PDA

View Full Version : Lomming - Idea

Necpock
19-05-06, 19:36
Ok, so whats it at the moment, 4 minutes each lom?
15 loms an hour = 75 Subskill points roughly. (depending on subskill level)

Ok, so say you have many points to total lom out, say 150 construct. I think you get the idea... To the Point!

-- The point --
Have a mission which takes as long as a faction epic.
Reward : Complete lom of the desired subskill
And having the mission worth while doing, take less XP from the skills then a normal lom does.

1) Its easy
2) Its more fun then lomming in some random safezone
3) Takes of a few less XP then normal loms

P.S. SI-less Loms FTL :(

zii
19-05-06, 20:01
nah. why not simply reduce SI , a little, to 25%. Howver, it won't happen :)

unreal
19-05-06, 20:12
I've been quite annoyed about LOM pills too. Apart from giving you a vast amount of SI per pill, depending on the level in question, you can lose over 1million XP as well. Surely the XP loss is enough. I know there are good reasons behind this, such as stopping people from being able to quickly tweak their con to their advantage instantly.

Why not add another vendor that sells LOM pills that take away 110 base skill or something to that effect, to help with the whole sitting around doing absolutely bugger all for a day thing.

Because you would NEED to have that high amount of base skill for the LOM pill to actually work, it obviously won't aid in letting people change their setup in regards to constitution or similair very fast.

Fega
19-05-06, 22:55
/signed for Necpocks idea, that would make lomming FUN!

Dogface
19-05-06, 23:18
I really don't mind lomming how it is at the moment and I've lommed my characters plenty of times from one setup to another.

Jodo
19-05-06, 23:41
Lomming is fine the way it is. It's meant to be annoying and a chore. The way it is now helps ensure that there is something to bug everybody about it. Its not meant to be easy or straight forward and certainly not something you can leave doing while you're at work all day.
Also, with regards to the reason/story behind it, you're chemicaly erasing parts of your brain. There's gonna be a fair amount of dizziness to say the least, so yeah, SI at 42% or whatever it is, is fine too.

nellus
20-05-06, 10:22
If you where going to do a faction style epic you would be gaining xp at the same time as trying to regain you skill points which loses you some xp. So it wont happen. ive just lommed my tank and have lost 27million xp in doing so but hey shit happens ive just got to go and level some more.

Leave lomming as it is if you want to lomm you can but it is a chore because you should have done it right the first time....lol

Asurmen Spec Op
21-05-06, 00:03
Currently LOMing is to easy to macro, make it a mission for sure

krynstone
21-05-06, 06:44
I think some kind of mission based "lom" would be a great idea. Because click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiii iiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click ...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii iiiitttttttttttttttttt is not very fun:)

Jodo
21-05-06, 12:40
I think some kind of mission based "lom" would be a great idea. Because click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiii iiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click ...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt...click...wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiii iiiitttttttttttttttttt is not very fun:)

Its not meant to be. The whole process is meant to deter runners from swapping trades and skills in the blink of an eye, otherwise, there would be no real community and everyone would be independent. The game encourages teamwork and business relations. All these points for both sides of the argument have been made since n1 and KK aren't gonna change it. Pretty much for the reasons I've mentioned.

unreal
21-05-06, 13:03
The whole process is meant to deter runners from swapping trades and skills in the blink of an eye, otherwise, there would be no real community and everyone would be independent.As mentionen by Asurmen, LOMing is easy to macro, and pretty much everyone I know does it. Someone I know recently switched from rifles to pistols while being asleep. He just started his macro, then came back the next day to find he has zillions of points to spend on Pistol Combat. So what you just pointed out is invalid. Unless Reakktor add some sort of fix for that (like randomly moving the F2 window AND mouse cursor around after eating a single LOM pill), nothing will change.

Making it a bit more fair for people who don't want to be naughty would be preferred. My idea is only a proposal for LOMing out a vast amount of skill, ie, something like 110 or 120 base skill. Therefore, you could only really use it once on a major subskill like pistol combat when you're wanting to go from one profession to another. The rest would be done with the currently immense SI per pill, making it take quite a while to get everything LOM'd out.

It's not like this will get a second thought by Reakktor anyway, so meh.

Jodo
21-05-06, 13:20
I neither encourage, condone nor indulge in exploiting or cheating so my reasons stand. Posts about such things should have been edited by a mod anyway. I didn't know about it until then so, no doubt, a few people are gonna seek this macro out. If anyone knew about it, it should have been reported to KK privately. Shit like this is helping to kill the game off.

Dogface
21-05-06, 13:45
Shit like this is helping to kill the game off.

Hardly.

Jodo
21-05-06, 13:57
You don't think exploits are ruining the game? People leave because they're on the shitty end of them. Not to mention the fact that with every jizzwipe wannabe hacker idea, KK have to put a lot of time and productivity into stopping it instead of developing the game. So, yeah, shit like that is helping kill the game off.

unreal
21-05-06, 14:01
If anyone knew about it, it should have been reported to KK privately. Shit like this is helping to kill the game off.I've reported quite a few exploits/exploiters in the last few months, but the only thing that happens is "oh, we'll tap them on the hand, bye". It's not like I want people to be banned, but when Paul Mcdugan was inside an OP wall purposely to be untargetable on his pure APU the other week, things like that totally piss me off. It's not like APU's aren't overpowered with their no line of sight and godlike damage as it is.

Dogface
21-05-06, 14:02
"Shit like this" I considered meaning using macros for lomming. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, was the topic of discussion?

Exploiting in general is a totally different story.

The kind of exploiting which is killing this game, the -"You don't think exploits are ruining the game?" kind of exploits are in a totally different park in terms of how serious they are.

Macros for lomming are not ruining this game.

Jodo
21-05-06, 14:15
Its still an exploit and KK will still have to waste time dealing with it. No matter how small you consider the exploit or cheat to be they will have to sort it out. This means they have less time to devleop the game and deal with the real communities wishes and needs. When this doesn't happen, 1 million and 1 threads are started with people bitching about it and some leave. All exploits/cheats are illegal and kill the game in one way or another and they all piss me off.

Nidhogg
21-05-06, 14:18
Not one more word about exploits, please.

N

unreal
21-05-06, 14:19
Its still an exploit and KK will still have to waste time dealing with it.The time wasn't put in to think of ways people could exploit the system (which doesn't take long, since anyone with common sense can think of more ways than one, and therefore lots of people do), and this obvious fact is all too familiar, which is why Neocron has so many issues in that field, so to be fair, they would only be putting in the time they should have done to begin with.

Jodo
21-05-06, 14:33
Bollocks to that! Just because some people are gobshites means its ok for them to "do things" and KK's job to clean it up?
There are always loopholes in anything and lines of code are in no way an exception. The problem with patches in any game, is that they interfere with the game itself. That’s the point of them after all. Unfortunately, this can, and from time to time, will cause problems. A complete replacement constructed from start to finish is always more stable than something that has been "patched up". It’s just not an option with this.

kane
04-10-06, 17:22
Not one more word about exploits, please.

N
I want to exploit you :P

Torg
04-10-06, 17:36
lomming must not be fun. but a pain. thats the way its meant to be.

Pantho
04-10-06, 18:19
As mentionen by Asurmen, LOMing is easy to macro, and pretty much everyone I know does it. Someone I know recently switched from rifles to pistols while being asleep. He just started his macro, then came back the next day to find he has zillions of points to spend on Pistol Combat. So what you just pointed out is invalid. Unless Reakktor add some sort of fix for that (like randomly moving the F2 window AND mouse cursor around after eating a single LOM pill), nothing will change.

Making it a bit more fair for people who don't want to be naughty would be preferred. My idea is only a proposal for LOMing out a vast amount of skill, ie, something like 110 or 120 base skill. Therefore, you could only really use it once on a major subskill like pistol combat when you're wanting to go from one profession to another. The rest would be done with the currently immense SI per pill, making it take quite a while to get everything LOM'd out.

It's not like this will get a second thought by Reakktor anyway, so meh.

that wouldnt fix it either -

you could just Assign a Image to a macro, and tell the program to click that image. *_* -

PS - Im not discussing a exploit, im discusing the operational use of macro programs (In windows and err, .... WoW)

-edit

I wanna lom my Xbow spy to Rifle, but he only has 36m overap left after lomming from Drones -

pffft.... 1m a lom, thats 56 loms i need, so with the lvl diff id probly be 98/99 Dex, maybe 97 - SUCKEH ! But im gonna do it :D

Scanner Darkly
04-10-06, 23:44
I like this idea too Nepcock.

Alternatively why not have super LOM pills that can only be bought in dangerous locations (bottom of Gaia mine, etc) and cost a lot more than normal LOMs but are much (3-4x) faster?

ROZZER187
05-10-06, 00:04
I dont mind the exp loss from lomming its just the SI thats a pain in the arse,

I know what it used to be like, you could be apu and lomm to ppu in 2mins then back again :lol:

I miss the old lomm pills :( But it was a good enough reason to change them to how they are now.If the SI was removed and the exp loss stayed lomming wouldn't be such a pain, I dont see why KK wont/cant make it happen.

Fero
05-10-06, 05:14
Would be great to see int/psi/dex/str loms with no si and only con with it.
People cannot lom out to their con quick.... problem solved. Since most people need to tweak their con once ... all of us would be quite happy.
Changing setups, from pistol to rifle for example, should not be a waste of time. We here to play the game, so lets US play it.

::bleh:: typos

Doc Holliday
05-10-06, 07:21
what roz said. Even increase the loss of xp but remove the si. it would mean more chance to lose levels but such is life.

Kierz
05-10-06, 09:15
add a new load of loms that take take away 100 base points (100 base is also a requirement), give 100% si and take away 5 loms worth of xp.. then throw them in hoverbombers :p

wts *insertcoolword* psi resist lom =[

SizZLeR
05-10-06, 20:20
I too believe that LOMing is supposed to be boring in order to encourage teamwork, however i got the feeling that a lot of ppl are lvling their runners by whatever skill may be said to be the best for that particular class, and then lom into something else, like taking a spy, make him a droner and when int is capped, lom him into cst, res, brt or whatever..

Ofcourse its the quickest way to get an über of the mentioned, but it kinda makes it so commercialized (can one say that?) like everything is about getting capped as fast as possible regardless of how it may affect the gameplay.

I fully understand ppl wanna get to the top fastest possible, but there shd be something in the game to encourage uncapped chr activity, like there shd be a reason to skill brt or whatever without capping int first.. :(

If there were to be "Super" lom pills, why not make'em rare item? uncloneable and not a thing u can buy anywhere, u simply get them from high lvl mobs drops of rare parts.

Then those pills would be traded at high prices and we wouldnt be running around lomming back and forth between skills several times a day. ;)

Jodo
05-10-06, 21:20
If there were to be "Super" lom pills, why not make'em rare item? uncloneable and not a thing u can buy anywhere, u simply get them from high lvl mobs drops of rare parts.

I like that idea, that should work well enough.

SizZLeR
05-10-06, 21:41
Its still an exploit and KK will still have to waste time dealing with it. No matter how small you consider the exploit or cheat to be they will have to sort it out. This means they have less time to devleop the game and deal with the real communities wishes and needs. When this doesn't happen, 1 million and 1 threads are started with people bitching about it and some leave. All exploits/cheats are illegal and kill the game in one way or another and they all piss me off.
Agree to that 110%, there aint such thing as "a little/acceptable illegal" either its legal or its not, simple as that. :)

If we start to "bend" the rules a bit whenever needed, more ppl will do it and eventually, itll be occuring so often it startes to be considered legal and then the next step will be bending it even more and so on and so on... :(

So in this Judge Dredd inspired world, let Dredd be the judge, as i remember, he didnt care for any excuses, if one does something illegal, he gets punished, no matter why he did it or what kinda choice he had. Hehe

FeeNiX
08-10-06, 04:56
I just rent a pile of DVDs from netflix and sit around with a timer that beeps every 4:45 seconds....a lot of changes happened in lomming, be glad they arent loss of level anymore