PDA

View Full Version : Crahn Epic Mish 4

Galileo
06-06-06, 04:57
Logged in to a relatives account today 'cos he couldn't do this - He's an APU Hyb @ 68 PSI, capped CON.

What happened down there? I told him this was easy to do - Oh man was I wrong. Took his almost capped spy down there with his Healing Light and Obliterator just to see what's going on - Great, made it to the room, hid behind the pipe as per usual, shot him. Combat rank 73 gives me a processor for loot. In the room alone I counted at least:

4 Malfunc STORM units @ 120/120
5 Renegade Copbots @ 100/100 (I think)
2 Mad Copbots @ 90/90

That's without the gauntlet of 90/90's and 100/100's you have to run to get down there.

What, you didn't think this epic was hard enough with the 'lets hope the reaper isn't surrounded by a Chaser' mission 5?

So, let's get this right -

No solo can do it unless you are a spy with min 85 INT (I don't think you can run fast enough through them with Stealth 2). Drugged and imped this is what, INT 65?

I very much doubt if a player + non capped PPU and his Holy Shlter can do it.

hmmm, And this is a fucking Monk/PE only epic reward?

Nice one KK, nice one.

IceStorm
06-06-06, 09:17
They re-used the location as part of the Gentoxic quest thingamabob and thus, spawn hell. Nevermind the fact that there are two other Gaya mines they could use. Nevermind the fact that an existing quest was using the location. Nevermind the fact that there are over 140 wasteland zones, the majority of which are not in use.

I agree that it was a stupid decision to do that (as was re-using Outzone for certain high-ranking quests). I also agree that the Warbot not droping the heart part when your rank is 70 or over is also stupid given that unless you have an Oblit or a PPU butt-plug you'll never get to the Warbot with a low combat rank.

Oh well. Not like they'll ever fix it.

commerzgandalf
06-06-06, 10:13
just kill the warbot
the pater in the chruch will give you a ok and youdont need to loot the warbot

just kill and go out

pabz
06-06-06, 10:25
Ive done it with pe stealth :angel:

yuuki
06-06-06, 10:41
actually 10sec stealth is enuff to do it, as is being a holy ppu.
tho it would really have been better to just put the genotoxic stuff into one of the 2 other mines :angel:

aKe`cj
06-06-06, 12:04
hmmm, And this is a fucking Monk/PE only epic reward?

Nice one KK, nice one.

Ever seen a Monk with a TSU-Rifle? or TG Nades? ...theres a few rewards not all classes can make equal use of - that why you have the ability to trade in most mmo's - requires some effort and social interaction tho. Nice one KK.

I do agree on the difficulty of said epic tho' - imo the warbot should be moved to some other location.

CMaster
06-06-06, 12:12
Yeah, being sent to kill a 40/40 is fair enough. Sticking it in a room with 4 of the more deadly 120/120s is a bit harsh.

Superbron
06-06-06, 12:25
Yes, this needs to be fixed! This takes way tooooooo long

Pantho
06-06-06, 12:40
although tbh never doing it, Hack//sign did it on a PE ,and farmed 15 of the parts for clan members :)

yuuki
06-06-06, 12:51
afaik that doesn't help as you have to kill that bot yourself :lol:

Zheo
06-06-06, 12:56
In the room alone I counted at least:

4 Malfunc STORM units @ 120/120
5 Renegade Copbots @ 100/100 (I think)
2 Mad Copbots @ 90/90

That's without the gauntlet of 90/90's and 100/100's you have to run to get down there.

What, you didn't think this epic was hard enough with the 'lets hope the reaper isn't surrounded by a Chaser' mission 5?

I've posted about this before and got the responce from a mod that it's perfectly fine! HA! When I went down with my noob tank, and a friend (hybrid monk) both around **/46 ranked, we couldnt get down to the mob, well actually we did after about 10 attempts. After that I contacted my clan mates and it took 2 capped gentanks and a capped ppu, and for us both to remove our le's making us targets (because we couldn't find a le'd ppu) We encounter groups of the 90/90 and 100/100 on the way down, usually around 10/20 crammed into one hall way. But we finally did it after about 3 hours. So there you have it, a mission that a **/35? Can do solo :) Just like every other epic.

giga191
06-06-06, 13:03
No one can use it apart from PEs and monks, so is there any point of other classes being able to do it?

"I want lots of money, but i don't want to work for it!"

aKe`cj
06-06-06, 13:07
No one can use it apart from PEs and monks, so is there any point of other classes being able to do it?

"I want lots of money, but i don't want to work for it!"

How else would a Crahn Spy obtain ..lets say a Tsunami Rifle when he doesnt feel like hopping factions? ..by trading his epic reward for another, therefor all chars need to be able to do their factions epic - apart from that, everyone should be able to obtain the master tag for his/her faction, regardless of the reward.

Redburn
06-06-06, 13:27
Can be solo'd by a PE with stealth, took me four tries but can be done. As for having someone else kill and loot for the part... yes if your doing the mission "You must" kill the warbot and loot it for the part or else you will not get the mission completed message and the guy in the crahn abby will tell you to bugger off.

unreal
06-06-06, 13:29
Personally I think every epic run should be as "difficult" (or as tedious) as the Crahn one, making EFFORT by yourself and others a requirement to accomplish the task at hand. Currently, the average mission tells you to run along to places and speak to different people, sometimes needing to kill the newbie NPC that's sat there. The average person actually doesn't even bother to reading the information they were given, like a total spanner, and instead just ask something along the lines of "where is Figaro?" on HELP, just because they can't be arsed reading the mission log.

I guess not many people care about epic missions being totally dull by todays standards, not even caring to do them the way they were intended (ie. by reading and understanding why you need to do what it is you're doing, to get a feel of the Neocron story). I guess one downfall is that they're not voiced over, and some people might have sight problems. Most are just lazy though, and prefer to do it as quickly as possible. So by all means, make them more of a challenge.

Make 3-5 Decayed Horrors or HoverStations spawn near Finster permanently, put a large spawn of Y reps next to the guy one sector north of TH (forgot his name, been so long I've been there), spawn random higher level mobs right near Kev Kritter at the Garbage Dump. Make things that touch more fun, entertaining things are likely to happen when you're in a group.

IceStorm
06-06-06, 16:57
Make things that touch more fun, entertaining things are likely to happen when you're in a group.And when would this "group" thing be occuring? Last time I was on, Terra's pop was at 4%, and I can guarantee a quarter to a half of that was at the MB/MB center GR line...

Stupidity like spawning multiple 120/120s next to an NPC is why I don't do epics until I can use an Obliterator.

Galileo
06-06-06, 17:02
Pabz: Ive done it with pe stealth

Redburn: Can be solo'd by a PE with stealth, took me four tries but can be done

You are both quite clearly more skilled than I - I simply couldn't do it. Can I ask if you were capped / near capped when you did this? As opposed to being /35?

@ giga - It's not about not working for it - You seem to have some problem with jumping down people's throats at the first sign that they are less leet than you. I am trying to point out that most /35's can't do this. Can you imagine a new player trying this?

The crahn epic is, imo, one of the most enjoyable and well-thought out epics. Getting to the end of it you actually feel like you've earned it. I am, of course, talking about pre death-to-all-who-enter changes. Let us not forget that you have to get to the mine, there was usually one 90/90 in the path to the bottom, and one Malfunctioning Storm or 100/100 down there. It wasn't hard but it was a challenge.

Also - Can anyone confirm what commerzgandalf says that just killing the bot triggers the next phase or do you need the loot too?

Cheers

-sf-
06-06-06, 18:36
its piss easy with a ten second stealth.
and so far its the only mission in neocron which is actually exciting.
got something from splinter cell to sneak past all those highlvl mobs.

boreal
06-06-06, 19:02
i whish the CM epic (well aboout 10 month ago) was such a suicide mission :D, i might just change faction for that mission.

i like the way you felll when you jsut got it, and then go sit somewhere and say

I FINALY GOT IT MOTHERFUCKERBITCHGIMMETHATNOWIWANNAUSEIT

well when you need it it cool... but for a tank i didn't think it will be usufull :P maiby to sell

anyway LEAVE that epic like that, that just the rush of addrenaline i need

yuuki
06-06-06, 19:05
do cm mini resi then :p
there you may sneak through a doy tunnel :D
which is possible with pe stealth too ;) (i did it)

boreal
06-06-06, 19:08
how we do it
how we start it
im doing it tonight

kurai
06-06-06, 20:02
I did it with a pure hacknet Stealth 2 spy.

Stealth, run in, punch warbot till stealth timer runs down to 5 seconds, run out of aggro range, re-stealth etc etc

Took a loooong time, but killed it eventually :)

yuuki
06-06-06, 21:02
how we do it
how we start it
im doing it tonight

the sergeant at the command circle in cm hq, you have to be cm tho