PDA

View Full Version : KK's Forgotten, They dont care!

Pantho
21-05-06, 04:02
What is going to become of the neptune server.... please answer one of the following

1, MAY become a test server
2, We dont know
3, MAY be enhanced to improve pop
4, We dont care like all the other UNANSWERED Q's....

And plz answer

What will become of the players on neptune if its removed..

1, Transfer
2, We dont care (Like all the other things...)
3, Something else

im getting fed up with KK at the moment...

Nid ive seen a few statments KK have made that have been removed when promises are not kept, i mean for fucks sake, GOOGLE keep a cache of the NC forums every few weeks, so its pointless removing posts like that, just because the DEVS/KK fail to deliver a promise...

This is just like the * dozen promises that was before NC2, like player shops and more, you just dont answer them, even i the Q and A thread, i mean... at least say you dont care anymore....

That i can live with, ignorance and being stupid is something i cannot live without,

Rant over, Baileys ftw....

PS, Even item Tracking was well and truly fucked, but you guys wont jsut say "We gave up on it", or "We are trying to implement it" or even "We are trying,but may take time", or hell even taken the mass bulslhit u guys say "We tried but cant, sorry"

-edit, Plz add a list of things that KK have forgetting thx :)

.hack//sign
21-05-06, 05:14
umm, MECHS!!!! :angel:

cRazy-
21-05-06, 05:16
-edit, Plz add a list of things that KK have forgetting thx :)

KK has forgotten how to be cool.

.hack//sign
21-05-06, 06:35
they lost that when they made us pay for DoY :D

Apocalypsox
21-05-06, 08:01
they lost the coolness factor when they didnt GIVE ME MY FUCKING MECHS. i wanna step on crazy :(

but seriously...something needs to be done about neptune. its fun to play on, but with no pop there no econemy...

Strife
21-05-06, 08:38
I don't get why people still expect anything from KK.

_NOTHING_ has really changed in Neocron, other it has more poorly thought out/implented/coded stuff.

If they really cared, they'd have done a better job. Unless they are honestly that poor at what they do.

You can take it as a flame mods, but i call it the remembering the past 6 years. Not that I didn't have a blast at times.

giga191
21-05-06, 10:00
Should have asked in the Q and A thread. There's no reason to care so much, if KK have another fuckup from now on, the game is so low pop already that it's going to die. Just gotta wait for their next move.

Hell-demon
21-05-06, 11:12
It's like a game of chess and they lost their queens and we, the pawns, are slowly dissapearing while the hordes of WoW devour us..............

DAY OF ROCKERNING IS UPON US!

Pantho
21-05-06, 11:30
Should have asked in the Q and A thread. There's no reason to care so much, if KK have another fuckup from now on, the game is so low pop already that it's going to die. Just gotta wait for their next move.

There was some of the Q's in the Q and A thread, then they made the statment with all the Questions written down, "Answers will follow soon" or something, but they missed alot of the Q's they wanted to avoid.

Hell-demon
21-05-06, 11:41
Pantho can you post these promises that Nid has deleted, pretty please?

aKe`cj
21-05-06, 12:09
Although I dont support this rant at all ... and do not think its the right way to approach this topic (a bit less emotional and insultive would serve you well, pantho) - I do understand when people get this impression of KK "not careing at all".
All approaches towards a better communication have failed so far and the issue "item tracking" is a prime example where more transparity would serve the communities mood as well as KK's credibility a lot better.

Nidhogg is, in my opinion, one of the rare exceptions - as he always tries to share as much info as he can to serve the community.
Carnage as well ...but very random - might pop up a day and post on the forums and then disappear for a week or two again.

It's really sad that the majority of KK wont sit at one table with the community... or at least make it more transparent as to what each one in the company is doing to help NC2 survive ... when the community can't see your faith & enthusiasm for the project, KK, they wont keep theirs either.

unreal
21-05-06, 13:22
It's really sad that the majority of KK wont sit at one table with the community... or at least make it more transparent as to what each one in the company is doing to help NC2 survive ... when the community can't see your faith & enthusiasm for the project, KK, they wont keep theirs either.Nicely said. It's the community keeping Neocron alive, and when that supply of people are steadily jumping on the exit wagon to play something else (which most of the good PvPing type people have already done), you can picture the result.

As Nidhogg nicely mentioned to me in my recent warning, I've been playing since Neocron 2 beta - "that's 2 years and 817 posts of constant complaints" - WHY the hell am I complaining? Patches are rare, and when they get around to actually being released, they're either not on time, or they contain lots of bugs that shouldn't even exist since they should have been tested for, so therefore new patches are created to fix the mistakes. Good events are rare, new content is rare, good storyline activity is rare or long distances apart, even though someone is paid to work on the storyline. Reakktor don't seem to be wanting to hire new (voluntary) event GM's. Communication between Reakktor and the Neocron community that WANTS to see Neocron progress, is absoutely piss poor, to say the least. I'm not complaining about people like Nidhogg here, he's only the man inbetween, he gets told what Reakktor want to tell him, which is usually very little.

Surely it's simple enough to create monthly progress reports, and submit a copy to Nidhogg with highlighted bits that obviously show what he can and cannot release to the public. The community just feel like nothing is ever being done, a large portion of those reasons being listed above.

Several months ago the population was quite high on Terra, usually peaking at about 22%, you could find fights all over the place, but since endless amounts of people have stopped playing, the ones that don't just run around levelling or being carebares that is, the population now peaks at about 16%.The last couple of days have been nice, been the odd good fight here and there, but the lame tactics (like constant paraspam which kills PvP (sorry for saying that for the millionth time) and is extremely unneccessary when i'm a lone Spy fighting two PPU buffed tanks, one HC and one MC) still exist, and make Neocron more dull by the day.

Dogface
21-05-06, 13:41
Baileys ftw....

Who would have guess that had something to do with this thread :p

Nidhogg
21-05-06, 13:49
We've already captured these questions on the Q&A thread. If they've not been answered is because we're not at a time where we can answer them or a decision hasn't been made.

The mech question has been answered; there are no plans to implement them.

Rant thread closed. Like other closed threads it will eventually be archived to keep the forums tidy, so no big conspiracy there.

Couple of last things. Don't drink and post, and don't drink Baileys - it's for girls.

N

/edit - this isn't a communication problem, it's a measure of "slow and steady" progress. How can we possibly keep communicating things back to you on a rapid basis when things just don't move that quickly?