PDA

View Full Version : Good pistol level to stop leveling

PotoMigato
20-05-06, 22:25
I'm playing as a private eye. I've picked the pistol to be my only form of attack. So I'm not leveling the rifle, melee, psi or high tech. Whats a the best pistol level to have? For example if the best pistol requires a level 80 than thats probably as high as you should level the pistol. What is the best pistol's level? I'm asking because I dont want to have too much pistol than I actully need. thanx.

yuuki
20-05-06, 22:43
erm as a pistol pe i would highly recommend that you lvl hitec combat as well there are only 2 rare lotech pistols, the wyatt earp and the liberator (dex 88/pc 109, dex 91/pc 110 respectively), of whom only the libby has a (limited) pvp potential, whereas there are numerous hitech pistols you could use.

check either
or [url=]http://nc.synergyxr.net (]http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/NC2mF.htm[/url) for the different weapons there are.

and you will have to increase pc and weaponlore above the stated requirements as you need to be good with a weapon (to capp it at best) to stand a chance in pvp.

you will see that you reached the maximum damageoutput of a certain gun in info under damage where it should do 178%.

additionaly a pe has enough str to spare to gun a reveler, which gives good xp and could be an option for additional possibilities on your character, so you may think about leveling hc a bit too :)

Apocalypsox
21-05-06, 00:23
The Judge, the most used hightech pistol for Pistol Private Eye characters, caps at around 180 Pistol combat. i would shoot for around that number.

Bugs Gunny
21-05-06, 01:00
90wpl and 168 pc caps a judge.
But remember you get bonuses from chips too (SA, SF etc).

Bredahl
21-05-06, 01:57
The Judge, the most used hightech pistol for Pistol Private Eye characters, caps at around 180 Pistol combat. i would shoot for around that number.

180P-C ?! O_o thats almost enough to cap slasher/exec.. 168 P-C should cap a jugde.. well a all arti one that is.. but why ever use anything other than all arti wepons? ;)

SorkZmok
21-05-06, 05:45
IF you go lowtech, get an earp. And make sure its's an explosive one, the other mods are crap.

Earp really rocks for leveling. If you go hightech, just get that tangent epic pistol/rifle, it's neat for leveing. Easy to cap, cheap tp repair and it cant't drop.
For a high end setup, go for a judge. Looks sexy, people underestimate it and there's a few nic setips on nc.snyergyxr.com/setups.

IM SO DRUNMK

Dribble Joy
21-05-06, 14:58
The low techs (for reason I need not go into) are only really viable if you use a Damage Boost spell, which is PSI 29.

The slasher or Executioner are good, but you will have to drug unless you 'gimp' you setup.

edit:
Actually, you can only reach 112 dex on a PE with implants and PA, so to get to 113 you will have to drug.

editedit:
Actually you can get to 113 but you have to use a DoY eye, which reaaly would be 'gimpage'.
You could even get to 118 with a tradeskill glove, but they reduce your PC by 100 so to use a slasher you would need about 212 PC to use a slasher/exec.