PDA

View Full Version : [Video] MB Brawl

solid-rock
23-05-06, 09:24
Its been up for a couple of dayes now but i thought id point it out here anyway.

My second NC PVP video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1329630480914300728)

And please dont flame me for frapsing an MB fight it whas all i could find :P.

unreal
23-05-06, 09:36
Guess you weren't looking hard enough. :p Sorry to say, that's probably the most boring Neocron video I've ever seen, and that was only after watching 30seconds of it. :/ Best Neocron music in the game though, considering, althought I think I heard some better somewhat heavy music somewhere. :)

The so called "PvP" is Military Base is always awful, I'd have more fun being gangbanged after punching a guard and not running away. Sorry again. :o

solid-rock
23-05-06, 11:30
Bout half an hour after i shot this the giant anti vs pro opfight broke out witch ofcourse i didnt get around to shooting :P. But at that time it whas all that whas going on.

Rookie-Doo
23-05-06, 11:42
Is it possible to download the videos at google?

pabz
23-05-06, 13:10
I hate how you cant tell whos who in the video.

Bugs Gunny
23-05-06, 13:23
Haven't watched it yet, but is this another one of those apu-ppu gangbang teams at mb zoneline?

Spermy
23-05-06, 13:35
Now, I'm all for dynamic videos, but you move around way too much. You don't focus on anything long enough to get a good view of whats going on.

When I film a fight, I want to be able to show

- Who they are. Who they're fighting
- How well they're doing
- How good they are

All you seem to be doing is running through a crowd, turning round and running around a bit more. The best thing about frapsing a fight is it lets you see how others fight. With this, all I can see is how many times a man can run up and down a tiny corridor.

If you want scope, get into the corner, get a shot of the fight in it's entirety. Throw in some solo action, stick with one guy, show us how he works, how he fights.

The fight was a good oppurtunity to get some real good action clips, but you were far too erratic.Tone down the crazy camera work, and focus on whats important, showing us a fight. :)

Those time you did focus on one person, you quickly drifted from them, three quarters of the way through, there was a gutsy melee tank, having a crack at monk, that was pretty good, but the second you lost track of him, you gave up.

Just because you lose him doesn't mean you have to give up dude, Splice some clips together, cut out the parts where your looking for a target, it'll cut down your filesize, giving you the oppurtunity to film at a higher quality.

Music rocks, good call on it.

Get out there, find a fight and give us another one :) Show us what you can do ;)

cRazy-
23-05-06, 13:37
My MB pvp video was clearly the best.

I mean what other video has bat vs bat action whilst listening to Spanish flea?

bobleponge
23-05-06, 13:55
Now, I'm all for dynamic videos, but you move around way too much. You don't focus on anything long enough to get a good view of whats going on.

- How well they're doing
- How good they are

All you seem to be doing is running through a crowd, turning round and running around a bit more. The best thing about frapsing a fight is it lets you see how others fight. With this, all I can see is how many times a man can run up and down a tiny corridor.

If you want scope, get into the corner, get a shot of the fight in it's entirety. Throw in some solo action, stick with one guy, show us how he works, how he fights.

The fight was a good oppurtunity to get some real good action clips, but you were far too erratic.Tone down the crazy camera work, and focus on whats important, showing us a fight. :)

Those time you did focus on one person, you quickly drifted from them, three quarters of the way through, there was a gutsy melee tank, having a crack at monk, that was pretty good, but the second you lost track of him, you gave up.

Just because you lose him doesn't mean you have to give up dude, Splice some clips together, cut out the parts where your looking for a target, it'll cut down your filesize, giving you the oppurtunity to film at a higher quality.

Get out there, find a fight and give us another one :) Show us what you can do ;)

I like your analysis which is true, but to make this style can be excel for a fast vid showing fast actions(shares).
This kind(genre) of vid with no background is very tiring of looking.

To make a good vid, be inspired, adopt your style and imagine an attractive history(story) with why not of the suspense, the feelings...

Sorry my english is very bad :o

Spermy
23-05-06, 13:59
I like your analysis which is true, but to make this style can be excel for a fast vid showing fast actions(shares).
This kind(genre) of vid with no background is very tiring of looking.

To make a good vid, be inspired, adopt your style and imagine an attractive history(story) with why not of the suspense, the feelings...

Sorry my english is very bad :o

No worries. 100% agree. The basis for the video was good, it was just the execution that was lacking. He definitely got into it, perhaps a little too enthusiastic though!

:angel:

Cadgar
23-05-06, 17:35
Awwwww my eyes and ears are bleeding

-FN-
23-05-06, 18:12
So I went to watch that video...

and ended up watching this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4064173527336746449) video...

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

giga191
23-05-06, 18:51
never join sxr

-FN-
23-05-06, 18:54
never join sxr
Well in all fairness that was Antisense talking, who to my knowledge, isn't SXR. But our public Vent channel evidently picked up that conversation.

Okran
23-05-06, 19:18
I didnt stay around for this except to take a few photos. I dunno WHAT was gong on, but the guards were attacking the copbots and visa versa.

CMaster
23-05-06, 19:45
Its perfectly normal to see that - its a result of the faction relationships and default NPC AI.
And that vent discussion wasn't a PATCH on some of the TFC conversations sunday night. Hell, FETISH havent expressed anything as wrong as the insinuations we were making.

cRazy-
23-05-06, 20:08
Its perfectly normal to see that - its a result of the faction relationships

It has nothing to do with the faction relationships.

solid-rock
23-05-06, 20:24

- How well they're doing
- How good they are

Ah yes this begs for my atention as its perhaps the only constrcutive post in here for me :P. As for quality google is to blame here. I shot in fullzise 1024*764 and saved in 640*480 and here you can see the names of the people quite clearly (the melee tank is Daggerz). Full size version will be uploaded to another domain soon. As i said this is only my second film so im still quite inexperienced and i apreciate your advice on camera control. I did try to stick to the same person for mutch of the time and most of the shots are of me folowing CDM around. I did in fact not stop folowing daggz after i lost sight of him but i chose to cut the shot of him runing across the zoneline to heal as it would slow the video down too mutch at a bad point.

So I went to watch that video...

and ended up watching this video...

Thats immys only google vid :P. The fight has absolutely nothing to do with symp. Its provoked by atacking a next guard and then ducking down behind a copbot causing the guard to hit the cop and agro him. These things can go on for ages since the faction guards are the most hardy npc's youll find ingame. They usually take out half the copbot population before they either get killed or reset.

CMaster
23-05-06, 20:25
It has nothing to do with the faction relationships.

It does. NPCs that are allied to each other will never attack each other, moreover, they will come to the aid of allied NPCs "calling for help". NPCs that are enemies will attack each other on sight. NPCs that are neutral will ignore each others presence and "calls for help". They will however respond if attacked.

The situation in Plaza 4 is when somebody coaxes the NEXT guards (which use plasma cannons - splash damage) into firing at something and hitting a copbot. Copbots then "call for help" and respond, leading to the all out war we see. This is a DIRECT RESULT of the change to Neutral relations between CA and NeXT.

cRazy-
23-05-06, 20:28
It does. NPCs that are allied to each other will never attack each other, moreover, they will come to the aid of allied NPCs "calling for help". NPCs that are enemies will attack each other on sight. NPCs that are neutral will ignore each others presence and "calls for help". They will however respond if attacked.

ohh I thought you were talking about some kind of official reason for the conflict.

Nevermind then.

solid-rock
23-05-06, 23:32
High res vid graciusly hosted by 5th Street Corp

MB Brawl High Res (http://www.5th-street-corp.co.uk/Neocron/Neocron%202%20-%20Millitary%20Base.wmv)

Spermy
24-05-06, 12:39
The situation in Plaza 4 is when somebody coaxes the NEXT guards (which use plasma cannons - splash damage) into firing at something and hitting a copbot. Copbots then "call for help" and respond, leading to the all out war we see. This is a DIRECT RESULT of the change to Neutral relations between CA and NeXT.

So, what happens when a red is running through this streetfight? Do They stop and focus on them or what? O_o

Thats gotta be some kind of major gameplay flaw right there, and a pretty massive reason to change the damn symps! :D

CMaster
24-05-06, 12:45
So, what happens when a red is running through this streetfight? Do They stop and focus on them or what? O_o

Thats gotta be some kind of major gameplay flaw right there, and a pretty massive reason to change the damn symps! :D

They'll ignore red runners, because they are already aggroed - most NPCs are pretty single minded with respect to that. Once they have aggroed on someboy, they wont change focus until their target has died or if something else does more damage to them.
Its not to do with SYMPs, its to do with faction relationships and NPC AI. The simplest solution I can think of is making P4 either copbot protected only or NEXT guard protected only. Either that or give guards differnt AI.

Spermy
24-05-06, 12:55
They'll ignore red runners, because they are already aggroed - most NPCs are pretty single minded with respect to that. Once they have aggroed on someboy, they wont change focus until their target has died or if something else does more damage to them.
Its not to do with SYMPs, its to do with faction relationships and NPC AI. The simplest solution I can think of is making P4 either copbot protected only or NEXT guard protected only. Either that or give guards differnt AI.

My mistake as far as faction symps go - wrong end of the stick, but the free pass for reds is somewhat amusing :p At least it's confined to one sector.

AFAIK...

<_<

solid-rock
24-05-06, 13:07
Well theyd have to be lucky so that they run through while a fight whas going on. If they run in and no fight has not been started the copbots will agro them.