gotten took an average of 20 hours each. Lvling a PE to WoC 1 is also no easy task.

So what does it take to lose tha PA? A bug, FRE or APU PPU team ganking you in 5 seconds.

Mighty Max
15-06-06, 12:54
for an item that in the end no one will ever use in pvp.

And thats the point. Who sais its a PvP item?

The posters here has listened several points that clearly hints to the PA be not a PvP item. Not a single point (beside its itemclass: Armor) hints on a use as PvP Element.

giga191
15-06-06, 13:00
I'm just thinking why a company on the verge of losing the last of it's customers is spending time creating items that very few people will use

John Wu
15-06-06, 13:00
Who sais its a PvP item?
the sole purpose of power armor is to support your fighting capabilities. so I guess that means its for PvP ;)

giga191
15-06-06, 13:05
the sole purpose of power armor is to support your fighting capabilities. so I guess that means its for PvP ;) lol, i also find it weird that it gives bonus to a combat skill if it's none pvp

it should be our opinion that matters not what KK think. I mean, we're the only reason why KK employees have something to eat.

calim
15-06-06, 13:23
thank you for reading me lol

pabz
15-06-06, 13:23
Not enough thought is being put into new content.

Things like the terminator quad should actualy be usedfull and used, not as it is now, where nobody ever uses it.
Things that get put ingame and never used are wasted time for the coders and graphics departement.

SnowCrash
15-06-06, 13:26
lol, i also find it weird that it gives bonus to a combat skill if it's none pvp

it should be our opinion that matters not what KK think. I mean, we're the only reason why KK employees have something to eat.

I think you seriously got something wrong there. We are still the developer of this game and the final decisions about what happens is on our side. Of course we make our decisions based on the feedback of the community.

And just to remind you. You are paying your monthly subscription fee for the service we are offering, which not only includes the payment of the employees. Not just to keep us from starving to death...

giga191
15-06-06, 13:29
I just don't want KK to go bankrupt, and I rather enjoy having other players in the NC world other than just me.

Mighty Max
15-06-06, 13:37
the sole purpose of power armor is to support your fighting capabilities. so I guess that means its for PvP ;)

This has obviuosly errors:
- fighting is not neccesarily PvP (PvM,RP)
- if the only purpose of PA would be the fighting, it would be uni-color like the other. And Snow wouldn't have made his comment

Like uniforms, the historic purpose is not the purpose of every uniform:
In fight you wouldn't wear such an uniform edit see below (source Wikipedia) would you?

:edit: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Csa8x10.jpg for this board ignoring the imagetag due to its linkname

unreal
15-06-06, 13:38
We are still the developer of this game and the final decisions about what happens is on our side. Of course we make our decisions based on the feedback of the community.So what do you think about the current feedback of the WOC PA? 95% of us think 2.74million is way too expensive, and it definitely shouldn't just be a "uniform" to wear on special occasions (aka, sitting on your arse in TechHaven). Most of us play this game to shoot each other, playing along with the storyline isn't really that interesting, because the storyline progresses slower than it takes a Snail to move 10 meters. When PvP related things get added (Terminator Quad, and now this WOC PA), they shouldn't be what I mention below.
And just to remind you. You are paying your monthly subscription fee for the service we are offeringSo I guess that means you all think it's currently fine? That's why the population is decreasing and decreasing, you add content, but make it too hard to repair, or just plain pathetic (in the case of the Terminator Quad), or in this case, too expensive, so they won't be used. Useless content.

As giga mentioned, I'd rather see other people logged in to Neocron as well, we all wouldn't be here complaining otherwise. This was a good opportunity to let us have a bit of extra fun, but at present, it's caused more of an annoyance than anything else.

Edit: Another person said this a while ago in TechHaven when a newbie asked about it, and said it was fine to paste it here. :p

06-15-2006 11:13:48 > Klashneckoff : oo it's pa3 ?
06-15-2006 11:14:20 > Cornix : yeh it costs 2.5mill + a normal pa3
06-15-2006 11:14:28 > Cornix : total bs tbh
06-15-2006 11:14:35 > Klashneckoff : beh
06-15-2006 11:14:40 > Klashneckoff : you're right

giga191
15-06-06, 13:52
[ edited ]

SnowCrash
15-06-06, 14:04
I just don't want KK to go bankrupt, and I rather enjoy having other players in the NC world other than just me.

So we have something in common. We are still standing fully behind Neocron 2 and do what we can to improve the gameplay for everyone.

So what do you think about the current feedback of the WOC PA? 95% of us think 2.74million is way too expensive, and it definitely shouldn't just be a "uniform" to wear on special occasions (aka, sitting on your arse in TechHaven). Most of us play this game to shoot each other, playing along with the storyline isn't really that interesting, because the storyline progresses slower than it takes a Snail to move 10 meters. When PvP related things get added (Terminator Quad, and now this WOC PA), they shouldn't be what I mention below.So I guess that means you all think it's currently fine? That's why the population is decreasing and decreasing, you add content, but make it too hard to repair, or just plain pathetic (in the case of the Terminator Quad), or in this case, too expensive, so they won't be used. Useless content.

At the current point of the balancing project it makes absolutely no sense to bring in any PvP relevant items as all items are being reviewed for the final balancing steps.

And please be careful with giving percentages. I see some players argueing about the price of the PA and in my view I see more people who are doing fine with it. But I would not give any percentages about who is thinking what.

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 14:25
Hey, I can't afford a Ferrari either. If I could, I probably wouldn't want it...

N

Skusty
15-06-06, 14:27
Same here, if i could afford a Ferrari, i would't buy it, i would buy a Scania since i got more interests in Lorries and, you'll loose your drivers license easy on those Ferraris. :p

unreal
15-06-06, 14:31
I see some players argueing about the price of the PA and in my view I see more people who are doing fine with it.Do you play on Mars and not Terra? And do you have your eyes open or are you taking a blind eye to those who respond negatively about the price? 95% won't be deadly accurate on the forum, but it won't be far off. It'll be quite accurate when you include people who gave feedback about it on Terra. I don't play on Mars but I would assume most of them are super rich.

Since that other person I showed this morning, I went to Jankins to get my newbie PE poked up, and here's what was said.

06-15-2006 13:07:50 > i'm at jankins UG, can't get in though
06-15-2006 13:08:09 > DIRECT> John Gotti : ah im not in the UG, im in the cave ;)
06-15-2006 13:08:13 > ah
06-15-2006 13:08:16 > same as yesterday then
06-15-2006 13:08:26 > DIRECT> John Gotti : hehe
06-15-2006 13:08:58 > DIRECT> John Gotti : only need 2mil dex xp for woc :P
06-15-2006 13:09:02 > heh
06-15-2006 13:10:37 > what do you think of the WOC PA?
06-15-2006 13:10:49 > DIRECT> John Gotti : hmm well... lol
06-15-2006 13:11:07 > DIRECT> John Gotti : nah its okay.. NOT gonna use it in pvp though
06-15-2006 13:11:20 > why not?
06-15-2006 13:11:40 > DIRECT> John Gotti : dont wonna drop a 2.5mil PA in a belt ;)
06-15-2006 13:11:44 > You already have one implant of that type installed
06-15-2006 13:11:54 > so you think it's too expensive as well?
06-15-2006 13:12:00 > ah oops
06-15-2006 13:12:01 > DIRECT> John Gotti : YES! lol
06-15-2006 13:12:06 > forgot to rip out my old implants lol
Adding PA that you can't hardly use in PvP because it's extremely expensive is rediculous. So bollocks to it. Reakktor know best as usual I guess. Reakktor 1 - Community 0.

Edit:
At the current point of the balancing project it makes absolutely no sense to bring in any PvP relevant items as all items are being reviewed for the final balancing steps.If the stats were given those identical to current PA, why is it so hard to make it usable (in regards to cost) the way things are at the moment? You don't need to wait for balancing to do that. If it wasn't meant to be used in PvP, why not just give it no stats at all, like the Babesuit?

John Wu
15-06-06, 14:37
This has obviuosly errors:
- fighting is not neccesarily PvP (PvM,RP)
- if the only purpose of PA would be the fighting, it would be uni-color like the other. And Snow wouldn't have made his comment
no it doesnt have errors.

you said its not a PvP item - but fighting can be PvP. so the PA is a PvP item, as well as a PvM item. I didnt say its not for PvM.

and it doesnt matter if there are other purposes for the PA - one is fighting, which you denied.

anyway, if KK wants WoC PA only be used in plaza1, CC, TH and the like - fine with me.

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 14:44
Life sucks when you can't afford stuff. It makes you want to post whiny strops on internet forums (and then edit it out afterwards). Why don't you do what we Mancs do in such situations? Steal one.

Of course if you do see someone fighting with a WoC PA on you'll know that they:

1) Have more money than you do, and
2) Have a bigger penis than you.

N

Mighty Max
15-06-06, 14:48
Hmm somehow i miss the point in the console lines you posted.

John Gotti will not use it in PvP because PvP its too expensive. There is nothing that hints if he will get or not get and wear the PA on other occasions.

And even if. up from which value its useless? If only 30,20,10,5% will wear it from time to time?

And again. Value dropped in a belt is not gone down the drain.

you said its not a PvP item - but fighting can be PvP. so the PA is a PvP item, as well as a PvM item. I didnt say its not for PvM.

The "sole purpos" you put in there have made me read it wrong. Sorry

But thats the last word from me in this thread, we are only going in circles here.
Peaople seem to be jealous that someone else got a toy and which obviously doen't fit these ppl playstyle.

John Wu
15-06-06, 14:51
maybe they're not jealous, but want to see one of the few new items we get each year put to better use :rolleyes:

Nidhogg, way to go .. great way of dealing with concerns of your customers. you must have a really big penis.

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 14:56
maybe they're not jealous, but want to see one of the few new items we get each year put to better use :rolleyes:

Nidhogg, way to go .. great way of dealing with concerns of your customers. you must have a really big penis.
You said it.

It's funny, because that's just what I said to the Ferrari dealer.

N

unreal
15-06-06, 14:58
It's not a whiny strop, I'm posting what most of the other people don't want to post or haven't posted, and all I edited out of my last post was "Getting owned in PlanetSide is fun :)" to replace it with a sensible question, since it would have probably been edited for "trolling" or some nonesense.

@Mighty Max: Like John Wu, I don't see where Jealousy comes into it and agree with him completely. This entire thread is about how it can't be used for PvP [ edited ] Everyone who has WOC will eventually buy it, but they won't be able to use it in any REAL sense, and that is, using it in PvP.

Like John Wu, I want to see the item used rather than stored away and reserved for when we idle in TechHaven. Why is it so hard to understand? I know there's a language barrier, but fucking hell fire.

SnowCrash
15-06-06, 15:07
It can be used if you have the amount of money to buy it. Of course you are having the danger of losing it. If you don't want to live with this danger, simply do not buy it. There is no special bonus or whatever on this PA which forces you to have one or to use one.

At the current time its simply a symbolic item for people who can afford it and who want to show others that they are cool WoC users. Nothing more, nothing less..

John Wu
15-06-06, 15:09
You said it.

It's funny, because that's just what the Ferrari dealer said to me.

N
in germany we dont wave our dicks around when buying cars .. but different countries, different cultures I guess.

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 15:13
I was confused by that for a second but then I realised that I'd made a mistake on my earlier post (now corrected).

N

John Wu
15-06-06, 15:14
so you actually have a small penis?

aKe`cj
15-06-06, 15:24
so you actually have a small penis?

Look .. I dont mind your being overly interested in Nid's private parts - you might want to keep it with PMs tho .. :wtf:

John Wu
15-06-06, 15:26
He started the penis topic. but anyway, I rest my case.

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 15:27
Heh, yeah. Much as I'd love to continue this sparkling discussion, my penis isn't the subject of this thread, no matter how interested in it you might be. :p

N

John Wu
15-06-06, 15:28
edit: whatever.

giga191
15-06-06, 16:25
[ edited ]

jini
15-06-06, 17:36
I think you seriously got something wrong there. We are still the developer of this game and the final decisions about what happens is on our side. Of course we make our decisions based on the feedback of the community.

And just to remind you. You are paying your monthly subscription fee for the service we are offering, which not only includes the payment of the employees. Not just to keep us from starving to death...
Unfortunately Snowcrash, both Giga and I bet some 95% of the whole community believes at the same mistake. And this mistake is done guys, because YOU have made it happen. It's actually the first time I'm reading someone stating the obvious which is, that you govern neocron. However,
Even if this is true, community can really give you positive or negative feedback and we all understand that also in a sence community drives things simply because otherwise people will leave. Giga is also right in that its a two way interaction, since your jobs depend on your clients, as in everyones business with very little exvception, which i hope they dont apply for kk ;)

Rookie-Doo
15-06-06, 18:26
Is the "orange" Spy-WoC-PA available yet?

btw: The PE-WoC-PA is the kewlest one... nice work!

Trace, here's the best shot of our photo-session. :angel:

boreal
15-06-06, 18:52
lol let split that in 2

1. who think they should or shouldn't drop

2. who think they are too expencive

1. YEA they are suppose to drop because now that imp, jonh item and epic can't be drop we still need something to loot when we PvP someone

2. the one sho say they are too expencive are the one who can easyly pay like 100 of them..... i still got the money for buying one and i don't have WoC (think of it i will get it this weekend)

like spermy act and talk he is just a little kid, let him play whit himself when watching his sister and still annoying us on the forum... or just shoot him im sure the world will be a better one whitout a dick like him here.

the only one here i can hear BITCHING is the one who can buy it. im soloing many time, sometime whit my bro, got only 5 miilll right now on me but hell i will buy one.... so stop complaning god damnit... it because of player who don't stop winning about shit like that that game becaume boring these day... im not even able to do RESS mission in MB HQ since any stupid PK come and kill me......so just stop would you please i won't say anymore anything if you stop complaning each time something happen !!!!

Skusty
15-06-06, 19:03
If they don't drop they can cost 2.5...but make them non drop.

Asurmen Spec Op
15-06-06, 19:35

You dont need money to live anyway, you eat fanboys :D

and honestly I think KK shouldnt give WoC to much because, to be perfectly honest 90% atleast of PEs/Spys just macro it.
Tanks just sit in a rhino bored to death.
monks do that monk stuff they do....

cRazy-
15-06-06, 19:47
I just think its another piece of development and another piece of minor content gone to waste, KK spent time on it but its bearly going to be used.

Tbh I'd prefer not to use it even if I had the money, from my point of view if I saw a PE or any other player with WoC PA on he would be my priority to try and kill and if he died his belt would be the first one hacked, guarenteed.

So in this situation I definatly see a tougher time ahead for WoC PA users.

giga191
15-06-06, 20:12
[ edited ]

unreal
15-06-06, 20:17
[ edited ]

boreal
15-06-06, 20:17
like i say before, ether your the side of **i got the money but i think i will spend somewhere else (who is just fine)** or your the other side who is again bitching that **yea i got it but i won't weak it ...KK your dum**** and so on

please think about it.... it a WoC item to show that your strong... so that mean if you got it

1. you have achieve 260 mill XP (that already a good start)
2. you have 2.5 mill sitting in your pocket (that even niccer)

so stop complaning GODDAMNIT, you have it, don't want to weart... so STFU AND GO PLAY FFS.

if we make it no-drop

you know what will happen

NOOB WILL GET ******** BY WoC STUPID GUY WHO WANNA SHOW HOW DICK THEY CAN BE......

no seriously... how the fuck you wanna have fun when you know that more that 50 % of your item can't be drop in your belt.... you will just do PvP since you know that nothing valuable can drop

so STFU and go away, let it droppable since it already a mess when it not-dropable (too much item you can't drop -_-)

giga191
15-06-06, 20:19
So is gold WoC PA going to be a droppable item?

jini
15-06-06, 20:25
Boreal I can accept the fact that you cant speak English fluently, but half of what you say is fuck, fucked, ass or shut up ...

Asurmen Spec Op
15-06-06, 20:51
Life sucks when you can't afford stuff. It makes you want to post whiny strops on internet forums (and then edit it out afterwards). Why don't you do what we Mancs do in such situations? Steal one.

Of course if you do see someone fighting with a WoC PA on you'll know that they:

1) Have more money than you do, and
2) Have a bigger penis than you.

N
Sad part is, niddy is exactly right.
Either A) Theyre rich or
B) Theyve got the balls to fight in it

[ edited ]

Bredahl
15-06-06, 22:14
[ edited ]

Well im John Gotti (spy btw) and [ edited ] now that i have the xp for it (and when i get a damn disk) im probably gonna get the WoC PA, but its gonna stay in the gogo 99% of the time, why the hell use a PA that cost 10 times the price of a normal PA when you probably gonna loose it in a belt in like 10mins?

btw i die alot, and i like it! :D

RusSki
15-06-06, 22:59
[ edited ]

That says something about the ppl u knew and the methods they used to play the game.

I leveled my pe the correct way.
It just takes a tiny bit of commitment. Was actually quite quick when you know where, when and how to level.

Dribble Joy
15-06-06, 23:20
but its gonna stay in the gogo 99% of the time, why the hell use a PA that cost 10 times the price of a normal PA when you probably gonna loose it in a belt in like 10mins?
The intention is that this is not you would use on a regular basis if there's a risk you would loose it. It's a status symbol, if you use it outside of a safe or battle zone then you are saying either you are very rich or very confident in your abilities.
A bit like how I use my camo PA, it sits in the gogu when I'm out hunting or doing stuff that requires me to go into unsafe areas. For NF, OPs, RP and TH/tradeskilling, out it comes.

Bredahl
16-06-06, 01:51
i was just looking forward to run around PKing ppl while dancing in my flashy WoC PA.
and as i said i die alot, so that would not be a good way to use it ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
16-06-06, 04:59
That says something about the ppl u knew and the methods they used to play the game.

I leveled my pe the correct way.
It just takes a tiny bit of commitment. Was actually quite quick when you know where, when and how to level.
Or the fact that I speak to WoC PEs?
Im going to be honest Russki, I liked ya and Im glad you acually did it. But most of those peolpe who had it about 3 months ago? [ edited ]

jini
16-06-06, 05:55
Asurmen, mate go: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134395&page=2 and follow my recommendations. It's just 3 days work for you, 2 of which is the loming back and forth

Asurmen Spec Op
16-06-06, 07:20
Asurmen, mate go: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134395&page=2 and follow my recommendations. It's just 3 days work for you, 2 of which is the loming back and forth
I quit caring about woc, earp > xbow

calim
16-06-06, 09:31
At the current time its simply a symbolic item for people who can afford it and who want to show others that they are cool WoC users. Nothing more, nothing less..

That's a lot of money for a ""symbolic"" item, isn't it ?
No, i don't agree. A symbolic item isn't earned with money , you get these objects because you acheived a mission or get a special status. I just can't agree with you on that point. I just don't understand why there is a money question for that item, as i don't understand why you need money to get WoC status (fro m the temple) in addition of BIG efforts you need to get 260M XP and a ceres disc - maybe it's only "the game".

SorkZmok
16-06-06, 09:48
Shit i look so good in that PA. :lol:

And i'm actually gonna wear it in PVP. I give a shit about losing it as long as i got the money for a spare one.

Seeing that i can't even remember the last time i actually dropped my PA 3 i should be fine.

Style > Money tbh

Yet i still think the price should be lowered to somewhere about 1 mil at least.

calim
16-06-06, 09:51
as i said, if it's symbolic, it should be lowered to 100k for example. And give us a real interesting mission to earn it

jini
16-06-06, 11:00
I quit caring about woc, earp > xbow
well maybe yes, but what about the BatSuit? you need one don't you? And since you need WoC for it, well get a crossbow after it lol :angel:

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 11:13
Any more discussion of exploits on this thread will result in its closure and action taken against the poster.

N

RusSki
16-06-06, 14:41
Or the fact that I speak to WoC PEs?
Im going to be honest Russki, I liked ya and Im glad you acually did it. But most of those peolpe who had it about 3 months ago? [ edited ]

U liked me? Well atleast someone has.

Tho i dont really remember playing with you. But hey i've always been clanless so nothing really sticks in my memory.

oh and i was one of those ppl who had it about 4 months ago.

Someones gotta speak up for the 10%

SorkZmok
18-06-06, 18:17
Haha, i just tried to pvp with that WOC PA. It's like a huge fucking sign above my head saying "KILL ME FIRST!". Everyone is after me.

But i'm sexy in it. :lol:

Skusty
18-06-06, 18:58
lol, Sexy but you become a target. :p

SorkZmok
18-06-06, 20:33
lol, Sexy but you become a target. :p
Fair trade i say. :lol:

Was pretty funny, was about 7 people or so fighting at the mb. Pretty equal doy vs nc. Then i went out and all the doy guys instantly started chasing me. :D

giga191
19-06-06, 00:14
We want to keep it difficult to get your hands on a gold version but there will be enough events where you can obtain one of it. More information about this when the patch goes retail. And no, I do not have a ETA yet. ;) quick quick quick, make the event :p

And not at some obscure time like 2am...

jini
19-06-06, 06:48
I gotta admit, even though it shouldn't have been like this, that -maybe- they (KK) are right for big price tags on WoC pas. Which also shows, that we all need to ease up a bit and let them do their job

giga191
19-06-06, 10:09
Under what circumstances would a uniform cost more than your gun? :D

Made if i bought a BB gun, and ******************s old uniform on ebay :lol: