PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts...

LiL T
13-06-06, 01:11
Ok I think there needs to be some changes in this game, to promote killing enemys. The faction gaurds and copbots I think could be changed slightly, what I would like to see done with those. Is to have them give you more warning befor they open fire, the copbots should only be for bad SL and criminal acts.

Its been asked for befor, a flagging system, that if you attack an allied runner the copbots would own your ass. This is with old NC1 copbot damage in mind, if you attack someone and cause 15% damage the copbots should open fire and more or less one shot you. But if you are enemy to the city they should not attack you, the faction gaurds would deal with you. After you ignore their warnings, five warnings or unless you start shooting at people first. I think the parra shock should be removed, its a real pain in the arse and NC2's city pvp feature was killed befor it was even released...

The damage of the gaurds could be increased to a lvl people can withstand with a PPU on them. There should not be too many gaurds at first though, lets say 3 gaurds easy enough to get one kill in if your are solo. But then reinforcements are spawned after a certain amount of time. Reinforcements would continue to spawn more and more untill you can't possibly outheal it, this would prevent people just camping an area to kill people.

yuuki
13-06-06, 01:26
aggressor flags would really be nice, so an attacked person could defend himself against ally pkers without the risk of loosing soullight. city guards could shoot at enemies unless they carry a fake id buyable in some fsm or so (i would think that would be nice :D ).
the others should behave according to either the f6 or your sympathy to that faction (if someone is liked in a faction why should they shoot him?).

removal of some guards in neocron would be great too, as there are way more cops in there than runners, which really hinders pvp.

would also be nice to have a jailhouse gr, so the evil players could meet there and plan their acts of infamy ;)

Pantho
13-06-06, 10:47
:angel: And get Fetish and Skullcult moved to AB and have a Clan app/Apps in Jailhouse :), Then we could live there, plane evil deads, use the traders :angel:

But yea, Jailhouse GR ftw.

SnowCrash
13-06-06, 11:51
A aggressor flag system would be indeed a useful extension but difficult to implement into the current game environment technically wise. Not to mention any possible side effects. The balancing project currently has the highest priority and we will see what comes next when this project has been finished.

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 11:59
There is something akin to a flag system allready, if you do a cirtain amount of damage to a runner and then that runner dies, you may loose SL/symp. Problem being that it only does stuff on the death of the runner, not at the point of damage.

rob444
13-06-06, 12:51
I can't say I agree with you on the para though, but all other ideas sounds like nice ideas. As DJ said they already have that kind of flagging system already but gets only triggered when the runner dies, I don't see why they couldn't reprogram it a little bit.

LiL T
13-06-06, 13:16
I can't say I agree with you on the para though, but all other ideas sounds like nice ideas. As DJ said they already have that kind of flagging system already but gets only triggered when the runner dies, I don't see why they couldn't reprogram it a little bit.

Well with the para, I think it should taken away from the faction gaurds at least and be left with the copbots, since they are a police force.

I really think the reason for people losing interest in this game, is because the only way we can pvp is zoneline fighting at MB. OP wars are just not as fun as fights in places like the city, they are more for the bigger clans with numbers to defend them. But the smaller clans that are strongly into pvp are getting bored and leaving the game. Theres just not enough people in the game to make a large op fighting clan from scratch.

I can understand some people do not wish to pvp But if people would get a brain its not hard to avoid being killed, there are safezones. Its easy to get a qaud and spec 17 vehical use for when you are hunting, then if attacked its so easy to get away. All I'm seeing is pvp the supposed strong point of neocron getting toned down way to much. All in favour of people who do not wish to pvp, there are people who want to fight it out in the citys that can't do so because of the copbots.

rob444
13-06-06, 13:30
Yeah I agree with the para on guards, I think it's pretty much rediculous.
Besides, I wouldn't mind getting raided within NC sometimes and I think the safezone in Plaza 1 should be removed, as long as it's pretty much hard to get there as a doy faction and that they fix some of p1's map bugs that could be used as advantage for DoY.

LiL T
13-06-06, 13:37
Humm I wonder if they could make the outzone accessable from a back alley in plaza 3. Maybe then we will have more people running around in that zone and the pvp can be done mostly there. The outzone is the perfect place for in city fighting, its shame everytime i go there, theres not many people about besides a few noobs lvling.

CMaster
13-06-06, 14:48
Rather than that, I think the mainsewers should come into the inner city - possiblly linked through the levelling sewers - as it is, this huge sewer complex only serves the unihabited part of the city. WTF is with that?

LiL T
13-06-06, 14:52
Rather than that, I think the mainsewers should come into the inner city - possiblly linked through the levelling sewers - as it is, this huge sewer complex only serves the unihabited part of the city. WTF is with that?

I agree the mainsewers are one of the best places this game has but so unused.

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 15:21
The whole sewer system should be connected, with the 'standard' entrances to the city heavily defended, would make things a bit more interesting.

giga191
13-06-06, 15:51
The whole sewer system should be connected, with the 'standard' entrances to the city heavily defended, would make things a bit more interesting. I think the main sewer is hard enough to navigate through without connecting loads of other sewers :lol:

first time i got lost in ages.

SuperSeb
13-06-06, 21:50
[ edited ]

giga191
13-06-06, 22:35
[ edited ] another random comment with no apparent logic or fact behind it.