PDA

View Full Version : PVP ballance and Dirus

Bugs Gunny
30-05-06, 16:00
To be fair, that's because that job was specifically and solely assigned to Dirus. Look again at the sticky. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132985) It will now be taken up by others on the balancing team.

N

Now this is the most disturbing post i've seen by nidhogg in the last two years.
So let me get this straight, Dirus is no longer in charge of the ballancing?
Please don't tell me it's those people at KK who all play their tradeskillers all the time that are now in charge of pvp ballance?

I mean, if KK were to make a ballance the economy and tradeskilling team the people whose main knowledge is pvp probably won't do a good job of that either.

/ME VOTES DIRUS BACK IN CHARGE OF PVP BALLANCING, and FFS, give him free reign.

sanityislost
30-05-06, 16:03
Dude...dirus doesnt even work for KK anymore.

which is evil, but people have there reasons for quitting

SiL ..:..

Tratos
30-05-06, 16:03
Would help if he was part of the development team. He's left. :(

Go read the rest of the thread that post was in.

Dribble Joy
30-05-06, 16:04
Dirus (afaik) left due to more important RL issues, and from what I have been told/heard, the chances of him coming back in the near future are pretty slim.

I am slightly concerned about it though, I only hope that the degree by which the feedback in the balancing forum takes community views remains as high as it has done and all the work Dirus has allready done and wanted to put in will be taken into account seriously.

RogerRamjet
30-05-06, 16:05
It was good while it lasted.

See you.

cRazy-
30-05-06, 16:05
I was one of the first to know tbh.

I kept it secret so now its public I'm boasting to the world.

And I must make another point, SiL was the first to say it so TRILL, owes me 10 Dollars.

jini
30-05-06, 16:14
At best, this means more delays.
Worst case is however, a complete and total mess of the "new" game.
Bad news ...

Dribble Joy
30-05-06, 16:15
I was one of the first to know tbh.

I kept it secret so now its public I'm boasting to the world.
You could be... you know... subtle....

Besides, I think we both knew at about the same time.

cRazy-
30-05-06, 16:17
You could be... you know... subtle....

Besides, I think we both knew at about the same time.

SURE we did :rolleyes:

Clearly I knew before you DJ, just accept the facts, I'm cooler.

CMaster
30-05-06, 16:19
It seemed to be one of these "open secret" things. Lots of people knew (although it seems some I expected to didn't), but nobody discussed it in the open.

Dirus also said he largley played his tradeskillers, so I don't see a big change there. We'll have to wait and see what balance is really like. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. Admittedly some of the KK suggestions make it look like they will make the same mistakes that have always been there. Admittedly a lot of people have developed such a "fuck monks" attitude they have lost sight of what 'balance' is. But maybe it will play out. At least the issue is being considered to its core principles now.

Edit @ Crazy. Knowing things doesnt make you cool. Bragging about who tells you things neither makes you cool or encourages people to talk to you again. Mindless spam doesn't make you cool.

Dribble Joy
30-05-06, 16:20
SURE we did :rolleyes:

Clearly I knew before you DJ, just accept the facts, I'm cooler.

Lies and poo pies. I bite my thumb at thee, peon!

cRazy-
30-05-06, 16:22
Edit @ Crazy. Knowing things doesnt make you cool. Bragging about who tells you things neither makes you cool or encourages people to talk to you again. Mindless spam doesn't make you cool.

Makes people cool as fuck actually.

Get with the 21st century.

Ask roger, he knows.

RogerRamjet
30-05-06, 16:23
Makes people cool as fuck actually.

Get with the 21st century.

Ask roger, he knows.

Sure, i'm cool as fuck.

So cool, i dont need to know stuff.

Lodar
30-05-06, 16:23
Cut the spam, please.

RogerRamjet
30-05-06, 16:25
Cut the spam, please.

http://www.great-teacher.jp/neta/spam_slice.jpg

Sorry sorry, i'll be quiet now.

cRazy-
30-05-06, 16:27
hahahahahahah.

Anyway to stay on topic, I dont think Dirus leaving will do any good at all, its why I've been so pessimistic about Neocrons future like I mentioned before.

Apocalypsox
30-05-06, 16:34
http://www.great-teacher.jp/neta/spam_slice.jpg

Sorry sorry, i'll be quiet now.

ROFL thats great.

but Dirius...we dont care if you left the wonderful world of Neocrack, but TALK TO US FOR FUCKS SAKE TBH!!!

Bugs Gunny
30-05-06, 16:35
Oh boy i'm laughing my ass off right now.
Do these guys realy think they can ballance pvp?

I predict this:

All good pvpers are going to make a mockery of the ballancing this team turns out. It'll be start of NC1 all over again, mass murderers who cut through people like butter because of the oversight and badly thought out ideas.

Dribble Joy
30-05-06, 16:40
While I do have my reservations, flat out telling them they all suck rancid hairy dog penis is not going to be conductive to them taking what we have to say into any balancing efforts.

Nidhogg
30-05-06, 16:52
Now this is the most disturbing post i've seen by nidhogg in the last two years.
So let me get this straight, Dirus is no longer in charge of the ballancing?
Please don't tell me it's those people at KK who all play their tradeskillers all the time that are now in charge of pvp ballance?

I mean, if KK were to make a ballance the economy and tradeskilling team the people whose main knowledge is pvp probably won't do a good job of that either.

If you have a reply to my post, why not just post it in the same thread? Why do you have to start a brand new thread just for your comment? We already have a healthy discussion going so please use it.

BTW, Dirus was never in charge of balancing.

N