PDA

View Full Version : Neocron : Fortress wars

cRazy-
05-06-06, 18:29
lol @ anyone who was gutted when they found out this wasnt an official KK statement.

So after the balance refix, how about another expansion to get the players back, something big, something which KK would never do in a million years.

The expansion could be something like Fortress wars, as well as all the other Outposts the expansion could add 3 castle-like fortress outposts on the map, with wall mounted artillery defense, turrets, even a moat etc etc.

The fortresses would be about 2x the size of a normal Outpost, but with all the other feature ideas mentioned for Outposts, like hackable doors, security cameras, big watchtowers, parimeter dectection sensors etc.

Coupled with some new weapon types, various other things I'm almost certain this would, with the right publicity, bring back a lot of the old players plus get new players interested. I know I aint been really specific and just babbled out some random ideas , Its just the general concept I had the idea for, other people can easily build on the idea.

The way I see it is Neocron is going to die off soon unless something big is braught out to appeal to all the old and new PvP'ers, the balance project etc doesnt really mean fuck all to any new players, so its almost useless in that respect.

Balance project + fortress wars + free 10 day trial for all deactivated Neocron 2 game accounts for release with fortress wars + new Marketing campaign for the expansion = Guarenteed gain in average player population.

Rachius
05-06-06, 18:32
Can we get a stable game first?

cRazy-
05-06-06, 18:42
Can we get a stable game first?

The game is fairly stable as it is compared to how it once was, for most people anyway, I for one very rarely get any login or FRE bugs these days, but it could do with some improvements within a realistic timescale.

I dont think KK have enough time to fix everything in sight to be honest, the average server Population is dropping more and more every month, and the percentage of quitters each month is likely to rise as the populations fall. If anything I'd say KK need to fix the payment providers before they attempt any stunt to regain new players.

boreal
05-06-06, 19:19
ROFL asking NC to be stable is IMPOSSIBLE, well desipe the :

1. Syn bug
2. Log off, log on, 50 heal, log off....
3. **WTF i shoot him, i have my cursor on him, i can't miss it... why my shoot is deviated like in the MATRIX** (ps happen ALWAY when im in rhino)
4. WTF where is my item

and i can continus.... but realy i will just log on and continus to play, nearly capped my tank in 1 month now :D

and YEA MAKE THAT CHANGE, i was hopping that after the evo 2 (i play when they **decide to make the PvP serveur (who was totaly a MISTAKE)** but after i have come back, i miss the fight in MB GR, in plaza 1..... where are the dead body all over the way :P

i would say, LEAVE TH like now, change MB and plaza to War sone and make all think cRazy- have say and it WILL be new GAME !!!!!

Asurmen Spec Op
05-06-06, 21:16
More stable now than ever

cRazy-
05-06-06, 21:37
KK just need to pull something like this out of the hat before its too late, the 'balance project' will probably bring a couple of players back but it wont effect the amount of new players whatsoever, and if Neocron goes along the path its heading now then eventually its just going to have no players whatsoever.

If something really good was brought out, like the expansion I described, it could recreate the epic battles, bring back old PvPers (like the pop difference during the 14 day free trial of evo whatever it was) and create interest for new players.

Mainly with a re-launched Marketing campaign, coupled with another period of free game time for old Neocron players, that initial boost from the old players using the free time (I'm sure the last one was about 40% pop average, then it went back down after the time ended, with a new expansion, rebalance and payment system to try out, I'd expect it to be much more then 40% during the period), this would then persuade new players to stay even more after seeing the more populated side of Neocron, and they would be none the wiser, first impressions count.

Thats Crazy's simple plan to revive Neocron.

NAPPER
05-06-06, 21:46
Hey what about if you have some kind of event to win the bonuses on the ops like your clan has 2 hours to get as many ops as they can in them 2 hours and it could take 2 hacks to get the op then when you die and gr out you should have no si or imps to poke in but then after the event the ops should remain to who ever owned them in the first place but without the bonus thats if they lose it

NAPPER
05-06-06, 21:48
tbh i think plaza 1 and th should remain safe zones but mb should not be safe apart from the cm hq

Richard Blade
05-06-06, 21:50
Some interesting ideas Crazy.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

Also, once they fix the payment methods, I'm sure several of the old players will be back. I know three or four veterans who will be back.

Apocalypsox
05-06-06, 23:39
More stable now than ever
you dont even play NC...you FoM hoe

LTA
05-06-06, 23:41
Email the old user base and players with the message

"Fre Fixed, Sync issue sorted, Login problems addressed"

and i think people would swarm back then they could do the fun graphics and what not and address balance and begin with all the new features.

Never that the game is dull or boring so much as it just has them long bugs you tackle every day and wonder if they will ever stop harassing you at the worse times possible, do people still fly and sink through the floor?

cRazy-
05-06-06, 23:46
Email the old user base and players with the message

"Fre Fixed, Sync issue sorted, Login problems addressed"

and i think people would swarm back then they could do the fun graphics and what not and address balance and begin with all the new features.

Never that the game is dull or boring so much as it just has them long bugs you tackle every day and wonder if they will ever stop harassing you at the worse times possible, do people still fly and sink through the floor?

It doesnt really have much to do with bugs, when the 14 day trial was on hundreds of old players flocked back to the servers, after the 14 days they all left again because they were bored, theres obviously people who left because of bugs but the majority I know of who left just said as a whole they didnt like the game.

I have yet to meet or know of anyone who has quit just because of the FRE's and other bugs, unless its a case of extreme login problems, which are rare.

Archy
06-06-06, 00:51
people leave cause they dont want to play a buggy game with awefull population. I read too many messages on help about it, 95% of trial users quit because they're bugged, a game that requires a credit card to do a trial, should be stable enough to keep some users, but it's simply not.

Asurmen Spec Op
06-06-06, 01:21
you dont even play NC...you FoM hoe
I play...
sometimes :D

solid-rock
06-06-06, 08:45
Crazy you should try playing planetside cus thats what you basicly just described :p. Its also got mechs and no fatals. As for puting this into neocron id rather see the gamecode fixed and the varius features finished first. Half of hacknets varius npcs are still without any function at all.

jini
06-06-06, 09:39
if balancing fixes clipping (from high speed runners) among with a bit of netlag AND concidering the art department IS doing what is supposed to be doing (add content, fixing old mission bugs like the colission of the gaya glove and the genotoxic guns) then there really is a chance. If they believe old vets will return just because they are ballancing the game, they wil fail miserably. Old vets did everything ingame there was to make. They tried powerfull weapons(like xbows ;)), made powerfull characters (like hybrids TwICE) and took ultra rare stuff like WoC disks/mc5 chips. Together with ballancing there has to go a lot of new content plus aggressive marketing, is the only one way , and as Asurmen would say... put the art guys to work!

Durandal|AI
06-06-06, 09:59
how about another expansion to get the players back

you mean, another expansion to lose more players?

CMaster
06-06-06, 12:32
Yeah a lot of the ideas for op wars seem to come from Planetside - not suprising really because op-wars are alll there is to that game (well, fraggling (caving) and tower fights as well I guess). The idea however, I can't dispute. The idea of some super-ops around the map - perhaps redoing the uplinks which are currently somewhat useless, but often have quite large positions? However before this happened, I think op wars need fixing so they do work reasonably, rather than their current state. Otherwise I think you will see no fights over the old ops - just ninjas and barrel-fests as everyone wants to keep their fighting over the Forts.

Pantho
06-06-06, 12:52
We as fetish did some OP wars recently and the amount of droners sent was just stupid. 4 Droners lol, Revenge spamming is funny, We had no monks, no barreling was good fun :).

unreal
06-06-06, 12:54
Wouldn't be surprised if those 4 droners were ALL Conkers on different alts. ;)

solid-rock
06-06-06, 13:51
Fetish has been OPing against SXR recently and weve gone into a droner frenzy. Not sure what sparked it but i do know that a droner on a mountaintop is the only thing that will utterly own an xbow PE.

Personally i believe im the original SXR droner :D.

calim
06-06-06, 14:23
Crazy, your idea is a bit like "capture the flag" in quake, with that castles around the map :/ i hate this ! :P If the game expands, i hope it'll be in a new and coherents concepts ...

Really, i don't like the idea of castles, too easy, too old and not very funny (there is others games for that, which has much more experience about it).

cRazy-
06-06-06, 14:37
Crazy, your idea is a bit like "capture the flag" in quake, with that castles around the map :/ i hate this ! :P If the game expands, i hope it'll be in a new and coherents concepts ...

Really, i don't like the idea of castles, too easy, too old and not very funny (there is others games for that, which has much more experience about it).

At what point did I say it was an actual Castle and at what point did I say it required any kind of capture the flag style gameplay?

What I mean is 3 or so mega-outposts, like fortresses alongside the original Outposts which have and require much more advanced detail and time to hack into and obtain control of (I've seen other threads for Outpost ideas which would be good for it), almost to the stage of alliance vs alliance.

With other minor things this addon could bring back a ton of old players and gain lots of new ones, that I'm fairly sure of.

calim
06-06-06, 15:43
At what point did I say it was an actual Castle and at what point did I say it required any kind of capture the flag style gameplay?

you didn't say it, but the idea crossed my mind :-O

What I mean is 3 or so mega-outposts, like fortresses alongside the original Outposts which have and require much more advanced detail and time to hack into and obtain control of (I've seen other threads for Outpost ideas which would be good for it), almost to the stage of alliance vs alliance.

With other minor things this addon could bring back a ton of old players and gain lots of new ones, that I'm fairly sure of.

Of course it could bring back a lot of players, but do we want addons only to make more players , or a very interesting and studied addon which litteraly change the game and bring a really new breathing. ie: not like that "sims" addons :P i see from here "runners gets extended big outposts !", i'm scared to say it's not exciting to me ...
Maybe before that, we just need to wait for balance project to be released to get *core* changes...

cRazy-
06-06-06, 17:54
Of course it could bring back a lot of players, but do we want addons only to make more players , or a very interesting and studied addon which litteraly change the game and bring a really new breathing. ie: not like that "sims" addons :P i see from here "runners gets extended big outposts !", i'm scared to say it's not exciting to me ...
Maybe before that, we just need to wait for balance project to be released to get *core* changes...

Theres easily the possibility for huge addons but you have to look realistically and note that KK has very few staff now, at least not enough to make something overly huge which can take months (or years in KK's case).

Faid
06-06-06, 19:31
I like this idea of "super OPs" or an Alliance owned OP for either side. Maybe make it to where you need 2 or 3 different clans to hack it in order to secure it to your allied side (pro or anti). Of course this would only work if there were more people playing but it would prevent the "ninja" aspect somewhat.

It would also create a need for more than just 2 huge clans.

Asurmen Spec Op
07-06-06, 00:35
Crazy you should try playing planetside cus thats what you basicly just described :p. Its also got mechs and no fatals. As for puting this into neocron id rather see the gamecode fixed and the varius features finished first. Half of hacknets varius npcs are still without any function at all.
Except PS has crashes and the Dev team is re re

solid-rock
07-06-06, 19:41
Dont we already have a couple of fortress ops? I know there reagents fortress atleast dont remember any other though. But i supose those could just be upgraded.

CMaster
07-06-06, 19:42
Dont we already have a couple of fortress ops? I know there reagents fortress atleast dont remember any other though. But i supose those could just be upgraded.

They arent anything special. Just ops with reasonably heavy walls and a small (and larlgey useless) combat bonus. Theres plenty of them around the map.
As we all know, the current fortifications at an op work against the owners, not for them.

Kierz
08-06-06, 16:05
They should remake the fortress ops into real fortresses, there isn't an amazing amount of free space in the wastelands, you wouldn't want the ops any more crouded.

I like this idea of "super OPs" or an Alliance owned OP for either side. Maybe make it to where you need 2 or 3 different clans to hack it in order to secure it to your allied side (pro or anti). Of course this would only work if there were more people playing but it would prevent the "ninja" aspect somewhat.

It would also create a need for more than just 2 huge clans.<ALLIANCE> INFO: Outpost Jeriko Fortress is under attack. Security System Barrier 1 disabled.

and allowing any of the alliance to gr in without si, would be a pretty interesting concept and definately a good idea for unclanned players..

gamefreak
09-06-06, 00:44
and allowing any of the alliance to gr in without si, would be a pretty interesting concept and definately a good idea for unclanned players..

would be really cool, but the server would just say goodbye

Archy
16-06-06, 23:41
in conclusion, fortress wars would probably bring a total of about 10 new players, because the other 5 thousand would uninstall the game after having any type of sync/login/fre bug/crash and would really feel bad about downloading the whole thing. Note to cmaster, facts are facts, not rants.