PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Huxley

Kallima
27-05-06, 09:29
I just saw 2 videos, one from E3 and and ingame gameplay video. It looks pretty cool, its a post apocalyptic. I laughed when I heard that, thinking of Neocron. It looks amazing, its using the Unreal Engine with Nvidia and has amazing detail. The gameplay seems like a hardcore Neocron since you can fight in the city and in battlezones.

www.huxleygame.com

Spermy
27-05-06, 10:51
It could go either way.

On one hand it could be a decent MMO, along the vein of NC. On the other hand, it could go completely to shit, like FoM has done.

On the third, it could be fullof BF2 kiddies.

In my experience the more attention a game gets, the worse the community is, I've experienced it everywhere. ( Even EVE has it's moments, despite it being a little higher up in the intellectual scale.

Essentially, I'm guessing it's gonna attract a lot of the wrong sort of people. :(

Cronite
27-05-06, 11:23
Graphic on screenshots and movies looks great and it seems to be more fps than RPG. Normaly I like that. But since the movies release I've got the feeling to see an UT movie. It's too futuristic for me. If I wanna play such a game I can get out my UT of my shelf and I don't have to pay every month.

But should be trial demo available I think I'll dl it.

Rachius
27-05-06, 11:29
I'll definately give Huxley a try, but like Spermy said, it could go either way.

If it turns into a CS MMO, then no way.

Bugs Gunny
27-05-06, 11:34
Age of conan or hyxley is where i'm going.
In fact i think most of the old blood gang will meet in age of conan.

Clobber
27-05-06, 11:42
Yeah I really like the look of Age of Conan. Goin be givin that and huxley a whirl for certain.

Nidhogg
27-05-06, 12:51
Here's a quote I read about Huxley at E3:
Huxley – Here was a game that promised a MMOFPS using the Unreal 3 engine. What I saw in their booth was an uninspired dime a dozen FPS that looked more like Unreal 2. It certainly didn’t look anything like the stunning video they released a few months back. The PR machine for this game is in full effect but it’s all smoke and mirrors. There’s no game there, at least not yet.
N

Tratos
27-05-06, 12:55
Is there really any NEED for the word Huxley infront of every link on that page >_< >_<.

Anyway if its any good i'll probably go and play it but as people have said it could all go terribly wrong like Twilight War, it may be back in development but its a completely new development team with different ideas and oppinions for that reason i think that will go to shit it did look good when SGP were running the show but things i've heard from GC dont sound as spangly :(

giga191
27-05-06, 13:31
it's always too good to be true, the gaming world is full of disapointments and delays.

Spermy
27-05-06, 14:31
it's always too good to be true, the gaming world is full of disapointments and delays.

Is gaming merely a cover word for an abreviation using to familiar consonants?

Bugs Gunny
27-05-06, 16:33
Here's a quote I read about Huxley at E3:
N

I dare you to put some recent quotes about neocron alongside it :angel:

cRazy-
27-05-06, 16:43
btw for anyone who doesn't realise thats not the games official site, its just ran by some fan.

http://www.webzengames.com/Game/Huxley/ is the official website.

rob444
27-05-06, 17:42
Hmm, characters looked really crap for using the Unreal 3 engine.

Heavyporker
27-05-06, 19:31
I don't want to nit-pick... well, I do..

But that huxleygame link you gave was so... grammatically butchered.

Hell-demon
27-05-06, 19:35
when unreal tournament 2007 comes out no one will care! HAR HAR HAR! :lol: