PDA

View Full Version : More Events? Population Horrific

unreal
23-05-06, 01:21
The population is dropping and dropping, at peak time, at this exact moment, the population on Terra is 113, that's including myself logging in for 2minutes to see how many of the PvPing type regular people aren't on, and god knows how many idlers at MB, TH and Plaza 1, then there's the newbies levelling up in places such as J01 and Plaza 2 to think about. It's absolutely terrible.

There really needs to be some effort by officials regarding events, no matter how simple they are. As in all my complaints about lack of simple fun events: BRING ON THE IRONHEAD! et cetera. It's probably not acceptable to bring him out of the shadows THAT often, so perhaps create new roleplay GM characters that are quite simply, maniacs, wielding different types of weapons that pack a nasty punch.

People obviously don't play Neocron for the regular patches and content, generally because such things are rare, we play to have fun, and there's becoming less and less of it, and as a result, the population is increasingly suffering. Entire clans are taking breaks from Neocron and playing other things, some say they'll be returning in June, but that might not be true, if they start to play something else all this time, they might just say "bollocks to it" and leave Neocron altogether.

I've played and been in charge of several games that are similair in that respect. Events with prize rewards are what make people stick around longer. Even if it's some non-action type event such as trivia (quite random and boring to some people I know, but still), where someone will get n credits per correct answer. Duelling events like regular Fight Nights, where you get, once again, those nice things called "rewards". As already mentioned, GM roleplay activity where they'll run around on characters such as Ironhead and cause trouble in The Wastelands. It means people aren't just sat around bored, hoping to someday find a group of people to fight that doesn't include being paraspammed to Regants Legacy and back.

The community (generally Cmaster, Phoenix Ltd and F.E.T.I.S.H) have done some of their own events with help from specific Event GM's (usually the sexy Phase), but it would be nice to see more on the official side.

Are event applications still reviewed/accepted if they're submitted? If not, why? Is it so hard to hire English volunteers to help with events on Terra?

I was thinking of perhaps giving a purpose to the person who was employed to solely work on the storyline? It appears that it takes this person absolutely FOREVER to progress a small step ahead, so why not get this person to learn the basic GM commands (such as spawning specific mobs), and start running around on Terra with a roleplay character, causing havoc? It would be a lot of fun, for him as well I would assume.

PS. To Nidhogg or other moderators, regarding the last paragraph, i'm not insulting or offending the storyline person imparticular, it just appears that very little is done (as noticed by the community, especially regarding the Neocronicle and such) with the storyline, and therefore he should become useful, and help keep a bit of activity/interest going, which is pretty much what progressing the storyline is supposed to do, and currently isn't.

Nidhogg
23-05-06, 01:52
Thread moved.

If you want GM help to organise small events all you have to do is ask. As for the language issue you PM'd me about, there's only one Faction Assistant who doesn't speak English so you may need some help in that particular case - it doesn't mean he doesn't want to speak to you. In fact there's an English-only Faction Assistant who also works on the German servers and he has the opposite problem, but in both cases they manage to communicate when needed.

The event GM team is being strengthened atm and there are 8+ RP characters, all of which will be happy to engage you.

N

Apocalypsox
23-05-06, 02:09
events arent the answer. ingame events can only hold a persons attention for so long.

unreal
23-05-06, 02:17
Maybe they should swap each others accounts. :p (kidding)

I would assume the best way to go about getting an event together would be to submit a help ticket, specifically asking for an Event GM to respond? Personally speaking, if I were to start trying to get events together and fund the prizes myself, I would most likely have to delete one of my characters, to make some uber cash from levelling in peace and quiet with an LE in. :)

The event GM team is being strengthened atm and there are 8+ RP characters, all of which will be happy to engage you.With the whole roleplay character thing, I mostly referred to combat specific roleplay characters, such as Ironhead. How many of those 8+ RP characters are there to PvP with? I know there are newbie roleplay characters that are there for storyline/faction related events (such as John Redcloud, etc), and characters for reporting to Neocronicle. They're mostly on the useless side when it comes to fun though, unless you have two teams, one defending the newbie character, and one that isn't (like with the FETISH drug convoy many months ago now, which involved needing to kill a Phoenix newbie).

Nidhogg
23-05-06, 10:10
How many of those 8+ RP characters are there to PvP with?
Engage them and find out. Chenoa is the person to speak to.

N

Chenoa
23-05-06, 17:18
Noone !

RP != PvP!

RP Chars = RP Chars, they arent allowed to use weapons, so no PvP.
This rule is so old like NC and this rule will stay !

Ironhead is the only one exception !

Nidhogg
23-05-06, 18:06
Thanks for the clarification!

N

Spermy
23-05-06, 18:14
Noone !

RP != PvP!

RP Chars = RP Chars, they arent allowed to use weapons, so no PvP.
This rule is so old like NC and this rule will stay !

Ironhead is the only one exception !

So, they work your way and your way only? That kinda narrows the scope for events somewhat.

Chenoa
23-05-06, 18:22
So, they work your way and your way only? That kinda narrows the scope for events somewhat.

Not my way Spermy - the NC way, as always , since years now.

cRazy-
23-05-06, 18:27
[ edited ]

nobby
23-05-06, 18:36
[ edited ]

Hell-demon
23-05-06, 18:43
[ edited ]

giga191
23-05-06, 18:53
[ edited ]

Hell-demon
23-05-06, 18:59
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
23-05-06, 19:31
I'm about a micron away from closing this because you know how Unreal loves spam on his threads.

N

cRazy-
23-05-06, 19:36
I prefer Spam on my Toast tbh but whatever floats his boat.

Anyway to keep this post worthwhile, who or what is Ironhead? I musn't of been around when that was going on.

CMaster
23-05-06, 19:43
Ironhead was a "charasmatic" leader of an anarchy breed biker gang, who took to holding "parties" at various wasteland locations, and also raiding various locations for resouces or kicks, belonging to all factions. He had a special headbone that he claimed made him invincible and also blabbered wildely about the "secret of GR". Mostly he just shouted "kill kill" while missing an awful lot with his slasher. Which was incidentally the worst slasher in the world - hacked it from his belt once - "Better Slasher with 2 free slots". Yes, really 67% or so stats.

Opinions from me later in this thread.

unreal
23-05-06, 19:44
Nidhogg was being sarcastic (I hope)... Ironhead is a PvPing GM roleplay character that's rarely seen, but is extremely fun when he is. I don't really know the background about him, Cmaster probably does, but what happens is he generally runs around the wasteland spawning Anarchy Breed to cause havoc.

The last time I saw this happen was when I was in TFC, we were randomly sat at McPherson and a load of Anarchy Breed were spawned inside the Outpost. Ironhead announces he's somewhere near the coastline. We kill them, and some newbie says on alliance "there's a load of Anarchy Breed at Jeriko", so me and Cmaster run there, and turn up to find a load of Anarchy Breed inside the OP, and some at the broken ASG near the guards.

After Dark turns up and tries to say TFC are FF spies (with the whole FF alt crap, my name is lore to be honest) and are interupting their OP fight that was about to occur, by getting GM's to spawn things, which results in the usual routine of being damage boosted and paraspammed while trying to kill the Anarchy Breed. Then Ironhead reveals himself, and eventually gets his ass handed to him. Lots of good fun. There should be more of those characters. From what Chenoa said, it seems all the other "roleplay" characters are entirely boring and useless.

Edit: Meh, By the time I finished writing that Cmaster had already posted.

RogerRamjet
24-05-06, 00:41
I prefer Spam on my Toast tbh but whatever floats his boat.

[ edited ]

solid-rock
24-05-06, 12:10
Would be kinda cool. Acually it would be kinda cool to play one of those pvp chars. Im about 4 years short of being a event GM though :( .

Zheo
24-05-06, 12:43
Lol I'm one of the few people who keeps up with the story? I was screaming about spiders over OOC and help (since im not NC) in NC and then in plaza while I was there, and everyone ignored me lol not that I mind, I had fun killing all the spiders in the zones and finding where they came from. Also I had fun with everyone at MB killing the spiders at the bunker, and then later on in the week the ceres muties who had a genrep in the north west bunker, most people where too busy killing each other in the entrance to MB to come out and take part in the event but we managed it alone, LPN and some others :)

So those of you that complain about their not being enough events should switch on OOC and Help, alot of people scream on them when there's an event. Granted these where small events and where not advertised in any way. However as a community we *could* all work together to create events but I don't see that happening any time soon :D And even if we did 30seconds after OOC would be flooded with "JOO ZERGED US!11!11!1" etc etc. For half an hour or so.

Kierz
25-05-06, 03:10
From what Chenoa said, it seems all the other "roleplay" characters are entirely boring and useless.:D

virgil caine
25-05-06, 05:09
Ironhead chased me across 3 zones before I finally had to kill him with my soulcluster. You are right about his weapon he could not hit the side of a barn. I just damage boosted him and cast an SC after that I parashocked him so he couldn't get away : P

Apocalypsox
25-05-06, 05:24
cheap monk. Para is for n00bs!

and im surprised he didnt just pull out a CS and obliterate you :cool:

Strife
25-05-06, 07:00
The population is dropping and dropping
[/account]

Uho
25-05-06, 07:35
Last nite there was 15% ppl on. Thats not bad considering what it has been....

Bozz-Von Mel
25-05-06, 07:42
All I ask is keep the game going till I get back. I cant wait to come back and waste more of my life. lol.....

Uho
25-05-06, 07:48
why u need to wait? :P
just login and play :P

i mean real nocrack ppl like me play this game on a bad laptop and a mobile phone, if theres no other way ....

ps. Theres always a way :P

Bozz-Von Mel
25-05-06, 07:53
why u need to wait? :P
just login and play :P

i mean real nocrack ppl like me play this game on a bad laptop and a mobile phone, if theres no other way ....

ps. Theres always a way :P

ok, let me tell you how neocrack i am. I am in Iraq, during my off time I was playing NC at a 4000 ping. Then the ISP shut me down because I was taking too much bandwidth from other users. I have been without NC since late February and I am stuck in this hell hole till November. God help me I love Neocron.

nobby
25-05-06, 08:05
[ edited ]

Uho
25-05-06, 08:18
Like i said.. i would play it there with a mobile phone :P

Uho
25-05-06, 08:25
heee just found old NC2 trailer from hd :P
so if your bored and havent seen it its nice to watch:
Nc2 Trailer (http://www.freedomforce.fi/nc2trailer.avi)

aKe`cj
25-05-06, 14:45
thing I like most about it is the mainmenu.mp3 and credits.mp3 ...a masterpiece of sound-engineering. ...well - not a masterpiece :p ... but still .. I like em'

unreal
25-05-06, 15:02
Stay on topic please before Nidhogg just closes it.

CHA0S
25-05-06, 15:28
tbh i hope that the RP side of this game gets to go under the knife like the characters have, Chenoa times change and i think its about time the RP gets a WAAAAAY more active role we are now in NC2.1 and im sure alot of the few ppl who are playing would love to see some more "hard-hitting" role playing which will affect most if not all.
This game has alot of potential in the RP side but alas nothing is really ever happening.
afaik this month there has been only TWO official RP type events BUT thats not as of yet been player driven.

so PLEASE for the sake of us all come up with some RP that involves us runners more

Thx

unreal
25-05-06, 15:37
You talking about what was posted on the Neocronicle/VOTR? As far as I know there hasn't been any events this month.

Fega
25-05-06, 15:41
Lets see this missing persons thing of neocronicle come alive, dont you think it would be fun if a gm ambused you and told you you were on the missing persons list now and had to stay in the mainsewer :P

Terayon
25-05-06, 20:02
Im sure the pop will get a bit better once the balancing happens.

But then again it probably wont be enough. Ive always liked the idea of making neocron free and just restricting stuff. Not sure whos idea it was, wasent mine in any case. Maybe people could be restricted to only making PE's and not able to join some factions or somthing.