PDA

View Full Version : Content spoiler No. 2 for Retail Patch #157

SnowCrash
23-05-06, 16:44
Here you see the silver version of the Tank Wisdom of Ceres Power Armor (http://ng.neocron.com/fileadmin/nc21_content_images/news/woc_tank_silver.jpg). The difference between the silver and gold version will be the Wisdom of Ceres level, silver is WoC 1 and gold WoC 3. Besides that the silver version will be available via a quest in the Wisdom of Ceres temple while the gold version will only be available via Gamemaster hosted events.

Hell-demon
23-05-06, 16:47
Ewwwwwwwwwww

giga191
23-05-06, 16:50
Not bad tbh

CMaster
23-05-06, 16:50
Gold PA sounds very, very, very chav. Here, I quite like the "plain metal" look of the PA, but not the glowing stripes at all.
The theme of WoC PA seems to be "OMG HERE COME GETZOR ME!!"
Still, roll on the previews, and indeed roll on the shiney PAs.

giga191
23-05-06, 16:52
the gold version will only be available via Gamemaster hosted events NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So people lvl to WoC 3 just to have a 1% chance of getting a gold PA?

Bugs Gunny
23-05-06, 16:52
Looks good except for the white stuff. Or has he been a victim of the xmass warbot?

Tratos
23-05-06, 16:53
That tank wont be getting knocked over on a road at night :p

Looks good, although the viser looks a little odd, roll on the patch!

Bugs Gunny
23-05-06, 16:53
Giga, wanna race to woc 3 ? :-p

unreal
23-05-06, 16:54
Erm, WoC 3? Oookkaaaayy. That's a bit steep. Unless the are an entire stack of good advantages to using 6 woc disks on a tank, may I ask, WTF? o_O

There really needed to be a bit of colour on that one, it just looks, a bit on the dull side, and as Cmaster would agree, the white strips look like he's a runway assistant, guiding a Hoverbomber to the ground. I do like what seems to be a new sector the tank is stood in? Unless it's some weird angle in one of the newbie quest zones, I haven't seen it before.

But still, anything new is welcomed. Hopefully this patch will be patched in soon, we better hadn't be getting a third spoiler of PE PA in 2weeks time, STILL waiting for this patch, and then a forth spoiler in 4weeks time. :(

giga191
I would have if I was guaranteed to get a PA.

@unrael: ceres temple maybe? ;)

CMaster
Giga, Bugs - you chavs.
Hmm, any chance any of the other PAs will have this stripped down "metal" look to them?
Unreal - its the Ceres Temple, you noob. :P

Spermy
23-05-06, 16:57
Oooh shiny, my tank PA gots Neon light tubes :D

Looks pretty good. I hope the fixes are good n' all.

Whas the chances of me posting my faction PA's up again and finding out what I need to do to submit em?

giga191
23-05-06, 16:57
Snowcrash, could you expand on how people get gold PA? Like frequency of the event, or if people just request the GM to do it etc.

Bugs Gunny
23-05-06, 16:58
Yeah the spy glow in the dark suit was bad, but this white "hi i'm your friendly targetpractice" attachement is a bit weird. Doesn't even look like it fits in with the lighting etc either.

unreal
23-05-06, 16:58
lol, I've obviously been to the Ceres Temple on Unrael, but, I remember there being a lot more plants (fear the shwubbery) - I guess you can see one plant in the background, and from the looks of it the NPC's aren't spawned then? It seems a touch smaller than when I was in the Ceres Temple somehow.

Hell-demon
23-05-06, 16:59
Or has he been a victim of the xmass warbot?

WTF? :wtf:

aKe`cj
23-05-06, 16:59
Snowcrash, could you expand on how people get gold PA? Like frequency of the event, or if people just request the GM to do it etc.

dont be so impatient... the paypal #'s will be made public with the next teaser :p

SnowCrash
23-05-06, 17:03

We want to keep it difficult to get your hands on a gold version but there will be enough events where you can obtain one of it. More information about this when the patch goes retail. And no, I do not have a ETA yet. ;)

Bugs Gunny
23-05-06, 17:03
The next teaser being in two weeks?
So at this rate we have at least 4 weeks to go till the patch.

Spermy
23-05-06, 17:06
Oh dear god, I think I've lost my Faction Camo PA mock ups!

FUCK!

was gonna submit em.

giga191
23-05-06, 17:06
should be enough time for 200 mil ;)

unreal
23-05-06, 17:07
Should be enough time for everyone's accounts to expire. :p For the time being I'll have Hitman: Blood Money to play with, won't take me long to complete that I'm sure, hopefully there won't be two more spoilers (and another whole month of waiting) before it gets released.

Tratos
23-05-06, 17:19
We want to keep it difficult to get your hands on a gold version but there will be enough events where you can obtain one of it. More information about this when the patch goes retail. And no, I do not have a ETA yet. ;)
Can we have some bug fix spoilers then? :p

Sylow
23-05-06, 17:34
Yay! This thing is cool! Will there be Tank-WoC-PA-Holovests? :D ;)

Brammers
23-05-06, 17:41
I do like the tank PA, not sure about the white runway strips mind.

However I don't agree with the WOC3 PA being available via a GM event. It's hard enough getting 6 WOC disk's and 610mil STR XP. If you got WOC3, the PA should be just given to you as an reward for even getting 6 WOC disk and 610mil XP!

Now KK, patch this Thursday please, or shall I start an ingame patch sweepstake? :D

Jagrfelm
23-05-06, 18:06
Whoa, nice Thing. Maybe i´ll level my Tank to WOC-1. Only 30 Mill left i mean.

cRazy-
23-05-06, 18:25
Not bad..not bad.

Slynis
23-05-06, 18:43
seriously it looks real bad. looks like my tanks headin for next GOA/Trance party..... or perhaps its the new "Pimp my powerarmor" puttin some neons n chrome

Slynis
23-05-06, 18:45
oh i forgot. perhaps considering spending some time fixing the ionwpns before adding some new stuff that prolly gonna be so bugged it aint even worth lookin for

giga191
23-05-06, 18:48
smurf's not gonna look gangsta!!

http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2004/01/01-inside-bling.jpg

Tratos
23-05-06, 18:48
oh i forgot. perhaps considering spending some time fixing the ionwpns before adding some new stuff that prolly gonna be so bugged it aint even worth lookin for
Art Department doesnt code

Also, we havnt seen anything of this:

The webzines Neocronicle and Voice of the Resistance will be releasing further information in the coming days.
Yet.

Slynis
23-05-06, 18:49
gimme a years supply of spraytan and i promise u, i will be GANGSTAH!

pabz
23-05-06, 18:49

Yet.
Maybe they should multi-task.

Slynis
23-05-06, 18:50
i want buttplugs ingame tbh

Slynis
23-05-06, 18:58
erm ima go ingame i reccon and look if my PA looks pimp or
GA\/ if the neon lights are really needed
I

unreal
23-05-06, 18:58
They already exist, it's called PPU.

RusSki
23-05-06, 19:25
I like the tank PA... NOW SHOW ME THE PE PA :)

cRazy-
23-05-06, 19:38
I like the tank PA... NOW SHOW ME THE PE PA :)

http://nabbl.na.funpic.de/Neocron/pepawoc.jpg

Dribble Joy
23-05-06, 19:45
Careful... some people might believe you....

Anyway, interesting. We do indeed need 'rare' items that you have to more than just grind/do quests for.

//edit:

Mechanics wise; would these rewarded (or all the WoC armours) work like epics? IE. not drop and rep to 120/120? It would suck immensely to loose a virtually unique item to some numpty who hadn't earned it.

giga191
23-05-06, 22:01
I'm still wondering how they're going to distribute gold PA through events :confused:

Does everyone who goes to the event get one or what? No one is gonna say no to it, even if they don't have woc 3.

Tratos
23-05-06, 22:10
I'm still wondering how they're going to distribute gold PA through events :confused:

Does everyone who goes to the event get one or what? No one is gonna say no to it, even if they don't have woc 3.
Or a tank..

giga191
23-05-06, 22:51
Or a tank.. i'm sure the gold/silver rule applies to every PA

Tratos
23-05-06, 22:56
i'm sure the gold/silver rule applies to every PA
Thats what i thought but the spy PA is orange :/ not a colour of excellence really.

giga191
23-05-06, 22:57
the gold/silver is probably metaphorical

RusSki
23-05-06, 23:36
http://nabbl.na.funpic.de/Neocron/pepawoc.jpg

ROLF

Thats classic dude. I'm in pain from laughter.

RogerRamjet
23-05-06, 23:42
They should make normal PE PA not look gash before making WoC PE PA.

Bullt
24-05-06, 00:01
As written before by others:
Please take away the WHITE "Please shoot me NOW!" - details from the PA.

Isn’t the idea NOT to draw all the attention in the world to you when fighting. Please, change all the white details to black for an easy fix.

giga191
24-05-06, 00:26
Isn’t the idea NOT to draw all the attention in the world to you when fighting. Please, change all the white details to black for an easy fix. I'm fairly certain that all cover that you have would be blown when you pull a green swirly weapon :rolleyes:

Apocalypsox
24-05-06, 00:39
i want golden spy PA WoC 2 that has a freezer cannon on its shoulder that replaces the alt+h punch function.

Zheo
24-05-06, 01:07
TBH i prefer camo...

cRazy-
24-05-06, 01:21

Yes it does.

>_>

<_<

giga191
24-05-06, 12:25
so do str woc PEs get anything?

Jodo
24-05-06, 12:27
As written before by others:
Please take away the WHITE "Please shoot me NOW!" - details from the PA.

Isn’t the idea NOT to draw all the attention in the world to you when fighting. Please, change all the white details to black for an easy fix.

Nonsense. Its a status symbol. Its to tell everyone that you are of a certain talent/level. Wear it, don't wear it. No one else cares.
You're talking about neocron PvP in general, of which being/having a status symbol has nothing to do with.
The art dep' are going for something that makes you stand out in a crowd, to show that you are clearly elite compared to the runners around you. Guess what, these designs do exactly that job.

Brammers
24-05-06, 12:58

The webzines Neocronicle and Voice of the Resistance will be releasing further information in the coming days.

Yet.

http://www.votr-mag.com/?p=142 ;)

Spermy
24-05-06, 13:03

It's PA. It's a skin. How exactly is a Skin going to be bugged? O_o

EDIT

As for the anti white strip brigades, look closer.

Those white strips have a glow. They're Neons. :p And IMO a tad Pimp if I do say so.

Sylow
24-05-06, 13:13
The art dep' are going for something that makes you stand out in a crowd, to show that you are clearly elite compared to the runners around you. Guess what, these designs do exactly that job.
/sign

silent000
24-05-06, 13:59
i dont know about you lot but im sitting in plaza 1 dancing being a mobile disco, maybe even a traffic warden...... The new PA brings me sooo much fun :p

Darkana
24-05-06, 14:11
WTB PAs for us girls :p

Anyway, does it require batteries to keep the fancy lights going? I'd hate to run every hour after new ones ... ;)

Seriously now, nice work! I'm wondering how the other PAs will look like (assuming there will be some) and what the "inner" values of these PAs will be.

Kierz
24-05-06, 14:17
It's PA. It's a skin. How exactly is a Skin going to be bugged? O_oerr... it's KK don't forget, they'll find a way ;)

I actually quite like the look of this pa, but the thought of wasting 6 woc discs on a tank to get the gold version is painfull, especially with both types of woc lab closed, I might get the silver version for a laugh, but still non-pa tanks FTS =]

Also as giga said, are str woc pe's going to get anything (or be able to use these...) I HAVE ONE!!!!!!1111oneoneoneone =]

And I hope this means some kinda cool lab coat for int woc ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
24-05-06, 14:18
Hmm, it looks like... nevermind, I like it ;)

Spermy
24-05-06, 14:36
err... it's KK don't forget, they'll find a way ;)

If I'm correct, It's Rocketbox behind the skinning, and how in gods name can you bug an image file? :p Although, yeah, statwise it's an open shooting range for error :D

Tratos
24-05-06, 14:39
I thought RocketBox was just the NC2 char models and that KK's actual art people such as Seminus were doing the new stuff.

Spermy
24-05-06, 15:03
I thought RocketBox was just the NC2 char models and that KK's actual art people such as Seminus were doing the new stuff.

Dunno. But it seems like a reasonable juncture to ask KK about it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong :)

aKe`cj
24-05-06, 15:07

I am pretty confident you are perfectly right with that assumption... even more so, regarding the fact that object-texturing has been done by KK in nc2 as well ( the weapons, qurads etc) .. and I wouldn't go so far to call a PA-texture a "character skin" (although thats the function - eh) ;)

kurai
25-05-06, 05:32
EwwwwwwwwwwwCouldn't have put it better myself.

Oh - and the Spy WoC PA article in VotR mag ?

"Shot after shot pounds their armor, while they helplessly run in circles. Several Screaming Horse mercenary guards spring to arms and scan the area. They finally find the attacker – a sniper on a roof on the other side of the avenue – ..."

Are the guards colour-blind to NEON FUCKING ORANGE or something ?

Apocalypsox
25-05-06, 07:01
Kurai...stop being a nub. you know it has a built in cloaking device. :D

Jodo
25-05-06, 12:16
If I'm correct, It's Rocketbox behind the skinning, and how in gods name can you bug an image file? :p Although, yeah, statwise it's an open shooting range for error :D

Have you forgotten the infamous "Big Lip Man", or the hacknet skin bug? It can still happen, but who cares? It's some cool new stuff that most of us will enjoy and the rest can STFU and not wear it. :D

I actually quite like the look of this pa, but the thought of wasting 6 woc discs on a tank to get the gold version is painfull, especially with both types of woc lab closed, I might get the silver version for a laugh, but still non-pa tanks FTS =]

I assumed that with bringing WoC items in the new patch the labs would be re-opened otherwise, what's the point? That's possibly the reason for the delay. They're trying to make sure that the labs are working properly for the next patch. Just a thought. :confused:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Oh - and the Spy WoC PA article in VotR mag ?

"Shot after shot pounds their armor, while they helplessly run in circles. Several Screaming Horse mercenary guards spring to arms and scan the area. They finally find the attacker – a sniper on a roof on the other side of the avenue – ..."

Firstly, as soon as you hit a guard or mob they know exactly where you are and shoot back, but it's a storyline so live with it.
Secondly, have you ever heard of snipers taking cover behind objects? The screenie we see of him is AFTER he's killed the copbots and has revealed himself.
But mostly, the first reason. It's a storyline.

aKe`cj
25-05-06, 12:45

Some people tend to see what they want.. and I aint specificly refering to the guards here... useless-fucking-rant. (the post of course .. not you, kurai ... <3 ya)

http://mirrors.akedo.de/random/votrscreen.jpg
http://mirrors.akedo.de/random/colortable.jpg

Jezaz.. that PA has NEON FUCKING ORANGE all over it! It glows in the dark, sticks up signs at distance and it's no mech nor has it playershops incorporated.... WTF KK! :o

Tratos
25-05-06, 13:16
Well it's thursday again :p

Normaly around 3/4ish BST aint it?

*waits patiently* KK feel free to chime in if my waiting isn't needed, i.e. still no patch :p

aKe`cj
25-05-06, 13:19
Well it's thursday again :p

Normaly around 3/4ish BST aint it?

*waits patiently* KK feel free to chime in if my waiting isn't needed, i.e. still no patch :p

Impossible today... apart from bakerys, hospitals, police etc. you wont find a lot of operating businesses in germany. It's a national holiday.

Brammers
25-05-06, 13:37
Impossible today... apart from bakerys, hospitals, police etc. you wont find a lot of operating businesses in germany. It's a national holiday.

And they wont patch next Thursday either, everyone in the KK office will be playing Halflife 2:Episode 1. :D

aKe`cj
25-05-06, 13:48
And they wont patch next Thursday either, everyone in the KK office will be playing Halflife 2:Episode 1. :D

Afaik ratboy is more into consoles and codi has by now overcome his professional HL/cstrike ambitions. That makes at least two of them who could work - although I am sure there are plenty of reasons, other than HL2-E1 that can delay a patch :p

Spermy
26-05-06, 10:10
Have you forgotten the infamous "Big Lip Man", or the hacknet skin bug? It can still happen, but who cares? It's some cool new stuff that most of us will enjoy and the rest can STFU and not wear it. :D

Skin = Texture - Lip bug = model error. If you have some kind of modelling proggy, it's easy to recreate. Plus - I for one, don't mind the tanl PA... Spy would be better with white armour and blue neon IMO. :D

I assumed that with bringing WoC items in the new patch the labs would be re-opened otherwise, what's the point? That's possibly the reason for the delay. They're trying to make sure that the labs are working properly for the next patch. Just a thought. :confused:

One of many possible reasons, Simple fix to the labs, wipe the fucking doors. Problem solved. Till then there's always the other tunnel thingies, or are those closed too? :confused: I dunno - I rarely pay attention :S

Firstly, as soon as you hit a guard or mob they know exactly where you are and shoot back, but it's a storyline so live with it.
Secondly, have you ever heard of snipers taking cover behind objects? The screenie we see of him is AFTER he's killed the copbots and has revealed himself.
But mostly, the first reason. It's a storyline.

But you have to admit Jodo...

It does look a tad gay.

<_<

giga191
26-05-06, 10:56
It does look a tad gay.

<_< racist

Spermy
26-05-06, 12:09
racist

Shup yuo Alein scum!11!somenumbers1!

>_>

giga191
26-05-06, 12:27
hmm, i suddenly have a strong urge to win the master of the universe competition.... ;)

Bugs Gunny
26-05-06, 12:46
If my big lip gets taken away i'm quiting.
I've grown acustomed to it, hell i've even grown to love it.

Hell-demon
26-05-06, 12:58
Who is to say that lip bug wont carry on in NC2.2?

unreal
26-05-06, 16:50
lol I deleted my capped male PE because of the lip bug, and made a female one instead.

Bugs Gunny
26-05-06, 17:53
So you could be a "taker" instead of a "giver" ? :angel:

Hell-demon
26-05-06, 18:03
Now Bugs, we both know I did it to be a giver :p

LTA
29-05-06, 17:43
Might be a impressive bit of work if it wasnt the same old re used n abused pa model... so it has a bit of a glow, it still looks like the grey birdshit covered pa i have had to endure since they made all hc pa white/gray.

I'd rather have some exclusive looking pa than a simple retextured one especially for woc feckin 3.....

To say it has a whole department to this (since they don't bug fix/balance etc etc) i am pretty dissapointed, would've thought they could muster up something a bit more creative/Unique... but dont tell me suddenly they are working hard on other graphical content...

As it is it looks good sure but not good enough to be Woc 3 PA in my eyes no where near a reward of that kinda grind and money lol

Seraphin[69]
30-05-06, 10:24
It would only be usefull if the PA gave some XRAY resist against that damn XBOW :p

Spermy
30-05-06, 13:50
I'd wear it in plaza/TH. As it is, I've rarely bothered with PA. VK armour is far too useful.

Bugs Gunny
30-05-06, 15:07
Seriously, which capped tank uses the hc pa? In fact most melee tanks don't even use it.

NAPPER
30-05-06, 15:33
Seriously, which capped tank uses the hc pa? In fact most melee tanks don't even use it.

its very rare to see a tank wearing armor in pvp solo or even op war the only reason i did wear it was to get the lvl that comes with it

ROZZER187
08-06-06, 01:44

i have woc!!!!!!!!!!! shoot me shoot me :lol:

unless its different to the other pa's other than a woc req then i'll just use it to pose :lol:

bugs you can use it when your pushing drugs in the old psi shop in plaza 1

pabz
08-06-06, 11:33
It needs to be something nice and slim to wear so you dont get hit :angel:

CMaster
08-06-06, 11:39
Patch Day?

Nidhogg
08-06-06, 12:05
Patch Day?
The patch won't be this week I'm afraid. We're hopefully on the final release candidate now, though I can't guarantee that there won't be more internal test iterations should some issue be discovered.

N

unreal
08-06-06, 12:14
Hopefully the same tune won't be played next Thursday. Terra was actually on 1% this morning.

CMaster
08-06-06, 12:28
The patch won't be this week I'm afraid. We're hopefully on the final release candidate now, though I can't guarantee that there won't be more internal test iterations should some issue be discovered.

N

Fair enough. Can I just add though that the community as a whole would prefer to see small patches that do very little often, as opposed to KK thinking "if we just wait a week, we could also patch this in game". Especially as since the lsat patch theres been some fairly serious exploits around. Although admittedly if you've found probleith the patch, go ahead and deal with them.

Read-Only
08-06-06, 12:47
It needs to be something nice and slim to wear so you dont get hit :angel:
Hitboxes are the EXACT SAME SIZE on a tank wearing a PA and a tank not wearing a PA. And the same stands for ALL CLASSES. No offense, but you'd better ask a GM or log dual ingame accounts to test it before stating bullshit.

Actually, if only most of the tanks were wearing a camo, you could even say it's harder to hit a tank wearing a PA in a group battle, cause they'd all look the same thus getting harder to be spotted/identified by the ennemy (especially those using vent)

No PA = different player models = easy to spot/identify and ask team on vent to get the focus on you (though it's also a bit harder for your ppu to help you when you ask for it on vent)

Not to mention you can't hit him on the apparent edges (hitbox is smaller than the massive PA model) whereas edges on a tank not wearing it are approx the actual limits of his hitboxes. So contraly to a no-PA tank target, you can't have a precise idea of the hitboxes borders on a tank wearing one, making him BY DEFINITION harder to aim at.

The only potential disadvantage of wearing a PA nowadays, is that many people think that your hitboxes are bigger (which is, I repeat, totally wrong) so they will probably try to get you first.

If you people don't get the point, you're either too lazy to test things by your own, or just too stupid to think by yourself.

Don't be a sheep, wear a PA fools !

Dribble Joy
08-06-06, 13:05
Remember there's a difference between the hitbox as the thing you can see (little green/yellow/red lines) and the actual area where the crosshairs highlight something. The size of area for all runners is the same, but the 'hitbox' visuals can be different.

Spermy
08-06-06, 15:07
Remember there's a difference between the hitbox as the thing you can see (little green/yellow/red lines) and the actual area where the crosshairs highlight something. The size of area for all runners is the same, but the 'hitbox' visuals can be different.

Agreed. A "slim" armour will fill less of the hitbox vixually, the crosshair will still close on the null space of teh hitbox, but when it comes to differentiating between thin air and a hitbox, it's a lot easier to do against something you can see.

Hopefully that made sense.

gamefreak
08-06-06, 15:20

N

so what about another little spoiler ? :)

G

Tratos
08-06-06, 16:10
so what about another little spoiler ? :)

G
Yeah that'd be nice, even a little peak at some of the none content additions in the patch. Such as the issues which have been stated are being/have been dealt with.

Heavyporker
08-06-06, 18:58
Good gravy, that looks so sexy!

pabz
08-06-06, 18:59
Hitboxes are the EXACT SAME SIZE on a tank wearing a PA and a tank not wearing a PA. And the same stands for ALL CLASSES. No offense, but you'd better ask a GM or log dual ingame accounts to test it before stating bullshit.

Look fool I was talking about the visual side. Try to understand the concept before posting yourself; did I mention hitboxes?

You can wear what you want, do what you want.

Galileo
08-06-06, 19:25
Was just wondering; what with certain events taking place, what are the chances of this patch being released in the next month?

Germany obviously isn't the place to be at the moment, nothing special starting there tomorrow. Chances of everyone in the KK offices not taking massive amounts of time off?

I wish I were in Germany now :(

P.S. 10 Euro's on Germany not making it to the Knock-out phase.....Who wants some?

unreal
08-06-06, 19:42
Yeah, the delay I predict is going to be caused by them sitting there watching football during "work" hours. ;) I hope someone boots Rooney in the face at some point... oh wait... someone already did. :o

gamefreak
09-06-06, 00:34
P.S. 10 Euro's on Germany not making it to the Knock-out phase.....Who wants some?

10€ they get further than England ? :p

G

Kame
14-06-06, 16:52

I have a cap melee and he wears PA at all times, for OP and random pvp. Hell i even use a Blade of Ceres sometimes in OP war, and i still manage to kill all FF's apus.
I even killed you plenty times with that PA on.

The melee i use is Hegon.