PDA

View Full Version : POP-ulation

Zheo
12-06-06, 21:47
Felt like making the title a bit more interesting excuse my lack of sleep and my ability to be pleased by simple things.

Ok so everyone agree population sux big fair hairy nipples right?

...*assumes people agree*

So why don't reakktor give us all the chance to have single international server?

And yes I did think of potential problems, the problems i see are

1. Lots of germans speaking german and confusing us english/french!
2. 1, 2, 3, 4 slots sir? Well which shall we make it?
3. Getting appartments/money over to the new server?

My Awnsers:

1. Rework the chat system, remove all but Alliance, Trade, Clan, OOC, Help and maybe Faction. Then add in, Geman and English channels so German-Trade, English-Trade. But keep Clan and maybe Alliance and Faction as a single channel? <-- sounds good huh? I have all channels active and others are VERY in-active.

2. Well i though about this, and some people prefer a 1slot server, and some a 4, Well I though how about a 2slot server? This gives you the chance to have 1 pvp character and 1 support character (ppu or trade skiller)

3. It would be very difficult but perhaps the GM team could come and "assess people and clans and provide either new clan apps and private apps or money to buy them and re-build them.

Any thoughs, and dont bloody flame! It's a good idea, even in my sleep deprived state!

Logan_storm_03
12-06-06, 21:50
/sign.

If all else fails, server merge.

Argent
12-06-06, 21:53
Single server would work only if other servers were removed, and that simply isn't gonna happen....

rob444
12-06-06, 21:54
International server would be nice, I don't think I would mind all the german but I guess I would start dreaming german after a few days of playing on the international server. Not sure how we would solve the character slots and a like. But as I see it, if ppl wants to play on 1 slot servers, they could just have 1 character and let the rest have 1-4 ;D. I would propose in starting the server completely from scratch, no transfers, no nothing. Besides, it would be a lot of fun if everyone started from zero. imo :P

slith
12-06-06, 21:54
I can imagine there are many people against it. But I like your idea.
Making German channels isn't necessary though. We can talk english if we want to :)

rob444
12-06-06, 21:55
I can imagine there are many people against it. But I like your idea.
Making German channels isn't necessary though. We can talk english if we want to :)

Good education too :P

Cadgar
12-06-06, 22:00
- shut down neocron 2
- creat and sell neocron 3 with new engine and netcode
- remove all servers and create an international 2 slot server with german und english chats
- people can take their quickbelts,implants,armor and 1 million cash with them
- succes

\o/

Fega
13-06-06, 00:03
If KK were to drop down to only using 1 server it would save them cash.... They could then spend that on paying some extra guys to fix the bloody game :P

IceStorm
13-06-06, 01:44
No server merge. Ever. Germans are Germans. International is International. It's not like merging will help the hours I play anyway - Mars and Mercury were at 0% the majority of the time I played this past week.

yuuki
13-06-06, 02:56
i really love that idea, would be over 30% population at peak time and only occasionaly below 10 :D

and i think the language isn't a big problem, many frenchies on terra don't speak any english at all and it works nonetheless, besides often the same abbreviations are used, so unless someone is doing real advertising everyone will understand what's going on on trade channel :)

additionaly more noobs may stay in the game if they actually got peeps to play with imo

Zheo
13-06-06, 06:57
No server merge. Ever. Germans are Germans. International is International. It's not like merging will help the hours I play anyway - Mars and Mercury were at 0% the majority of the time I played this past week.

I didnt make this idea for YOU! If you dont see anyone then you wont care so stop complaining :)

slith
13-06-06, 07:33
No server merge. Ever. Germans are Germans. International is International. It's not like merging will help the hours I play anyway - Mars and Mercury were at 0% the majority of the time I played this past week.If it wouldn't affect you, why do you complain? :wtf:

And why don't merge? I see no problem in people on terra speaking german from time to time. I mean, the french do it too :p
Edit: And I guess some of you ne parle pas francais :lol:

IceStorm
13-06-06, 08:13
I didnt make this idea for YOU!
If it wouldn't affect you, why do you complain?Excuse me, but didn't the very first post suggest reducing the new server's slot count to two slots? I have four accounts and sixteen chars on Terra. Exactly why do I want that reduced to eight?

I also seriously doubt they could "merge" anything without forcing us to start over like we did with the transition from NC1 to NC2. Last time they that we lost at least half the server total population. Would you like to lose another 50%?

Pull your heads out of the sand. This change would most certaintly affect me, would not benefit me in any way, and would probably cause me to cancel my accounts.

I don't give a rat's ass about what language people speak. I don't give a shit if there are Frenchies on Trade-NC, or Lugie-hockers, or Koreans, or Chinese. The fact is Terra is a four-slot International server that the Germans do not play on in appreciable numbers. Why would you expect FORCING them to play with us non-Germans would entice them to stick around?

Zheo
13-06-06, 10:01
Excuse me, but didn't the very first post suggest reducing the new server's slot count to two slots? I have four accounts and sixteen chars on Terra. Exactly why do I want that reduced to eight?

I also seriously doubt they could "merge" anything without forcing us to start over like we did with the transition from NC1 to NC2. Last time they that we lost at least half the server total population. Would you like to lose another 50%?

Pull your heads out of the sand. This change would most certaintly affect me, would not benefit me in any way, and would probably cause me to cancel my accounts.

I don't give a rat's ass about what language people speak. I don't give a shit if there are Frenchies on Trade-NC, or Lugie-hockers, or Koreans, or Chinese. The fact is Terra is a four-slot International server that the Germans do not play on in appreciable numbers. Why would you expect FORCING them to play with us non-Germans would entice them to stick around?

...why do you need 16 characters? Seriously you can only PVP with one character at a time, and you only need like three slots if you REALLY want to do every trade skill. I really dont understand multiple accounts.

And I suggested it because some want a 1slot server and some don't this is a "in the middle" solution for everyone. Maybe the germans plan on their 4slot server because they though their'd be more people thus they just chose to do it, and cant be arse to start over again? Also they have a one slot server which attracts some poeple.

SorkZmok
13-06-06, 10:17
They should've done that from the start. It's too late now, you'd piss off way too many people with a server merge.

I got 2 accounts with every slot filled except neptune. And most of those characters are fully capped. I just couldn't decide which ones to take with me.

awkward silence
13-06-06, 10:20
I think we would need 2 servers...

1 slot international and 4 slot international.

I for one dont mind people talking different languages and personally believe that those who do are, if not racist, atleast a bit narrow minded.

I use all my 4 slots on my account and wouldn't want to give up any of them. I also understand the need to a "no allts" server so thus the 2 servers

Pantho
13-06-06, 10:41
+ have a English - German channel .

Hey, Maybe, Francais ppl could "Steal" a Rectuit 10-30 channel or something, have every1 who talks French activate the channel (Because KK wont let them use one) , would be sweet....

Hmmmm who is up for a Yorkshire channel.

IceStorm
13-06-06, 11:07
...why do you need 16 characters? Seriously you can only PVP with one character at a time, and you only need like three slots if you REALLY want to do every trade skill. I really dont understand multiple accounts.I'm an ex-Plutonian that KK wouldn't allow to merge accounts. I also maintain a char in every faction with 90 FS as well as several slots I can use for disposable chars or testing.

That's besides the point, though. My accounts are my business. The whole server isn't painted in your colors. The change you're suggesting will affect all manner of players, many with playstyles that are not in line with your own.
And I suggested it because some want a 1slot server and some don't this is a "in the middle" solution for everyone. Maybe the germans plan on their 4slot server because they though their'd be more people thus they just chose to do it, and cant be arse to start over again? Also they have a one slot server which attracts some poeple.As I recall, the server the Germans play the most is the one-slot. A two-slot compromise won't be a compromise for them, it'll be an insult.
I think we would need 2 servers...

1 slot international and 4 slot international.With the pops the way they are, we effectively have that setup now.

If all you want is English support on the German one-slot server, it would be far less intrusive to ask KK to make the server dual language support than to move characters and muck with the databases.

RogerRamjet
13-06-06, 11:35
They should've done that from the start. It's too late now, you'd piss off way too many people with a server merge.

I got 2 accounts with every slot filled except neptune. And most of those characters are fully capped. I just couldn't decide which ones to take with me.

Same here.

The suggestions of server merges mainly come from people who play 1 server exclusively.

calim
13-06-06, 11:59
For the chat system : full agree. Need complete rework (on ergonomics, etc ...), customs channels ... nickname completion and more. I think the chat system take a huge place in a MMO and need to get dev time consequently.