PDA

View Full Version : Private Eye & Spy.

Zheo
02-06-06, 17:47
I had a though (scary i know some may wish to stop reading at this point).

Spies can do a hell of alot really, Trade Skill, Hacker, Driver, Pistoler, Rifler, Droner.

I know that the private eye is suposed to be average. However I did have this though:

Make PEs pistoler and rifler, and leave other stuff to spies.
So:

PE: Int: 45, Str: 60, Dex: 100, Con: 60, Psi: 35

However keep the spy or perhaps lower his dex by 20 and increase other stats, so that the spy becomes, Trade Skiller, Hacker, Driver or Droner.

Rather than direct pvp, this would also solve the problem of spies crappy need to drug for armour.

Of cause this isn't going to happen, but it IS an idea :P

Sylow
02-06-06, 17:54
The answer just was posted. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1990357#post1990357)

Dribble Joy
02-06-06, 18:17
Rather than direct pvp, this would also solve the problem of spies crappy need to drug for armour.
You're missing the point that all armour and items are probably going to change.

Apocalypsox
02-06-06, 23:46
fuck no. rifles spies are far supirior to rifle PEs any day. and i dont like playing PEs over spies. i like my uber 100dexness. :mad:

yuuki
02-06-06, 23:59
this would lead to noone except tradeskillers playing spies anymore. 8|
+ the clan hn chars ofc.

ashley watts
03-06-06, 00:31
WTF !?!, Are you crazy make spys 80 and im sure there will be many players gone including me, spys are the best and fun class to play, It's PE's that need less dex not spys. :mad:

Zheo
03-06-06, 00:53
First off it WAS an idea, not a fact of life, second off Apoc, read the damn thread, (I modded Pe's stats) so they'd have 100 dex. The idea was to make pe's different to spies, rather than "little spies" which is basically what they are now, they are just copy cat spies, who can use better psi, have better armour, but can't cap the weapons as easily and need drugs to use high end rares. Thats what i think is odd about pe's they can do pretty much anything a spy can do, in terms of using pistols and rifles, they just have to drug for them.

John Wu
03-06-06, 01:38
spies have better armor than PEs. PEs just make up for that with their higher con and in some cases br3/haz1/heat1. and spies dont have to drug for inqui armor.

just to correct some wrong assumptions from your side.

SorkZmok
03-06-06, 02:00
spies have better armor than PEs. PEs just make up for that with their higher con and in some cases br3/haz1/heat1. and spies dont have to drug for inqui armor.

just to correct some wrong assumptions from your side.
Spies have higher xray resists. Thats it. The difference between spy xray resist and PE xray resist isnt that big. Above a certain point, resists mean fuck all.

And PE dont make up for that _in some case_, if you want to play a viable pe you have to use NS for BR3/haz1/heat1.

And if you show me one spy who doesnt drug for inqui 1 armor, i'm gonna waste him. Cause a spy who uses implants to get into inqui armor is not viable compared to a spy who drugs into it.

The only difference between spies and PEs is that PEs have better psi. And more health.

If that damn PE PA wouldnt look so goddamn shitty, i'd play a PE over a spy anytime. Theyre better with the current game balance. Full stop.

John Wu
03-06-06, 02:05
Spies have higher xray resists. Thats it. The difference between spy xray resist and PE xray resist isnt that big. Above a certain point, resists mean fuck all.
I was just referring to his point that PEs have better armor, which they dont.

I was also referring to his point that spies are forced to drug for inqui. which they are not.

thats all I said. nothing more, nothing less. a spy who eats 5 drugs is of course 'more viable' than one who doesnt, no question.

yuuki
03-06-06, 10:43
pe pa is the only pa that looks good imo :p
that's why none of my other chars wears a pa :D

spy pa is better than pe pa for sure, but that's about it. imo spies have the worst armor in game, only good def against xray and energy/fire/poison depending on which belt they are wearing.

canuma100
03-06-06, 12:21
pe pa is the only pa that looks good imo :p
that's why none of my other chars wears a pa :D

spy pa is better than pe pa for sure, but that's about it. imo spies have the worst armor in game, only good def against xray and energy/fire/poison depending on which belt they are wearing.

the PEPA is the most Uglyst thing is this game....directlz after the Scarface Monks :D

John Wu
03-06-06, 13:02
I get the impression that you are comparing a PE to a spy that wears battlearmor. if you compare an inqui3/PA4 setup PE with an inqui1/PA3 setup spy, the spy has about 70 more armor points from his armor, about 30% more than PE.

I'm not saying that spies have better resist setups than PEs, which they surely dont have. I'm just saying spies have better armor, thats it.

pe pa .. I kinda got used to it, but I still remember the shock when I first saw that picture. first moment I thought it was a (bad) joke from KK...

edit: camo pa looks decent though .. at least after getting used to the design for a few years :D only pa my PE wears, even with first love setup I was using camo pa, and not pa4

yuuki
03-06-06, 13:13
erm that's what i meant with spy pa > pe pa, and the rest is worse (inqui 1< inqui 3/4).

and ofc i wear camo or none pa at all :p
which is hard as my male pe doesn't have a torso without pa, which sucks too

John Wu
03-06-06, 13:16
dont forget the belts. just make a setup for PE, purely armor, and one for spy, purely armor. I know which one I would choose if con etc didnt matter. spy armor > pe armor.

SorkZmok
03-06-06, 18:26
Yeh. And i hate that the difference between spies and PE is pretty much just the looks these days. :(

Let's pray KK actually manage to divide those 2 into 2 different classes and not just let PEs use all the spy stuff as they can now.

I'm so sick of all those Exec/Slasher PEs or the way too defensive xbow setups. They always give me damn hard fights. Like Jini. :lol:

yuuki
03-06-06, 18:41
tho the pe's look WAY better then the spies :p *

*true for male pe's only