PDA

View Full Version : MMO's that are pro...

nobby
31-05-06, 21:40
Hello, Can someone tell me a really addictive MMO that they play, Neocron is quiet with it's 130 man peak pop.

I've tried planetside, gets boring too quick, I tried the matrix online, combat is shite and boring with only missions to do.
I did give anarchy online a try, but left due to not knowing what to do.

However, I did buy SWG not too long ago with it's expansions, but soon got bored even though I enjoyed it's 1st person shooter element...

I tried everquest 2 for 2 months, enjoyed the music, the gameplay got rather boring.

I did play city of heroes and Villains for a while, then left because my clan left and I couldn't afford the electricity bill for our base...and I got rather bored also.

World of Warcraft seemed rather tedious when I played it a year ago with just missions to do, though I am tempted to retry the game because of the amount of people who have died from playing it.

I did play Guild wars for a while and got addicted to it ... but it soon wore off.

I tried Eve online - left after the 4 hour tutorial...

I did buy a month of face of mankind, but left in the 1st month after seeing the population after all the people left from beta, didn't seem worth it, also I got kicked out of the army for not following orders, I only asked Why I was forced to guard a door for 4 hours a day, which the enemy couldn't even get to...wtf

and last of all, I tried Dark age of camalot, which i thought was rather wank and I left in the 2nd day of playing.

Someone enlighten me with a decent mmo that is actually fun and doesn't get boring so quick...

cRazy-
31-05-06, 21:45
You've pretty much played every mainstream MMO in existance, congrats champ.

I cant really think of any others since I'm too tired but you could wait for Huxley, Twilight War or just wait until early 2010.

Hell-demon
31-05-06, 21:54
if MMORPGs get you bored....play a single palyer game till you get the hunger for online shizzle :)

RusSki
31-05-06, 21:54
Hav you tried a game called neocron, i think its one of the best.

and i agree one player games do help you to get back the desire to play. but they feel so.... lonely. :(

Hell-demon
31-05-06, 21:56
Get Time of Defiance. Very old but great :D

cRazy-
31-05-06, 21:56
"/Edit: Dirus brought RF Online to my attention as a possible MMO to try"

Hell-demon
31-05-06, 22:00
RF online will bore Nobby definetly. It's had bad reviews, harsh criticism and it's shite!

It's oriental so Nobby may get a hard on :rolleyes:

Time of Defiance (http://www.nicelycrafted.com/todc/)

aKe`cj
31-05-06, 22:09
lvl a char on mars and beat the shit outta them carebears .. that'll keep you busy despite the low pops :D

MkVenner
31-05-06, 22:17
There's not much out there...NC is really the best out there for me, FoM was ok for a while, but they fucked the shit outta that. Eve is addictive for a week or two, then stone-cold-boring for a year or two. Anything else point and click or with elves and shit really doesn't get along with me AT ALL. I hear Puzzle Pirates is actually kinda fun (I know...I know, in my defence I've not actually played it) and the new one Bang! Howdy set in the Wild West...Only games I play atm are BF1942: DC, BF:V and Bubbles! :p (http://www.ianai.net/jokes/bubble.swf)

At the moment I'm just keeping my eye on a few in production MMOs, Huxley, Exanimus and Pirates of the Burning Sea.

sanityislost
31-05-06, 22:32
Huxley is the game i dream about....that and me and chicks on ice skates being
run over by trains......cant wait for it to come out!!

SiL ..:..

Apocalypsox
31-05-06, 22:50
Wait for Twilight War. if GC doesnt fuck it up. other than that your playing the best MMO on the market atm. go play CSS or something if you dont wanna play NC. or do what i did. go get another NC account and be a noobie all over again.

pabz
31-05-06, 22:55
I cant be bothered with any other mmo. If I dont play this I will play the odd fps game. I don't want to get to tied down by more games :angel:

Hell-demon
31-05-06, 22:57
Damn you MKVENNER and your addictive bubble game! :mad:

MkVenner
31-05-06, 23:32
Damn you MKVENNER and your addictive bubble game! :mad:

I know...it's like crack lol

nobby
31-05-06, 23:58
Hav you tried a game called neocron, i think its one of the best.

The game with it's same old unplayable bugs that have been running for 4 years and the not worth lvling grind because of it's AMAZING population?
yay go 121 players!

btw I did play RF online for 2 months, was fun playing with purple and aaron, but it got into a lvling grind and nothing else.

Turned into a boring nothingness!

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 00:03
Nobby try time of defiance you'll love it!

Clive tombstone
01-06-06, 00:09
Auto assualt its pretty damn fun, especially with the havok engine^^. lv 68 human command. Drivin a tank over bitches^^

solling
01-06-06, 00:54
twilight wars looks really bad :( had great hopes for that one

the one to watch is huxley (out the 23rd of june i think?)

or tabelu raza (out the 20th of october) both have the same kinda pvp as neocron and char setups etc and looks sweet :)

thats the games we will try out

Nidhogg
01-06-06, 01:07
Toontown Online?

N

nobby
01-06-06, 01:12
OOOooo

Mickey Mouse :)

Nidhogg
01-06-06, 01:16
OOOooo

Mickey Mouse :)
No, I've heard it's quite good, if you like that sort of thing. ;)

N

unreal
01-06-06, 01:16
I would say play a single player game as well. Games like PlanetSide get incredibly boring as you mentioned if you play them all the time, so you'll need to play something that fills in the "boring" gap. This is how the routine goes for me when playing PlanetSide.
Run PlanetSide.
Login.
Find a random squad to join, so I have a bit of support.
Jump in a Reaver or Mosquito.
Go to where the squad/action is.
Flying around, quite quickly getting gang banged by a load of BFR's that spam homing rockets through the air. Fly away, repair my vehicle, fly back, get owned.
Repeart 4 through 6, occasionally racking up a kill.
Get tired of being wtfpwnt and kill PlanetSide.
Shoot people in the face, after launching Hitman: Blood Money. :rolleyes:
The next games I'll be playing are Dead Rising, and Alan Wake when it gets released, wish they would hurry up damnit. I'm surely I'll find something else to play before it gets released though, but Alan Wake is most definitely FTW (see attachments :p).

nobby
01-06-06, 01:21
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6660/toontown3nm.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=toontown3nm.jpg)

nobby
01-06-06, 01:50
bored of it now, too slow paced for me nidhogg :p

Apocalypsox
01-06-06, 01:51
*waits for someone to finish photoshopping that pic nobby posted*

TBH solling doesnt know what he talks about. twilight war...is a MMORPG...like NEOCRACK...kinda...with the FUCKING SOURCE ENGINE!!! ITS A FUCKING HALFLIFE 2 ENGINE FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN!!!

//stfu pabs :p

pabz
01-06-06, 01:57
*waits for someone to finish photoshopping that pic nobby posted*

TBH solling doesnt know what he talks about. twilight war...is a MMORPG...like NEOCRACK...kinda...with the FUCKING SCOURE ENGINE!!! ITS A FUCKING HALFLIFE 2 ENGINE FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN!!!
You spelt source wrong

nobby
01-06-06, 02:03
Indeed he did !

What a Noob!

kane
01-06-06, 02:03
Like everyone else NC is dying but all these new games I already played and done or did not like :( Endless Ages and Neocron 2 games I loved both made mistake and added to much to it and not enough players and boom :(

CMaster
01-06-06, 02:09
Twiglight war is being developed by a chinese company now, and probably targeted at the asian market. Theres no reason neceissarily to even think the'll use the stuff you've seen so far - the interviews I read suggested they were making a wholly new game.

I'm enjoying planetside, but its not a game I could play constantly.
Try looking away from MMOs Nobby. If its the need for people, there are clans and server-bsed communities in loads of games.

nobby
01-06-06, 02:16
To be honest, I would like to join a BF1942 clan :)
BF2 was a bit shite imo

btw hell Demon- I try logging in, whats the problem?

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 02:20
I dunno make sure ya account is ok and ya e-mail address and other stuff are typed in fine.

Archy
01-06-06, 02:25
world war 2 online is what i play when i'm annoyed with nc

nobby
01-06-06, 04:33
I once tried it, but couldn't move and was told I needed a joy stick so I left ww2 online right away

Archy
01-06-06, 04:42
get a sidewinder precision pro or something similar, youll be able to use everything, you can still use all ground units except tanks without any joystick. It's so easy to map keys in that game also it has the best keymapper ive seen in any game, you can change your controls ingame now...

Archy
01-06-06, 04:46
Im not suscribed atm but i have played about 5 years. It's fun to be able to destroy a whole column of tanks or tons of infantry with machine guns and make a difference unlike other games. I'm saddened though that Neocron and WWiionline have less popularity amongst gamers. I wish those 2 games would get funding so the games would become next gen mmo's as i feel theyre already been a step ahead as i like complex games.

Both games needs new engine tbh

Spermy
01-06-06, 11:35
RF online will bore Nobby definetly. It's had bad reviews, harsh criticism and it's shite!

It's oriental so Nobby may get a hard on :rolleyes:

Time of Defiance (http://www.nicelycrafted.com/todc/)

/disagree - Found RF to be a top laugh, was very promising and I only left it due to uni work piling up. Massive potential. Although I would say wait a while till it gets in gear, it's only 5 or so months old.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 12:32
RF is a big pile of hairy wank...

Tratos
01-06-06, 12:39
Im playing the EVE 14day trial atm, only played for about 2 hours ish and im still doing the tutorial - damn it's looooooooooooooooooooooooong, lol

If anyone is interested Click Here (https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=101165) the client is on the same site and took all of 35 minutes to download at about 210kbps.

Spermy
01-06-06, 12:50
Im playing the EVE 14day trial atm, only played for about 2 hours ish and im still doing the tutorial - damn it's looooooooooooooooooooooooong, lol

If anyone is interested Click Here (https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?aid=101165) the client is on the same site and took all of 35 minutes to download at about 210kbps.

Eve is one of the most interesting out there. There's a ton of thinking involved, and after watching Corp vs Corp warfare I have to say PvP has massive scope. The mechanics in places require a flippin degree to get your head around ( torpedo/missile mechanics as explained on the site).

It's one of those things though. If you have the head for it, and the motivation, it rocks socks worldwide. If you don't you'll hate it.

Personally I love it, but I always end up being swamped with stuff to do during my sub time. As a result my character development suffers, I fall behind and become frustrated.

If you have the time to quickly hop on and change skills or whatever it's not a problem. I just didn't always have the time to.

Top game in my opinion.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 13:10
Eve is just vastly complex and the learning curve must be harder than a priest in a play ground :wtf:

Spermy
01-06-06, 13:19
Eve is just vastly complex and the learning curve must be harder than a priest in a play ground :wtf:

When you figure out why the hell people keep spamming the chats with " it is the correct dread!" you know you've cracked it.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 13:20
Can't you people stick with NC, it's more fun :)

Rob01m
01-06-06, 13:27
I'm not sure how available FFXI is over there, you can give that one a try. No PvP but it's fun if you're into that. I lasted a long while in that game before getting upset with the farmers and exploiters. :o

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 13:36
See NC is good becuase it's not generic.

All this turn based crap and big titted elves is bollox!

Rob01m
01-06-06, 13:38
See NC is good becuase it's not generic.

All this turn based crap and big titted elves is bollox!

Agreed. Just wish it would go beyond it's former glory. :(

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 13:38
If you play the NC offline demo you can actually hear your computer sobbing :rolleyes:

nobby
01-06-06, 13:57
what ever happened to that asian release?

I always wanted to be running around speak the odd word of Mandarin and using my Über Japanese skills :(

Riddle
01-06-06, 14:01
Huxley hmmm....

http://www.2weird.co.uk/files/images/huxley/screenshots/huxley_screenshot_04.jpg

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 14:05
*Slaps Nobby*

Asian thingy went down the pan AGES ago. Apparently KK can't compete with the asian market. See we got no big titted elves :rolleyes:

Rob01m
01-06-06, 14:06
*Slaps Nobby*

Asian thingy went down the pan AGES ago. Apparently KK can't compete with the asian market. See we got no big titted elves :rolleyes:

Needs more tentacle raping monsters on warbots with big tits tbh. :lol:

Tratos
01-06-06, 14:06
what ever happened to that asian release?

I always wanted to be running around speak the odd word of Mandarin and using my Über Japanese skills :(
It Failed. Miserably.

Quite a large waste of time and resources too. I'd play Neocron if i wasnt bored - not alot happens in game and when it does we dont get that huge a warning.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 14:08
Big mistake it was. Also, see Neptune...

Big mistake.

LiL T
01-06-06, 14:11
When you figure out why the hell people keep spamming the chats with " it is the correct dread!" you know you've cracked it.

Hehe

Eve only gets good once you get your first race of ship maxed out, I mean T2 guns and the support skills at lvl 4 - 5. Me I fly the raven and I'm now training for the missile dread gonna take ages lol =/

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 14:12
o_O

Flobadob blib blob bleep

Rob01m
01-06-06, 14:15
Hehe

Eve only gets good once you get your first race of ship maxed out, I mean T2 guns and the support skills at lvl 4 - 5. Me I fly the raven and I'm now training for the missile dread gonna take ages lol =/

Yeah EVE was fun, but it takes a lot of time to really get anywhere. Real life time. They add more and more all the time, and they are great with development... But it's hard to start up again after leaving, because starting from scratch isn't so great when you already had so much in the past.

I was fighting in a Brutix last I remember, working on my skills and gaining money for a Megathron. :lol:

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 14:17
Yeah, well...I sexually assaulted someone in NC. Soooo there :rolleyes:

nobby
01-06-06, 14:19
eugh...I don't wanna remember that time...a man with a skeleton mask took me into his apartment and....an..d...experimented with me...

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 14:21
Hey, you said you liked it. I did put some anime on just for you, I wasn't entirely self centred :rolleyes:

nobby
01-06-06, 14:22
Yes that Naruto episode was rather ok

"onbu!" ahhh!

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 14:23
Yeah say my name bitch

nobby
01-06-06, 14:24
HELL DEMON !!!

wooo

btw, can we start a neocron Eve clan thingy !

I wanna play but not get bored by the tutorial :p

Rob01m
01-06-06, 14:24
Yes that Naruto episode was rather ok

"onbu!" ahhh!
Better than dancing teacups.

Anyways... back on topic... :p
Did EVE-Online have any recent changes and additions? Hell maybe I'll give it another go, assuming someone on here wants to invite me. It's more fun in a group. :lol:

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 14:25
Eve sucks. It's a big pile of hairy wank

Rob01m
01-06-06, 14:26
Eve sucks. It's a big pile of hairy wank
But it's not asian! ;)

Seriously, what don't you like about it?

John Bushido
01-06-06, 14:29
Just stay and continue playing NC for a while, at the end of the year and next year there are a lot of games in the starting blocks

Sci Fi
Tabula Rasa
Huxley
Fallen Earth

Fantasy
Vanguard - Saga of Heroes
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online - Age of Reckogning
Pirates of the Burning Sea

These are those games who worth to test, especially Huxley, WHO and Pirates of the Burning sea looks great, in Graphics and Gameplay

Rob01m
01-06-06, 14:33
Just stay and continue playing NC for a while, at the end of the year and next year there are a lot of games in the starting blocks

Sci Fi
Tabula Rasa
Huxley
Fallen Earth

Fantasy
Vanguard - Saga of Heroes
Age of Conan
Warhammer Online - Age of Reckogning
Pirates of the Burning Sea

These are those games who worth to test, especially Huxley, WHO and Pirates of the Burning sea looks great, in Graphics and Gameplay

Do you know what any of them are like at this point? Too lazy atm... :D

I do play NC and don't intend to stop until it dies, but I have always played multiple MMOs at once.

John Bushido
01-06-06, 14:46
Sci Fi
Tabula Rasa - Fall 2006
Huxley - 1st Quarter 2007 (but not officialy confirmed afaik)
Fallen Earth - no exact date atm but should be published 2007

Fantasy
Vanguard - Saga of Heroes - Winter 06 - spring 07
Age of Conan - 1st Quarter 2007
Warhammer Online - Age of Reckogning - 2nd Quartal 2007
Pirates of the Burning Sea - somewhere 2007

Apocalypsox
01-06-06, 16:14
i was eagerly waiting for Huxley before i found Twilight War...now that Twilight War pretty much went down the crapper according to most people...ill eagerly await money to update my computer to play huxley...i think that all of the NC players that get into Huxley need to make an uber 1337 clan using our NC PvP experience to our advantage.

Rob01m
01-06-06, 16:17
i was eagerly waiting for Huxley before i found Twilight War...now that Twilight War pretty much went down the crapper according to most people...ill eagerly await money to update my computer to play huxley...i think that all of the NC players that get into Huxley need to make an uber 1337 clan using our NC PvP experience to our advantage.

So what's the general premise of Huxley? I might have read about it once a long time ago, but haven't been keeping up to date...

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 16:41
It's unreal tournament but RPG

CMaster
01-06-06, 16:46
It's unreal tournament but RPG

What I've read suggests theres no RPG elelemnt to it.
Unreal Torunament but MMMO seems more suitable a description.

Spermy
01-06-06, 16:49
FOM but looking pretty is what I've heard on teh grapevine.

solid-rock
01-06-06, 17:04
Hello, Can someone tell me a really addictive MMO that they play, Neocron is quiet with it's 130 man peak pop.

I've tried planetside, gets boring too quick, I tried the matrix online, combat is shite and boring with only missions to do.
I did give anarchy online a try, but left due to not knowing what to do.

However, I did buy SWG not too long ago with it's expansions, but soon got bored even though I enjoyed it's 1st person shooter element...

I tried everquest 2 for 2 months, enjoyed the music, the gameplay got rather boring.

I did play city of heroes and Villains for a while, then left because my clan left and I couldn't afford the electricity bill for our base...and I got rather bored also.

World of Warcraft seemed rather tedious when I played it a year ago with just missions to do, though I am tempted to retry the game because of the amount of people who have died from playing it.

I did play Guild wars for a while and got addicted to it ... but it soon wore off.

I tried Eve online - left after the 4 hour tutorial...

I did buy a month of face of mankind, but left in the 1st month after seeing the population after all the people left from beta, didn't seem worth it, also I got kicked out of the army for not following orders, I only asked Why I was forced to guard a door for 4 hours a day, which the enemy couldn't even get to...wtf

and last of all, I tried Dark age of camalot, which i thought was rather wank and I left in the 2nd day of playing.

Someone enlighten me with a decent mmo that is actually fun and doesn't get boring so quick...

cba to read through all 5 pages here but ive played every damn mainstream game there is and for a minimum of 1 month each. So trust me when i say your best bet it to go back and give eve another chance. The toutorial is long and tedius cus the game is rather complicated. Witch is why its so fun. Its got an almost completely player driven ecenomy meaning if 2 big aliances go to war youll have a universal inflation of ship and weapons prices as the come in to higher demand. Also due to the "AFK" skill training in lack of a better word it makes a good secondary mmog. You dont have to play it dedicadetly to progress, although you will need to work your arse off to earn money for that new ship. Unlike other games where you quickly end up having more money than you can be arsed to spend.

Spermy
01-06-06, 17:06
Oh yeah, and for the record, I have never mined in my life. There's better ways to make money, it has a massive scope for piracy, and as the economy is player driven, there's a ton of things you can racketeer in.

One I'm going to try next Time I venture in is money-lending *evil* In the past I've run convoy assaults in a corp, and taken over various tracts "freighter highway". List of possibilites is endless.

Rob01m
01-06-06, 17:09
cba to read through all 5 pages here but ive played every damn mainstream game there is and for a minimum of 1 month each. So trust me when i say your best bet it to go back and give eve another chance. The toutorial is long and tedius cus the game is rather complicated. Witch is why its so fun. Its got an almost completely player driven ecenomy meaning if 2 big aliances go to war youll have a universal inflation of ship and weapons prices as the come in to higher demand. Also due to the "AFK" skill training in lack of a better word it makes a good secondary mmog. You dont have to play it dedicadetly to progress, although you will need to work your arse off to earn money for that new ship. Unlike other games where you quickly end up having more money than you can be arsed to spend.

Yeah, I was basically playing it as a secondary MMO for a lot of the time. I like the game, but its daunting to think at how much actual time, regardless of player ability it will take to get to do big things in the game. I don't mind starting small, but you don't exactly advance fast, even if you are completely focused and make a nicely attributed character.

But if anyone out there wants to invite me and has a use for me in their EVE group I might give it another go. Just be patient because I'll be small potatoes for a long while. :angel:

n3m
01-06-06, 18:19
Sci Fi
Tabula Rasa - Fall 2006
Fallen Earth - no exact date atm but should be published 2007

Fantasy
Vanguard - Saga of Heroes - Winter 06 - spring 07
Age of Conan - 1st Quarter 2007
Warhammer Online - Age of Reckogning - 2nd Quartal 2007
Pirates of the Burning Sea - somewhere 2007

Tabula Rasa looks good, but then again..
NCsoft usually makes games that look great but are only fun
for about 2, maybe 3 hours..

giga191
01-06-06, 18:32
Darkfall sounds good, but as I said earlier, it is probably too good to be true.

Hell-demon
01-06-06, 19:06
The only reason i don't log into NC that much is the horrible looking characters. If my char looked decent and not buggy I'd be hooked for good :)

solid-rock
01-06-06, 20:31
Yeah, I was basically playing it as a secondary MMO for a lot of the time. I like the game, but its daunting to think at how much actual time, regardless of player ability it will take to get to do big things in the game. I don't mind starting small, but you don't exactly advance fast, even if you are completely focused and make a nicely attributed character.

But if anyone out there wants to invite me and has a use for me in their EVE group I might give it another go. Just be patient because I'll be small potatoes for a long while. :angel:

ATM im trying to drum up interest for an SXR run even corp. Im gunna reactivate if i manage to get eanough people interested. Ive got an old char that flyes battleships and manage corps although hes kinda fucked for combat skills. Witch is why ive got a new main that kicks ass with his killer cruiser :P. Ofcourse he started life with a couple of million credits he inherited. Only took 2 weeks or so to train him to fly a combat worthy cruiser.

solling
01-06-06, 20:45

i saw on several sites it was 2006 june 23rd but i also heard from peopel it was 2007 where is the official information ? ( btw on amazon u can order it now and release date say 23rd june)

Rob01m
01-06-06, 21:00
ATM im trying to drum up interest for an SXR run even corp. Im gunna reactivate if i manage to get eanough people interested. Ive got an old char that flyes battleships and manage corps although hes kinda fucked for combat skills. Witch is why ive got a new main that kicks ass with his killer cruiser :P. Ofcourse he started life with a couple of million credits he inherited. Only took 2 weeks or so to train him to fly a combat worthy cruiser.

Well, hey I'll play if you can get enough interest. :D I'll probably have 2 accounts like before, one focused on combat, one on science/industry.

My accounts will have to be from scratch though. :\ Are you thinking of doing anything with the corp in particular?

nobby
02-06-06, 04:26
Project entropia seems my next future...

People making money owning land and charging a percentage of money on what people mine, get from killing a mob ect...

1 guy I've seen gets £5000 a week :p

Like fuck school, Play PE?

kthxbye

Archy
02-06-06, 04:29
I've played PE with someone i met in another game (wurmonline) and he gave me some ammo/weapon and armor but i never really liked that game. It did not give me any fun, the combat was awefull.

nobby
02-06-06, 05:05
Project Entropia For The Win !!!

I Could sit and watch telly for Hours!
and there's no monthly fee!

Whats there to watch in Neocron? A "Wanted" sign with the same 3 pictures that have been flashing for the last 4 years :p

weeeeee

http://i3.tinypic.com/11glvv8.jpg

Apocalypsox
02-06-06, 07:18
i for once agree with nobby. ENtropia sounds fucking great. im downloading the client now.

solid-rock
02-06-06, 09:36
I played PE for a while when it whas still new. I even put some money into it, but the economy whas fubared back then and it whas imposible to earn a profit doing anything since your equipment degraded way too fast. Also you couldnt acually take money back out of the game although you where suposed to be able to. Still got my character though still got a neat gun and some awesome threads aswell.

Nidhogg
02-06-06, 11:07
Lol, I await Nobby's "I've lost all my money :(" message. The attraction of PE is the same attraction as online poker, but remember, money isn't invented out of thin air which means that guy who makes 5 grand a week takes it out of the pocket of other people, possibly you. ;)

N

rob444
02-06-06, 11:09
Hehe never wanted to play PE because it will probably cost you more than any other regular mmorpg out there :P.

unreal
02-06-06, 11:11
Project Entropia is for the bin. The amount of customization you can do to your character regarding clothing/whatnot is nice, but on the down side, whatever happens, they end up looking like bondage lovers. Licking some dinosaurs nutsack to gather sweat for hours on end doesn't make things any better either. No wonder nobby loves it. :p

Might as well add it's totally crap for PvPing too. Neocron > Project Entropia.

giga191
02-06-06, 11:28
KK should aim at getting old players back instead of new players, the free 2.1. trial proved how many people are waiting to come back, but unfortunately they were disapointed. I also get the feeling that there are a lot of active accounts but people just aren't playing them atm

nobby
02-06-06, 11:59
I'm tempted to buy my own land :p

LiL T
02-06-06, 12:18
KK should aim at getting old players back instead of new players, the free 2.1. trial proved how many people are waiting to come back, but unfortunately they were disapointed. I also get the feeling that there are a lot of active accounts but people just aren't playing them atm

I agree

TBH they should just remove all those old mobs, totaly bin them and make new mobs with much better AI and tactics to kill players. when I'm out walking through the wastes, I want to be scared that some mob might want to have my PE for its lunch. Its a total joke when you think about it, KK don't have their prioritys straight, the first thing people will experence in this game is the lvling and quests. Its a real shame that most never get past there first faction epic, maybe they are put of from the lack of content and good eye candy.

Hell-demon
02-06-06, 12:37
You want bad looking shitty mobs, then look at the launcher cyclops.

Tratos
02-06-06, 13:23
You want bad looking shitty mobs, then look at the launcher cyclops.
It's an excellent mob it just doesnt do itself justice with it's appearance.

Riddle
02-06-06, 13:45
I am amazed at the size of this discussion, suggestions of other games, people downloading etc. etc. even some in here i may take a look at :D

WHY? I ask you

Have you all had enough of NC or just time filling until the patch ;)

P.S. logged in for the first time in two months the other night to a pop of 9%
kinda sux that you pay to play a MMO and are reduced to single player mode!

DON'T LET THIS GAME DIE KK !

giga191
02-06-06, 14:22
Have you all had enough of NC or just time filling until the patch ;)
Everyone is waiting for the next patch. It just takes one good bugless patch to bring lots of people back. I just hope that over the next few months, KK get their priorities right so that they are just purely fixing bugs and balancing. There's a lot of PvP content already in this game without having to add any new content, if they just balanced the current PvP items properly then it's as good as adding new content and we might actually start seeing some variations in setups instead of the current cookie cutter BS.

Hell-demon
02-06-06, 14:40
I think a majority of people are waiting. However, quite a bit are now realising that KK aren't improving the game in ways they should.

KK promised us evo 2.2 round about this time. No word on it although we have been told we can recieve some new WOC PAs. Let's hope KK remember to open up the ceres lab as well or else those PAs will be useless. :rolleyes:

Also the balancing thread has been updated at a very very very slow speed. Is it going to end up like theme weeks forum :wtf:

Also, story wise we were promsied interesting events, plot moving forward etc...

We've seen fuck all to be honest. Not everyone is content reading neocronicle articles. We need in game events. No word on the new pay system, test server, patch, evo 2.2. And communication with the community is shite.

That could be why population is a tad low :rolleyes:

Apocalypsox
02-06-06, 15:17
im just mostly time filling. i will play NC till i die, but its kinda dull with everyone else logged out waiting for the patch.

giga191
02-06-06, 15:44
i hope they open up the test server soon, i'm sure there's quite a few people in the community who will gladly test things for KK.

Apocalypsox
02-06-06, 16:01
i hope they open up the test server soon, i'm sure there's quite a few people in the community who will gladly test things for KK.

COMBAT MECHS!!!!!!!!! roflmywaffleztbh

I wish KK would implement a new engine...

Hell-demon
02-06-06, 16:03
Mechs are a big pile of hairy wank

pabz
03-06-06, 14:11
for sure

solling
03-06-06, 15:23
then again new players last a hell of a lot longer then old ones who jsut came back for the patch

giga191
03-06-06, 16:04
then again new players last a hell of a lot longer then old ones who jsut came back for the patch "wtf i'm stuck in synch, wtf do i do, fuck it i quit this game"

NEIN!!!

n3m
03-06-06, 16:58
That's bullshit, you know very well that getting old players back would only
last for a week -up to a month if they're really trying.
They've seen and done everything.
Whatever content is added, It's too little too late.
Not to mention the whole "KK sucks, blablah"..
New players discover a whole new world, quests and other stuff to do.
And last a whole lot longer than the 'old players' if not put off by the bugs
and flaws.
How can you assume they wont atleast try after getting stuck in sync or FRE'ing?
You've managed to do this far. I remember my first 10mins in this game. Or
should I say not in this game. Because I was crashing every time I opened a terminal.
I lasted 1,5 year then quit and came back to check out the evo
patch. Which like so many other 'oldtimers' remeinded me of the flaws.

Apocalypsox
03-06-06, 18:04
Mechs are a big pile of hairy wank

youll be saying that when you turn a corner and i fucking stepz0rz on your f00tz0rz with mai giant robotamabob!

I remember my first time in NC. it was fucking great. i made a PE char who had a started app in P2. i still remember walking down those ramps trying to figure out wtf i was doing. before my now IRL freind of course came and helped me :cool:

nobby
04-06-06, 01:24
When I first played Neocron, It was because I had moved house and I wanted to find my friend.

I didn't even know his ingame name, but I felt I wanted to suprise him seeing me in the game, he used to talk about it a lot :)

I didn't really have a clue what to do in the game, but I found it facinating !

I could never play any sort of online game with a 56k modem at the time and Neocron was great for me at that time.
I was facinated with the amount of people I could speak to, I had a great want to be in spy armour and I really wanted a swirly weapon, rather than my starting stilleto.

I used to enjoy looking at the funny names people picked for their characters, I would add random people to my buddy list simply because their name was amusing to me or just simply original.

Then I accidently spoke in buddy chat while leveling with someone in the plaza 2 sewers, and I got a reply from someone called Gohan, he asked if I wanted to join his clan and I accepted :)

saying goodbye and thanks to my leveling buddy, I was taken to the clan apartment and was being greeted by many people with open arms and I sat down at a table while the clan leader just asked me a few questions.

I was loving the game so much!

I had ambitions, I wanted to be a driver, be a fighter, anything to help the clan in any way possible :)

Being accepted into the clan within 5 minutes I had a look in the cabs inside the apartment and I was very facinated by the different items and weapons they had, of course I didn't take any because I felt stealing would be very wrong :)

They had people showing me around the game, sorting out Lom pills for me because I had no idea what I was doing with my skill points.

I felt Happy!

I was shown where to level and I was given constructed weapons, I was happy because I felt accepted within the clan.

They would tell me of things they had seen, Warbots, robotic cyclopses, which made me look forward to another day of neocron :)

They would take me out in their car or tank and we would go to the military base, tech haven, you name it :)

Then they didn't seem to like me following them everywhere, all I got was
"Go and level!"

I felt leveling was boring at that time in the game and I wanted to go and explore with the bigger boys.

In the end, they'd had enough of rezzing me while warbot hunting and my stories everyday of what I'd seen... :( They kicked me out.

I felt Sadness and begged to come back in, after a discussion a day later, they let me back in, on the condition that I went and leveled up, so I agreed and did so.

In pepperpark, there were a group of people exploiting hiding under the citycom shooting copbots and blackdragon thugs getting XP, so I joined them.

Sending a clan message to the clan inviting them to join me killing the thugs, a few minutes later, someone in the group said "Hey Nobby, why ain't you in your clan nomore?"

I thought...why kick me again ?

After going to see them, aparently I was out of order doing what I was doing, The word "thug" made me think it was a good thing to do, but aparently not...

The clan was like a family to me, I didn't want to leave...I couldn't :(

arguing my case, they let me in the 3rd time.

2 days later, asking if I could go level with them since I felt I had leveled quite a lot, I got to /30.
They said I was stupid and kicked me out.

Anger, hatrid and Sadness entered me, I wanted to be bad in the game, so I sat and thought about what I could do...

Stealing in Plaza 1 entered my mind!

I would go in a shout "Repairing, researching and constructing all TL's"

I would get people come and give me random items to do their jobs for them, I was facinated by the random sniper rifle I'd get or different colour blueprint.

I would then walk into medicare and say "Look at that Green Copbot over there!!!"

Waiting for them to turn around, I'd run up the ramp of medicare then jump off the top into the centre and then go to my apartment and put away the goods.

I had lots of fun doing what I did, but Became an enemy to every person in the end of Pluto.

I am sorry guys for what I did...

I only wanted Love :(

There hasn't been a game that has felt the same as Neocron...

If Only I could get that old feeling back...

cRazy-
04-06-06, 02:36
This is the psychological output of Roger and his clan giving Nobby months of torment.

Apocalypsox
04-06-06, 03:15
i think we finally broke nobby.

Assimilator
04-06-06, 04:59
Ah... The random NC revisit. Interesting to note that almost all the posters are in the high hundreds - thousand posts range now :D

Reading all this talk about the past almost makes me want to resub. Heck, I even downloaded and installed the client already 8|

That aside, the talk about Project Entropia... If you don't to gamble money, try Second Life. Business Week featured its prominent players that're living off the game income. Every thing in the game's player designed (including mini games, clothes, and I think houses). Oh, and those features I just mentioned, plenty of people have capitolized on that and are making a nice income from it.

Basically... Most things that apply in real world economies apply in Second Life. Flip houses, own real estate - let the price rack up - and sell.

Or play Eve Online. You don't even have to pay for the monthly subscription after you can pilot a Battlecruiser (2 weeks if you know what you're doing?). Using the cruiser, go kill mobs for an hour and you'll have enough isk (ingame currency) to buy a 30 day game time card (CCP officially endorses ingame money -> game cards) then rinse n repeat and you'll never pay for a sub again :D

Or be REALLY good at manipulating the market (econ 101 again, manufacture -> sell = bingo) and make some real world money (*cough* like those ppl making $100+ a day from selling their ingame cash).

All in all, I still hope for NC to regain its former glory. Until then, I'm just chilling until Huxley. Oh and there is a RPG aspect to Huxley. There's PvP (like Planetside I guess), but there's also PvM where you do quests taking on zerg-like creatures to afford better weapons / armor (the trailer's available at gametrailers.com).

Hope to catch you all in some game... Until then, I'll go back to grinding in Legend of Ares... :p

nobby
04-06-06, 05:10
Or play Eve Online. You don't even have to pay for the monthly subscription after you can pilot a Battlecruiser (2 weeks if you know what you're doing?). Using the cruiser, go kill mobs for an hour and you'll have enough isk (ingame currency) to buy a 30 day game time card (CCP officially endorses ingame money -> game cards) then rinse n repeat and you'll never pay for a sub again :D

Or be REALLY good at manipulating the market (econ 101 again, manufacture -> sell = bingo) and make some real world money (*cough* like those ppl making $100+ a day from selling their ingame cash).

If you make me a step to step guide from starting the game to using that battle cruiser and manipulating the market, I'll give you 20 quid over paypal :p

Apocalypsox
04-06-06, 05:37
Project Entropia looks horridly great...but it pretty much burnt me. im not sure if its my lack of RAM, or just the servers are worse than the NC ones and the company is too cheap to buy better ones, cause i lag like UNHOLY FUCK in that game.

Assimilator
04-06-06, 05:46
1.) Beg someone to "invest" in you. Proceed to getting a couple of hundred mill isk.
2.) Buy the learning skills and other books that you'll need in your climb up to the battlecruiser / battleship
3.) Start learning those skills (the joys of Eve). At the same time killing the random low bounty mob here and there (agent missions or just random belt farming).
----Does this for 2 weeks----
4.) Congrats, you're now able to fly a battlecruiser. Outfit that baby with recommendations from the Eve forums depending on the race (for PvM, I suggest you be Caldari since they're shield focused, and shields naturally recharge unlike armor).
5.) Congrats, you've outfitted yourself, all while killing mobs, and now you've joined the 100 million isk club. Take that and see who's selling the cheapest game time card on the forums.

OR

Save that up, get that bad ass battleship, and join a corp and a region alliance (0.0 security = anything goes = great mobs and great bounties). Now farm those belts and hope the enemy alliance doesn't show up to gank your sorry non-pvp equipped ass. :angel:

OR

Be smart, and start buying up cheap resources and blue print originals. Then collaborate with some people and pump out your own ships and sell them on the market (preferably in low security zones where people loose ships due to alliance wars). Before you know it, you'll have joined the 1 billion club, and from there keep "investing" in manufacturing and production. Don't even bother killing anything now. Watch the isk roll in as you have other people researching, manufacturing, and selling for you.

Wow, I think I just saved someone a couple of bucks by avoiding those ebay "get rich quick" guides :D

Oh, and the whole thing about "begging someone for isk"... It probably won't work unless you know them. So instead of 2 weeks for that battlecruiser... Maybe 4 weeks... And then a few weeks after that for the battleship. ;)

Apocalypsox
04-06-06, 07:07
get one of those uber battlecruiser things that each race only has one of. The Dreadnoughts. then no one will ever dare fuck with you PvP wise, and a corp will gobble you up in seconds.

i would suggest the minmatar dreadnought. the thing will fucking obliterate anyone that wants to tickle you when you fit it with the right weapons. *cough a few capitol launchers*

Assimilator
04-06-06, 10:19
then no one will ever dare fuck with you PvP wise, and a corp will gobble you up in seconds.

Now, now, we should all learn a lesson from that 16 carrier fleet that was obliterated because they had no frigate support :p

That's like... Getting a 20 man team of PPUs together and trying to take the OP :rolleyes:

Opar
04-06-06, 10:50
Give Guild Wars another ago. Levelling is easy and end-game PvP can be really fun when you know the right builds.

Matthew.v.smith
04-06-06, 12:05
I decided to check out Project Entropia, my god, the character customisation tries to be creative, but as (I think Unreal mentioned it) your character always looks like a deformed idiot afterwards, and the hairstyles are laughable, as soon as your into the game it look's like it's gonna pick up, but for some reason I coulden't rotate the camera with the mouse....or any other keys for that matter.
The interface wasn't really the best either, 1st person or 3rd, it doesn't matter since it's hard to see what your doing anyway, people won't talk to you and you start off wearing some orange jumpsuit...jeez.
Secondly I could'nt find a place to change resolutions or anything, so it's a jerky messy looking thing running at about 800x600, I could see the Chat channels going on about Sweat, and, omg wtf, I didn't think it was true lol you have to farm sweat?!....wtf.
I would'nt dare put any money into it until I played into it more, but it's a bit late for that since it's uninstalled.

Tried Second Life too, I thought it might have been fun to check the Teen one out first.....don't do that tbh.
All you can really do is fly around, with your character looking like some hillbilly, the customisations on Second Life are even worse, unless your making your own clothes you have to rely on freebies lol, so it's a checker shirt for me, secondly on the Teen one, I flew around and noticed a lot of impressive stuff, I must say it's nice to see a world created by players, everything was unique with a teenage twist, however the main problem was there was about....hmmm...say 7 people on the server, and all of them had an angst problem, and whenever I walked over to chat they seemed too busy laying on a player-created lido to give me a convo, at one point I said "Ahhh good there's people here then?"
and got a nice witty "Well yeah, the green dots are there for show eh"
well excuse me dickhead, it didn't get any better when I found other people, some weird little girls making clothes and ignoring me or trying to patronise my avatar :P
Don't even mention the lag...please.
I would however like to play the proper one, because the Teen one wasn't bad, in a just bearable way, so if anyone's playing it, hit me up.

In the 2 games defense I havn't really had an in-depth play but first impressions count right?...

M.

Fega
04-06-06, 14:43
Dont play eve.... You'll get very bored when you have to was 90 odd days for your guy to learn his next skill

nobby
04-06-06, 16:07
Dont play eve.... You'll get very bored when you have to was 90 odd days for your guy to learn his next skill

...umm macro ? :p

MkVenner
04-06-06, 16:19
...umm macro ? :p

Doesn't work like that, you don't kill say, 20 pirates and get a new skill level, it's on a timer, you literally have to wait 90 days...

Rob01m
04-06-06, 17:25
Doesn't work like that, you don't kill say, 20 pirates and get a new skill level, it's on a timer, you literally have to wait 90 days...

Yep, skill progression is based on real time, varying from minutes to even months based on your attributes and skill difficulty, you don't need to be logged on for this. You can't queue skills though.

So basically, you spend your game time making money/reputation/playing a role while waiting for said skills to raise - so you can become better at whatever you want to do. It doesn't really take that long to accomplish a lot in the game, the insane skill times are for the highest things, like the biggest ship (which is group friendly not solo pvp anyways), or getting that extra 5% bonus at something big. It's not overly annoying to have the skill training like this, but it does somewhat rule out power gamers and support casual gamers in a way. The only advantage you'd get from playing 24/7 is being rich and such, not being the best.

It's different, but its still fun. The dev team is awesome too.

nobby
04-06-06, 18:25
umm......That's a lot.....of waiting........

Assimilator
04-06-06, 23:08

If you just invest the 2-3 months to learn all the basic and advance learning to lvl 4, almost all skills (short of 6x multiplier skills - which are really high end anyway) only take max 4-5 days for a lvl 4 to 5.

I've finally hit lvl 4 in all advance learning skills and now for most skills it's 40min for lvl 1, 2 hour for lvl 2, 6 hours for lvl 3, a day for lvl 4, and maybe 4 days for lvl 5 (max).

The people that whine about a skill taking a month to learn from lvl 4 - 5 clearly don't have their learning skills maxed or don't have implants (which I got mind from looting mobs - shadows).

turbineS-line
05-06-06, 01:07
I actually went from playing Neocron to playing Project Entropia (Entropia Universe?). I have to say there are some good things MindArk is doing with the game.

But, one thing to remember, it's a crapshoot as to the loot you get. There is really no consistant method for loot. You get lucky sometimes, and you lose/break even most of the time.

It IS free to play, no monthly fee. Some people make it by sweating their asses off ingame to earn their first chunk of change, and then go off to hunt. You can make it without depositing money, but it's hard, and you have to be smart. Any good Neocron player knows his numbers (character stats, anyone?) so a Neocron player going to Entropia won't be too hard, as long as you do your research and invest your free money in a wise manner.

The graphics just got updated, and MindArk is preparing to start running Adverts on their BINK video screens, so I sense there is going to be better loot coming soon, on a consistant basis.

How it works is that the items you use has a lifespan. You repair it after it gets used for so long, and when you repair the item, it goes into mindark's wallet. Everything else? Goes straight back into the lootpool for players. MA doesn't take every dime, but rather just take the cost of repairing to help support PE.

Overall, good game. BAD character creation system, however. You really need to spend some time tweaking your char to make it look near human.

I think MindArk will be retexturing the avatars and weapons soon. I hope.

Rob01m
05-06-06, 02:07
If you just invest the 2-3 months to learn all the basic and advance learning to lvl 4, almost all skills (short of 6x multiplier skills - which are really high end anyway) only take max 4-5 days for a lvl 4 to 5.

I've finally hit lvl 4 in all advance learning skills and now for most skills it's 40min for lvl 1, 2 hour for lvl 2, 6 hours for lvl 3, a day for lvl 4, and maybe 4 days for lvl 5 (max).

The people that whine about a skill taking a month to learn from lvl 4 - 5 clearly don't have their learning skills maxed or don't have implants (which I got mind from looting mobs - shadows).

You mean 16x and not 6x. Titans for one, have a 16x multiplier. Even with high attributes it still takes a while - but it's very alliance oriented anyways. For most things that people will do, it's really not so bad.

Besides, to make the money to even build and support a Titan in the first place would take a long time on its own. Many people forget that while the time for some of these skills are very long, it would likely take the same amount of time in most MMOs to accomplish such equivelant feats - they only don't get discouraged because the time to completion is hidden from them. Either way, EVE is a bit more friendly to casual players than most MMOs, and it does so without making the range of progress super short. I think EVE has a nice balance of rewarding vets and still allowing newbies to participate, something sorely lacking in most MMOs. Even the people that have been there since the beginning, with a crazy amount of skills aren't unable to be beaten by some new people.. but the range of things they can do in the game is enormous because of their skills.

Apocalypsox
05-06-06, 04:09
Fly Aces High 4tw.

Tostino
12-06-06, 01:24
Well I haven't been keeping up with these forums for a while, and didn't want to bother reading a 9 page thread. But if you feel like playing Lineage 2 I kinda sorta run a server for it, that peaks out at about 205 people. I am not going to post a link since I don't think KK would like that, but if anyone wants to try it just shoot me a PM and I will give you a link to our website.

nobby
12-06-06, 01:35
Why when I aborted my training of a skill and started it again, it went from 6 hours remaining to 22 hours...?

I like eve online...and my lovely mining macro I made in 12 minutes which gets me 2 million overnight, but I hate waiting for fucking skills to train!!!

aaarrrghhhh!

Spermy
12-06-06, 12:03
Why when I aborted my training of a skill and started it again, it went from 6 hours remaining to 22 hours...?

I like eve online...and my lovely mining macro I made in 12 minutes which gets me 2 million overnight, but I hate waiting for fucking skills to train!!!

aaarrrghhhh!

Macroing = Lame. :p

Screw mining - 2 million iskies overnight? In a Frigate yo can make 3 in a couple of Hours.

BTW - minmitar ftw :D

That situation is far flung O_o

anyone in that position hasn't given his learning skills any love. Nor have they had thier Imps in. Even at max levels I've rarely seen a skill take over 28 Days.

nobby
26-06-06, 23:21
Any Idea how i'm supposed to get 1 Bil ISK to get a 5+ skill implant ?

also what's your ship setup for PVP and mining? :p

Spermy
26-06-06, 23:26
Any Idea how i'm supposed to get 1 Bil ISK to get a 5+ skill implant ?

also what's your ship setup for PVP and mining? :p

Non existent - I'm a wower now ;)

And I never mine.

rob444
26-06-06, 23:43
Believe it or not, I'm actually trying Planetside... Since it's totally free now (with limitations of course), I just felt that I needed to try it.

It took me around 10 hours to patch (bad download speed for some reason, not everyone experience such poor speed), after that I had to fight the GFX bugs that came with a few patches ago - which will make my client crash and leave Windows in an iceage type of state.
The fix wasn't that hard, edit a configuration file and force my ATI card's Z buffer to 24bit I believe it was.

Anyway, when I got everything sorted, the game is actually pretty good. I think it has too few vehicles though and leveling is way to quick imo. Battles are nice too. I've scanned their forums a bit and there are tons of post about ppl complaining about "hackers" that teleport around, I've yet to see any though!

Trying to get that BFR certificate so I can use one of those big mech-a-like robots in battle, grrr...

Apocalypsox
27-06-06, 00:28
Believe it or not, I'm actually trying Planetside... Since it's totally free now (with limitations of course), I just felt that I needed to try it.

It took me around 10 hours to patch (bad download speed for some reason, not everyone experience such poor speed), after that I had to fight the GFX bugs that came with a few patches ago - which will make my client crash and leave Windows in an iceage type of state.
The fix wasn't that hard, edit a configuration file and force my ATI card's Z buffer to 24bit I believe it was.

Anyway, when I got everything sorted, the game is actually pretty good. I think it has too few vehicles though and leveling is way to quick imo. Battles are nice too. I've scanned their forums a bit and there are tons of post about ppl complaining about "hackers" that teleport around, I've yet to see any though!

Trying to get that BFR certificate so I can use one of those big mech-a-like robots in battle, grrr...
When did they make PS free? and what is your definition of "free" here... if it has no sub fee anymore ill play again :D

Strife
27-06-06, 00:44
it's completely free for like a year. The catch is you can only rank up so high.

CMaster
27-06-06, 00:49
You'll have a hard time getting the necessary caverns kills/captures - I only do because of the event that was on when I signed up. That and reservists (free) accounts can't pilot BFRs anyway.
Still, its pretty damn good for a completely free MMOFPS. Levelling WOULD get a lot slower if you could go past BR6 - the XP gaps start to get really big after a while. But it isnt a game about levelling - its about teamplay, vehicles and FPS combat.
And 29 different vehicles aren't enough for you?

rob444
27-06-06, 01:44
The game is free, yes. And you can only reach battle rank 6 >_<.

CMaster, 29 vehicles, not accessible to all factions and they are all pretty much similar (take the buggies and those small 4x4's as an example). I wish there were more variety in the vehicles, but that's just me I guess...

EDIT: And I didn't know reserves couldn't get the BRF certificate? Nothing states otherwise?

Apocalypsox
27-06-06, 02:16
The game is free, yes. And you can only reach battle rank 6 >_<.

CMaster, 29 vehicles, not accessible to all factions and they are all pretty much similar (take the buggies and those small 4x4's as an example). I wish there were more variety in the vehicles, but that's just me I guess...

EDIT: And I didn't know reserves couldn't get the BRF certificate? Nothing states otherwise?
well if my memory servers me correctly...im not totally sure BR6 will get you much from the BFR certs...there pretty expensive...you might get the basic BFRwith that many, but you wont be using any guns but the supressor, so when you get blown up youve got 30 mins of alone time with your supressor :lol:

unreal
27-06-06, 02:30
You can get the kills for it, but that's as far as you can go until you subscribe. One thing you can do though is go into the Vehicle Simulation area and spawn one to see what they're like (unless there's some sort of event on that stops BFR's from being spawned).

@Rob: Easy to see question on the PlanetSide FAQ page :p

Q: Will a PlanetSide Reserves account be able to obtain a BFR?
A: You will be able to finish the prerequisites for obtaining a BFR but you will not be able to get the imprinting of the BFR until the account is upgraded to a paying account.

giga191
27-06-06, 11:22
Non existent - I'm a wower now ;)
i just quit wow after 4 days, lvl18 tauren hunter. This is how lvling would have been:
LVL Spell
1 Spell A
2 Spell B
3 Spell C
4 Spell D
5 Spell A rank 2
6 Spell B rank 2
7 Spell C rank 2
8 Spell D rank 2

etc up to lvl 60

CMaster
27-06-06, 12:34
As Unreal says - nothing stopping you getting the BFR cert. And its not actually that expensive - you just can't do the critical imprinting part.

unreal
27-06-06, 12:38
I'm gonna have to teamkill you in PlanetSide now. Saying unreal with an uppercase U is disgusting. Thank god it's not often I see other people on Neocron logged onto my main account. :p I'm tempted to pay for PlanetSide for a while, it's just, I don't think it'll make my gametime any more enjoyable. There's an endless list of things I could talk about but I'll save it till later, when I can be bothered talking about it. lol

rob444
27-06-06, 13:11
Ah damn, no BRF certificate then >_<. Ah well, I'm happy I'm allowed to gun others though. :)

Assimilator
29-06-06, 01:31
I'm tempted to pay for PlanetSide for a while

The key's to join a highly organized squad that usees TS/Vent where people actually LISTEN to the SL.

I'm with Infinity on Emerald (www.infinity-gamers.com) and amazing stuff happens when you're with us. :angel:

Apocalypsox
29-06-06, 01:35
The key's to join a highly organized squad that usees TS/Vent where people actually LISTEN to the SL.

I'm with Infinity on Emerald (www.infinity-gamers.com) and amazing stuff happens when you're with us. :angel:
conglomerate scum

QuakCow
29-06-06, 04:50
Ah planetside...not the largest fan of it anymore as I feel it caters to "killwhores" too much now, but I used to love it sooo much back in beta and right after launch. I still log in every now and then for a quick fix of my beloved cycler rifle and enforcer buggy. That and I get really frustrated that the only thing I can do well is support work...

Sadly I have a very bad habit of getting bored of games and moving on...and forgetting to tell clan/outfit/guild what ive done...

unreal
29-06-06, 05:11
I'm tempted to pay for PlanetSide for a while, it's just, I don't think it'll make my gametime any more enjoyable. There's an endless list of things I could talk about but I'll save it till later, when I can be bothered talking about it.Flying vehicles are made out of paper, and the way the anti-air MAX suits just spam a load of automatic homing rockets at you starts to take the piss extremely fast, and to make things worse, they added a Wasp, which is similair to the Mosquito in the sense that it's agile, and doesn't appear on radar, along with having afterburners twice as long as any other flying vehicle, along with having air-to-air homing missiles. They typically won't be destroyed if they have any common sense.

Also, you have to love the way the enemy aircraft will always dive into the ground when they're about to be destroyed and can't bail out though, just to deny you the kill.

Instead of the Mosquitos relatively pants weapons, the Wasp has a small 12mm chaingun which lets rip about 30 rounds every 1.5seconds and are mostly effective against infantry and similair paper-made aircraft. The most damaging of its weapons are an air-to-air homing missile launcher - as if the anti-air MAX suits didn't destroy dogfighting enough.

BFRs (Mechs) are quite overpowered thanks to their uber shields unless you have an entire army firing rockets and everything they have at it, that is, unless the driver doesn't have a clue. And as mentioned, it'll take about a year before the required amount of cavern kills are made to even think about using one.

Infiltration suits (allows you to stealth, and they have no armour whatsoever) are useless. The slightest movements allow your enemies to see you faintly, and to take that further, every single person you come across will usually have darklight (allows you to see stealthed people) as one of their implants, which means you're going to instantly die. Then, there's the whole radar thing, to be stealthed on radar you'll NEED the Sensor Shield, which also stops you from being seen by motion sensors, and being targetted by Spitfire turrets. Then last but not least, there's the problem of having no storage space at all. Most Infiltraitors will typically have a REK (hacktool) to hack doors, and enemy Control Consoles (equivalent of a hackterm), which means in the case of being a Combat Engineer, you'll only be able to carry 4 ACE (forgot the definition, but it's like a multipurpose gadget, that you can spawn into either a turret, motion sensor, mine, or boomer (remote mine)).

Then there's the faction-only items. At times, because of the different styles of gameplay that different factions are meant to have, it feels like you're being overpowered as a VR person. NC are based on dishing out powerful shots, and Vanu are based on dishing out medium powered shots at a fairly decent rate. It just feels like every time you come into a 1vs1 situation and you both have full armour and health, I always feel as if I'm going to die. They'll just run along with the Jackhammer and you'll hear "boom boom dead" before you manage to get them on half health with your Pulsar. There is Rocket Rifle spam to save the day though. ;)

So my summary is it doesn't seem worth paying just to get an extra 3 certification points so I can heal and repair myself at the same time, and levelling to get two more implant slots. Then there are other aspects of the game which have become quite useless in most cases, most of those are mentioned above.

It is worth paying in the sense that you don't get fucking FRE's. :p

I'm with Infinity on EmeraldI won't be playing there. Nasty pings. :)

Apocalypsox
29-06-06, 06:10
Unrael, when you use tactics like me and my freind do, we took out a fully loaded mortar weilding conglomerate BFR with a gunner just the 2 of us. Its called a nub suit (cloak) a full inventory of EMPs, and him with any type of rocket unit. and aim for there guns first.

Thats the one thing i like about BFRs, you can damage specific parts of the fuckernaught now, so if i say want to blow up his fucking gunnar seat to keep my allies from being bombarded, I CAN SHOVE A STRIKER UP ITS ASS WHOORAA

//edit- oh and our BFRs own all of yours. long live the TR. i love the trailer video that shows all the BFRs, and at one point in the movie it shows a collossus taking on about 7 Pergines. our pilots have Skill, and the firepower that meets their skill head on.

unreal
29-06-06, 08:58
It's easy to destroy a lone enemy BFR by itself like that, you'll be incredibly lucky if you can do that while it's surrounded by tonnes of enemies. lol @ "skill" in a BFR.

Spermy
29-06-06, 12:49
Having a download of Planetside now.

i just quit wow after 4 days, lvl18 tauren hunter. This is how lvling would have been:
LVL Spell
1 Spell A
2 Spell B
3 Spell C
4 Spell D
5 Spell A rank 2
6 Spell B rank 2
7 Spell C rank 2
8 Spell D rank 2

etc up to lvl 60

Would have been, as in you envision so. :p

I'm not too hacked off with it to be honest. Neocrons levelling:

1 TLx Weapon
2 TLx Weapon
3 TLx Weapon + Implant

etc etc

The same can be said for the vast majority of MMOs out there. I set the levelling treadmills aside from the game itself. Would you agree with me in saying the tradeskills have a lot to offer?

I'm a Gnomish Warlock. Nasty to begin with. Tag on engineering ( seeing as I get a bonus anyhow) Specialising in Gnomish engineering (things that go buzz, as opposed to goblin, things that go boom!)

That means - I have a variety of minions to summon up depending on if I need a tank, a DamageDealer, an anti magic weapon, a crowd control weapon, a rogue... It's like I'm always in a 2 man party, and the different roles of my minion give me added flexibility - I don't have to spam the LFG channel, I can summon up teh appropriate minion, and off I go - leading to lovely fast levelling.

I can also heal myself - not thos pansy assed bandages - I can use those, I can use Pots. But I also get a healthstone, one shot instant heal. My talent spec pushes it up by 20%. So now when I'm in trouble, I can fear my enemy ( brilliant skill - makes em run around for a certain time, or I can soothe it with my succubus, same effect - No one damaging me for 15 seconds.

In those 15 seconds I can bandage myself ( I'm using high end bandages, bringing me back up to full.), I can (only if he's feared) drain his life/his mana/his soul.

Not only that I can plonk Damage over time spells on him. They stay on till they run the duration. Currently Those DoTs of mine will take someone from half health to zero, so technically I only need to fight half a battle and then apply them. Even if I die, they still tick on him.

Which leads me to another point.

Soulstone!

'locks can make soulstones, which instantly rezzes you with some mana and health, mine at the mo gives me half mana and 60% health. It's fun to see someone sit down to eat, or start to dance on your corpse only for you to rez yourself and nuke the swine. It's even better when the DoTs are on, some people just let the DoTs run the course, it's not like they're in danger now yer dead right?

Wrong :p

Now for the engineering - Death rays for high damage one shotsa before combat ( usually) Shrink rays (:D) Various Bombs to stun your opponent, rocket shoes to outrun mounts, nets, discombobulators to stun, but my fave has to be a mindcontrol cap.

Hordie runs at you - he's bigger and badder than you. ...

Until you run him off the side of that cliff under mind control :P

Now - who gives a rats ass about a treadmill when you can have that kinda fun? I don't :p

giga191
29-06-06, 12:54
Having a download of Planetside now. which post convinced you to do that?

Spermy
29-06-06, 13:14
which post convinced you to do that?

Dunno, just the conversation as whole I guess. Curiosity was always there, it's free, so why not? :p

/edit

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/events/wareffort/wareffort.html?163

Almost finished on the war effort too :D If anyone rolls a Vashj Char, get in touch with "Spatula"

gamefreak
29-06-06, 13:16
The game is free, yes.

This one i guess :rolleyes:

CMaster
29-06-06, 13:22
which post convinced you to do that?

Probably the one where it said it was free :P
@ Unreal - I don't think you've identified any real issues with the game there. Sure, aircraft are vulnerable - but only really to specific anti-aircraft weapons. Try being in a group of 2 or 3 infantrymen and being up against a mosquito even. Its almost hopeless.

Infil suit - its probably got too many counters, in all honesty. I get caught out by one occasionally, but more often I catch them out. Still works well for CEs though - it means you can place deployable where otherwise you'd be a target.

And as for going up against people wielding heavy assault weapons with a medium assault - well, you're supposed to lose. If you were carrying a lasher then maybe you'd have a chance. Try and deal with jackhammer/chaingun wielders at range instead.

Empire balance - it does feel a bit off. Sat here as VS its hard to see what advantages we really do have. Well, our AI maxes can flip fire modes so they can come out on top vs othre AI maxes. And our infantry can do that to tickle vehicles - but anybody can switch to arour pierecing ammo anyway. in BFRs, TR BFRs seem to far outclass either our anime-esque ones or the NC lumps. All the rifles end up much the same, so theres no issue there. Specific vehicles again we seem to get a bum deal with. Magrider is the weakest by far of the heavy tanks, while the Aurora seems to pack the weakest weaponry out of the Deliverer variants. Thresher seems a valid comparison for the other buggies mind. Assault weapons the Lasher really does seem to suffer compared tothe mini-chaingun and the Jackhammer - but on the flip side it does work vereses maxes without ammo swapping. Oh, and our anti-vehicle weapon is bloody useless, hence why I use the rocklet rifle.

ZoVoS
29-06-06, 13:48
runescape =]

i been playing runescape since there were 2 servers... like 5 years ^_^ its sometimes nice to play a game where u can just disingage ur brain

unreal
29-06-06, 16:26
I don't think you've identified any real issues with the game there.Well you've mentioned some of the same things I did, so obviously we've all identified real issues. :p

Sure, aircraft are vulnerable - but only really to specific anti-aircraft weapons. Try being in a group of 2 or 3 infantrymen and being up against a mosquito even. Its almost hopeless.Try being a pilot that's on the receiving end of those 2 or 3 people. :p If you're in a Mosquito in a situation like that, you definitely won't be saying that. It'll be seconds before you'll have to let rip your afterburners and fly away to repair. Mosquitos do hurt you quite a lot if they actually hit you, but just remember that sitting there in a Mosquito trying to hit a single person strafing on the ground is difficult in itself due to the way you control and aim in flying vehicles.

Don't forget, the ground PvP characters we play have quite slow runspeed thanks to the more protective armour we wear, with 4 item slots. This makes aiming at us that touch easier.
Infil suit - its probably got too many counters, in all honesty. I get caught out by one occasionally, but more often I catch them out. Still works well for CEs though - it means you can place deployable where otherwise you'd be a target.The other day I got 3 kills and 11 deaths in a Jungley area (I think it was on Hossin) being a stealthy CE, and every single one of them turned on DarkLight as I got near enough to place a Boomer. Near the enemy I would typically be standing totally still which means I would be totally invisible, with Sensor Shield on stopping me from appearing on radar. I would only move when they weren't paying attention to me, or just looking in the opposite direction. I would die pretty much all the time.

The only people I would kill out in the open are generally people who didn't really pay much attention, usually snipers or random newbie stragglers. So far I've only made one true sexy kill where I've followed then predicted where some enemy MAX would run over a hill, and let rip the Boomer on him. Unless you're inside an Outpost and placing them on the side of walls people can see Boomers way too easily, which quickly alerts them to the fact there's an Infiltraitor around, which resultingly makes them turn on DarkLight.

We've only been caught out by them so far if they've been using pistols because we're usually in our own small group with none of us using DarkLight. By the time you see them, you'll already be half dead. Like the other day, you got killed on the hill by a stealther, can't remember if it was Melee Pistol or CE, but I quickly killed him after you died, they're still quite easy to see even without DarkLight - once you're aware of them.

With CE's, you'll hear beeping noises when they start to place things, which is usually another reason your meatsack will get instantly owned. Place a Boomer behind the enemy--> enemy hears the beeps --> enemy moves away from the Boomer before it can be detonated --> enemy kills the CE Infiltraitor because he has no room to carry a Pistol and ammo to shoot back. That's one good reason to have the Melee Booster implant, but you'll be seen on radar without Sensor Shield. :p

Being in the reserves we usually spend our implant slot on something more worth while in general. I use Surge usually, so I can chase down targets a bit better. If only there were stamina boosters. :P

rob444
29-06-06, 17:00
I hate trying to aim while flying a mosquito, really hard to hit anything grr :/.

ZoVoS
30-06-06, 17:37
is anybody actualy still playing Project Entropia

just started first time ever =\ got a rifle n some ammo and im about 1 doller real money up ^_^

tbh its not a bad game, and i havent needed to invest anything into it as of yet...

i was wondering with a big enough team of noobs if u could take out some of the higher mobs early on to actualy make a nice profit