PDA

View Full Version : [OT] World Cup 2006

Pages : [1] 2

Brammers
09-06-06, 11:38
It all kicks off today! I'm going to be watching quiet a few matches, and I'll be down the pub to back England.

So who want's to edge their bets in - England to lift the cup in 4 weeks time. ;)

P.S. Does anyone remember what the tune from the 2002 World Cup is called that was used in the Coca Cola adverts?

Mighty Max
09-06-06, 12:04
I think england is "fast", and will be finished with cup in 3 weeks already *eg*

Finals with Brasilia and Germany, result: 1:2

(got no clue actually, is that even possible, or do both meet earlier ?)

RogerRamjet
09-06-06, 12:06
Ive put my money on Germany. They always have a good team, and obviously plaing at home may help.

To be honest, i really do not think Englands team is any good, i mean, Rio Ferdinand is in it, the guy who always drops people in the shit by making school boys errors with comediatic timing.

Jipz
09-06-06, 12:21
France has a good team now with Henry,Riberry,Abidal,Ziddane...
For me it will be France and brasilia :3.2

slith
09-06-06, 12:22
Finals with Brasilia and Germany, result: 1:2Not sure about that... Germanys team is at a low point atm... broken trainings and so on...

Brammers
09-06-06, 12:27
Finals with Brasilia and Germany, result: 1:2

(got no clue actually, is that even possible, or do both meet earlier ?)

Brazil and Germany can meet in the Final if they both win their groups or if they are both finish 2nd in their groups. If one side finishes 2nd and the other side finishes 1st in their groups, they will meet in the Semi Finals.

yuuki
09-06-06, 12:52
Brazil and Germany can meet in the Final if they both win their groups or if they are both finish 2nd in their groups. If one side finishes 2nd and the other side finishes 1st in their groups, they will meet in the Semi Finals.

if germany reaches them tbh :lol:

RogerRamjet
09-06-06, 14:03
Do the German team have bad hair cuts this year?

Mighty Max
09-06-06, 14:14
Yes, Scare the opponent and win the cup!

:edit: 0340 hours left

Sick
09-06-06, 14:20

but not cisse :P

when i saw his leg snap i cringed but couldnt look away as it bent the wrong way haha, then i watched it again... :D

Dribble Joy
09-06-06, 14:23
England won't make it out of this current grouping. Number 2 seed my arse, we'll be back in blighty inside two weeks.

SnowCrash
09-06-06, 14:28
As Dirk Wilhelmy already said: "Germany needs a fourth star on their jersey!" So we will make it! :p

CMaster
09-06-06, 14:55

France had an excellent team last world cup. They failed to score a single goal. We'll see - I can't imagine there wil be as many upsets as Japan/Korea 2002 though.

yuuki
09-06-06, 14:59
germany never had a good team in the last 16 years and won games nonetheless :p

sl33py
09-06-06, 15:10
Belgium will ....

oh right...

we will drink beer and watch Brazil take the cup

lazy ass Belgian 'pro' players :rolleyes:

Mighty Max
09-06-06, 15:13
Belgium will ....

Haha! Even your orange crazy neighbour made it in this time ...

sl33py
09-06-06, 15:17
Haha! Even your orange crazy neighbour made it in this time ...
watch it, I know where you live :p

Galileo
09-06-06, 15:22
I had a flutter on Italy - You just can't rule the buggers out of any game.

But I'll be here, in America, watching my England and feeling homesick.

The match starts at 8:00 am Saturday for me - Too early to get lashed?

Dribble Joy
09-06-06, 15:58
It's NEVER too early for beer.

rob444
09-06-06, 16:38
Men running around in funky colors kicking a sphere. Hmm, where is the intelligence? :wtf:

Jodo
09-06-06, 16:55
I had a flutter on Italy - You just can't rule the buggers out of any game.

But I'll be here, in America, watching my England and feeling homesick.

If you're here in spirit then make sure the spirits are in you. :D
Never too early when its you team.

gamefreak
09-06-06, 17:06
man, that opening was embarassing 8|

edit @ KK:
What about a little bet: If Germany wins vs Costa Rica you ll give us another content spoiler for the patch?

yuuki
09-06-06, 17:12
what an opening ceremony :lol:
didn't know the worldcup was hosted by bavaria O_o

well btw the german captain isn't plarticipating in any of the matches 8|

Tratos
09-06-06, 17:19
Im off down rhe pub shortly to watch tonight's matches :D

Mr Kot
09-06-06, 19:15
If by fluke England make it past the first round, we'll get shafted on penalties as usual.

The result will only be as good as the bribe offered to the referee. 1998 - we score - disallowed - we lose. 1986 - opposition score with a fucking HAND - allowed - we lose. Go figure.

unreal
09-06-06, 19:19
I feel sorry for that old biddy on the News (mega England fan) that has already bought tickets for the final and other matches. You'd get a better view from a widescreen TV in the pub drinking Cider. :p

DayWalker
09-06-06, 19:46
I'm german and i hope we will win the WM... but i'm realist, i bet 15 € on England (a bet with some friends).

Clobber
09-06-06, 20:00
lol @ people saying Germany.

England are goin to do it this time.

Cadgar
09-06-06, 20:03
in your face costa rica IN YOUR FACE !

and england will not win anything.

Sweden and Paraguay will pwn them :p

Clobber
09-06-06, 20:07
in your face costa rica IN YOUR FACE !

and england will not win anything.

Sweden and Paraguay will pwn them :p

If I was German I would be pretty pissed off maybe ashamed of that result. :lol:

yuuki
09-06-06, 20:10
if you were german you would know why you should be happy with it :p

aKe`cj
09-06-06, 20:12
If I was German I would be pretty pissed off maybe ashamed of that result. :lol:

hard to say really... costa rica wasnt a true opponent - let's wait for wednesday (germany vs poland). That's where we'll see if the german team will manage to get somewhere or not... against costa rica they didnt have to push themselves tbh - although the german defense (what defense?) was akward 8|

Cadgar
09-06-06, 20:15
i remember england loosing against northern ireland in the qualification dont tell me something about shame ;)

and indeed the germans should change keepers

RusSki
09-06-06, 20:21
Germany had a decent game, great first goal.
I hoped costa rica was gonna make a game of it, they almost did, but never mind.
Its ENG.... ERRRR....LAND tomorrow (where did that ERRR come from?) which i'm sure my fellow country men will be watching :)

Best of luck to everyone and their home nations. I love the world cup because its a great event for the world. We all (well football fans and patriots, hehe) get to see quality football.
I cant wait.

NAPPER
09-06-06, 20:22
omg 4-2 to germany
my bad

RusSki
09-06-06, 20:24
BTW it was 4 - 2 to germany :p Never discount the home nation.
They have got to the last 4 or 2 teams too many times.

DayWalker
09-06-06, 20:25
it's ger 4:2 crc, not 3:1

unreal
09-06-06, 20:30
England playing tomorrow. :p Whenever I say the word England in my head, I always think of Sean Bean saying "For England, James" in Goldeneye. lol

MkVenner
09-06-06, 20:30
England all the way baby :p

And if not England, I'm liking a bit of Portugal :D

You might think I'm just saying it, but Germany really aren't on form this year in my opinion...

Dribble Joy
09-06-06, 20:46
German defence was iffy, mid field appeared solid, but with CRC's experience it may show up a lot more.

RogerRamjet
09-06-06, 20:57
German defence was iffy, mid field appeared solid, but with CRC's experience it may show up a lot more.

If the German defence plays like that against a good team, they'll get torn to shreds.

But like ive said, the German footy team is wierd, has a machine-like mentality lol.

yuuki
09-06-06, 21:03
ya, defence sucked big time in this game, tho i liked the more offensive playstyle they now have (compared to the 90s )
i think they tried the offside trap a lil too hard :p

RogerRamjet
09-06-06, 21:06
The referee made some excellent decisions regarding the offside trap, kudos to him.

NAPPER
09-06-06, 21:26
England playing tomorrow. :p Whenever I say the word England in my head, I always think of Sean Bean saying "For England, James" in Goldeneye. lol

ermmmmmmmmmmm ok lol

Brammers
09-06-06, 23:33
hard to say really... costa rica wasnt a true opponent - let's wait for wednesday (germany vs poland). That's where we'll see if the german team will manage to get somewhere or not... against costa rica they didnt have to push themselves tbh - although the german defense (what defense?) was akward 8|

Well since Poland lost to Ecuador 2-0 I'm not sure about Poland atm. Still the opening 4-2 game from Germany and Costa Rica was a great game for goals! ;)

awkward silence
10-06-06, 01:29

Its awkward!

aKe`cj
10-06-06, 02:40
Its awkward!

heh.. it's a foreign language to me - you speak german the way I speak english and then you're fine to make them calls :p

btw... you underlined the wrong w :D

- concerning Poland: I think they underestimated Ecuador by far .. and I think they'll manage to recover. Still expecting a tough match.

Jodo
10-06-06, 03:00
I agree. Poland won't win anything but they are capable of knocking out some good teams. They'll be fired up for the Germany game and will be looking to take advantage of any of the poor defending we witnessed.
I hope England aren't as laid back tomorrow.

Tratos
10-06-06, 10:13
Not long untill the England match :D going to another pub to watch this one, lol

C'mon teh ENG ERR LAND!

Apshai
10-06-06, 12:29
lehhhts gohhh Englahhhnd shaa laahh laahh laaaahhh laaaahhhhhh

the 3 lions gonna win 2 - 0

i bet the fans gonna turn the commerzbank-arena into highbury today :)

Clobber
10-06-06, 12:32
i bet the fans gonna turn the commerzbank-arena into highbury today :)

You mean no atmosphere ? O_o

Apshai
10-06-06, 13:26
You mean no atmosphere ? O_o

ok whats your favorite ?

unreal
10-06-06, 13:33
Come on Engrishland. :) We're probably gonna be screwed over by the heat though. Way too hot at the moment. :p

unreal
10-06-06, 14:59
England are about to kick off (20secs from now). Fingers crossed :) I'm sweating just by sitting here in the shade... damn weather. Thankfully part of the roof is making a big shady area in the middle of the pitch. :p

unreal
10-06-06, 15:03
hahaha owned, goal by Beckham (sort of) at 3mins from kickoff.

NAPPER
10-06-06, 16:55
come on ENGLAND thats 3 points in the bag

aKe`cj
10-06-06, 16:58
come on ENGLAND thats 3 points in the bag

not well earned tho' :)

Jodo
10-06-06, 17:08
No, we looked tired in the second half but we did enough when Paraguay attacked. I thought the defence did well. Joe Cole held onto the ball too long on a few occasions and Gerrard doesn't seem acquainted with the new 50p ball that FIFA have issued. It was a mistake to take Owen off, Crouch was shite on his own.

unreal
10-06-06, 17:13
Yeah, I think that's mostly because Crouch is a lanky bar steward. lol Silly substitutions seem to happen in every England match, but looking on the bright sight, Owen doesn't have any injuries now, I guess they decided to save him for the next match, same reason Shrek wasn't playing. First half started well and England played well till the end of the 49mins. Second half started off crap by England, obviously the 30C heat had a big effect on them. Lampard was top notch. :)

CMaster
10-06-06, 17:17
Bleh. Thats the second half England that will get knocked out in the second round. I can't say I believe tiredness was any explanation for the way they played there.

Jodo
10-06-06, 17:20
I wouldn't risk Rooney this early though, he's only just started to train properly. Sven said that taking Owen off was a tactical decision. :wtf: We were even worse after he left cos there was no real attacking ability.

unreal
10-06-06, 17:26
His name isn't Rooney, it's Shrek damnit. :p

NAPPER
10-06-06, 17:29
one of the reason where the ref wouldnt let the players get a drink

Brammers
10-06-06, 21:30
hahaha owned, goal by Beckham (sort of) at 3mins from kickoff.

/set england_manager_mode 1

It was a home goal. Ok 3 points in the bag for England but thats wasn't a good performance from our side.

..and by luck the Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago was a 0-0 score, meaning we are top of the table. I was expecting that game to be 2-0 meaning England would be 2nd in table on goal difference.

unreal
10-06-06, 21:43
I know it was, which is why I put "sort of" in brackets. It was on target for being a goal without hitting him, as the commentators/other footballers agreed. It only just scimmed the guys head. Their goalie was crap, and pretended to be injured straight after the goal so he could be subbed and avoid further embarassment. The first half was a decent performance by England, they had pretty much total control of the ball, and played things the way they wanted, at the speed they wanted (because of the heat). The second half is where they went downhill.

If you could do a better performance at a temperature of 30C maybe you should join England. ;)

Cadgar
10-06-06, 22:05
If you could do a better performance at a temperature of 30C maybe you should join England. ;)

i would, but i dont want to play in a team that only can win a world cup with a goal that never were one :lol:

cRazy-
10-06-06, 22:07
I think that Ref was rediculous, its matches like that when I wonder if Mr Kot is actually right :rolleyes:

Mr Kot
10-06-06, 22:16
I'm always right ;)

aKe`cj
12-06-06, 17:20
3:1

Yay! :D

Brammers
12-06-06, 17:26

I thought that game (Australia Vs Japan) was going to be 1-0 to Japan, but someone here at work got very excited by the equaliser and the two late goals.

I think he's planning on holding a celebration BBQ later today! ;)

gamefreak
12-06-06, 17:31
at the first austalian goal i was looking like this 8|
after the game somehow like this :eek: i think

sl33py
13-06-06, 10:07
at the first austalian goal i was looking like this 8|
after the game somehow like this :eek: i think

same here

Brammers
14-06-06, 11:28
Well last nights Brazil vs Croatia (1-0) match was a bit poor from the Brazil side, but nearly everyone's opening game has been poor.

Tonight's match Germany Vs Poland should be a cracker, as Poland really need to win the match it to stand a chance of staying in the contest.

RogerRamjet
14-06-06, 11:38
To be fair, either Brazil played shit, or Crotia played real well.

Im going with the second one.

pabz
14-06-06, 22:04
I have to thank ronaldo for his effort in that game.

aKe`cj
14-06-06, 22:52
1:0

Mighty Max
14-06-06, 22:54
1:0

only :/

;)

aKe`cj
14-06-06, 23:09
only :/

;)

yeah ... arschknapp tbh. :p

giga191
14-06-06, 23:13
i'm not gonna support england with rooney playing...

aKe`cj
14-06-06, 23:28
i'm not gonna support england with rooney playing...

careful there giga... PETA might try to run a campaign against you for that statement :D

gamefreak
14-06-06, 23:34
hm, i still don t know if i shall go to the city tomorrow with 40000 drunk englishmen without ticket arround :confused:

Apshai
15-06-06, 01:25
TnT wins :)

England - Trinidad and Tobago 1:2

Pantho
15-06-06, 02:35
In the evil spirit of 2morow, i did my sig

Brammers
15-06-06, 16:34
In the evil spirit of 2morow, i did my sig

*Looks at the ban functions on the THN vent server* :p

Time to drink and cheer on England, and Rooney is fit to play! (TBH I think he needs a bit more training)

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 16:45
[ Signature removed for violation of the forum rules - Nidhogg ] No problem with the content, just the height.

N

Pantho
15-06-06, 16:58
No problem with the content, just the height.

N

Thats just mean

ok... England :O

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 17:08
Try again. Please read the rules regarding sigs this time. ;)

N

unreal
15-06-06, 18:01
5pm and it just kicked off. I'm off to the pub. England FTW, I hope. :D

Love the commentary to begin with... "It's tea time in England" lol

Cadgar
15-06-06, 19:52
ok... it was a victory, but seriously england f*ckin sucks.
no way they get in the quarterfinals.
i mean, beckham, rooney, owen. with these names there should be more possible than a 2:0 over trinidad and a 0:0 against paraguay (own goals does not count :p)

http://www.activedistribution.org/images/badges/361-england-flag.gif

unreal
15-06-06, 20:05
I only have one thing to say to you Cadger... Gerrard scored a top notch goal, I still think Crouch is a lanky bar steward. lol

and your signature is too high! :p

Jodo
15-06-06, 20:15
Trinidad & Tobago were defending with 8 players for nearly all of that game. It was just a matter of time before we broke them down. We didn't play as well as we can but that just means we'll get better as we go on. We didn't need injury time to win it either. :D

Mighty Max
15-06-06, 20:22
Trinidad & Tobago were defending with 8 players for nearly all of that game. It was just a matter of time before we broke them down. We didn't play as well as we can but that just means we'll get better as we go on. We didn't need injury time to win it either. :D

tbh, T&T was unexpected strong as well on the defense as on the offensive. There was a good chunk of luck involved in the last 10 mins. T&T had good chances to score

Dribble Joy
15-06-06, 21:21
England were shite, they played into T&T's plan perfectly. They didn't break up their defences, they wasted time setting up passes and shots, all which just made T&T's defence all that easier, only towards the end did they realise that they had to bring the pace up.

We play either Germany or Ecuador in the next round. Can't say much about Ecuador, but I think Germany will spank us, even with their lack-lustre defence.

Nidhogg
15-06-06, 21:34
Played 2, won 2. Result? Crucifixion!

N

Dribble Joy
15-06-06, 21:38
Played 2, won 2. Result? Crucifixion!

N
Absolutely!

If they keep playing like this we won't make it to the quarters, let alone the final.

Not that I had any hope in England from the start, they have the players, but not the team work.

StevenJ
15-06-06, 22:54
Today England were able to adapt to a playstyle that was equaling them.

After 60 minutes, Sven changed some stuff, and we started playing much better, and the game became exciting. We've always known that Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand and Owen are world class (and Carragher... but that's a different debate.) Today, Sven too played his part and showed that, (when he gets it right!) he's actually a fine tinkerman.

Had Crouch scored in the first half, and Gerrard scored in the second, then it would be all good. That is the nature of scoring goals - it's all about getting x chances and scoring a fraction of those chances. I don't care (maybe my cardiologist does) when those goals come, so long as they do, every 90 minutes... things that are statistical by nature do that kind of crap to us.

Quite the opposite of what happened against Paraguay, but yeah... ahem. Let's ignore that for now :angel:

It was good to see Gerrard finally get the measure of the new ball today too - he actually scored! I was thinking he was a little over-eager to score one of his trademark cannonball shots from outside the box, and kept on blasting them over - but if by doing that he'll score one every two games, hell, he can carry on for all I care!

T&T did well against Sweden, with 10 men. Sweden are certainly not a pushover. Doesn't that show T&T doing something right defensively? Yet England still scored two past them once they got their measure.

I was pleased by this result. Much more than the Paraguay result.

It's not all positives, but hell - that's what I'm concentrating on right now. Rose tinted glasses? You bet! This is the World Cup, what's wrong with that? All I'm doing is offering another way to look at this.

To all the nay-sayers, would you fear (uhoh, sorry KK) Germany, who got a goal in the last minutes of their last match?

If you believe that England played badly, then this is clichéd, but true - it's a hallmark of a good team when they play badly and still win. And we have qualified for the next stage with 33% of our games left.

Edit: 40th post, and a friend just told me that he'd like to create a mirror of a world cup final 40 years ago... it's an omen I tells ya!

Brammers
15-06-06, 23:19
T&T Defended very well, I give and respect them for that!

Still a 2-0 result for England, means we qualify for the next round. ;)

Skusty
15-06-06, 23:19
Sweden won 1-0 against Paraguay.

Apshai
15-06-06, 23:22

ya :(

MkVenner
16-06-06, 00:28

Yeah, watched them both down the pub, both pretty good matches.

Although he scored, I still think Crouch is utter SHITE, the amount of perfect crosses Beckham put in that Crouch fucked up is dismal, and Lampard was a bit of a let down. John Terry on the other hand was worth his weight in gold, might as well have dropped the other 3 defenders :p

I'm still liking Lennon, I honestly think him, Ashley Cole and Rooney (maybe a bit of Owen, not exactly a fan) are going to decimate the German defence...

Apshai
16-06-06, 00:59

too bad theres only one game left for u guys

TnT ftw :)

Galileo
16-06-06, 18:11
I'm not sure of the average age of players here, but those who remember, cast your mind back 4 years and 8 years. France and Brazil were UTTER shit in the league section of the tournament. 'Tis the nature of things.

However, why on Earth that tall lanky twat is up front is beyond me. It's not about how tall he is, it's about a "sense" of the game. He doesn't have it, simple.

For my money, put Rooney and Owen on for 60 mins, see how it goes and where the openings are, then maybe sub one for Theo or Crouch to exploit the defense. But start with two players that have a clue ffs. (and Rooney not being match fit is a poor excuse, thats what the league portion is FOR).

Becks had one of those games where not much went right for him. Terry, as mentioned above was a class on his own.

p.s. The Argies are looking fucking good.

p.p.s Taking bets on Ecuador versus Germany being 0-0, England winning the group and getting to play Germany and losing in the next round?

nellus
16-06-06, 19:18
Ecuador FTW :p

Doc Holliday
16-06-06, 21:13
We play either Germany or Ecuador in the next round. Can't say much about Ecuador, but I think Germany will spank us, even with their lack-lustre defence.

LOL. ok first off Ecuador havent actually conceded a goal and won by 2 nil and 3 nil if im not mistaken. They beat poland 2 nil and costa rica 3 nil.

Germany spanked costa rica but let 2 goals in then couldnt score in a brothel vs poland. Ok the polish keeper was nothing short of superb but they had to throw everything in to it to get that goal to take the win.

Having watched all the group a games i would rather england face germany and peter crouch either stop trying to be a flash bastard and just play within himself or we play owen and rooney up front than we play ecuador with any squad.

My girlfriend is german and she is disgusted the way they are playing at the moment. All her friends are the same. they started hopefully with a 4-2 spanking but then when it came to the crunch they took way too long to put poland away for good.

Im not gonna even go in to england as to me they need to REALLY REALLY sort their game plan out. we have stars on that team that arent acting like it while others languish on the bench. its about time they all pulled together and start acting like it. enough said.

:) ps. Hi everyone. World cup fever has me. :)

RusSki
18-06-06, 10:55
Italy 1 - 1 USA

USA deserved to win against Italy. (i was as shocked as the next man)
The first half they really got at them, the italians didnt know what had happened. The USA's keeper did a fantastic job and they even scored a goal which was disallowed for offside. I missed the replay of it tho, was it a good decision by the ref?
Was still a good game to watch even tho it was kinda spoilt by the 2 red cards.

Italy really need to raise their game in the next round.
Althought the same can be said for alot of the teams this year.

Brazil play tonight with lazy ronaldo :)

aKe`cj
18-06-06, 10:59
USA deserved to win against Italy.
The first haf they really got a them, the italians didnt know what had happened.

True ...but then - even 1pt is more than I would've expected before the game ...very strong play there. today we'll see a nice david vs goliath match - Australia vs Brazil .. no need to mention we are the ones to send brazil home this worldcup :D

nellus
18-06-06, 14:06
Italy 1 - 1 USA
The USA's keeper did a fantastic job and they even scored a goal which was disallowed for offside. I missed the replay of it tho, was it a good decision by the ref?
Was still a good game to watch even tho it was kinda spoilt by the 2 red cards.

Italy really need to raise their game in the next round.
Althought the same can be said for alot of the teams this year.

Brazil play tonight with lazy ronaldo :)

The replay showed he was off side but took no part in the actual play, so the goal could have stood.

There were 3 red cards one to italy then 2 to usa.
Must agree though USA played far better than i expected.

As for Brazil v Australia who kick off at 5pm BST who cares about the football keep panning that camera over the crowd

SorkZmok
18-06-06, 16:03
Can't wait until it's all over. I just don't like football.

But at least the city and all the pubs are filled all the time. :)

Jipz
18-06-06, 17:09
France vs south korea tonight:)
3.0 for us?

nabbl
18-06-06, 17:22
dont say "us" when youre speakin of france man..

Jipz
18-06-06, 17:44
us or them its same:)

Scanner Darkly
18-06-06, 21:59
Ghana steamrolled over us last night, a very impressive peformance, even tho we're missing two of our best goal scorers (Koller and Baros) and have to make do with that retard Lokvenc.

Group E is still pretty open ended it seems...

Brammers
20-06-06, 11:38
Final Group rounds start today.

Group A. Between Germany and Escuador it's a game to decide who finishes at the top of the group, as both teams have qualified. The game between Poland and Costa Rica is just a game before they both pack up and go home...

Group B. Between Sweden and England, again it's decide who finishes at the top of the group. A draw is all England need but if England win, it gets interesting. (And being a England supporter I expect a win!)

For Sweden, if they loose, and Trinidad and Tobago win, it's possible could go through to the knock out stages on goal difference if they score the same number of goals as England and Sweden added together. And since Paraguay are going home anyway, Trinidad and Tobago have got a very good chance.

Cadgar
20-06-06, 17:51
3:0 baby..

3 games
3 victorys
8:2 goals

just like 74 and 90, and you know what happend these years? they won the finals :D

gamefreak
20-06-06, 17:54
http://wm2006.deutschland.de/DE/Content/SharedDocs/Bilder/Content/Bildergalerie/deutscher-fan-mit-gesichtsbemalung,property=default.jpg

SnowCrash
20-06-06, 18:04
Berlin, Berlin, we're going to Berlin! :D

John Bushido
20-06-06, 18:15

god i hope not, 4 years of endless "we are the champs" whoring that is typically for the german mentaly makes me sick if i only think about it.....

LeoPump
20-06-06, 18:18

RIGHT!

Ecador - Germany (0:3)

SoLoNg...
Leo

Mighty Max
20-06-06, 18:48
god i hope not, 4 years of endless "we are the champs" whoring that is typically for the german mentaly makes me sick if i only think about it.....

no, 2 months later we are again at the "everything is so sad" mentality. (some are still in this phase it seems)

.... but

we gotta win anyways.http://launcherxplanet.com/emoticons/flag_germany.gif

Btw, im impressed how smooth the WM went so far, no big incident yet, no no-go-zone in the news.

Dribble Joy
20-06-06, 21:41
Arrr Teh England 1 - Teh Swedes 0

unreal
20-06-06, 21:58
Joe Cole FTW! Just as he made that goal I was stuffing my face with an indian takeaway. :p Can't believe Michael Owen fucked up his knee after being on the pitch for 1minute, I was thinking "ugh, we're doomed". Phew.

Dribble Joy
20-06-06, 22:00
It's good to see Lampard is keeping up his rugby practice, all those lovely kicks right over the center of the bar.

Numpty.

edit:

Bunch of dilberts, 2 all, the last swedish goal should have been easily saved.

Tratos
21-06-06, 00:46
England's Goals = Decent, quite shiney.
England's general performance = Wank. Utter Wank. :p

Poor Owen, watch him be out for the start of the season for the toon too :/

Brammers
21-06-06, 01:00
1st Half - brilliant, 2nd Half - Crap.

And Owen, just hope he really isn't out for the rest of the World Cup.

unreal
21-06-06, 01:22
I was thinking "ugh, we're doomed".
Guess I was right :(, second half, we played absolutely shit like the other two matches. The only two good shots in the second half was the cross that led to the goal. Sweden totally outplayed us for those 45mins, and easily got by our shit defense. We were going to win 2-1 out of luck at the end, but thanks to the shitty defense, and our goalkeeper being a spoon, they scored a moment later.

It was like the fluidity had quickly gone, and Gerrard was concentrating more on being the goalie. Not out yet at least, bleh. Let's hope they put more practice in.

Jodo
21-06-06, 03:22
It was the set pieces that the defense didn't handle well but not much got past them in open play. Sweden looked worried when Joe Cole got the ball and man-handled him a few times. Rooney had a good run out even though he'd have liked to have done better. He was dangerous in the first half but looked tired in the second. He should play well enough against Ecuador for at least another 60 mins. Disappointing that we didn't win but there was no point wrecking ourselves when we'd already qualified.

Saiyuki-
21-06-06, 04:03
111!!!!1!!!!!baaaaasebaaaal!!!!111!!

!

Saiyuki-
21-06-06, 04:04
add an extra L sry
=/

Brammers
23-06-06, 10:29
Well Brazil is through, and so is Australia!

The ref who refereed the Australia vs Croatia, was quite impressive, he booked Josip Simunic 3 times!

Jodo
23-06-06, 12:10
The ref who refereed the Australia vs Croatia, was quite impressive, he booked Josip Simunic 3 times!

Yeah, that was our very own Graham Poll Wasn't it? Second only to Uriah Rennie imo. English Prem ref's are shite!
He looks like he's getting sent home from the tounament now because of that game. Wha ha ha! :lol:

nellus
23-06-06, 22:33
Im going with Ghana to beat Brazil in the second round :D

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/nellus69/GHAN0001.gif

Dribble Joy
23-06-06, 22:35
My Delight at seeing the French out of the final rounds are dwindling as we speak, if they had drawn and the other match had gone in one direction they would have come third, now it's 2 - 0 with nearly 10 mins to go.

Bah....

aKe`cj
24-06-06, 01:51

he was supposed to ref the 2006 final as well ...I wonder if the FIFA will let him. On a brighter side - his performance cant get any worse :p

Tratos
24-06-06, 02:28
he was supposed to ref the 2006 final as well ...I wonder if the FIFA will let him. On a brighter side - his performance cant get any worse :p
The worst bit is, none of the other officials noticed either.

Doc Holliday
24-06-06, 02:42
The worst bit is, none of the other officials noticed either.

you guys should be out here to see the celebrations from the australian fans. they were yelling at the tv set very loudly where i work after simunic got sent off the first time forget the 2nd. :)

Saiyuki-
24-06-06, 03:35
hey doc havn't seen you in a while how are ya

gamefreak
24-06-06, 19:02
Sweden 2:2 England
Germany 2:0 Sweden

:lol:

aKe`cj
24-06-06, 19:17
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::'######:::::::::::::::::'####::::
::'##.....##:::::::::::::::.##...##:::
::..:::::::.##:::::::::::::::##:::::##::
:::'#####:::::'###:::##::::::##::
::'##::::::::::::::::::::::::##:::::##::
::.##:::::::::::::::::':::::::##:::##:::
::.######::::::::::.:::::'.####::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

rob444
24-06-06, 20:12
Can't say I'm a big fan of football (soccer for you american geeks), but I must admit that most of the football players should consider acting instead...

I mean, come on! Someone simply falls and then they lie there and look like having a gruesome pain, like someone just stabbed them in the face...

This sport just have to much faking in it that it's even hard to watch the game seriously.

I wish remaining countries good luck anyway :).

gamefreak
25-06-06, 18:54
England 1:0 Ecuador

booooring :eek:

Tratos
25-06-06, 19:04
England 1:0 Ecuador

booooring :eek:
/signed - Nice goal though.

SnowCrash
25-06-06, 19:51
Sorry but England is playing like Germany in the last worldcup. Very much luck, less skill. So maybe we meet em in the finals? :D

unreal
25-06-06, 20:23
It's not luck, we were playing quite crap in most of the second halves because us Englanders aren't used to hot weather :p, it's just good opportunities are made, and usually goals are scored. We have good people like Terry and Gerrard helping defend the goal as well. Today we played alright, but there weren't that many chances of goals because Sven is a pleb. He left Rooney literally by himself for most of the time thanks to his formation change. If Rooney had at least another person to help nearby, we would have scored a goal that wasn't from a free kick.

All there is to say is Beckham Special FTW. Most of the time people are saying Beckham doesn't put any effort in, or he's lost the plot, it's only that most of his effort goes unnoticed. Sven was even asked about taking Beckham off the pitch if he keeps putting in a poor performance. Glad he made the goal today, Beckham shoved it right back in their face.

PS. When did Victoria Beckham get a boob job? lol All she has to do is eat some pies now to put on some weight.

aKe`cj
25-06-06, 20:27
PS. When did Victoria Beckham get a boob job? lol All she has to do is eat some pies now to put on some weight.

Yeh ...unhealthy nutrition ... too much protein, too little carbohydrates :p

Spermy
25-06-06, 21:05
It's not luck, we were playing quite crap in most of the second halves because us Englanders aren't used to hot weather :p,

Meh, piss poor excuse :p

it's just good opportunities are made, and usually goals are scored. We have good people like Terry and Gerrard helping defend the goal as well. Today we played alright, but there weren't that many chances of goals because Sven is a pleb. He left Rooney literally by himself for most of the time thanks to his formation change. If Rooney had at least another person to help nearby, we would have scored a goal that wasn't from a free kick.

People place too much stock on Rooney. I'm reckoning if it goes right, he's a saint, if it goes wrong, he's a scapegoat. Exactly the way it went with beckham. Testament to the fact that a lot of footie fans are fickle gobshites.

All there is to say is Beckham Special FTW. Most of the time people are saying Beckham doesn't put any effort in, or he's lost the plot, it's only that most of his effort goes unnoticed. Sven was even asked about taking Beckham off the pitch if he keeps putting in a poor performance. Glad he made the goal today, Beckham shoved it right back in their face.

Under close scrutiny, her breast smelt of meat and potato. Her dietician later found traces of silicon in her waste. Whoops.

RogerRamjet
25-06-06, 21:08
Roony in my opinion is the only world class player we have, when he's on form.

Still, he couldnt touch a player like Gazza for instance, when he was at his prime.

Mr Kot
25-06-06, 22:50
Sorry but England is playing like Germany in the last worldcup. Very much luck, less skill. So maybe we meet em in the finals? :DThey were, but not today.

Sven wisely chose to put 5 midfielders between the opposition and our goal, in order to prevent another piss-poor defence like when we allowed Sweden to leak too many goals through. Even on previous matches where we let through no goals, we had too many scary moments.

How many other teams' players could match Beckham's free kick today? (other than Ronald(hin)o of course :p )

But yes, i will look forward to us meeting ze germans in the finals ;)

unreal
25-06-06, 22:56
Turkish: Fuck me, hold tight. What's that?
Tommy: It's me belt, Turkish.
Turkish: No, Tommy. There's a gun in your trousers. What's a gun doing in your trousers?
Tommy: It's for protection.
Turkish: Protection from what? "Zee Germans"?

:D

RogerRamjet
26-06-06, 00:32
But yes, i will look forward to us meeting ze germans in the finals ;)

I dont, because undoubtedly we'd lose and look like tards in the process :p

Dribble Joy
26-06-06, 00:40
We wouldn't see them in the finals anyway I think, it would be the semis.

Anyway, I was completely expecting England to go out today, so now I fully expect them to go out in the next round. Considering it's Portugal, it's highly likely.
We might have the players, but not the team, and our finishes are appaling.

Scanner Darkly
26-06-06, 01:13
Anyone watch the one match worth seeing today? I actually fell asleep during the England game, just caught the highlights.

4 red cards do not make for a pretty game, but a hilarious one. Insert joke about ref and excessive consumption of vodka here.

Kazuya
26-06-06, 02:02
Anyone watch the one match worth seeing today? I actually fell asleep during the England game, just caught the highlights.

4 red cards do not make for a pretty game, but a hilarious one. Insert joke about ref and excessive consumption of vodka here.
The ref sucked rofl. Yes lets give everyone a red card? Why was Deco sent off? And yes the England match was soooooo boring.

unreal
26-06-06, 02:13
4 red cards do not make for a pretty game, but a hilarious one. Insert joke about ref and excessive consumption of vodka here.I guess you didn't see the Croatia game then. Of all referees it had to be an English one that fucked up and gave the same person 3 yellow cards in the same match. :p

nellus
26-06-06, 07:03
I watched a good play last night soon to be on in the west end. it was a farsical play by fifa set on a football pitch called portugal v holland :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Never seen such poor refereeing in my life (didnt see polls match :p ) and ive seen friendlier rugby matches. Bring back collena.

Brammers
26-06-06, 11:09
We wouldn't see them in the finals anyway I think, it would be the semis.

England can only meet Germany in the finals.

Well Beckham saves the day for England with that amazing free kick. I don't think I've seen one like that since the England Vs Turkey(?) that equalised the scores to put us into the 2002 world cup.

Portugal vs Netherlands? Yellow/red card fest there, and some bad referee decissions, and some very bad acting from the players there. I like to see the newspapers in Netherlands today.

Brammers
26-06-06, 20:19
Italy 1 - Australia 0

The refs in these games just get better and better... :eek: That last minute penalty was so not a penalty.

NAPPER
26-06-06, 20:29
[QUOTE=Brammers]
Well Beckham saves the day for England with that amazing free kick. I don't think I've seen one like that since the England Vs Turkey(?) that equalised the scores to put us into the 2002 world cup.

QUOTE]

what about coles leg when he slid in the box to save the score going to 1-1
with out him it would have been a goal

n3m
27-06-06, 10:11
You can't really blame the referree as much as FIFA.
Their ridiculous little stupid rules take out the speed joy
and rythm of the game. That said though, this game was
sad. Both sides were immature.

16 yellow with 4 red. http://neocron.jafc.de/images/smilies/old/redface.gif

Boularhouz' kick with Ronaldo wasn't very pretty, but Figo's
actions were really low. Although I did like the fact he [Ronaldo]
went of crying like a baby, selfish tard. With almost every
portugese player on yellow, I don't think england should be
really worried about going through even with their 'performance'
this year.

NAPPER
27-06-06, 11:20
all the better for england tbh cos they need to be very very careful now
haha

Brammers
27-06-06, 11:44
all the better for england tbh cos they need to be very very careful now
haha

I don't think that will stop Portugal on Saturday, thats why a team has 23 players in the squad.

And was the Switzerland vs Ukraine a boring match? I was listening to it on BBC broadband, with the picture minimised, and the commentary was more exciting when they talked about anything but the football game. Even them talking about the fact that the 10 O'clock news was going to be late was more exciting than that football game.

Hopefully 2 good games coming today Spain Vs France and Brazil vs Ghana.

P.S. @ Napper - Yeah Ashley Coles, sliding kick to save the ball was excellent, I forgot about that.

NAPPER
27-06-06, 14:13
but if they foul they could lose alot of good players but yes i agree if england play like they did the last match they will lose

pabz
27-06-06, 17:54
Ghana will win the world cup anyway

Brammers
27-06-06, 18:01
Ghana will win the world cup anyway

:confused: *Wonders if the scoreline from the BBC website is upto date*

Score at Halftime Brazil 1 Ghana 0...I think

CMaster
27-06-06, 18:11
:confused: *Wonders if the scoreline from the BBC website is upto date*

Score at Halftime Brazil 1 Ghana 0...I think

2-0 at half time, despite Ghana dominating the game.
We can expect to see african teams getting into quarters and maybe beyond next time around, but not this year it seems.

Jipz
27-06-06, 22:50
FRANCE powaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :o

RogerRamjet
28-06-06, 00:26

All thanks to Thierry "Cheating Bastard" Henry.

Jipz
28-06-06, 09:06
All thanks to Thierry "Cheating Bastard" Henry.

I'd say thanks to Vierra,Zidane and Ribery :rolleyes:
The 1st time I see a good referee :cool:

Brammers
28-06-06, 10:34
Where did the French find that football team? I was expecting Spain to walk over them considering their peformance in the group stages.

Anyway, Quarter finals next, here's what I reckon will happen.

Germany v Argentina (Too close to call this one)
Italy v Ukraine (Italy to win)
England v Portugal (England of course to win! :D )
Brazil v France (Brazil, but I think France could produce a shock)

Spermy
28-06-06, 11:03

What to get away with sodding murder?

Piss poor reffing throughout the whole competition. Fucking FIFA with thier sledgehammer fixes. =/

Brammers
28-06-06, 11:09
What to get away with sodding murder?

Piss poor reffing throughout the whole competition. Fucking FIFA with thier sledgehammer fixes. =/

I think Graham Pool should referee the final now...

giga191
28-06-06, 11:12
All thanks to Thierry "Cheating Bastard" Henry. it should still have been a free kick, but maybe not a yellow. What's up with these refs who feel the need to show a card for every single free kick 0o

Brammers
28-06-06, 11:30
it should still have been a free kick, but maybe not a yellow. What's up with these refs who feel the need to show a card for every single free kick 0o

Rules of the game - most minor fouls the referee will say play on, but more serious fouls (Like unsporting behaviour) yellows or reds can be awarded, and a ree kick (Or penalty) is awarded.

Personally anyone diving should be given a red card, not a yellow. Then maybe we will see some decent football and less cheating, like in Thierry Henry's case. (Thinking of it, didn't Puyol have a clash with Henry in the UEFA cup final?)

RogerRamjet
28-06-06, 11:54
Where did the French find that football team? I was expecting Spain to walk over them considering their peformance in the group stages.

Anyway, Quarter finals next, here's what I reckon will happen.

Germany v Argentina (Too close to call this one)
Italy v Ukraine (Italy to win)
England v Portugal (England of course to win! :D )
Brazil v France (Brazil, but I think France could produce a shock)

The Henry incident changed the entire game, till then Spain were easy winning.

The Germany/Argentina game is going to decide one of the teams in the final in my opinion. Both teams have played really well, so i intend to sit down and watch it, supporting Germany naturally (bloody Argies, Maradona, yada yada).

I havent seen Ukraine play, but i dont think Italy are playing too well either, so i anything could happen.

If England play on good form, and get over the heat im sure we can beat the Poruagese, but i wouldnt be so sure.

Brazil should decimate France into a smoking pile of crap.

Those are my game predictions ;)

Speedball
28-06-06, 12:20

hrhr, like the last time they played together.

RogerRamjet
28-06-06, 12:37
hrhr, like the last time they played together.

France has the same team of 8 years ago virtually. They were good then. Not now.

Jipz
28-06-06, 12:44

French defence>all ;)

Speedball
28-06-06, 12:45
France has the same team of 8 years ago virtually. They were good then. Not now.

France has the older team of this world cup, okay.
But they got a lot of experience and some new players that could be surprising against brasil.
Saying brasil should decimate France is ignoring that France did win 2 of the last 3 matchs france brasil and the last one was 0-0.
But hey, it's hard to be original here.

RogerRamjet
28-06-06, 12:48
Past games are irrelevent.

Brazil are playing well, France are not. See that? Present tense.

Mighty Max
28-06-06, 12:53
I don't know why you even care.

Germany will win the WM :D

Jipz
28-06-06, 12:54
I don't know why you even care.

Germany will win the WM :D

you wish :D

Speedball
28-06-06, 12:55

Honestly, for me, the present tense is that ronaldinho walked on the ball and falled on the ground. Wathever he done before, he falled on the ground because of that. He just suck. Present tense.

When I tell you about the past, it's to show what this players can do, they may become older but when you have tallent, it doesn't disappear with the time... They just cannot run 90 min, but hey, that's why you can change players while the match.

Spain got a young team. Fine. They lost.

Jodo
28-06-06, 13:28
Honestly, for me, the present tense is that ronaldinho walked on the ball and falled on the ground. Wathever he done before, he falled on the ground because of that. He just suck. Present tense.

When I tell you about the past, it's to show what this players can do, they may become older but when you have tallent, it doesn't disappear with the time... They just cannot run 90 min, but hey, that's why you can change players while the match.

Spain got a young team. Fine. They lost.

No, but the ability to apply that talent does disappear with time. Football is a young game now. Teams that hold onto the older players suffer in the long run. Germany and England did that a while back and played crap.

Speedball
28-06-06, 13:38
No, but the ability to apply that talent does disappear with time. Football is a young game now. Teams that hold onto the older players suffer in the long run. Germany and England did that a while back and played crap.

Herm it's not like those time only have "old" players you know.
They have young players too. Older team play different as younger teams, that's sure. I don't know if better or not.
Sure thing is that there is a compromise beetween the tallent+experience of a player and his age, to run fast and a lot.
Perfect team would be a 27 year old team composed of only tallented people. But that's irrealistic.

Brammers
28-06-06, 13:51

Both teams played like crap in the group stages, but they have both improved in the knockout stages. I'm still sticking with Brazil to win, but it's still a hard one to call either way.

RogerRamjet
30-06-06, 12:44
http://usera.imagecave.com/MrLuke/gonein60.jpg

Looking forward to the Argentina/Germany game like, although i think the German defence might show its weakness against a team like Argentina.

This game will certainly decide one of the two teams in the final.

unreal
30-06-06, 12:50
At least Michael Owen wasn't faking it like all those other time wasting cheating little cunts. They get tackled and pushed over and they roll around for half an hour covering their faces, trying to make the opponents get yellow or red cards. I can't remember which match I was watching but I remember shouting "get up you bastard" about 5 times. heh

RogerRamjet
30-06-06, 12:55
I'm not kidding, if someone did that to me i would boot fuck out of them.

I just wish football wasnt full of absolute fannies.

unreal
30-06-06, 12:56
Ones full of crabs at that. Which reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson describing seat heaters as "hemmeroid control" lmao.

sl33py
30-06-06, 13:25
At least Michael Owen wasn't faking it like all those other time wasting cheating little cunts. They get tackled and pushed over and they roll around for half an hour covering their faces, trying to make the opponents get yellow or red cards. I can't remember which match I was watching but I remember shouting "get up you bastard" about 5 times. heh
Holland - Portugal, the greatest disgrace on the holy World Cup fields... EVAh!

RogerRamjet
30-06-06, 14:01
Holland - Portugal, the greatest disgrace on the holy World Cup fields... EVAh!

Im sure Maradonas "Hand of God" comes pretty close.

Tratos
30-06-06, 18:38
Dare i say it? Get in zee Germinz! rather go up against them than the other lot, lol

gamefreak
30-06-06, 20:24
OMFG THEY WON
YEAH YEAH YYEAH
BRAZIL WE GONNA FUCK U IN DA AZZ

Mr Kot
30-06-06, 20:35
cheating little cunts. They get tackled and pushed over and they roll around for half an hour covering their faces, trying to make the opponents get yellow or red cards.sounds like another game i know...

...it involves soullight penalties ;)

Jipz
30-06-06, 21:12
OMFG THEY WON
YEAH YEAH YYEAH
BRAZIL WE GONNA FUCK U IN DA AZZ

you meant France? :D

unreal
30-06-06, 22:56
Ukraine got served. :p

RogerRamjet
01-07-06, 12:10
Hahaha the fight at the end was funny as, i would have had a full on scrap, Argie cunts.

I knew the game would go to penalties and Germany would win, congratz to zee Germans.

My bet hasnt been lost yet :angel:

Mr Kot
01-07-06, 16:59
Erm... the England v Portugal game is about to kick off...

.. and WE HAVE AN ARGENTINIAN REFEREE????

O

M

G

8|

bye bye England

Jipz
01-07-06, 17:10
Erm... the England v Portugal game is about to kick off...

.. and WE HAVE AN ARGENTINIAN REFEREE????

O

M

G

8|

bye bye England

Mhh France has a spanish referee O_o
No comment...

Nidhogg
01-07-06, 19:43
You'd have thought we'd learned how to take a fucking penalty by now. :rolleyes:

N

Speedball
01-07-06, 19:48
Portugal decimated England into a smoking pile of crap.

Mr Kot
01-07-06, 19:50
I thought Rooney would have learned to control his temper by now :mad:

@Nid: taking the penalties wasn't so much the issue here, more the saving of them. We've never in living memory had a half decent goalie, especially when it comes to penalties.

LiL T
01-07-06, 19:55
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

:(

RogerRamjet
01-07-06, 20:03
Portugal decimated England into a smoking pile of crap.

Playing a significant portion of the game with 10 men, and without Rooney and Beckham, and losing on penalties?

Yes, certainly decimated.

=REMUS=
01-07-06, 20:08
david seaman was ok, but not up to Ricardos standard by a long shot.

watching England play has been a complete chore these last few weeks but i was inspired a little by their heroics today, but not in the least bit enjoyable except for maybe the first half of the paraguay match.

i really felt for the players, such bad luck, our best side for years blighted by poor tactics, management and injury...

:(

Nidhogg
01-07-06, 20:17
@Nid: taking the penalties wasn't so much the issue here
Remind me how many of our attempts went in again? :p

It's funny, I was saying to Sharon before the tournament started that everyone was praying for Roonie to be fit, but it was more likely that he'd screw up and leave us in the shit. And that's exactly what he did.

N

RaekOne
01-07-06, 20:53
Remind me how many of our attempts went in again? :p

It's funny, I was saying to Sharon before the tournament started that everyone was praying for Roonie to be fit, but it was more likely that he'd screw up and leave us in the shit. And that's exactly what he did.

N

haha so true...
I think had we had a striker who was not so hot headed we would of won that game.

We really started to hold it together at one point :/

gamefreak
01-07-06, 21:12
:( shit i really hoped for germany vs england in the finals
portugal is so gay and all of their fans here are just stupid fakes with an
iq of 80 omg i just wanted to kick them right in their mouth when i heard
those stupid faked Portugueses, that didn t even know the name of one of their players, talkin shit

unreal
01-07-06, 21:13
It's queer you blame it on Rooney, and to be honest we played better without Rooney on the field. The reff didn't even notice Rooney accidentally standing on that mans goolies, then Ronaldo came over (as always) after he blew his whistlce to try and stir shit up, and to try and get the reff to give some sort of punishment. Rooney wasn't haven't any of that bullshit. He should have punched him in the face instead to say the least.

The main reason for Rooney being annoyed to begin with though was Sven; he put him all by himself for the second time. Earlier on in the game two Portugal players (Ronaldo included) were taking the piss out of Rooney as well. England prefer to play fair and honest rather than sitting around trying to exploit everything to the full, and pretending to be injured.

Our biggest downfall was Sven throughout every single game. He picked the players and didn't use half of them the way they should have been, and some of them were wrongly picked (mainly because they either haven't played in months, were injured or just not fit to play) in the first place. Substitution decisions were pretty bad most of the time too.

Like today, Joe Cole was playing decent, and making chances, and with Rooney and Beckham off, he finally decides to stick Peter Crouch on. Peter Crouch played quite well considering, but he's lanky, and only there really to pass the ball and hopefully score from headers. With those stilts he's not really the most skillful of people.

Edit:
Portugal decimated England into a smoking pile of crap.Bullshit. England played better than Portugal, after only having 10 players, and they didn't sit around with Ronaldo and other players whining on the floor at every turn. We lost on penalties because we aren't so lucky at it. If the game itself was judged and penalties didn't exist, we would have won by far.

Speedball
01-07-06, 21:51
Edit:Bullshit. England played better than Portugal, after only having 10 players, and they didn't sit around with Ronaldo and other players whining on the floor at every turn. We lost on penalties because we aren't so lucky at it. If the game itself was judged and penalties didn't exist, we would have won by far.
dont take me wrong, I just wanted to take the sentence of one of you'r mates on this thread. I found the ironie amusing, honestly.

I was for England because I hate this portugese team and especialy Ronaldo.

aKe`cj
01-07-06, 22:04
England played better than Portugal, after only having 10 players

true

We lost on penalties because we aren't so lucky at it.

Not so lucky? Some english shots were crap - sucks but thats life... the english goalie however was terrible... Ricardo performed extremely well... but heh ...Robinson wasnt "not as good as Ricardo", he was simply not up to it... not even anywhere close. England played a good match tho', a win would've been justified just as much as the loss.

Jipz
01-07-06, 22:15
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

pabz
01-07-06, 22:30
Least Theo Walcott got ago.... Oh No he didnt :mad:

Speedball
01-07-06, 22:52

hmm... Your words are gold dude.

Jipz
01-07-06, 23:06
hmm... Your words are gold dude.

DA WIN :o

NAPPER
01-07-06, 23:09
well thats sucks england suck tbh

gamefreak
01-07-06, 23:17
yeah france really played superb, i hope they re going to kick portugal's ass too
and yes brazil and portugal are both sissies, they re lying on the floor half of the
game trying to get some panalties(anyone saw ronaldinho crying at the end ?)

Tratos
01-07-06, 23:49
yeah france really played superb, i hope they re going to kick portugal's ass too
and yes brazil and portugal are both sissies, they re lying on the floor half of the
game trying to get some panalties(anyone saw ronaldinho crying at the end ?)
It's not just those treams. Most players are diving fuck tards and it gets right up my nose.

Oh well, i knew if it went to penalties we'd be out just like that. England + Penalties = Knockout, simple as that.

Mr_Snow
02-07-06, 01:28
taking the penalties wasn't so much the issue here, more the saving of them. We've never in living memory had a half decent goalie, especially when it comes to penalties.

Peter Shilton

Philchow
02-07-06, 03:08
Yeah !

Btw, I feel sorry for England since Portugal didn't deserve to win because of their girly falls. I would have loved a France-England confrontation. :(

Mr Kot
02-07-06, 12:11
I see Beckham has thrown in the towel too.

Cerbious
02-07-06, 21:46
What a horrible match. I hate to say it but it did seem the ref was a bit biased.. the shit portugal was doing to get free kicks was a joke! And we barely got any when needed.. like if i remeber we could have got a penalty. As usal out in 1/4's, nvm.

Mr_Snow
03-07-06, 00:48
What a horrible match. I hate to say it but it did seem the ref was a bit biased.. the shit portugal was doing to get free kicks was a joke! And we barely got any when needed.. like if i remeber we could have got a penalty. As usal out in 1/4's, nvm.
i seriously lolled when i seen all the english fans on sky news saying the ref was biased

CMaster
03-07-06, 01:32
Ref was fine.
England had no valid penalty calls.

giga191
03-07-06, 10:51
Ref was fine.
England had no valid penalty calls. they hardly even deserved to get that far

Brammers
03-07-06, 14:44
Ref was fine.
England had no valid penalty calls.

The ref was very biased to Portugal IMHO. How many dives etc did Portugal do in that match? One thing I'll say about the other teams we (England) played upto that point was they all played a decent clean match.

Now the Portugal vs France game should have a new rule. Forget goals, the final score is decided who does the most dives.

As for Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney...don't get me started on that. One thing I'll say for Wayne Rooney is he should be the next captain. Why, remember David Beckham in 98? Well he got made captain, and he didn't misbhave since.

Mr_Snow
03-07-06, 17:40
The ref was very biased to Portugal IMHO. How many dives etc did Portugal do in that match? One thing I'll say about the other teams we (England) played upto that point was they all played a decent clean match.

Now the Portugal vs France game should have a new rule. Forget goals, the final score is decided who does the most dives.

As for Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney...don't get me started on that. One thing I'll say for Wayne Rooney is he should be the next captain. Why, remember David Beckham in 98? Well he got made captain, and he didn't misbhave since.

Of course, and we didnt all see rooney stomp on the guys balls and then pull another play away from the ref

Speedball
03-07-06, 17:44

I think that the french team is pretty fair...

Kazuya
03-07-06, 19:57
tomorrow u will see....

Speedball
03-07-06, 22:39
tomorrow u will see....

I will see a nice match, and I will just wonder why some players (mostly portugese) always fall so easely...

Brammers
04-07-06, 11:20
tomorrow u will see....

It's the Germany v Italy match today, and the Portugal v France tomorrow.

I can't call either match. Think Germany and France will get to the final.

NAPPER
04-07-06, 11:29
Least Theo Walcott got ago.... Oh No he didnt :mad:

he played against Jamaica didn’t he ?
or was that a friendy befor the cup started

Speedball
04-07-06, 11:30
I can't call either match.
Why that ? 8|

Mr Kot
04-07-06, 23:32
How the fuck did Italy pull that off?

and why can't that happen to us with 2 minutes to go?

Speedball
04-07-06, 23:34
Germany was pretty weak, no ?
I wanted them to win ffs!

gamefreak
04-07-06, 23:36
Onoz Cheater !!!1111 Speedhax Aimbot

unreal
04-07-06, 23:41
Hats off to both teams, they both played excellent. Italy just pulled off a couple of nice moves at the end, and finally scored. Both goalies did a great job.

Fucking hot weather though. My forehead just keeps dripping with sweat, and i'm sat on a leather chair just drinking vodka and orange juice... which I managed to just spill all over my fucking keyboard as I was shouting "FUCK" when Italy scored for the second time. I turned my keyboard upside down and a load of liquid just pour out, not good. Hopefully baby wipes have saved the day. :D

Mr Kot
04-07-06, 23:41
Fluke, tbh

RogerRamjet
04-07-06, 23:43
Thats my £10 down the shitter.

Scheisse!

Cadgar
04-07-06, 23:43
italy paid the referee......AGAIN!

Brammers
04-07-06, 23:50
2 goals in the last 2 minutes, ouch. Still it was an excellent match to watch, respect to both teams...

..and yes I was hoping Germany would win.

SnowCrash
04-07-06, 23:57
Respect to the german team. They have played an awesome tournament! Italy was just a bit better in the end. So what. The best worldcup I have seen so far!

RogerRamjet
05-07-06, 00:01
Respect to the german team. They have played an awesome tournament! Italy was just a bit better in the end. So what. The best worldcup I have seen so far!

This was the best game ive seen so far.

As for the World Cup, its been the biggest soprting event with the least amount of Sportmanship involved.

Kazuya
05-07-06, 02:10
MUAHAHAHA we are at final... and im going to berlin :D
italy>germany tbh we played better(i love cannavaro) and wtf u saying cadgar i hope u joking if not u dont understand a shit of football

pabz
05-07-06, 04:49
italy paid the referee......AGAIN!
Pigs can fly too.

jini
05-07-06, 06:02
Nice match for Italy :)
They burned Corfu yesterday. I wonder what actually happened in Rome.
I hope for Italy and France in the finals, and France taking the cup in the end.
Will be a nice match to watch, Mundial of '06 was afterall Euro '06 :D

Kazuya
05-07-06, 13:34
rome exploded yesterday :D

SorkZmok
05-07-06, 13:41
it was so close. :(

Great match though.

jini
05-07-06, 16:07
Guys when you watcg matches like these.... it's just that someone needs to win the thing. Germany is not inferior in any way, but there's gotta be a winner.

gamefreak
05-07-06, 16:26
but...2 goals...in the last 2 min ??
and they also payed the fifa to ban Frings from the match
cmon they suck, say it :p

SorkZmok
05-07-06, 17:35
Yah, the game was pretty equal i'd say.

Was just bad luck that italy won in the end. Damn 2 minutes. If it wouldve been penalty shootout i bet germany would've made it. :(