http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3502375929069803475&q=crysis

Holy
shit.

J J
10-06-06, 21:55
Indeed. That looks damn sweet :)

rob444
10-06-06, 22:51
Nice, when will it come out on PC anyway? Any known system reqs yet?

Nidhogg
10-06-06, 23:24
Nice, when will it come out on PC anyway? Any known system reqs yet?
Windows Vista, for one.

N

aKe`cj
10-06-06, 23:31
and a silicon graphics workstation ... dont worry.. a small one - it'll fit through your door ...maybe :D

yavimaya
10-06-06, 23:32
hehe yea thats not too new anymore.
there are better quality versions out there too.
Check CrysisHQ.com and totalcry.com for alot more vids/ info... including possible system requirements - basically i have just over minimum now, on what is still a good machine - and system recommendations.

But yes, DX10 is needed, DX10 needs Vista, vista has been pushed back till next year.... apparently the game is almost ready to go. :(

rob444
10-06-06, 23:37
Damn Windows Vista and dx10! I want to play now :(.

Nidhogg
10-06-06, 23:38
Note that Microsoft have explicitly stated that DX10 will not be retrofitted to XP; it's very much Vista only.

N

cRazy-
10-06-06, 23:41
I cant imagine Crysis being ready just yet, from what I can see it looks like they will be making some changes and fixes. Even in the video there was one bug where he couldn't punch the enemy.

Sick
11-06-06, 01:04
yeh like behind the houses he ran up to that guy blew his head off, and the guy just kept kneeling there, perhaps something was propping him up but it looked mighty unrealistic..

the rest looks brilliant, like a movie, as he says...

but he's a cheating bitch with godmode on :P

aKe`cj
11-06-06, 02:00
the rest looks brilliant

I disagree... it's an impressive tech demo and the artwork is stunning .. but what I've seen of the gameplay so far looks all but revolutionary - in fact, rather dull.

Fero
11-06-06, 04:41
I had similar opinion formed.
Sounds good and looks great from a far ... but what will it be when i get my hands on it ? :)
One thing is an eye candy, other is a suspense of gameplay that makes you forget what time it is.

rob444
11-06-06, 10:10
Note that Microsoft have explicitly stated that DX10 will not be retrofitted to XP; it's very much Vista only.

N

Yeah one of microsoft's famous con in history tbh.

Zheo
11-06-06, 10:54
Windows Vista, for one.

N

General: FUCKING WINDOWS VISTA, GET BILL GATES IN HERE!!!

*Bill Gates Enters*

General: You told us Windows Vista would be faster, and powerful with better stability.

Bill Gates: It is faster over one millio.. *BANG BANG BANG*

Windows Vista is another way for mircosoft to screw you out of your money, you know like the xbox! I bet it costs (for full retail) £250 upwards, and to produce costs £25. Also I bet it has so many secruity issues it'll be a joke, because that is Mircosoft all over :D

As for the game, looks bloody cool but I bet you need £10,000 worth of computer components to play the bloody thing dispite their "system requirements".

yavimaya
11-06-06, 12:21
Bah Zheo, you obviously havent even seen Farcry, running the first Cryengine...
Was released in 2004, most of the games released today dont even look as good as FC, FC will also run on a piece of shit computer, so id say crysis will be fine on a lower end new gen comp, or high end this gen.

rob444
11-06-06, 12:34
We've still not seen how it performs in lowest quality, it's probably playable on a crappy machine I would say.

Rob01m
11-06-06, 16:54
Yeah one of microsoft's famous con in history tbh.

The only way to get DirectX 10 on Windows XP is to completely rewrite the operating system from the inside out... so essentially it would be a new OS anyways, and you blame them for wanting to make money off their hard work?

Hell-demon
11-06-06, 16:56
OMG! we can shoot down trees! Looks bollocks to be honest :rolleyes:

rob444
11-06-06, 17:05
The only way to get DirectX 10 on Windows XP is to completely rewrite the operating system from the inside out... so essentially it would be a new OS anyways, and you blame them for wanting to make money off their hard work?

No I dont blame them trying to make money out of their hard work, I blame them for forcing people to upgrade.

As it is now, games that requires vista, will come out shortly after Vista is being released, so Vista will be uber expensive to get, this is what's pissing me off. If game devs (like microsoft) could wait with their OS restrictions, say, at least 4-6 months, I wouldn't mind. They are obviously trying to drain as much money as possible out of your pockets and that is not fine by me.

Rob01m
11-06-06, 17:10
No I dont blame them trying to make money out of their hard work, I blame them for forcing people to upgrade.

As it is now, games that requires vista, will come out shortly after Vista is being released, so Vista will be uber expensive to get, this is what's pissing me off. If game devs (like microsoft) could wait with their OS restrictions, say, at least 4-6 months, I wouldn't mind. They are obviously trying to drain as much money as possible out of your pockets and that is not fine by me.

If you were a game developer, would you want to develop for the easier, more stable, and better looking/performing DirectX 10 or stick with DirectX 9? Remember, game makers want to make money, they want to suck you in as well. They will develop for the best out there simply because it will make their product look better than the competition.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind, unlike the previous versions of DirectX, 10 is NOT backward compatible with the others. The choice would be between 10 and 9 now, because developing for 9 also means it would support 9/8/7 etc.

Microsoft doesn't control the game makers, they don't force them to use DirectX 10. And as I said, you can't retrofit DirectX 10 to Windows XP, because essentially you'd either be making something like DirectX 9 again, or you'd be rewriting XP to be like Vista...

An operating system controls how all code interacts with your components. Vista is radically changing the interaction, and separating many calls from the kernal and core executions. As it is now, if something like the audio stack crashes... it takes down the whole OS with it. Viruses can latch right on and corrupt the whole system. Vista is trying to be written from the ground up to prevent all this, by making a smarter interaction between all subsystems. DirectX 10 requires these changes.

rob444
11-06-06, 17:31
If you were a game developer, would you want to develop for the easier, more stable, and better looking/performing DirectX 10 or stick with DirectX 9? Remember, game makers want to make money, they want to suck you in as well. They will develop for the best out there simply because it will make their product look better than the competition.

Yeah I'd love to use DX10, but if you said it was all about money, I would stick with DX9 because families and many other people wont upgrade their older Windows to Windows Vista just because it's new or because it got DX10. I also hardly believe that a 15 year old can convince their parents to upgrade their older windows to satisfy his gaming needs.

aKe`cj
11-06-06, 17:40
I also hardly believe that a 15 year old can convince their parents to upgrade their older windows to satisfy his gaming needs.

you... have ... no idea (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TTwgNhX4BSo) :D

rob444
11-06-06, 17:45
you... have ... no idea (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TTwgNhX4BSo) :D

rofl, yeah seen that one. That german kid got some serious problems :P

nellus
11-06-06, 18:05
Problems!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to be in a straight jacket in a padded cell.

Or he could go into politics :p

rob444
11-06-06, 18:23
Problems!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to be in a straight jacket in a padded cell.

Or he could go into politics :p

No we've had one too many of those already ;)

giga191
11-06-06, 21:03
OMG! we can shoot down trees! Looks bollocks to be honest :rolleyes: lol

people will spend 5 mins shooting down trees and then after that it will be pointless. devs need to really think about what actually makes games fun to play

n3m
11-06-06, 21:09
The game looks awesome. http://www.totalcry.com/sspadmin/albums/album1/lg/067.jpg

Let's just hope they squash the bugs before they bring it to the public.
Far Cry looked brilliant (still does actually), but the AI was simply terrible.
The storyline was a bit daft aswell.
As far as the demo looked, the gameplay was a bit 'shoot this, go there, stop that and be a hero'.
So it looks it's going the same way as Far Cry Imo. But still, I can't wait to play this.

I'm not too bothered with Microsoft having D10 bundled with Vista.
XP was a leap forward from Windows 98(se)/ME, even a small one from 2000.

By the way, I wonder how people would react to viruses and security issues in OSX or Linus if those were OS's with the largest userbase.

rob444
11-06-06, 21:11
The tree thingy is pretty cool I must say, not that it actually does something other than consuming resources, but it gives a more detailed environment. I've had another discussion about eyecandy and such things so I don't want to say too much, but let's just say I'm one of those who like nice graphics with very realistic environment and gameplay. I'm pretty sure I'll like this game :). I wonder what multiplayer is going to be like :>.

Scanner Darkly
11-06-06, 23:55
Looks good and hardware hungry

yavimaya
12-06-06, 00:00
N3m, the AI wasnt life like in FC like they are making out it will be in crysis, but it was still better than the AI in half-life2 etc, with guys just standing around to get killed.....

Also with the trees, sure its no great breakthrough, but its still innovation that other games will adopt, the funny thing is, you want "an interesting" game...
well if there is no move forward, how can they keep pumping out "interesting" games?

The other thing with the trees, is once they are cut, you should be able to switch to "strength" and pick the tree up, lay it on the road and watch the enemy jeep come flying around the corner and smash into it! fun times for all.

There is going to alot more to this game apparently than flashy graphics and breaking trees, for one... breaking almost everything.... and moving almost everything.

nobby
12-06-06, 00:47
I shot the tree outside with my BB gun...

Nope, damn..... It didn't fall over :(

Heavyporker
12-06-06, 05:26
Man.. the Crysis engine looks freaking gorgeous. The screenshot demo almost hit the zenith of photorealism.

I saw that remark about players shooting trees down for five minutes and then forgetting about it.

I disagree. Players may shoot trees down for fun for five minutes and then it gets a bit boring. However, the gameplay may make it crucial to shoot a couple trees down once in a while. Like....

Scenario 1: A squad of groundpounders on a dirt trail are bearing on your position up a woody hill. You might find it hard to shoot them all before they get there, so maybe you pull out a heavy weapon and blast a tree down whereupon it falls on the squad, either blocking them, scattering them, or killing them.

Scenario 2: You've got a sniper taking out your guys. You know he's in a tree, big and broad and leafy, but you don't have the time to wait for a muzzleflash to give him away, so you shoot the tree down, have the fall kill him.

Scenario 3: You're in a vehicle being pursued by some nasties, maybe one of them has an RPG. He pulls it out and aims it. You have only a second to react. Maybe you get lucky and you hit a stretch of trees by the road. Boom, you take one down with a grenade or heavy weapon and block the road or take their vehicle out with the tree's impact.

Do you guys get it now? It's just like exploding barrels and fire extinguishers years ago. Sure, it was great eye candy back then, but now they can be integral parts of the gameplay.

Do you guys fucking get it now? Don't bitch when game makers try to expand the scope of their repertoire of tools to create a game.

Asurmen Spec Op
12-06-06, 07:10
Must... kill... trees.....

slith
12-06-06, 07:20
Must... kill... trees.....Must... kill... flying... trees...

:p

tracid
12-06-06, 08:30
I have seen a similar vidz but in game and wooot :eek:

n3m
12-06-06, 11:02
N3m, the AI wasnt life like in FC like they are making out it will be in crysis, but it was still better than the AI in half-life2 etc, with guys just standing around to get killed.....

Also with the trees, sure its no great breakthrough, but its still innovation that other games will adopt, the funny thing is, you want "an interesting" game...
well if there is no move forward, how can they keep pumping out "interesting" games?

The other thing with the trees, is once they are cut, you should be able to switch to "strength" and pick the tree up, lay it on the road and watch the enemy jeep come flying around the corner and smash into it! fun times for all.

There is going to alot more to this game apparently than flashy graphics and breaking trees, for one... breaking almost everything.... and moving almost everything.
Yeah I hope so, I was really dissapointed by HL2 after they said there would be no scipted AI,
they'd do numerous stuff like hide and stuff like that.
But in the game they don't any of that except for the scipted ones..
So I think we'll have to wait and see 'till we can actually play the game, and see for ourselves.
But like I said, despite all the reservations I have, I still can't wait for this game.

Heavyporker
17-06-06, 18:08
Yo guys. Apparently a new trailer out for Crysis.

http://digg.com/gaming/Amazing_NEW_in-game_Crysis_footage._(14_min_video (http://digg.com/gaming/Amazing_NEW_in-game_Crysis_footage._%2814_min_video%29)) (http://digg.com/gaming/Amazing_NEW_in-game_Crysis_footage._%2814_min_video%29)

You know, maybe Neocron 3 should be done on the Crysis engine. Heh heh... :cool:

Terayon
17-06-06, 22:16
You can do alot more then shoot down trees :P. Go find a real trailer and you'll know.

Ya heavyporker found a good one.

giga191
17-06-06, 22:42
argghhhh a virus :( :( :(

EDIT: grrr you fucking noob, that's the video that crazy posted at the start :mad:

aKe`cj
17-06-06, 22:58
argghhhh a virus :( :( :(

EDIT: grrr you fucking noob, that's the video that crazy posted at the start :mad:

thats what I just thought ... :rolleyes:

Heavyporker
17-06-06, 23:07
Really? I thought it was new. Found it on the front page of Digg this morning.

Well, fucking amazing anyway.

aKe`cj
17-06-06, 23:14
yeah well.. as I said... so far it looks like a nice tech demo ... but what really keeps me wainting is BIOSHOCK .. that game aims for a merger of deus-ex and systemshock2 gameplay. Looks very promising so far and certainly a nice SP Game with some NC flair to it ... cant wait for it to hit the shelves.

rob444
17-06-06, 23:24
Yo guys. Apparently a new trailer out for Crysis.

http://digg.com/gaming/Amazing_NEW_in-game_Crysis_footage._(14_min_video (http://digg.com/gaming/Amazing_NEW_in-game_Crysis_footage._%2814_min_video%29)) (http://digg.com/gaming/Amazing_NEW_in-game_Crysis_footage._%2814_min_video%29)

You know, maybe Neocron 3 should be done on the Crysis engine. Heh heh... :cool:

Grr, that was the exact "trailer" crazy_ had posted in the first post >_<.

yavimaya
18-06-06, 00:36
Yeah I hope so, I was really dissapointed by HL2 after they said there would be no scipted AI,
they'd do numerous stuff like hide and stuff like that.
But in the game they don't any of that except for the scipted ones..
So I think we'll have to wait and see 'till we can actually play the game, and see for ourselves.
But like I said, despite all the reservations I have, I still can't wait for this game.

hehe yea, FC and NC are the only 2 games i play, and i map for FC, so i guess im kind of a FC fanboy, so im expecting wicked things from Crysis.

Terayon
18-06-06, 00:51
I didnt bother checking becouse i thought people would have absorbed more from it then "shoot tree, tree fall".

yavimaya
18-06-06, 01:03
I didnt bother checking becouse i thought people would have absorbed more from it then "shoot tree, tree fall".

Thats it, we have innovation here and noone seems to appreciate it.

aKe`cj
18-06-06, 01:20
Thats it, we have innovation here and noone seems to appreciate it.

more physics is not innovation.. it's the only logical step to take seeing how the consumer systems get ever more powerful and are actually capable of handling complex physics. This is neither new or innovation.. it's just more of what we've seen in the past. C&C was innovation, Half-Life was innovation, Deus-Ex I was innovation ...heck NC was more innovative than what I've seen of Crysis so far. :rolleyes:

slith
18-06-06, 01:25
more physics is not innovation.. it's the only logical step to take seeing how the consumer systems get ever more powerful and are actually capable of handling complex physics. This is neither new or innovation.. it's just more of what we've seen in the past. C&C was innovation, Half-Life was innovation, Deus-Ex I was innovation ...heck NC was more innovative than what I've seen of Crysis so far. :rolleyes:1, 2, 3 is there already, and I add 4, now I'm innovative :p

Warren Spector > all.

Asurmen Spec Op
18-06-06, 08:31
But.... trees!

Apocalypsox
18-06-06, 23:42
DAMN

that looks sweet...too bad i dont think my shitbox will ever play it. :D

Dribble Joy
18-06-06, 23:51
So..... I will never get to play any dx10 game on Win 2k?

giga191
19-06-06, 00:12
So..... I will never get to play any dx10 game on Win 2k? i'm still waiting for a good dx9 game apart from bf2

Terayon
19-06-06, 00:16
i'm still waiting for a good dx9 game apart from bf2

There's tons of good dx9 games. To name one, fear.

And you know im not saying crysis is going to be revolutionary, but it will definitly be good.

Heavyporker
19-06-06, 00:26
So is KK going to hold off upgrading graphics in the game until Direct 11x comes out?

Heh heh... Dx7... Dx9... you get the drift.

Apocalypsox
19-06-06, 01:28
So is KK going to hold off upgrading graphics in the game until Direct 11x comes out?

Heh heh... Dx7... Dx9... you get the drift.

all hail porkers never-ending knowledge, and predicting skillz!

Rob01m
19-06-06, 05:55
So..... I will never get to play any dx10 game on Win 2k?

If the game wasn't coded to run in DX9 mode as well, then no.

DirectX 10 only shares the name, it's completely separate from DX9/8/7 etc that share compatibility. Vista itself will have a DX10 module and a DX9/8/7/etc module (module isn't the best term, but you get the idea). It requires the changes made in Vista, and couldn't possibly be converted to run on XP/2000/NT.

Koshinn
19-06-06, 05:57
The game looks awesome. http://www.totalcry.com/sspadmin/albums/album1/lg/067.jpg

Hm.. that looks like hawaii.