PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 Retail Patch #157 patch notes 13/06/2006

SnowCrash
13-06-06, 13:04
Bug fixing

fixed broken item drop of Wisdom of Ceres Discs. The Wisdom of Ceres Mechanic labs will therefor being re-opened
fixed problem where NPCs despawned when being hit by single PSI-spells
fixed undamagable turrets. Turrets may be used again in Outpost fights
lowered skillevel of Anarchy Breed Harasser and Agressor from 85 to 60
fixed problems with german version of "Hunt for Crossbow" Quest
fixed wrong location description in Black Dragon Epic
fixed problems with "Call of the Hurlerking" Quest
fixed problems with Next Epic Mission #4
fixed problem with faction medals that turned into City Admin faction medals after being removed from the apartment wall
fixed problems with TL-10 heal modulesGame content

modified faction relations for the City Merc faction. CM is now friendly to Tangent Technologies and Tsunami Syndicate. Enemy to Diamond Real Estate and Black Dragon. More information about the story background can be obtained from our webzines Neocronicle News and Voice of the Resistance.
added 3 hacknet weapon mods sold by vendors, less powerful than Phoenix mods
added quest for obtaining the new Wisdom of Ceres Power Armors. Visit the Wisdom of Ceres Temple for more information
added two new versions of the DoY Hover Carrier with new textures. These vehicle are being used for in-game events.
added new type of Twilight Guardian guards. These Special Forces guards are being used for in-game events
added filter in the CityCom clan search (name and faction)
the world cup fever has reached Neocron. Look around the gameworld over the coming days ;)This patch also contains several exploit fixes which will not be mentioned explicitly for security reasons.

cRazy-
13-06-06, 13:06
woo patch

I dunno what kinda fix the tl10 heal entails but I'm definatly in favour of the CM faction changes.

Good stuff

silent000
13-06-06, 13:07
cheese!

pabz
13-06-06, 13:09
Not bad :angel:

Skusty
13-06-06, 13:11
Aww, i can't visit MB now.

Otherwise good.

Necpock
13-06-06, 13:12
<3 tl10 fixed :D

tie4
13-06-06, 13:13
Doh my city mercs toon is in the dre hq lol.

Fega
13-06-06, 13:14
Sweet stuff, :D

giga191
13-06-06, 13:17
fixed problem where NPCs despawned when being hit by single PSI-spells :) that was quick
patch notes look very good, assuming that there are no bugs added.

Q: has the dmg of the anarchy breed been lowered too?

CHA0S
13-06-06, 13:19
Doh my city mercs toon is in the dre hq lol.

pwned!!!! hehe

Wonder how many ppl will start whining cuz MB is the hotspot to gain sl / fs
now that (i assume) 2 factions can't enter :\

SnowCrash
13-06-06, 13:28
:) that was quick
[/list]patch notes look very good, assuming that there are no bugs added.

Q: has the dmg of the anarchy breed been lowered too?

By lowering the skill level the strength will be adjusted respectively too, yes.

LiL T
13-06-06, 13:28
modified faction relations for the City Merc faction. CM is now friendly to Tangent Technologies and Tsunami Syndicate. Enemy to Diamond Real Estate and Black Dragon. More information about the story background can be obtained from our webzines Neocronicle News and Voice of the Resistance.
SEX!!

More people that are red too me ^_^

Does this mean that if CM's enter neocron they can fight DRE :p ?

If so there could be some cool fighting and new clans starting up.

/edit I hope i did not logout at MB O_o

CMaster
13-06-06, 13:29
Some important bugfixes there (hope they work) although I notice no comment on Apparition loot.
As for the new stuff - hopefully they'll be enough events for us to actually see all this stuff. The new mercs relations sound well, a touch random in all honesty.

pabz
13-06-06, 13:30
* fixed problems with TL-10 heal spells

What have you done to this by the way?/ How have you fixed this?

LiL T
13-06-06, 13:32
* fixed problems with TL-10 heal spells

What have you done to this by the way?

Stopped apu hybrid monks and PE's fully healing up after a few seconds hopefully, back to medpack chomping.

Mr Kot
13-06-06, 13:35
I notice no comment on Apparition loot.From past experience when they tweak loot drops, the apparition will probably drop S.T.O.R.M. lasers now :p

Can't wait to farm the Ceres labs again :) any TFC up for that tonight?

Brammers
13-06-06, 13:36
added two new versions of the DoY Hover Carrier with new textures. These vehicle are being used for in-game events.

Dam... 2 new vehicles come along, and I can't sell them. :(

Now the 5 hour wait to leave work to play the new patch!

Nidhogg
13-06-06, 13:37
The new mercs relations sound well, a touch random in all honesty.
Check out the magazines for the reasons...

N

/edit - altered to remove confusion.

aouthere
13-06-06, 13:41
so what happen to the ion shotguns and ion cannons for tanks any mods and ammo for these weapons be sexy to see them in game

CHA0S
13-06-06, 13:42
will guards be shootin' DRE and BD on-sight? or they be able to roam freely within mb? if someone be kind to answer :lol:

SnowCrash
13-06-06, 13:44
...The new mercs relations sound well, a touch random in all honesty.

These changes have been thought out quite well by our event & content team and our storywriters. They are definately not just random. Watch the webzines for more background information.

Mr Kot
13-06-06, 13:46
so what happen to the ion shotguns and ion cannons for tanks any mods and ammo for these weapons be sexy to see them in game
dude, they've been around for ages. They use regular shotgun shells, either modded or unmodded.

CHA0S
13-06-06, 13:47
Now the 5 hour wait to leave work to play the new patch!

i got an 8 hour wait :mad:
work soon 8|

LiL T
13-06-06, 13:49
Just read on why the CM's are enemy to DRE and it looks non random and well thought out. The blackdragon I have not seen a story for it but I think it might have something to do with the CM's now being allied (green) to Tsunami Syndicate :)

aKe`cj
13-06-06, 13:53
Just read on why the CM's are enemy to DRE and it looks non random and well thought out. The blackdragon I have not seen a story for it but I think it might have something to do with the CM's now being allied (green) to Tsunami Syndicate :)

The hostility between BD and CM is all but new to the story .. have a close look at the official CM history - the CM guards always refered to BDs as scum anyway (at least in the german dialogs). I havent seen any recent incident/news pointing to the new BD/CM F6 change either tho'.

giga191
13-06-06, 14:01
they made CM enemies to BD because LPN keeps attacking fetish :)

COLD
13-06-06, 14:01
i got an 8 hour wait :mad:
work soon 8|

Hell, I just got to work and have to put in a 10 hour shift before I can get home to check this shit out. I'll be checking the discussions, hoping that new cans of worms haven't been opened. :lol:

calim
13-06-06, 14:04
What's happen with TL10 heal ?

CHA0S
13-06-06, 14:04
Worms?

They'll be Anaconda's :lol:

John Bushido
13-06-06, 14:05

yeah tell us pls

Pantho
13-06-06, 14:06
Looks good, was anything changed to TL3 Heal? Because surly that needed a little boost tbh. Anyways i get hom in 1-2 hours :D

But looks good? Is the server online yet, coz no bug reports coming out like the last few patches

Brammers
13-06-06, 14:06
yeah tell us pls

Read the patch notes at the top of the page!

Pantho
13-06-06, 14:14
Read the patch notes at the top of the page!

It just says Fixed :)

SorkZmok
13-06-06, 14:15
I hope they nerf that damn TL 10 heal to shit. Sick of all those PEs and APU hybrids. :lol:

And my BD PE is standing somewhere inside the MB. And there's no way for me to get home and move him. Damn.

Love the CM changes though. Actually, the whole list looks quite good, also the anarchy breed changes are nice. I might have a chance to solo those now. And that would be amazing. :)

Pantho
13-06-06, 14:17
Fix the TL3 Heals, and put a dam Class Req, on all joins stuff

aouthere
13-06-06, 14:17
Damn i was hoping for special ion based ammo to match the xbow in damage type. that would be fun for a hybrid tank or pe to use for those of us none woc pe's

pabz
13-06-06, 14:19
No point fixing tl3 if there removing it soon

Pantho
13-06-06, 14:26
No point fixing tl3 if there removing it soon

really? i now there removing PSI from Tanks, but what of Spy;s, and Pe;'s nothing has been said for certain of there healing powas

CMaster
13-06-06, 14:27
Damn i was hoping for special ion based ammo to match the xbow in damage type. that would be fun for a hybrid tank or pe to use for those of us none woc pe's

It was already stated that that wouldn't happen. Although when these guns were first put in the game (about 18 months ago) they did take a special ammo.

SnowCrash
13-06-06, 14:28

They have been adjusted to the values Dirus has suggested some time ago.

DARK_Overfiend
13-06-06, 15:06
Finally our OP Turrets , can be properly defended when were not on, and stop some of those Ninja'ing Clan OPs

giga191
13-06-06, 15:10
just takes one patch to bring back loads of inactive people :lol:

unreal
13-06-06, 15:20
Buahaha, I'm the first one to reach the temple and get the PA, even though Sinesp kept killing the NPC to stop people from completing it. :p I have to say it wasn't much of a quest though, but having said that, it would have been a bit of a quest if you didn't have the money or PA required, and if an APU/PPU team camped the hell out of it. :p

Good patch overall, although, I think the same as Cmaster, the new CM relations are ... kind of random.

PS. Hoder is sexy.

aKe`cj
13-06-06, 15:24
yuk .. dont tell me the textures are always that shi..err blurred on your comp :eek:

gamefreak
13-06-06, 15:41
is xbow still useable for PEs ?

Kierz
13-06-06, 15:50
bah, so there's no PA for str woc pe's then..

giga191
13-06-06, 15:53
yuk .. dont tell me the textures are always that shi..err blurred on your comp :eek: probably depends on which version of dx you run, what performance/quality settings your graphic settings are on and where he has set the ingame detail bar.

EDIT: and i just realised that CM guards are gonna ******** me now, no more lame zone line whoring for me :lol:

unreal
13-06-06, 16:17
yuk .. dont tell me the textures are always that shi..err blurred on your comp :eek:Of course not, lowered the image quality so they don't have a sumo filesize. :p

RogerRamjet
13-06-06, 16:34
HAHAHHAA FETISH CAN FINALLY KILL TOILET DUCK OVER AND OVER HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA.

Thats my comment on this patch.

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 16:40
EDIT: and i just realised that CM guards are gonna ******** me now, no more lame zone line whoring for me :lol:
Ah the wonders of real guards, not para spamming 'death machines' :p.

unreal
13-06-06, 16:43
lol Roger, good point, sexy.

Skusty
13-06-06, 16:54
Is the Xbow Boosted up since it did more dmg to me today than it did a few days ago. o_O

giga191
13-06-06, 17:00
Not necesarily a bug, but the new power armors drop in belts and loose condition when repaired. I'm sure you don't want to have added another pieces of useless content because no one will wear a 2.5 mil power armor that drops in belts.

There also seems to hardly be any difference to before with tl10 heal (at least not to both heals).

Pantho
13-06-06, 17:02
bit ot, but man, Go KK. normally we find a hundred bugs.... Cant find a new one atm

aKe`cj
13-06-06, 17:07
bit ot, but man, Go KK. normally we find a hundred bugs.... Cant find a new one atm

I second that ... *thumbsup* to the QA department http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif
Patch #157 appears to be very solid so far...

CMaster
13-06-06, 17:08
Erm, why did the bugs thread get merged with the discussion\notes thread?

unreal
13-06-06, 17:10
There also seems to hardly be any difference to before with tl10 heal (at least not to both heals).For my Spy it's about 45% worse, heals 4-5 units a second compared to 8-9 before the modification.

I haven't tested the WOC PA dropping in a belt/condition loss myself so I'll take your word for it, but fuck me. What a waste of 2.5million + a normal Spy PA3 if that happens. I noticed you could speak to the NPC again and get another which suggested it dropped, so which bright spark is responsible for deciding that? I'm definitely not going to run around with a 2.74million PA that drops in my belt, I'm poor enough now as it is.

John Bushido
13-06-06, 17:22
For my Spy it's about 45% worse, heals 4-5 units a second compared to 8-9 before the modification.

I haven't tested the WOC PA dropping in a belt/condition loss myself so I'll take your word for it, but fuck me. What a waste of 2.5million + a normal Spy PA3 if that happens. I noticed you could speak to the NPC again and get another which suggested it dropped, so which bright spark is responsible for deciding that? I'm definitely not going to run around with a 2.74million PA that drops in my belt, I'm poor enough now as it is.

the run for the pa is repeatable, a gm postet this in german section

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 17:25
Don't both PvPing or running about in non warzones with it on then. It's mainly a status symbol, so wear it in save zones and to events.

giga191
13-06-06, 17:26
For my Spy it's about 45% worse, heals 4-5 units a second compared to 8-9 before the modification.

It's 4-5 when all hitboxes are nearly healed.

I think I just found another bug: My tl10 heal heals faster when more body parts are dmged, this bug was supposedly fixed a long time ago (I tested this with the healer proffession tl10 heal, not the preacher one).

It is healing at 9 per tick with dmged body parts, but only 5 when I'm nearly full health.

unreal
13-06-06, 17:33
Yeah good point, should have checked that too, didn't want to ruin my 120/120 WOC PA though. *sticks in the goguardian until they change it to how it SHOULD be* :p

aouthere
13-06-06, 17:36
fist tank on terra with the woc pa ftw :cool: sexy as hell

John Doe
13-06-06, 18:01
Only the hp/tick was changed - not the functionality. We will look at these items (and their funtionality) during the balancing project.

Kierz
13-06-06, 18:15
fist tank on terra with the woc pa ftw :cool: sexy as hellhow did you work that one out.. I know unrael was the first with spy woc pa, and I got my tank woc pa shortly after, you mighta beat me but I saw you coming back from the woc temple about 2 hours after I got it =p
not that it matters anyway it sux till they remove the 115 req and maybe non-dropable

aKe`cj
13-06-06, 18:19
The tankeh PA looks the best of the ones I've seen so far. Still need to spot someone with a monk-pa tho' :)

Brammers
13-06-06, 18:22
The tankeh PA looks the best of the ones I've seen so far. Still need to spot someone with a monk-pa tho' :)

I'll get my sexy monk to show you her's later for you. ;)

Tratos
13-06-06, 18:50
Guess i'll install Neocron again after my reformat now ;).

Nice to see no one has posted any ridiculous bugs... or any for that matter, well done KK :).

unreal
13-06-06, 20:10
The tankeh PA looks the best of the ones I've seen so far. Still need to spot someone with a monk-pa tho' :)I think the PE Pistol PA is the sexiest of them all. :p

Pantho
13-06-06, 22:04
Ops randomly open,

Sycnom kept allowing every1 to GR, Citycom still said Attack Non Clan/ GR Clan only

And 2 Biotec GR'd in..

Brammers
13-06-06, 23:05

Here you go! ;)

http://www.techhaven.org/albums/brammers21evo/aaa.sized.jpg

aouthere
13-06-06, 23:09
cuz i was pking at the temple shhhhhh

Zheo
13-06-06, 23:09
The new mercs relations sound well, a touch random in all honesty.

...If you kept up with the story line you'd know how un-random they are...

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 00:41
...If you kept up with the story line you'd know how un-random they are...
Little is revealed by the cronicle or the votr compared with CM's internal communications. Neither has anything on why TS and CM are allies, though we know, and such information has been designated confidential untill such time as the CM senior command and upper echelons of TS decide otherwise.

Mr Kot
14-06-06, 02:11
Ops randomly open,

Sycnom kept allowing every1 to GR, Citycom still said Attack Non Clan/ GR Clan only

And 2 Biotec GR'd in..Were they LE'd?

LEs can rep to a clan only GR as they cannot be in 'another clan' ;)

yuuki
14-06-06, 03:08
Little is revealed by the cronicle or the votr compared with CM's internal communications. Neither has anything on why TS and CM are allies, though we know, and such information has been designated confidential untill such time as the CM senior command and upper echelons of TS decide otherwise.

ya tho the 'confidential' ts info just sucks tbh
veronique falling in love with some funny cm doesn't seem to be a good reason to ally with the whole faction :p

IceStorm
14-06-06, 04:12
LEs can rep to a clan only GR as they cannot be in 'another clan'Since when? I've never been able to GR into ops set for Clan-only. All of my chars have LEs.

Zheo
14-06-06, 07:27

Internal commmunication also went to neocore members :)

Pantho
14-06-06, 09:37
Since when? I've never been able to GR into ops set for Clan-only. All of my chars have LEs.

Yea 2 clan members, GR'd to Nemisis on there Biotech alts. They asked me to open it, i said ok..... I was walking to a citycom, next thing i here them shout, Thx close it now, im like WTF, Check the Citycom, still GR-Clan. heh...

Hmm maybe if u log a clanned alt, then jump to a Pro city it lets you gr.

aouthere
14-06-06, 10:57
So is the Woc Power Armor Dropable? Also does it repair back to 120/120 what are the officail answers to these pressing yet sexy quesitions.

giga191
14-06-06, 11:02
They drop and don't repair to 120/120

Pantho
14-06-06, 11:58
Facts about the new WoC Power-Armor's

How to obtain

Take a PA 3 for any class, take it to the woc temple, and exchange for a PA WoC from the designated NPC.

Price

2.5m + it takes ur PA3 . (2.74m Tottal)

Benefits

Show of your WoC Powers

Losses

2.74m When you drop the fucker.....

Facts

Doesnt rep to 120/120
Is dropable,
If wearing it you would have every1 hunting you, hoping your drop it in your belt...

Tottal Uses...

Op wars..
AFK in TH..

Mr Kot
14-06-06, 13:00
Since when? I've never been able to GR into ops set for Clan-only. All of my chars have LEs.
Since for ever. I have LE chars on all other servers and they can GR freely to any clan only OP. Quite handy really, considering a large number of ops are set this way on some servers. Can't rep to faction only / friend only if he's the wrong faction, but by definition 'clan-only' means no other clans. If he's LE, he's not in another clan ;)

/edit: just checked it again on Merc. Tangent char with LE repped to Tristar, owned by Crahn clan, set to AC/GrC and it let me through. I get no bonus and i can't access the UG, but i can rep there fine. It's always been that way for me.

Corny
14-06-06, 13:16
Make the WOC PAs non-droppable OR reduce the price to like 500k.
It's ridiculously expensive atm and it will drop with a high probability. I know KK is tryin to get money sinks into the game to stabilize the economy, but gee, thats not the way it should be done :o

TL10 heal is the same as before, tested multiple times on multiple chars.

Otherwise, great patch!

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 14:44
I dunno.....

Maybe 1 mil (including the original PA) would be ok.

We don't need more non-drop items, though I think the gold WoC PAs shouldn't drop.

Safunte
14-06-06, 14:47
is this limited only to PA3's? I'd like to see different looking PA4s for people who really like to show off

giga191
14-06-06, 14:49
We don't need more non-drop items, though I think the gold WoC PAs shouldn't drop. YES!! at least make sure that gold PAs are none drop, otherwise it's just ridiculous. *gets woc 3*

LiL T
14-06-06, 16:31
Make the WOC PAs non-droppable OR reduce the price to like 500k.
It's ridiculously expensive atm and it will drop with a high probability. I know KK is tryin to get money sinks into the game to stabilize the economy, but gee, thats not the way it should be done :o

TL10 heal is the same as before, tested multiple times on multiple chars.

Otherwise, great patch!

TL10 heal is not the same as befor so you could not have tested it..

solling
15-06-06, 04:07
TL10 heal is not the same as befor so you could not have tested it..

i dont see the big difference tho ive tested only with tank so not a capped one

really no difference there at least

Pantho
15-06-06, 11:52
On my tank the TL10 and TL3 heal about same now, but on my PE, TL10 has decreased to a nice Balanced levle :).

btw, Biotech can still GR to our GR-Clan, Attack Non-CLan op! We told a GM he did basically nothing..... ill not post the op name for well obvous reasons.

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 12:08
Pantho, you're playing with fire putting that flag in your sig. :p Right now, due to its height, I've got full justification to remove it, but I'll ask you nicely to bring it back within the forum rules.

N

Skusty
15-06-06, 12:22
Ain't that kinda off-topic little nidd? :angel:

unreal
15-06-06, 12:37
Hmm, why's he playing with fire?
The flag of Trinidad and Tobago was officially adopted on August 31, 1962, after the islands gained their independence from Britain.
http://worldatlas.com/text/dotclear.gif
The two white stripes are symbolic of the bountiful sea, the red represents the people, and black represents their hard work and strength.Seems to be fine to me, apart from the height of it. Doesn't look anything like the German flag, or that other thing (technical term) either. 8|

giga191
15-06-06, 12:39
Hmm, why's he playing with fire? Seems to be fine to me, apart from the height of it. Doesn't look anything like the German flag, or that other thing (technical term) either. 8| *waits for unreal's brain to turn on*

unreal
15-06-06, 13:42
If you're talking about the World Cup, I don't see it as a problem, unless you're one of those total retards with only one tooth who think the best sollution is to stab any non-England supporter in the throat. :p

giga191
15-06-06, 16:18
If you're talking about the World Cup, I don't see it as a problem, unless you're one of those total retards with only one tooth who think the best sollution is to stab any non-England supporter in the throat. :p *thinks about the kind of people who would be mods on this forum*

Pantho
16-06-06, 02:27
^^ Nid throwing it offtopic :p, Can we get a reply on this tho plz... Biotech can still GR to our FA closed op :/

Tratos
16-06-06, 09:00
^^ Nid throwing it offtopic :p, Can we get a reply on this tho plz... Biotech can still GR to our FA closed op :/
Have you re-taken the op since the patch?

Nidhogg
16-06-06, 10:35
Have you created a call ticket and asked a support GM to look into it?

N

Superbron
16-06-06, 12:55
Very good: CM got some enemies!

giga191
16-06-06, 22:11
So when can we expect balancing to go retail, because tl10 heal really is just annoyingly overpowered.

Zheo
16-06-06, 22:52
So when can we expect balancing to go retail, because tl10 heal really is just annoyingly overpowered.

I completely agree, also I started crashing alot nc freezes my computer FFS!

Mr Kot
17-06-06, 00:43
Can we get a reply on this tho plz... Biotech can still GR to our FA closed op :/I thought you already had one.. runner not in 'another' clan can rep to GrC op.

If you don't want Biotech to rep there, set it to AC/GrFa

Better still, don't be so mean and just open the op. I hate clans who take half the map then set AC/GrC just to be spiteful. AC/GrFr will still keep Biotech out.

Zheo
17-06-06, 20:38
I completely agree, also I started crashing alot nc freezes my computer FFS!

As I said: Since patch #157 my computer crashes randomly while playing NC, my clan mate also has problems, i've contacted helpdesk and submitted a bug report, any word on this being fixed in a hot patch? I REALLY REALLY dont like having to hard reboot my computer and if this keeps up I may have to stop playing nc until it's fixed!

Mighty Max
17-06-06, 20:52
Tbh, if your computer crashes forcing you to reboot (bluescreens, complete lockups), there is a problem in an kernel mode code (drivers etc...) and seldom an app.

Sure, Neocron might be provoking this error, but you should really look into your logs looking what exactly crashes. Minidumps & Eventlogs ftw ;)

If you are sure then that this is neocrons fault, im sure the info from these logs also helps tracking it down.

Zheo
17-06-06, 23:33
Tbh, if your computer crashes forcing you to reboot (bluescreens, complete lockups), there is a problem in an kernel mode code (drivers etc...) and seldom an app.

Sure, Neocron might be provoking this error, but you should really look into your logs looking what exactly crashes. Minidumps & Eventlogs ftw ;)

If you are sure then that this is neocrons fault, im sure the info from these logs also helps tracking it down.

it's not a complete lock up as num lock key switches light on and off, so the keyboards working it's just not responding to commands, sometimes i can even get it to reboot or shut down. No blue screen of death, this has only happened since #157 nothing else has changed :p but I will have a lookie :)

aKe`cj
18-06-06, 03:56
1. Checked your error.log's for any useful entries ?
2. Does the error occur in bot, dx7 and dx9 ?
3. Does it occur in windowmode as well ?
4. Did you run a defrag on the partition NC is installed to?
5. Antivirus software disabled while you play?

Zheo
18-06-06, 11:33
1. Checked your error.log's for any useful entries ?
2. Does the error occur in bot, dx7 and dx9 ?
3. Does it occur in windowmode as well ?
4. Did you run a defrag on the partition NC is installed to?
5. Antivirus software disabled while you play?

1. WINSOCKMGR : Bind recv socket HostIP 0, Addr:33990848, Port:20999
WINSOCKMGR : Bind send socket HostIP 0, Addr:33990848, Port:21000
@WTEXTRSCMGR: Get Ref Failed : Index not found I:1407 S:5
SCRIPTEDSOUND : Script spawn failed SWAMP
@WRefCnt < 0, Resource Name gfx\decals\pistoldecal.bmp

2. I have dx9c, dont have bot, dx7 (i've always used 9)

3. haven't tried in windowmode.

4. running defrag now.

5. i have nod32 which is active

aKe`cj
18-06-06, 11:45
Defrag will be a lil help to ensure you aint experiencing problems with a corrupt hdd segment

...after that I'd certainly try dx7 (ment to say BOTH not BOT btw) and even more so, windowmode with dx9.

Sometimes, it's just the NC Client that freezes while Windows still works fine - happened to me a few times while in full-screen, leaving me with no option but the reset-button as the client somehow managed to overlay everything else including the task-manager ... thus rendering all actions to get back to your desktop useless. (Most of the times this happened right after a patch and was connected to my antivir blocking the client).

Concerning your error.log - pretty much just common entries, apart from @WRefCnt < 0, Resource Name gfx\decals\pistoldecal.bmp. Does this show up in more error.log's connected to the freezing ?

Tratos
18-06-06, 12:26
And remember kids, typing in black on a dark grey background isn't a pain in the arse to read at all!

Has anyone seen the world cup stuff as of yet? as i've not been ingame due to my A level exams.

Safunte
18-06-06, 12:42
http://ng.neocron.com/

may i direct attention to the fact that there is no news since the 9th of march with the release of the patch 154 patchnotes...

aKe`cj
18-06-06, 12:43
And remember kids, typing in black on a dark grey background isn't a pain in the arse to read at all!

Exactly what I told KK .. they wouldnt change the background tho' - damn kidd0s :mad:

Has anyone seen the world cup stuff as of yet? as i've not been ingame due to my A level exams.

You haven't missed all that much .. it's just a very simple model - a huge foorball-trophy if you want to say so ...about the size of a hover carrier. Seen one in front of each main city so far..

slith
18-06-06, 13:57
Exactly what I told KK .. they wouldnt change the background tho' - damn kidd0s :mad: And that's why you torture us with this idiotic color combination?
FU

Argent
18-06-06, 14:09
And that's why you torture us with this idiotic color combination?

He's just another example (FN is another one) why colors should be disabled on these forums, they practically never serve any real purpose and only attention whores tend to use them, yet the colors annoy other people to hell and back.

Looks interesting patch apart from those idiotic footballs around the world, immersion anyone? Also, I hope KK are gonna make those PAs nondrop?

Tratos
18-06-06, 14:11
Also, I hope KK are gonna make those PAs nondrop?
Good god i hope not - WoC should be special but it shouldn't mean you're entitled to an entire inventory of none dropable items, they just need to possibly make it a slightly lower cost to buy it.

nellus
18-06-06, 14:21
The Woc power armour is just a status symbol so 2.5 million for your WoC power armour sounds ok to me. If you realy wanted to you could earn that money in a couple of days even less. I agree the power armour should be a dropable item, after all its just the same piece of armour just with a different colour scheme.

If your scared of dropping it then dont wear it simple.

Skusty
18-06-06, 14:33
To gain 2.5mil for me would take like 2weeks so i think it shoudl't be dropable, since people make money in different speeds, i don't got monopoly on something ingame like the bigclans do and to get a PA like that is lot of money for me.

giga191
18-06-06, 15:01
I'm gonna start using my own colour text too ^^

nellus
18-06-06, 15:20
Easiest way ive found to make money is hunting at El farid. You cane make 100k an hour and if youve got an APU PPU team then thats peanuts compared to what they can make.

But by making it dropable it means that apart from in safe zones the only people who will be wearing them are the ones who think they can't be beaten (and they may be right), so those of us who are shit at PvP can run and hide cowering in a corner, and those who think they are the best have a neon target to attack.

giga191
18-06-06, 16:07
Easiest way ive found to make money is hunting at El farid. You cane make 100k an hour Wow!!! So only 27 hours of work? :p

Skusty
18-06-06, 17:02
+2 hours for Expenses. :p

unreal
18-06-06, 17:28
The WOC PA should cost 20% of the current price and possibly repair back to 120/120 - they should definitely drop though. It's totally fucked me off that they added a piece of content that's supposed to be a "uniform" that can ONLY worn in a safe zone. They're trying to focus on role play, but because the storyline is almost non existant due to slow progress in every respect, role play barely exists.

The only role play you see is the sort where people use it as a reason to kill everyone they see, this especially includes low level newbies, because the population is so low and they think they own for doing it. PvP is the only thing that keeps the remaining Neocron playerbase around, that's the thing that should be focussed on. If we want roleplay, we all play something else, end of story. I could find more roleplay at plasmapong.com than in Neocron.

It kind of depresses me that none of them have half a clue about what the people paying for the service (aka, the community) wants, instead we get told they're completely running the show and ignore simple requests that everyone who WOC has said about the price, so we continue to pay for new content (as minimal as it is, though I'm not sure why it takes 5months to make 8 or so textures) that we can hardly use.

I was going to try and make a list of all the people who have WOC, and just tell them to turn up at a specific non-safe and non-battlefield sector, and see what PA they wear and take a screenshot of us all. I can guarantee that 100% of them won't be wearing WOC PA and I'm sure that bit of effort to somewhat prove that none of us will wear it because of the price would go to waste, and be ignored like everything else.

Don't agree with you though nelly, if it costs way less as we've all suggested, all of us will be wearing it (and actually make use of it, which means it's no longer useless content), we'll even be paying that bit extra to be at a disadvantage. We'll be the ones who are usually targetted first the majority of the time because of the shinyness.

[ edited - certainly not the part you expected ]

Mighty Max
18-06-06, 17:49
lol Nid :D

unreal, complete undependend from the points you made, please accept that your opinion (and sure the opinion of more) is certainly not the opinion of the community. This, a clear opinion of the community, does not exist on such things. Thats because we have so many different characters ingame as well as behind the screen.

I think it is a bit of insulting to hear this again and again and again, that nobody can really have a different opinion. We (at least I) HAVE!

Thanks for understanding.

And to make it clear (and ontopic ;) ): Leave the PA as it is now (in price,drop,repair). It's good this way.

RogerRamjet
18-06-06, 18:04
To be honest, with numerous ways to get vast quantitys of money easily, who cares?

RusSki
18-06-06, 18:34
lol has anyone checked the citycom to look at the richest clans lately?

They could keep the woc players in woc pa's for a long while.

Anyone wanna give me 3m? :)

Zheo
18-06-06, 19:59
Concerning your error.log - pretty much just common entries, apart from @WRefCnt < 0, Resource Name gfx\decals\pistoldecal.bmp. Does this show up in more error.log's connected to the freezing ?

Good question the logs have....deleted themselves.... dont ask me how they did that but their all blank now :)

BTW I use Nod 32, anyone know if that has issues with NC?

Apocalypsox
18-06-06, 23:38
good stuff. i want my damn spy WoC PA!!!

Tratos
19-06-06, 00:38
Can we have the Q&A thread back now too btw? This really didn't answer that many questions...

giga191
19-06-06, 10:03
lol has anyone checked the citycom to look at the richest clans lately?

They could keep the woc players in woc pa's for a long while.

Anyone wanna give me 3m? :) i kind of wonder how they got so rich, me and gunnar hacked some neptune OPs about 3 weeks ago, and there's only 4k in the clan bank and i think that came from us GRing in.

Pantho
19-06-06, 10:40
i kind of wonder how they got so rich, me and gunnar hacked some neptune OPs about 3 weeks ago, and there's only 4k in the clan bank and i think that came from us GRing in.

yea, on terra it says "Reward for holding ops ****", And we have received nothing.

Nidhogg
19-06-06, 10:42
Can we have the Q&A thread back now too btw? This really didn't answer that many questions...
If it's a question about the patch please add it here. If it's about something else then please ask it in Comm Talk. If it's a question that's already been asked on the Q&A thread ,well, it's already been asked and we'll answer it as soon as we're able.

N

Pantho
19-06-06, 10:58
Nid, i have 2 bugs to report, id like a to know u read this :p,

Biotech can STILL GR! to FA Outposts that are closed to CLAN only, Very weird. (Handy for my biotech alt, LE'd and Un'LE'd).

Chat bugs, Noted by other people and myself in Community topic's, Sometimes Local or DM can mute itself, (With me this happend as i stealthed,) It doesnt give the muted symbol, you just cant read anything said, and have to relog

Nidhogg
19-06-06, 11:17
Please report bugs in-game using the bug tracker so the QA people can log and track them properly. Thanks.

N

CMaster
19-06-06, 12:29
If it's a question about the patch please add it here. If it's about something else then please ask it in Comm Talk. If it's a question that's already been asked on the Q&A thread ,well, it's already been asked and we'll answer it as soon as we're able.

N

Your final comment in the Q&A Thread gave the impression that the descicion had been made not to answer any more questions (on the rather week excuse that answers would "become apparent". Are you saying that we can still hope to see answers to the questions posted before closing? If so, thats good news.

Pantho
21-06-06, 12:06
well Biotech can no longer GR to Syncom :), w00t,

jini
22-06-06, 10:01
As we all know it, mb zoneline exit is here for some quick instafights.
After last faction changes regarding the CM faction, with the last patch, kk has forgotten to remove the guards that patrol that place. Not only that, but for some reason one of those guards is also invisible, shooting runners from a safespot.
This is of the utmost importance or it will drive people even more away

SorkZmok
22-06-06, 10:30
After last faction changes regarding the CM faction, with the last patch, kk has forgotten to remove the guards that patrol that place. Not only that, but for some reason one of those guards is also invisible, shooting runners from a safespot.
This is of the utmost importance or it will drive people even more away

It's gonna take them ages to fix that i guess. Worst about those guards is they can take aggro and then hit you no matter where you go. As soon as any mob is stuck inside a wall he got wallhacks. :lol:

And about the WOC PA. I've seen people idle in TH wearing them. That's it. So far i've been the only one around actually pvping in it. KK should lower the price to about 1 mil i'd say.

On the other hand, i give a shit about my money as long as i can afford a spare one. And i look so much cooler than anyone else in it. <3

aKe`cj
22-06-06, 11:13

I wouldnt go so far to call it a fight, nor would I say that the zoneline is designed as a fighting place.. go upstairs and risk your belt if you have the balls.

After last faction changes regarding the CM faction, with the last patch, kk has forgotten to remove the guards that patrol that place.

KK possibly didnt have the intention to preserve that spot as a zonewhoring mecca. I for one, am happy with the patch result. There's still nuff places for quick skirmish, such as TH, PP..etc. If you cant bear the thought of fighting til one of the involved drops to the floor, neofrag might be the option of choice.

giga191
22-06-06, 11:56
i died to a cm guard with wallhax yesterday :(

jini
22-06-06, 12:05
I wouldnt go so far to call it a fight, nor would I say that the zoneline is designed as a fighting place.. go upstairs and risk your belt if you have the balls.
Actually I'm not interested for your opinion/ego/balls, which might be all wrong since you mention it. Fact is, 90% of the server, one way or another ends up there. 9% are usually new players LEd or not and the remaining 1% is you, which you got so large balls that you can't go thru these doors :lol:

KK possibly didnt have the intention to preserve that spot as a zonewhoring mecca. I for one, am happy with the patch result. There's still nuff places for quick skirmish, such as TH, PP..etc. If you cant bear the thought of fighting til one of the involved drops to the floor, neofrag might be the option of choice.
1. How do you know of kk's intentions?
2. I don't quite understand where do you fight in TH, in PP theres hardly anyone to fight, but if you like this patch then bravo, you are a happy customer. Let that rest 90% to be happy too. In short where's your problem if they remove that guard????

Skusty
22-06-06, 12:17
And at the DoY gates that goes to Tsunami, the Tsunamiguards don't attack me for some reasson, and im Dre. :wtf: But inside they open fire.

aKe`cj
22-06-06, 12:24
Actually I'm not interested for your opinion

As long as you are aware of the fact that there are other opinions than yours, thats fine ;)

1. How do you know of kk's intentions?

Just as much as you do "kk has forgotten"... all I say is: possibly it wasnt forgotten but not seen as a negative impact. Possibly doesnt mean I know for sure jini ...but keep up the agressive pace http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

In short where's your problem if they remove that guard????

The guards are there to protect the HQ entrance... and finally they do their job. I'd prefer to see the removal of some of the guards outside. Imo the MB-SEC I zoneline is a horrible arena and steps taking (wether on purpose or not) to move PvP to more fitting locations is a good thing. Thats my opinion.. as for the invis guard / stuck in wall problem... as far as I know there are static NPC Guards as well for CM .. CM Turrets similar to the ones that used to guard TH. Exchanging them might be a solution - I dont agree with removing guards from that area tho'.

Brammers
22-06-06, 12:53
The guards are there to protect the HQ entrance... and finally they do their job.

Finally someone reminds eveyone here that this game is a MMORPG game. The CM guards are they to keep Diamond and Black Dragon runners out.

giga191
22-06-06, 13:06
Finally someone reminds eveyone here that this game is a MMORPG game. The CM guards are they to keep Diamond and Black Dragon runners out.except they get stuck in walls and completely ruin the rp aspect.

CMaster
22-06-06, 13:28
If the guards get stuck in walls, put in a GM ticket and somebody will come and sort them out. With any luck we may see fighting moving away from MB zoneline (its worth pointing out that I spend almost all my time in NC with people who don't go to MB zoneline. So don't even think about saying "everybody without an LE goes there". Its as dumb as "everybody plays only for PvP" or "nobody wants ally PKing" and "Op wars are the only thing worth doing". Personally, I think guards should kill prettymuch anybody they see fighting - they are there to keep the peace after all. Instead people would then have to fight beyond guards - where there is typically more space and hence more fun fighting.

jini
22-06-06, 14:19
I fail to see the roleplay aspect, when a guard doesn't permit certain factions to approach certain areas. Just pull the guard, send him to patrol other areas.
Another example:
The TG Canyons, a wonderfull place for fighting/dueling, but its unreachable by ALL pro city!! what a waste of space, what a waste of design. TG canyons is the best designed place -by far- of neocron. you can hide, you can run, you can enjoy the pvp aspect of the game with dramatic surroundings. Yet, its only for antis.

Mighty Max
22-06-06, 14:28
The TG Canyons, a wonderfull place for fighting/dueling, but its unreachable by ALL pro city!! what a waste of space, what a waste of design. TG canyons is the best designed place -by far- of neocron. you can hide, you can run, you can enjoy the pvp aspect of the game with dramatic surroundings. Yet, its only for antis.

It's a rebells hideout, do you really expect them having a beer (aka having fun fights[geplänkel]) there with the forces that occupy neocron?

Mr McMock
22-06-06, 14:30

TG canyons ftw, KK fucked it up and ruined one of the best places to PVP and raid, so many fun times at the canyons, shame KK set about destroying and nerfing PvP areas in nc2 and now sit around wondering why only 30-80 people are on the terra most of time.

Brammers
22-06-06, 14:57
TG canyons ftw, KK fucked it up and ruined one of the best places to PVP and raid, so many fun times at the canyons, shame KK set about destroying and nerfing PvP areas in nc2 and now sit around wondering why only 30-80 people are on the terra most of time.

Apart from a mixture of guards in the TG Canyon, the TG Canyon is still just as raidable as the TG Canyon from NC1. In fact there is an extra way into the Canyon since NC1.

So what in your opinion have they changed in TG canyon so much, to make it unraidable?

SizZLeR
22-06-06, 15:06
I fail to see the roleplay aspect, when a guard doesn't permit certain factions to approach certain areas. Just pull the guard, send him to patrol other areas.

If u were employed at TOYOTA and then u visited GM HQ, snooping around their quarters, i bet someone would show u to the door. ;-)

So thats the role u play taken from real life, if u r considered an enemy to someone, those someones wouldnt like u being around their private area, in the game, my exp is that the guards warn u and next they open fire, last part (ofcourse) differs from RL, but then, its *cough* the judge Dredd world *cough* NeoCron. :D

If theres a buggy guard thats stuck inside a wall, ofcourse he shd be fixed, i agree 110% to that. :)

Mr McMock
22-06-06, 15:57
Apart from a mixture of guards in the TG Canyon, the TG Canyon is still just as raidable as the TG Canyon from NC1. In fact there is an extra way into the Canyon since NC1.

So what in your opinion have they changed in TG canyon so much, to make it unraidable?

Well the guards hit harder, turrets (one by GR last time I went). Jini pointed it out, its unreachable by pro city. Actually why am I bothering you are a just a fanboi who builds gliders so no point wasting my time goin into it as Italy are about to kick off and you probably have some tradeskilling to do.

Mighty Max
22-06-06, 16:14
Back to that point again? Please feed the discussion with some more relevant things.

Welcome at the unholy group of fanboys btw Brammers ;)

Jini pointed it out, its unreachable by pro city
Actually its pretty easy to get in there, but i guess if you just run in careless and stand in the middle of a dozen guards, it could be difficult.

giga191
22-06-06, 16:26
i thought one of the 'features' of nc2 was guards that weren't too hard to kill so that you can raid places. I won't even go into the whole safezone discussion again....

Pantho
22-06-06, 16:26
Brammers has as many pvp alts as traders.

Anyways, my pro guy goes Canyon all the time, Hacknet to Grant Mine if u need to. or walk in.

If you got the GR. It does take abit of skill ^^. Just get a freind to stand infront of the GR and then the turret cant hit u.... done. Also if u walk behind the Vendors and wait of SI, the turrets cant hit u. done.

Brammers
22-06-06, 16:39
Well the guards hit harder, turrets (one by GR last time I went). Jini pointed it out, its unreachable by pro city.

Once you are inside there are plenty of spots safe from guards, and a pro-city can get in with stealth or a PPU. So pro-city can get it.

Actually why am I bothering you are a just a fanboi who builds gliders so no point wasting my time goin into it as Italy are about to kick off and you probably have some tradeskilling to do.

You can put the trolling and flames away, I don't take the bait that easily. One thing I will sugguest, is be prepared to discuss your points with passion...after the match.

Tratos
22-06-06, 16:55
Well the guards hit harder, turrets (one by GR last time I went). Jini pointed it out, its unreachable by pro city. Actually why am I bothering you are a just a fanboi who builds gliders so no point wasting my time goin into it as Italy are about to kick off and you probably have some tradeskilling to do.
Ah the brilliant argumentative technique of somone who knows they're wrong so have to rely on something completly irrelevant and for the most part false. Nice going with that one Mr McCock :).

You have to remember that the entirity of MB is the home of a certian faction and that the TG Canyon was/is the home of TG and now an outpost of DoY. So it's only logical that they protect them O_o like CA/NCPD guards Neocron. I accept that there are too many guards in some areas but guards should not be removed in their entirity or to the extent some people want them to.

However on the topic of Guards - Any Screaming Horse guards should be removed from the DRE sector since DRE and the Mercs are no longer playing nice.

naphead
22-06-06, 19:46
If u were employed at TOYOTA and then u visited GM HQ, snooping around their quarters, i bet someone would show u to the door. ;-)

well, I'd have to disagree with you there. I'm pretty sure that the Toyota employee would not only get hired by GMAC, but be given and insta-promotion to headtech :)

On the subject of the new WoC PA I can't wait to get my Spy's PA, but dear lord could you lower the price just a touch... just a touch... mmmm, k, thanks :D

Deus Ex Machina
22-06-06, 19:51
The Entrances to the Dome of York have Guards to keep the enemy out.
The Official Entrance to Neocron has Guards to keep the enemy out.
The Military Base Entrance has Guards to keep the enemy out.

I guess I am seeing a pattern here...
It's that way some time, and some time ago the situation was the same with Twilight Guardian as enemy of the City Mercs as far as I remember - they seemed to be able to cope with that situation.

But surely no NPC should be allowed to shoot out of walls and hit everywhere, thats just annoying.

It's a bit off topic, but am I the only one suspicious that Mr McMock has a postcount of 2, both of them on this topic and as far as I can see the only one that supports the view of Jini?

and yeah, I AM Paranoid, no need to ask...

jini
23-06-06, 06:07
You also support my view as well as others do, at least partly (no NPC should be allowed to shoot out of walls).

I never asked to remove guards from mb alltogether. I only asked to remove/kill/prohibit patrols in the zone where people are for a quick fight.

KK should also make TG canyons a place for people to fight and I'm all in to drive people away from mb zonewhoring line, and move them in TG canyons. Maybe leaving guards in entrance, but removing them from other inside locations, except maybe a very few to justify that its TG property.
It's a remarkably well designed place to hide and fight for everyone and every class

Implications that i'm affiliated with mcmock are simply a product of your little paranoid mind.

slith
23-06-06, 10:19
To throw in my opinion how guards should be:

- Guards aggro active weapon -if not member of the own faction- and start shooting after 3shouts(allie)/1shout(neutral).
- Guards do low damage (~copbot +/- 10% but without the freeze).
- Guards have lower HP (~1/6 of what they have now).
- The overall number of guards is lowered. (no more plaza 4 :wtf: ).
- Guards less static: Especially cityguards walk around more instead of camping the zoneline.
- Freeze is not in the game anymore but replaced by distract mind (reversed mouse for 1sec and walking like on drugs for 5secs).

So guards don't stop PvP and only act as supporters. But the real defense of the city/hq is in the hand of the players. Lone Ninjas still have a hard time though (Guards walking around and less predictable).

aKe`cj
23-06-06, 11:06
- Freeze is not in the game anymore but replaced by distract mind (reversed mouse for 1sec and walking like on drugs for 5secs).

O_o ...you dont like the freeze, yet you'd like having to jump in circles like a retard when 5 copbots spam you with that crap?

Apart from that .. +-10% of the copbot dmg is a joke. My PPU can easily outheal 5 guards (copbot / screaming horse). what you are suggesting is pretty much a removal of them ... just with keeping em in as eye-candy.

slith
23-06-06, 11:15
O_o ...you dont like the freeze, yet you'd like having to jump in circles like a retard when 5 copbots spam you with that crap?The PPU one, copbots dont have it. :p Would be retarded indeed.
Apart from that .. +-10% of the copbot dmg is a joke. My PPU can easily outheal 5 guards (copbot / screaming horse). what you are suggesting is pretty much a removal of them ... just with keeping em in as eye-candy.Yes it is. Keep Guards to a supporting role. Big groups of players have to be stopped by big groups of players. Not this paraspam that makes skill worthless.
But a single runner attacked in his city still has a advantage.

jini
23-06-06, 11:47
Exactly. Give neocron back to its players. What is this we have now? This will also stop recent pleas for enemy faction players to join the fight in mb. Neocron is becoming more and more carebear. If what people is just shooting mobs, then yes by own means, place more guards in

aKe`cj
23-06-06, 12:06
Imo guards should be a means to keep enemies from idling in hostile territory. On the other hand, guards should not be able to stop a raid.
I'd like to see guards that have roughly 5-6x the firepower of the current copbots, yet far less hp and a long respawn timer.
I'd also like to see a second type of guards for each faction / alliance. Same damage output, yet a lot of hp and stationary - keeping well clear the core zones - such as HQ GRs.
Before you ask.. no freeze. I wouldn't mind to see freeze changed to PvM exclusivly - it doesnt serve well to make PvP more interesting.

SizZLeR
24-06-06, 14:04
well, I'd have to disagree with you there. I'm pretty sure that the Toyota employee would not only get hired by GMAC, but be given and insta-promotion to headtech :)

Your guess on what would/could happen is just as qualified as mine i suppose, but it doesnt mean any of us is actually 100% wrong about it.

My point was to compare a part of this computer game with the real world, but ofcourse the real world can always surprise by acting quite opposite of what one would expect.

But then lemme say in another way, if I was the owner of a company and some "enemy" employee came by snooping around, i wouldnt let him in nor go as far as hire him, who knows, he might still be reporting back to his old boss about what's going on in my firm and I wouldnt want that at all.. ;)

SizZLeR
24-06-06, 14:15
Imo guards should be a means to keep enemies from idling in hostile territory. On the other hand, guards should not be able to stop a raid.
I'd like to see guards that have roughly 5-6x the firepower of the current copbots, yet far less hp and a long respawn timer.
I'd also like to see a second type of guards for each faction / alliance. Same damage output, yet a lot of hp and stationary - keeping well clear the core zones - such as HQ GRs.
Before you ask.. no freeze. I wouldn't mind to see freeze changed to PvM exclusivly - it doesnt serve well to make PvP more interesting.

Imo the guards are maybe a bit overpowered in some ways, i mean like one time me and another guy tried to kill a sigle MC5 guard using a rhino, well we had to get out and let him kill us in order to spare the rhino.

I think they regain hlt too fast and its kinda outta proportions that one guard is wacking a rhino which is supposed to be a powerfull attack unit, to me it seems like u have a modern soldier using his machinegun to waste a tiger tank!

Maybe equipping the guards differently wep wise? Like having some of them being equipped with special launchers (aka bazooka) meant for taking out lrg vehicles and then maybe they could have too a smaller gun, like a low tl pistol or melee wep.

Then the guards would be more like a team, unlike the guards now that r all able to take out whatever, human or veh with the same gun, which appears to also come with unlimited ammo btw?.

I think its rather worth a laugh that its easier to get past a guard with a ppu and a tank on foot rather than a driver and a gunner in a rhino, seems a bit twisted imo. :)

aKe`cj
24-06-06, 14:27
Ime and another guy tried to kill a sigle MC5 guard using a rhino, well we had to get out and let him kill us in order to spare the rhino.

We're refering to 2 very different kind of NPCs here. I was solely talking about Faction / City Guards. MC5 "Guards" are mobs, not guards.

SizZLeR
25-06-06, 10:52
We're refering to 2 very different kind of NPCs here. I was solely talking about Faction / City Guards. MC5 "Guards" are mobs, not guards.

I couldve used any guard or "guard" for the example, doesnt chg the fact that i think theyre overpowered in some ways, ways that makes the game a bit of a laugh sometimes.

I remember a friend of mine used to play DAOC and i was laughing my arse off when he ran around as a big roach (i believe it was supposed to look like a huge guy with a cape) and he got killed by a tiny guy, i asked him why the hell he just didnt step on the little fellow as his foot was almost the size of the little dudes whole body? :lol:

Tostino
25-06-06, 17:06
MC5 guards are ment to be one of the hardest (if not the hardest) mobs in game. They do a whole lot more damage then a normal faction guard would.

SizZLeR
26-06-06, 10:37
MC5 guards are ment to be one of the hardest (if not the hardest) mobs in game. They do a whole lot more damage then a normal faction guard would.

:lol: u may be right, honestly i havent taken one on since i almost lost my rhino due to one of them. :D

Yet i still think its a bit of a laugh that one of those guards/mobs can take down a rhino in a few shots. ;)

Pantho
27-06-06, 10:17
:lol: u may be right, honestly i havent taken one on since i almost lost my rhino due to one of them. :D

Yet i still think its a bit of a laugh that one of those guards/mobs can take down a rhino in a few shots. ;)

Didnt think you could get a Rhino into MC5 anymore... Least with Sploiting

slith
27-06-06, 10:23
Didnt think you could get a Rhino into MC5 anymore... Least with SploitingYou don't really need to exploit something, actually you just have to do nothing ;)

SizZLeR
28-06-06, 15:35
Didnt think you could get a Rhino into MC5 anymore... Least with Sploiting

We were outside a fence near one of those energy core entrances, besides theres a spot, or there used 2 b, where u could get a veh inside.

Anyways, we parked it outside the fence and there were two guards on the other side, we attacked one of them with the rhino and ofcourse he came running to us and opened fire immidiately. :)

But no, i havent tried to get a veh inside MC5 since NC1 where I once drove one of those red sports things in there. :)

Faid
29-06-06, 01:40
A couple clan mates and I decided to try the mc5 guards with a rhino a while back, we just drove around the cliff line and eventually were able to drive off the side of the cliff into the MC5 area - no exploit needed. The guards do do a hell of a lot of damage, but we had an insanely high lvl repper repairing as we shot at the guards. Needless to say they overpowered us and we went kaboom :lol:

SizZLeR
29-06-06, 15:11
A couple clan mates and I decided to try the mc5 guards with a rhino a while back, we just drove around the cliff line and eventually were able to drive off the side of the cliff into the MC5 area - no exploit needed. The guards do do a hell of a lot of damage, but we had an insanely high lvl repper repairing as we shot at the guards. Needless to say they overpowered us and we went kaboom :lol:

Sounds like the same way i found the way in with the Wheeler back in nc1, actually i did it like this, i made a new chr and ran around in MC5 trying to find a way out, i like u just followed the cliffline and all of a sudden there was an opening where u could drive in from the outside. :)

Brammers
03-07-06, 16:02
Bug: Before Patch 157, Rhino keys could be salvaged. In Patch 157 I get "This item cannot be salvaged" with 137REC and a TL150 Salvage tool.

P.S. Been reported in the ingame bug tracker as well.

blackpheonix
03-07-06, 17:31
Bug: Before Patch 157, Rhino keys could be salvaged. In Patch 157 I get "This item cannot be salvaged" with 137REC and a TL150 Salvage tool.

P.S. Been reported in the ingame bug tracker as well.

CONFIRMED

the amount of rhinos i go thru :P i need to be able to salvage them :P

Pantho
16-07-06, 03:33
The guy cant drive....