View Full Version : Final Words.

Dirus
01-06-06, 12:06
I was hoping to be done with these boards, and it wouldn't come down to any of this, but with the posts as of late it seems I need to make one last post here.

First off, for the record I gave KK my notice that I was leaving on May 3rd, I did not quit back in early april.

Second, it is true that I posted at one point saying 75% of my characters were tradeskillers, however I also stated that was due to time constraints and that at the time I had closed my second account down. For my last 2-3 months of playing Neocron I had reactivated that second account and was somewhat active in that area of the game again, but like many others, the MB zoneline ect were not the kind of PvP I was interested in so it wasn't my main focus.

Third, you guys need to lay off Nidhogg, attacking him isnt going to do any good, I still have alot of respect for him and hold no ill will over any comments he's posted in regards to me. He's got one of the hardest jobs to do, and he's bound to keep the games best interest in mind with everything he posts.

Fourth.. I have no interest in discussing anything further on these boards so don't bother asking, cuz you wont see this name on these boards again.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 12:13
Can I have your name?

Tratos
01-06-06, 12:13
Then i guess all that can be said is bye Dirus, you were a great asset to the KK team.

Good luck where ever you go :/

Siygess
01-06-06, 12:22
If you're still here 20 minutes later, check your PMs.

Adios!

Jagrfelm
01-06-06, 12:22
Bye, Dirus, hope well see you again anyway.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 12:24
I think this should be an exception to the leaving thread- closed rule :)

cRazy-
01-06-06, 12:28
You tell em' Dirus.

Spermy
01-06-06, 12:36
An online playerbase is strange beast. Composed 33% bastard, 33% retard and 33% ingrate. There's 1% in there that has yet to be defined. For all the things said on this forum by pretty much anyone about KK, I doubt there's any real malice intended.

Words on a screen can't hurt you.

We all know how hard people work, and yeah, we're all thankful for it. On the other hand we're all likely to vent our frustrations on these here forums. They're here for expressing our point of view.

I don't think that you, or anyone from KK need to justify your departure from the team. It's irrelevant when the notice was handed in, when you left, whatever. The fact is you left, and to be honest, thats nobody's business but yours. If anyone says different, they have boundary issues.

2nd up, personally, I doubt it matters what your own player class was, you addressed the game as a whole, and you did it oretty well. Anyone using the argument about player classes played by KK staff really don't have much holding them together.

3rd. We all know Nid does a good job, but as he tends to be one of our few links to KK, he's bound to catch flak. He's also bound to have people contest his actions and opinions. It's part of the job, and I can think of worse. If he couldn't hack it, he wouldn't be doing it.

4th So long, cheers for the input.

TTFN.

sanityislost
01-06-06, 12:40
Laterz dude...rawr

SiL ..:..

cRazy-
01-06-06, 12:41
An online playerbase is strange beast. Composed 33% bastard, 33% retard and 33% ingrate. There's 1% in there that has yet to be defined.

That 1% is myself, more commonly known as 'cool as fuck'.

And anyway I wouldn't of suspected Dirus to make a thread like this but after all the unexpected aggrovation from some of the community in a way I'm not surprised.

So cya around I guess.

Spermy
01-06-06, 12:45

And anyway I wouldn't of suspected Dirus to make a thread like this but after all the unexpected aggrovation from some of the community in a way I'm not surprised.

So cya around I guess.

To be fair, if they're going to snipe at inconsequential things as this, then fuck them. I mean Christ, who would seriously base an argument on the performance of the balancing process purely on what class those involved play? Surely to keep thier jobs, they'd have to do them properly, IE balance properly. Otherwise they wouldn't be in the team.

Which fucktard used that argument?

As for flakking Nid, we're all guilty at some point or another. :S

RogerRamjet
01-06-06, 12:45

So cya around I guess.

I think i also fall into that demonination.

Anyway, later Dirus, thankyou for being a part of my favourite game :)

Good luck in the future.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 12:48
I fall into the category of "Sick as fuck" :rolleyes:

giga191
01-06-06, 13:01
Third, you guys need to lay off Nidhogg, attacking him isnt going to do any good. /signed

Should be bannable, it's just getting a bit old

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 13:09
We love our moderators and it's said to see Dirus go :(

Riddle
01-06-06, 14:07
another one bites the dust :(

Thanks for all the effort and Good Luck in the future! :D

SorkZmok
01-06-06, 15:59
I fall into the category of "Sick as fuck" :rolleyes:
I usually end up in the "too drunk to fuck" category. :lol:

Anyway, bye Dirus. :(

Apocalypsox
01-06-06, 16:06
we love you dirius :( visit us once in a while eh?

im usually in the "Dead as fuck" category.

Dribble Joy
01-06-06, 16:11
Sex in your pie hole. Later mush.

Trillian
01-06-06, 18:20
The world is darker now that Dirus is gone.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 18:39
Trill's become an emo! :eek:

suler
01-06-06, 20:09
sucks

Terayon
01-06-06, 21:52
Bye. :(

Scanner Darkly
01-06-06, 23:21
The world is darker now that Dirus is gone.

It's not his funeral Trill, but I share your sentiments.

It's a shame another positive force has left the community. Good luck in the future you ole Canadian you!

Heavyporker
02-06-06, 00:14
Ahhh.. damn.

Now that's a sorry sight to see.

I'm afraid to see what this does to the pace of improvements to the game. *sigh*.

Goodbye, dude. You were a pretty cool person to know.

Kierz
02-06-06, 00:23
*cries*
i met you ingame twice, once along by a10 on some shore a year ago, i was a total newbie to the game and snowcrash flew me and some mates to the canyon and you ran along under us.
then you was chatting on ooc recently, it was cool to know someone at kk had the ideas you had..

will miss ya man
nc dies soon =[
edit/ also come nf sometime, it's quite active these days, we don't need to know its you =)

Pantho
02-06-06, 00:47
Sorry to see you leave, although ull never read these posts

$ir Mafia
02-06-06, 01:03
Bye

Damn, i think NC is dying

LiL T
02-06-06, 01:21
laterz =/

Koshinn
02-06-06, 01:22
leaving thread.

/closed

:p

Bye Dirus!

Archy
02-06-06, 01:52
S! Dirus :(

Vryce
02-06-06, 03:20
Hate to see ya go.......sad to see one the KK team hit the road, but, good luck and thanks for all the fish.

O/T: Siygess - hey there, haven't seen your face here in a long time.

Superbron
02-06-06, 09:37
Thanks for all the great work you've done for making Neocron a better place. Sad to see you go :(

Bye bye Dirus

Zheo
02-06-06, 10:55
Take care Dirus, If I could I'd buy you a drink and shake your hand, but with a 3000 mile gap between us I don't see it happening. Remember to enjoy life in whatever you do, you only live once :) You've done an amazing job, and we're all very sorry to see you leave.

Good luck!

giga191
02-06-06, 11:29
They always come back :D

Marx
03-06-06, 00:01
They always come back :D

Not true, but they often check in to see how things are going. ;P

eprodigy
03-06-06, 02:35
I don't read the boards too often lately. Is there a previous post explaining why he's leaving or regarding the tone of this message? I couldn't find one..

nellus
03-06-06, 08:43
So long Dirus, good luck mate. ;)

NAPPER
03-06-06, 09:02
sorry to see you leave mate
are you going to a new game or just getting on with your life and leaving the gaming life alone ?

giga191
04-06-06, 00:40
Not true, but they often check in to see how things are going. ;P He'll be back, but named something differently :p

BlackDove
04-06-06, 05:40
He'll be back, but named something differently :p

I don't think so.

Apocalypsox
04-06-06, 07:42
I don't think so.

to be honest i wouldnt be surprised...unless dirius isnt a very serious gamer. only did it for a job.