PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Spiders

Jodo
10-06-06, 01:00
Just a quick thought. Why can't we have spiders that can climb walls and ceilings? It won't make much of a difference to most of us but being a noob in the sewers with spiders dropping onto you would be cool. It must be possible. We have flying mobs already and they have a full sphere of movement so why not give spiders up & down too? It'd be great to see an outpost or other building covered in them.
Dunno if this has been mentioned or toyed with before but it's something I've wanted to see for a while.
The sewers need something different to them too cos rat missions are boring and noobs will lose interest fast. Even an NPC that will supply medikits and stamina/psi boosters in exchange for some crap, like 20 chitin and 10 poison glands, would give the sewers more of an achievement factor.

cRazy-
10-06-06, 01:11
Spiders going up walls would increase the excitement for me by about 0.2%.

Tbh if it did happen I can imagine a ton of bugs coming with it (no pun intended), Spiders etc in the Sewers already manage to walk through walls and magically dissapear so I dread to think what would happen if it was changed so they could walk on walls.

Jodo
10-06-06, 02:55
As I said, for most of us it'll make no difference, it's to make things more interesting for noobs. Sewer flies don't cause any problems and they can move in any direction, spiders moving up and down should be fine.

yuuki
10-06-06, 03:00
tbh i think it's much easier to implement to let something fly around where it likes to than making a mob climb some walls and stuff

Jodo
10-06-06, 03:03
Possibly yeah, I have been thinking about that. They could at least drop down from the ceiling via a web though. Most rooms in the sewer could hide up to the Fierce spider size in the ceiling.

rob444
10-06-06, 12:38
It's a pretty nice idea. Well they could make them spawn in the ceiling, so no need to worry if they are going to climb the walls or not...

Skusty
10-06-06, 14:41
Yeah. Just change the Physics on spiders so they can walk on the walls.

vices
19-06-06, 18:19
Afaik no monster can tilt (e.q. an hill), talk about them being upside down..
Now in my opinion implementing something like this is utter waste of time and resources :o :o

Jodo
19-06-06, 23:41
So is having vegitation in the wastes but it's a nice touch and attention to detail that makes a game better and more immersible even though it can cause crap FPS.

slith
20-06-06, 07:36
:lol:
I just imagined a Spider Queen walking on the 'airbox' in oz3.

Apocalypsox
20-06-06, 07:55
would be amazingly cool, but will never happen with NCs current engine sadly.

Spermy
20-06-06, 09:44
On the vein of newbie experience though, More NPC generated missions would be good. How easy would it be to make a chain of missions, Kill 10 Poisonous spiders, check an environment control panel, kill 15 rat, collect various junk drops from them for a final mission, the reward being a stack of drugs ( a good way to introduce newbies to em)

A bit of experience along the way, and something a little better than just running citycoms all day.

Same goes for aggies, why not get a chain going there, culminating in killing off a special aggy, for a weapon/psi mod?

Pantho
20-06-06, 11:04
heh, IMO ,Drugs killed part of neocron.... No drug Viable Judge PE's :(

Spies with Shelters, i mean i really dont think KK Wanted Spies to use shelters , and PE's to use Hazard Resist 1, and Gaya Gloves.

I Remember my NC1 times :), My shitty spie who died to 1 fire apoc :lol:

And my shitty PE, who zoomed around on his Scorp trike and Combat hovertech, killing ppl :lol: