PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] My spider idea.

Skusty
10-06-06, 14:47
Well i got to thinking about this with spiders, then, why not introduce that if you don't visit your apartments on a while it will spawn spiders and stuff. And the longer time you don't visit it the spiders raise in lvls.

And maybe some beggars outside the door. It would be very cool and not to hard to make either like 1week without have ben in the apartment (no none has zoned in or out there) it will spawn 2/2 spider here and there like if they came from the walls, then like 1month 30/30 spiders etc. It would be pretty realistic like if you don't use or move your bike on a while it will grow spider net on it.

Well? Just me?

unreal
10-06-06, 14:56
heh, I have my windows open pretty much 24/7 and everyday or two there's always a new spider web from the windowsill to the window handle. It might be a bit of fun but this is another one of the things that isn't really important at the moment... I'd rather they got their finger out and released the upcoming patch and spent time doing things that are higher on the agenda. :)

rob444
10-06-06, 14:57
Sounds like a cool idea, I bet my apartment would be crawling with vermin if they had already implented this ;). Don't know about the beggars though, since they dont know your pass how did they got up there? :P.

Pantho
10-06-06, 15:46
Sounds like a cool idea, I bet my apartment would be crawling with vermin if they had already implented this ;). Don't know about the beggars though, since they dont know your pass how did they got up there? :P.

And Squatters dont got Keys!

Jodo
10-06-06, 17:17
Yeah, that would be good. Noobs visit their apartments enough that it wouldn't be a problem for them so that’s fine. I don't know how awkward it'd be to get them to spawn after a period of inactivity though. I don't think anything else has that parameter so it might go all wrong.
Spiders and Rats should be throughout DoY though. It's a shithole and perfect for increased vermin population. The abandoned sectors should have them at least.

tarasm
11-06-06, 18:01
Hacker Beggars w00t,Jking,I would be funny if you didnt visit for like 2 months you would have a Warbot in there! :)

nellus
11-06-06, 18:07
I like the sound of it. Dont know how hard it would be to implement.

Imagine going back to a chars starter apartment 2 years after you bought it a plaza level 3 apt to find a gentoxic nightmare crouching in the hall :p

SnowCrash
12-06-06, 11:26
Sounds like a great idea but unfortunately it is technically not possible. The Neocron 2 apartment system is a very critical part of the game and any changes could create unforseen side effects.

rob444
12-06-06, 11:48
Sounds like a great idea but unfortunately it is technically not possible. The Neocron 2 apartment system is a very critical part of the game and any changes could create unforseen side effects.

So err, why is it even possible for us to create dynamical items in our apartments and many of us have seen gms spawn npcs inside apartments, what's the difference here? :/

EDIT: I see a problem with AI calculations but they wont need to be active when there is no one around.

Tratos
12-06-06, 16:38
I think it's the way the load balancing on the server works since appartment zones - and infact all zones - are dropped from the server load when they're inactive making life alot easier for the server - i think it this was added it would cause a huge amount of stress for the server as it would have to visit some zones it loads once in a blue moon frequently top up or add spiders as well as keep a record of which appartments have what and how many spiders and how long each appartment hasnt been active for on top of all the items and addiional furniture and any belts left in the place.

Although i could be talking bollocks :) great idea though would be a cool little feature.

Skusty
12-06-06, 16:45
Well, how did they do the TH turrets in the Apartments if you had visited TechHaven in Hacknet? If it's risky to do this. :confused: