PDA

View Full Version : npc tradeskills

sneezers
02-06-06, 08:23
was wondering if they were planning on adding npc trade people such as researchers, constuctors, repairers, etc. its hard to find people for some of these jobs especially late at night when the server is only at 5 or 6% capacity......they could make them outrageously expensive or cap their abilities so that if you want the really high end weapons maxed out you still have to use human playes........kinda sucks having to play at 2 in the morning with the bad awful gun of total suckiness...........when i could have the outstanding awesome gun of kickassness............just a thought

aKe`cj
02-06-06, 10:24
what servers do you play on?
In case it's terra... I'd sacrifice one of the four slots for an allrounder (cst, res, rep, rec ..).

Concerning tradeskill NPCs - no thanks.

Trent
28-06-06, 16:44
While some might not want tradeskill NPCs, there is an important issue here concerning a solo runner's ability to get a decent weapon (ig "good") when the average population on the server (Terra in my case) is awfully low.

It is quite possible to spend weeks trying to find a player who does construction and, even more frequently, a researcher to get thing researched and built. o_O

As a result, a player often must use a weapon that becomes decreasingly effective as the player gains experience - you simply can't take on high level mobs that causes 8 - 11 damage (this is an interesting expereince with a WB).

Now you can buy crap from vendors, but these "poor" or "bad" quality weapons are essentially useless - they are really just models to BP.

I feel it would be reasonable to have say, one vendor out in the swamp that would sell "average" or "good" quality weapons. At least a player could have a semi-useable weapon while waiting to hookup with a player tradeskiller.

Just a thought.

Trent "Indigo_Black"

boreal
28-06-06, 19:38
ok, i have deleted my last post to make that one a bit more good.

1. ask the TL you need when asking a RESS or a CSTR, it alway fun to see if yea i can log mine and do your job or no im too low (ps, tell us too when you find one)

2. ask if the guy who ress if he can build too

3. TIP WELL (how many time i will say it, don't tip for the gel and the BP. TIP LIKE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TIPPED IF IT WAS YOU WHO WHERE DOING THE DAMN JOB.) for a exemple, 25 K for 5 BP of a mid lvl weapon is a good tip, 10 K for low and usualy 50 K + for the hight and when you need RARES to be ress (even if it in your OWN CLAN) TIP WELL (it cost me 100 K for 30 Big pack of lube, MORE the tip of the guy, so 125 K) and usualy when i do rares, for like 10 (so if 4 rares ress = 1 big, then 12 rares ress = 4 (i usualy fail 1 time out of 5-6). don't be affraid that the guy BROKE it, he will (in my case) remplace it.

4. if you get EVERYTHING and even get low price for what you where expect, buddy is your friend, put that guy in your buddy or even ask again on trade chanel... ti sweet when someone is looking for you :D

5. last but not the less important, i can RESS BP, BP of WeaponPart (all of them) and even got a barter, if you don't have the Weapon part, PLZ TELL THE GUY WHO RESS FIRST, so he can make BP of it :D (i even able to make a little profit making-selling stuff i build :P)

i can make a inqui amor set (you know, the helm, amor, pant, boot and even a medium deflector belt) for as low as 20-30 K, if i sell it i made about 30-50 K, get off the gell it too me i drop to 20-30K profit. it not big, i can't let my guy like that (if i farm whit my gentank at firemob i get around 200-400 K in 1 houres). so tradeskiller aren't the guy if you wanna do fast $$$.... but are fun

RESS 220/150 - REP and REC too = Daakutenshi
Cstr 160/150 - REP and REC too = SilenceHunter
BRT 110 *my little brother acc* = Daark dragoon

so if you need something, DM us and we will surly help you

Dogface
28-06-06, 21:10
boreal, you totally missed the point of this thread and I think OP was making a suggestion about tradeskilling NPCs rather than your capabilities as a trader lol :wtf:

It really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, it does not take 'weeks' to find one person who constructs/researches/repairs/barters/recycles/implants at all. But if it does take you a while due to the timezone you're playing in, make yourself a trader. It doesn't take much skill to make levelling weapons, you can't really expect KK to go through a process of making this NPC work perfectly (As it would have to, it's quite an important area of the game) when it's a totally viable option to make one yourself which of course should be encouraged.

The idea to me isn't a wise one, it promotes solo play to an extent where you could quite easily play the game without having to be in contact with other players. This same problem may occur with you having your own traders, but a trader for yourself is a trader for another person to use. There's not really any excuse for not being able to make your own trader.

Now, poking NPCs I would welcome (but as someone else said in another thread, not 115) because you can't poke yourself and not everyone has those points to spare (especially in combat setups). A charge could also be given depending on TL. I'd be happy with this NPC because poking is in a totally different league when compared to other tradeskills, it's needed more often and it is crucial to the base element of this game (pvp). So yeah, poking NPC would be the only good NPC trader idea in my opinion.

boreal
28-06-06, 22:52
well... if you put some NPC who do the same as me (but whitout the hello and stuff) then what the point of having these skill

im not telling that as a joke, doing that gonna severly kill us (i talk about tradeskiller) so what, whit all the damn balance (who is do or die) and you want to put something who will (and im sure) put all to combat mode, since no one will care about weapon or stuff beeing ress by someone,,, they will go see the NPC and get they stuff done....

im again that idea... at 100 %

only think i find ''OK'' is the poker one... make it like tl 60 or 70 (so the Special and MC5 chip will need someone)

Trent
29-06-06, 03:23
You are missing the point. Getting an "average" weapon would (and is, for that matter) only provide a serviceable weapon - not a maxed out weapon, which you would still need to get from a player.

I can buy "shabby" or "bad" weapons right now, but they aren't worth a damn. You certainly buy these weapons now from an NPC, but you wouyldn't want to use it. An "average" weapon would be serviceable, but you would need to slog to the end of the swamp (for instance) to get to the NPC to sell you an "average" weapon. Some players would, others wouldn't. It would serve as a stop-gap situation until the player gets a better weapon built.

Just my opinion.

Trent (Indigo Black)

Safunte
01-07-06, 03:58
no tradeskilling npcs... even pokers, in the case of lower skill level npcs, it still kills the concept of a leveling tradeskiller (eventhough there hardly are any...).

If not having a tradeskiller the instant you ask for one bothers you, when it actually does happen (such as asking for a poke and someone immediately replying) then tip excessively well and tell them it was because they were there. the same goes for anything else, and other than that, if someone goes out oftheir way to tradeskill for you, tip extra well. Same concept as an expensive npc that does a shitty job making your stuff for you, except its done more effectively and the money goes to another person. (the ingame economy is fragile, the average player would be broke if all money went to npc traders that were expensive)

SizZLeR
01-07-06, 12:47
I think that the mainproblem is, that unless u r rather high lvl chr, u dont have the money to have someone cst a wep for u, as a noob i think that first paying like 15k for a wep at an npc, then paying say 20k to have someone make u 5 BPs of it, next paying around 20k for the parts and gels, and finally tip the cster 15k, those 70k is a lot to a noob chr.

Next u have to hope that u r lucky enough to find a resser and a cster to hlp u out, the total amount of time u spent on all this, u can almost lvl enough to use a new and higher tl wep!!

Then theres the possiblity to ask in trade if someone has a used csted wep, ive tried that a shitload of times and if anyone even replies, the answer is most likely "no sry" and so forth...

So being able to buy average weps at the npcs may not be such a bad idea and there will still be good reasons to get a csted wep instead.
Maybe only have it so for example weps <TL40 is affected, so after TL40 u have to get a cster and so on to get the average and above conditions, when using a wep >tl39 u shd be able to pay your way out of having one csted. ;)

When i started out on my first chr, i almost lost patience lvling cause it was soooo slow due to the fact that i couldnt get hold of a descent wep, and when i bought new weps from the npcs, i went almost bankrupt..

Then at the higher lvls it was all turned around, i always had loads of money and sometimes i didnt even know what to do with it, so i bought "fun stuff" like a doy bomber, gliders and so on...

When i started out my 4th chr after i had made a tank, a cster and a resser, it was easy to lvl, i could ress and cst for the new chr and i skilled his imping ability so he coulkd self poke.

When he needed money i just took it from my tank who were around 50/50 so he had loads of money and it took him no time to make an additional 100k if needed. ;)

Using the trading forums ingame to get hold of a wep, well i tried that a lot as well, and i think that 2/100 times i was lucky to actually getting hold of someone who had what i was looking for, eventually it turned out that the wep was already sold or simply was too expensive.

Problem again with a noob chr is, that who do u get to stop what theyre doing ingame, gr to their appt to pick up a wep and then gr to a gr station near u to trade u a wep for 15k??

I fully understand the high rank players who'd rather continue lvling and besides the xp make 50k in the same time itll take them to do all the gr'ing and getting SI for a lousy 15k.

However, ive often done noob chrs favours, like kitting them up when i meet this rank 8/* chr who has like 5k, i log my barter (Money Maker) and then we go shopping, i do my best to help them select the right imps and so on, then i chk his appt to see what weps i might have they can use (i tend to keep even low tl weps, solely for that same purpose), next i log the poker to poke the poor guy and i dont take his money.

I tellem that they can make it up to me later on if they like, when theyre more skilled earnig more money and so on, who knows, maybe in a couple of months ill be needin that ppu for lvling one of my other chrs?

I dunno how many players actually takes the time for such "projects" ingame, ive met a few when i was all noobish myself, but i must admit they didnt come across that often.

Also my experience is that many players act really impatient when u need them to hlp u out, u get msgs like "so u need this or what?" or "U comming or not?" even though u r doing things as fast as u can, i mean come on, give the noobs a break, when u choose to hlp one, do it properly and dont do it if u dont feel like spending some xtra time due to the poor guys lack of NC gaming experince! :)

unreal
01-07-06, 13:13
I don't want any tradeskilling NPC's either. The only one that should be even thought about is an implanting one, so that people don't have to wait around for a long time looking for a poker, but usually, there's 2+ pokers online even in the early hours. People just can't be bothered to look for them, and sit in TechHaven saying "omg theres no pokers".

There's definitely a problem with the price of constructing newbie weapons. Most of the items TL25 and above usually contain weapon part 7's along with other expensive parts, and when you have to build at least 10 of those, per individual weapon, it gets quite expensive with just the weapon part 7's alone.

Back when I used to be rich I built a whole series of different 2-5 slot newbie weapons that they could level with. I would lend them one, they 'd use it until they can use something better, they'd give it me back, and I'd let them borrow a better/higher TL one, and because I got the weapons back, the next newbie could use them and so on. The problem is a large amount of those were either not returned, or the people in question deleted their characters to reroll them, knowing all too well their (and obviously my) items would be erased, saying "o sry" like a pleb afterwards.

Spells are a different story though, but thankfully the ones they'll be needing are quite cheap to build, so that's not a problem.

I've only done the whole newbie weapon thing about 4 or 5 times in the last month, haven't really logged into Neocron much at all like everyone else I know. It would be a great help to newbies if those weapons were just sold at the best (or almost best) constructed condition possible, with a higher chance of slots so they can at least save up some of their money and carry on with faster levelling. To them even the ammo mods are expensive.

Edit: As Sizzler mentioned, I personally wouldn't want to switch characters to poke someone while getting SI from GRing and a receiving whole 2k tip which usually doesn't cost the GR fee, the same applies to doing low level tradeskilling. If I don't want to switch characters there and then, I'll usually stick them on my buddy list and message them later.

Trent
01-07-06, 16:42
I'm obviously not communicatring effectively with some members here. A single NPC tradeskiller in the swamp or in the desert or in some other remote or difficult to reach place (Regnant area?) who can provide "average" weapons will not kill off the tradeskill players - heck, you'd still need to find one to get "good" or better weapons and/or slots.

If you're a solo player, like me, who for various reasons can't or doesn't want to join a clan, you are often screwed - I've spent up to a half hour asking on the channels for a cster or a researcher with no luck. This is not a complaint against other players - it is simply a situation of where I'm playing and no one else is. Is it equitable for me to be forced to use a "shabby" quality weapon simply because I can't find anyone? A single NPC in a remote area I feel makes it fair to the tradeskill players and fair to me. After all, you can buy "good" or "better" drones from NPC now. There are quite a few of the NPC vendors out there for drones and it doesn't impact on the tradeskill players, does it? Players still go to tradeskill players to get high quality drones, yes?

Of course, there are the weapons that aren't available from tradeskill NPCs at all and players must go to tradeskill players to have them made. So, I really don't think that a single tradeskill NPC would mean that tradeskill players would be doomed. :D

Trent (Indigo Black)