PDA

View Full Version : Making a Video

Zheo
24-05-06, 09:24
Could anyone recommend a good program to do this? Or do you just get out your webcams etc?

Hoernerice
24-05-06, 09:43
u mean a homevid or a gamevid?

Zheo
24-05-06, 09:50
u mean a homevid or a gamevid?

Gamevid, also I'll need something I can work on it with, preferably freeware since I'm skint! :D

giga191
24-05-06, 09:52
for recording or editing?

Zheo
24-05-06, 09:54
for recording or editing?

For everything, I have nothing other than a webcam to record with if thats how it's done, first time maker here with noob experience :D

RogerRamjet
24-05-06, 09:55
Fraps, or game cam are my suggestions.

Zheo
24-05-06, 10:28
Fraps, or game cam are my suggestions.

got fraps now, thanks very much, anyone know a good editting program?

bobleponge
24-05-06, 10:47
For record i think at fraps, and game cam.These programs are identical with a preference for fraps, Because he(it) is easier to use.

For editing movie I advice Sony Vegas 6.Everything good programs of edit movie are paying whether it is sony vegas or adobe premiere.
Adobe is on the base foreseen for mac, and will ask for many more resources and of training than sony vegas.

calim
24-05-06, 11:30
For editing, my choice would be Magix Video Deluxe :P

eLcHi
24-05-06, 11:55
For Editing: Try out Windows Movie Maker first - if the functionality is not enough go for something bigger (and more complicated).

Another recording method is:
TV Out + record with TV-Card on a second system

John Wu
24-05-06, 11:59
Another recording method is:
TV Out + record with TV-Card on a second system
which would be the best solution since you dont have any performance hits.

CMaster
24-05-06, 12:04
I personally use Ulead Media Studio Pro for the editing - you can get it on 30day trial or so, as I believe you can with Adobe Premiere too. That said, Windows Movie Maker can do reasonable work as well, as long as you use some ense (get rid of the awful default blue brackground and text for titles for example).

solid-rock
24-05-06, 12:05
Youll need to pay for fraps if you want to record more than 30 secs at the time. Its not even certain you can get a cracked version to run. I know i couldnt. Gamecam seems to be freeware suported by gamespy but its not as simple as fraps and it imbeds a logo in yhe lower right corner of your vid.

As for editing theres no good freeware progs out there that i could find best bet for a 0 budget is windows movie maker witch comes with xp.

Spermy
24-05-06, 12:35
I use Fraps for recording, but there's a fuckton of tools out there, all it is is capture software, as long as you can specify quality, thats all you need.

For editing I'd use Avid, Vegas or premiere, and not be afraid to use filters to clean up the quality. Just because it's ingame footage doesn't mean it can't be polished ;)

RogerRamjet
24-05-06, 12:47
If i was to use my TV-out to my dads laptop, what program would i use to record my output?

cRazy-
24-05-06, 13:32
Use Fraps and download the latest Windows movie maker.

You wont get anywhere with Premiere or Vegas, they are much more complicated and unless you take the time learning the in's and out's of the software it wont be worthwhile.

Unless you're doing something more elaborate Movie Maker will have everything you need.

Spermy
24-05-06, 13:34
Use Fraps and download the latest Windows movie maker.

You wont get anywhere with Premiere or Vegas, they are much more complicated and unless you take the time learning the in's and out's of the software it wont be worthwhile.

Unless you're doing something more elaborate Movie Maker will have everything you need.

Good point, but the average schlub outgrows moviemaker after his first video, when he realises it's just slideshow with video clips.

Bugs Gunny
24-05-06, 15:09
I have been breaking my skull on adobe premiere for weeks on end. Doing the movie over and over and allways botching up.

So in the end i deleted the whole thing, went back to the original soucrvideos and sounds and two days ago i downloaded sony vegas 6.
In these two days i've been able to work with it at a level i was using premiere after weeks.
Also the rendered results of my trials look WAY better than with premiere.

After getting all frustrated with premiere, it seems that sony vegas will get me to finnish that movie.

@crazy: Sony Vegas is a piss easy to use piece of software. If you can do moviemaker you can do vegas.

giga191
24-05-06, 15:11
agreed, premier is shite

Spermy
24-05-06, 15:14
agreed, premier is shite

Plugins and filters FTW.

Avid get's it hands down, provided you have a dual screen setup.

dark_reaper
24-05-06, 17:28
As a video, TV, and a Film Professional. I would suggest avid. Avid is ranked up there with Final Cut Pro and it beats the shit out of Premere and the sony products, they are good. But if you want to do things right go with Avid. DPS Velocity is also a good program too, but I would not spend time with it.

That is my professional opinion.