PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Teh heat

Dribble Joy
12-06-06, 17:11
It's too bloody hot!

London is boiling like a horrible boiling thing and it's sticky and humid and hot and yukky. I don't like being hot, my comp doesn't like being hot and I get hotter each time I have a cup of tea, water is too boring!

I demand someone does something about this!

Skusty
12-06-06, 17:13
Aye, we did't have a realday at school today, we were at some field, man i could scrape sweat of my back to fill a glass. And this is in Stockholm. But in times like these the only thing you can do is. Dance! :p

jini
12-06-06, 17:24
wtf is this? Weather has gone mad. It seems like reverted. In Greece, we are soaked/cold for near mid June. Not to mention cold. It's the exact opposite of what happened in Winter... strange

nobby
12-06-06, 17:40
The last heatwave...Didn't Mars come to pay us a visit?

Maybe the dear chum's come back?

Spermy
12-06-06, 17:45
The last heatwave...Didn't Mars come to pay us a visit?

Maybe the dear chum's come back?

We don't cross paths for a good while AFAIK.

Just the weather system thats knocking about, maybe there's a current somewhere thats not quite going/going too good...

too many things affect the weather to come up with a decent idea.

Enjoy it for now!

cRazy-
12-06-06, 17:50
It's too bloody hot!

London is boiling like a horrible boiling thing and it's sticky and humid and hot and yukky. I don't like being hot, my comp doesn't like being hot and I get hotter each time I have a cup of tea, water is too boring!

Iced Tea is the way forward my southern friend.

Dribble Joy
12-06-06, 17:51
But the milk will go all bleargh if I put it in the freezer!

jini
12-06-06, 17:58
there is also iced Freddo or Freddocinos if tea is boring

rob444
12-06-06, 18:06
Yeah pretty hot in some parts of sweden too, my gf which is pretty far up in sweden right now (where it's suposed to be a bit colder) is having real heat issues while I (pretty much south in sweden) got it comfortable :cool:

Tratos
12-06-06, 18:08
I hate it when it's too humid - i can stand the heat if im doing something decent such as a BBQ/drinking but when it's day to day life it's too bloody hot, i get too friging hot when its less than 10 degrees outside >_< never mind mid 20's.

Im not amused and neither is the PC! Somone bring me a good thunder storm to clear the air and a good english downpour after it to get the temperatures down - i'm not best pleased.

Before anyone says - it's my right as an englishman to complain about the weather, t'is what we're born to do.

rob444
12-06-06, 18:18
Yeah I've always wondered when the thunderstorms will come, it usually thunders at my dad's place, weather has really changed :/.

Cadgar
12-06-06, 18:33
I don't like being hot, my comp doesn't like being hot

screw your comp and go outside :wtf:
have fun with a short skirt, no panties wearing school girl. or maybe with a boy, whatever u like :lol:

Spermy
12-06-06, 18:41
But the milk will go all bleargh if I put it in the freezer!

8|

OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING HEATHEN!

Polluting tea like that.

For shame.

Tratos
12-06-06, 18:55
I had to go in the shower as i was far too hot - got better clothes for it now though, t-shirt and a pair of shorts, champion.

Also partially frozen milk is actually rather nice lol. Spermy, tea must have milk to be the win tbh.

MkVenner
12-06-06, 19:19
I'm loving it, bunking off college and spending the day down the park drinking Magners, playing football and sunbathing :p

Although I'm pretty sure I've gotten sunburn...

I'm glad I took the roof off my land rover last night :D

Tratos
12-06-06, 19:25
I'm glad I took the roof off my land rover last night :DThe ultimate convertable experience :p

MkVenner
12-06-06, 19:32
The ultimate convertable experience :p

Yeah, it's great, a) You don't get the roof creating a sound proof wall between the cabin and the boot (and your subs :p) when the roofs down. B) I can fold the windscreen down and make it totally topless. C) I can run a small minifridge in the back :D

Although the sides are pretty low in comparison to the seats in the back, I have to warn people in the back on tight turns or they go for a roll lol

RogerRamjet
12-06-06, 20:00
I went for a back ride.

The tar on the roads was sticking to my tires :eek:

And i keep waking up at 5 am thinking its time to get up, whats the deal!!!

Dribble Joy
12-06-06, 20:01
Tonight it's going to be about 18C, which is just.... uurrrgh....

Hell-demon
12-06-06, 20:12
I'm tanning!

ME!

I'm a freakin' vampire! :D

Brammers
12-06-06, 22:33
Anyone want to work where I am to? Too bloddy hot to do any coding! Don't mind coding when it's cooler in the evening.

And please no thunderstorms at 6.00AM. It's hard enough trying to sleep in this heat, without thunder going off as well!

..other than that, cue the sexy girls, shades, beer and the World cup. :cool:

unreal
12-06-06, 22:41
heh, I thought that was freaky too, was 05:15 for me though. I took one step out my back door and all I saw was a flash and "BANG". Lightning struck the tree just up the road, only knocked one of the branches off though, and at that very same time, it started to piss it down. Let's hope it happens again soon. :p

giga191
12-06-06, 23:07
ahhh it's nice n cool tonight and i got a fan sitting by my window blowing in air

Brammers
12-06-06, 23:49
I want one of these (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/5dee/) USB powered fans.

Skusty
13-06-06, 11:15
Man it's hot! Thank god the school today was only 35minuts. And i won a MX518 on bf2.se to! But il have to buy Armored Fury now. :p

RogerRamjet
13-06-06, 16:43
The weathers cooler today, thank fuck.

Dribble Joy
13-06-06, 16:46
I was really muggy and horrible up untill about 10 mins ago when it started to piss it down. Nice and (relatively) cool.

Mr Kot
14-06-06, 02:05
It's too bloody hot!

I get hotter each time I have a cup of tea, God, you sound so oooold! I love it :)

And as for tea... if you're so hot, why drink a hot drink? Ice cold beer ftw ;)

unreal
14-06-06, 02:09
Lucozade and Vodka with a tonne of ice FTW!

Rob01m
14-06-06, 03:10
So how hot is it over there?

When we get a heatwave where I live it's anywhere from 33C - 41C... and 90%+ humidity. :(

I bet most of us wouldn't even mind the heat if it weren't humid... like in a desert. Sure it's hot but its not sticky and crappy feeling.

Trillian
14-06-06, 05:23
You poor people from the UK.. what you guys think is hot we think is nice spring-like weather :p

pabz
14-06-06, 07:51
Listen to what Gunnar did:

His comp would crash due to overheating 3 times a night so he cursed, got his walled and bought a watercooling system, then spent 5 hours installing it.
After those five hours it turns out he somehow broke his 6800 videocard.
So now he's down 250 euros and has a broken pc, but hey, at least his watercooling works lol.

yavimaya
14-06-06, 07:53
It's too bloody hot!

lol onoz! london heat! thats what, 30?
Come to Aus. gets to 40-42 here... in the lower parts of the country....
Right now its too damn cold, 10-15. :(
My fingers would fall off if i didnt have my heater.

Robo - Your another one that should try Aus. in summer, temps about the same, but have have the dry heat you might like, ive never traveled overseas myself, but i have heard that many foreigners dont like our heat, cos its too dry, they say 30c feels like atleast 35c.

Cadgar
14-06-06, 08:32
its a difference to have that heat quiet often than have 30°celsius 2 weeks a year and 10-15°celsius the other 300+ days

giga191
14-06-06, 10:59
Listen to what Gunnar did:

His comp would crash due to overheating 3 times a night so he cursed, got his walled and bought a watercooling system, then spent 5 hours installing it.
After those five hours it turns out he somehow broke his 6800 videocard.
So now he's down 250 euros and has a broken pc, but hey, at least his watercooling works lol. zalman fan > spending too much on water cooling.

He must be really unlucky because my CPU fan fell off and caused my cpu to overheat, but the PC just turned itself off.

Dribble Joy
14-06-06, 11:28
10-15? Bloody 'ell, we complain about cold if it's under -10

but i have heard that many foreigners dont like our heat, cos its too dry, they say 30c feels like atleast 35c.
Dry heat is better than if it's really humid.
The UK is generally much colder than Oz, so we Pomms hate it when it's over about 25. I myself am particuarly intolerant of warm weather. I'm a winter person, I like it when there's frost and snow and it's below freezing.

My comp nearly died last week, the GFX card would turn itself off. Turned out I hadn't cleaned it for years, and the fan could bearly turn due to the amassed clumps of dust and fluff.

Saturday and Sunday didn't help as the USB ports decided to overheat and my mouse and other periferals would sporadicly stop working.

RogerRamjet
14-06-06, 11:34
Dry heat is better than if it's really humid.
The UK is generally much colder than Oz, so we Pomms hate it when it's over about 25. I myself am particuarly intolerant of warm weather. I'm a winter person, I like it when there's frost and snow and it's below freezing.

Same here. A nice dreary winters morning is my cup of tea.

Overcoats FTW!

Pantho
14-06-06, 12:10
I like nightime in summer kind,

Not warm , not cold

No fucking sunlight . :( :wtf: o_O 8| :cool: :lol: :mad: :( ;) :) :confused: :D O_o :o :rolleyes: :p :angel: :eek:

rob444
14-06-06, 12:43
It was 20c this morning when I woke up and it was freezing :/.

Skusty
14-06-06, 14:13
It was cooler today, 34celcious on the morning for me.

SorkZmok
14-06-06, 16:56
FUCKING HEAT IS SO KILLING ME.

Can't do anything, i'm too lazy to work, don't wanna play nc, i just sit around sweating.

I'm off in the garden to get high and drunk and i'm not gonna move anymore today. :lol:

sanityislost
14-06-06, 19:16
i told u all the sun was evil, but you didnt listen!!!

we need to block it out muahahahah >_<

SiL ..:..

Skusty
15-06-06, 12:08
...like Mr.Burns did in Simpsons? :p

nobby
15-06-06, 18:55
lol onoz! london heat! thats what, 30?
Come to Aus. gets to 40-42 here... in the lower parts of the country....

Isn't 10-15
NORMAL UK temperature ? :p

Tratos
15-06-06, 20:26
Isn't 10-15
NORMAL UK temperature ? :p
More than normal if you ask me. Temperatures around or below freezing dont bother me if it's not windy, the perfect weather is a cold windless day tbh :) - And it's still T-Shirt weather down at about 5 c :p

unreal
15-06-06, 20:29
I wear shirts even in winter, doesn't bother me. Apart from a coat, the last thing I wore with sleeves was about 5 years ago at school when I had to wear a jumper for a photograph. lol

RogerRamjet
15-06-06, 22:40
My mate went to Uni "darn sawf" and now he thinks its real cold up here.

What a dick.

Tratos
15-06-06, 22:53
My mate went to Uni "darn sawf" and now he thinks its real cold up here.

What a dick.
/signed :p

They have what? 2...3..degrees higher temperatures than us? lol

Dribble Joy
15-06-06, 23:55
The north (anything above swindon for me and my mates) is significantly colder. Of course we still wear coats down here, rather than t-shirts (is that really true? or just urban lagend? I remember a brilliant Vic and Bob sketch with them playing the Scott team to the south pole, with the northern team member (Shakleton?) in a shorts and t-shirt, with a can of stella. 'It's 40 below man! Aye, bit nippy ain't it')?

RogerRamjet
15-06-06, 23:58
Its true, most of the the time i dont even wear a coat when it snows, you get too warm.

Edit:- Although i am partial to some awful jumpers, as modelled here by Russel Mael of Sparks!

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/5713/auk90zc.jpg

Tratos
16-06-06, 00:36
Yes, us "northern monkeys" have quite the cold resistance :p and i think in my scale of thinking Roger is only just not classed as a southerner, lol.

RogerRamjet
16-06-06, 00:38
Yes, us "northern monkeys" have quite the cold resistance :p and i think in my scale of thinking Roger is only just not classed as a southerner, lol.

KOS IRL TBH BQQ ETC.

Skusty
16-06-06, 00:38
Man, it's 00:38 and i'm sweating here.

RogerRamjet
17-07-06, 18:38
Bloody 31 degrees here atm :( :(

I'm almost melting.

unreal
17-07-06, 18:43
Over here in Derbyshire where I am it's 32C at the moment. I just came out the shower, and my forehead is already dripping with sweat. I wipe it away and it instantly reappears. "oh noes, the vodka is trying to escape". lol

RogerRamjet
17-07-06, 18:44
Over here in Derbyshire where I am it's 32C at the moment. I just came out the shower, and my forehead is already dripping with sweat. I wipe it away and it instantly reappears. "oh noes, the vodka is trying to escape". lol

My suggestion is more vodka. Chilled though, with ice and perhaps some lemon.

Cadgar
17-07-06, 18:55
put your boxershorts in the freezer before you wear it. works fine :D

unreal
17-07-06, 19:40
My suggestion is more vodka. Chilled though, with ice and perhaps some lemon.heh, I have my own ice cube machine which makes a medium fridge-sized amount of ice cubes in 15mins, so ice cubes aren't a problem. :p I drink Vodka and Lucozade usually, and when I run out of Lucozade, I resort to mixing all sorts of random shit together. A few days ago I was drinking Vodka and Banana Milkshake, FTW! :D

A few weeks ago now I had almost nothing left apart from pure orange juice, and limes, so I had that with vodka. I found that orange juice and lime tastes like mint or at least it did at the time. Can't say I'm going to drink that again. lol

RusSki
17-07-06, 23:43
My suggestion is more vodka. Chilled though, with ice and perhaps some lemon.

My suggestion, put the vodka in the freezer. Wait till it begins to freeze and separate. Than just remove the alcohol and drink that. Blind drunk in one small glass.

nobby
18-07-06, 00:09
eugh......Must stay inside....with....computer!
:p

RusSki
18-07-06, 00:30
A few days ago I was drinking Vodka and Banana Milkshake, FTW! :D

Milk based alcoholic drinks are fantastic.

Since getting our smoothie maker, oh the fun we've had.
Milk + vodka + any fruit we can find.

Some ppl cant stomach it, but they're just weak! :p

ZoVoS
18-07-06, 01:08
roll on global warming... living in wales the weather is perfect... ahh i live just next to 4 beaches to YAY

Apocalypsox
18-07-06, 03:01
rawr fear teh global warmin...and i already live in a bloody desert. 110 degrees (Fahrenheit that is) and its still fawkin risin

unreal
18-07-06, 14:57
Milk based alcoholic drinks are fantastic.I know. :rolleyes: I was tempted to let a tub of Chocolate Ice Cream melt, and stick Vodka and chopped up Strawberries in it. I bought like 10 tubs of chocolate ice cream the other week, and surprisingly still have 8 left. Chocolate Ice Cream > all. lol :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5189734.stm
Monday's heat caused rail lines to buckle in the Midlands, while glass panels fell at a Newcastle bus station.AKA, someone kicked the window in. lol

Edit: WTF, only just saw the bit about schools closing. If only my school would have closed because of a little heat, god damn. Not that it mattered though, I was usually expelled and getting totally brainfucked during Summer anyway. heh

Tratos
18-07-06, 16:01
I'd love to know what this heat malarky is playing at!

Too hot ¬_¬ all the windows in my house are open to encourage a through draft, lol

Dribble Joy
18-07-06, 16:12
I was going to cycle to uni for computational ejoyment, but as I was sweating like mad just sitting there, even while drinking cold stuff, I thought bollocks to it and got the bus.

And I'm sweating even more now :(.

Hell-demon
18-07-06, 16:15
Im skinny, so due to my lack of body fat I don't get hot. However, being of the gothic persuasion, I wear alot of black.

Bugger

Dribble Joy
18-07-06, 16:23
I was going to wear the white t-shirt I was using yesterday, but it was all grimy after yummy red leister toasties... so now I am all hottified in my OTC green one.

RogerRamjet
18-07-06, 16:57
Tomorrow is gonna be 39 degrees apparently.

:(

landofcake
18-07-06, 17:04
You think you've got it bad ?!? I'm wearing a flesh jacket, and to top it off, CLICK2PAY's incompetance is making me more sweaty !!! but that's for another thread ...

John Bushido
18-07-06, 18:29
i replace any body fluid that i lost with beer

it helps....not always, but often :D

Tratos
18-07-06, 18:44
Im skinny, so due to my lack of body fat I don't get hot. However, being of the gothic persuasion, I wear alot of black.

Bugger
Im not of the gothis persuasion and all my t-shirts are black anyway pretty much, that or dark blue. Although im a fat bastard too.

I am teh warm, this does not please me - TO THE SWIMMING BATHS!

Roc-a-fella
18-07-06, 20:22
im 50% mexican, 50% chameleon... im supposed to be from a really hot area and adapt well but i must say once that sun starts beaming on me it starts cooking all the mexican grease on my body and i sweat a fair ammount. Being a albino mexican sucks.

ZoVoS
19-07-06, 02:20
well i have been to the beach for the last 3 days... and am going for the next 2..

I FINALY LEARNED HOW TO SWIM AFTER MANY YEARS (n my lady friends multiple attepts to drown me ofcorse)

mhmm the weather is butifull ^_^ its awsome when u have no resonsabilitys to live up to =] we are actualy takin a bbq and 3 cars to the beach tummorow and are gona crank up the subwoofers n blast out moooosic across the sands

LiL T
19-07-06, 02:50
LOL what a bunch of whiny bitches, this is not HOT ! it is warm yes and its nice, whine about when it hits 48 because you fucking DIE if it gets that hot.

Tratos
19-07-06, 08:38
Off to the beach today, i may take a garden spade and dig a massive hole to sit in - that should be nice and cool if i get deep enough :p lol

naimex
19-07-06, 08:50
Denmark is hot too.

25-35 degrees every day for a solid week now.

Asurmen Spec Op
19-07-06, 10:37
today was a high of 37C, just a normal temperature summer day for me.
though tomarrow is 30C, yay cool day :)

Redburn
19-07-06, 10:44
Hit 40c yesterday that was 4PM in the afternoon, we did get a storm roll thru which dropped the temp down to 25c.... As I say it's easier to get warm then to cool off.. come on winter!

Trillian
19-07-06, 14:05
The forcast of the weather today for where I live

"Sunny. Hot and humid. High 106 (41 c). Heat index 115."

Im going to move somewhere where it snows all the time.

Dribble Joy
19-07-06, 17:04
*Spaff!!!!*

Got me a fan. A biggun' too.

And I R got netage again. Pipex actually got my connection up and running quite fast....

THEY JUST FORGET TO TELL ME.

RogerRamjet
20-07-06, 12:31
Its overcast and rainy today, woot.

Tratos
20-07-06, 12:37
Well atleast i guess i had easdy access to being cold yesterday at the beach. As the North Sea is always fucking numb. Could hardly feel my hands and feet and my mate went bright purple.

Its overcast and has drizzled abit here today near Newcastle aswell - i might grab some beer and a book and go sit in the garden in the cool :p