PDA

View Full Version : [ot] anyone played fable ?

NAPPER
18-05-06, 15:16
is it any good ive just bought it but cant play it till tonight after work at 12 lol
so if you have played it and got any hints for me please tell me

solling
18-05-06, 19:34
ubar game look forward to that one

rob444
18-05-06, 20:08
Yeah played it for PC. Great game, nice story and great player experience. Camera sucks a bit sometimes though but you'll live with it. Completed it as good. Always wanted to complete the game as evil (I want to break into houses etc. hrr hrr hrr). I never slept with anyone btw, I didn't know how to do it lol.

I was called Chickenchaser as well :/. "Chicken chaser I believe?" "Oh look, it's the chicken chaser!" etc. grr @ ppl.

solling
19-05-06, 01:17
hehe u can buy the ranks ;) and in order to sleep with people i think u need to be married etc can be married to one in every village :P

great story as well

Cronite
19-05-06, 08:31
Very nice game, I've completed 1 1/2 times ^^

The character growth is well solved. You gain exp but not to level up automatically. Collect exp as long as you want und trade them for strength-, dexterity- and magic points. In each case there are more skills. With dexterity you can improve your trick (for trading with NPC's), your speed or shooting with a bow or crossbow.

Improve any skill with dexterity your char will be taller, increase strength your char will be broader like a realy tough guy. With magic you can learn different spells. I advise you to buy the magic shield (don't know the name in english).
You can activate it and if you were hit you'll lost mana not health and you fight-multiplicator keeps on top so you gain much more exp.

I've realy enjoyed that game. Played a bit like Zelda with more RPG-elements :)

ps: please ignore possible language mistakes ^^

solling
19-05-06, 08:55
get the slow time spell best ever ;) also only thing i ont like in this game is that u get old waaaaaaaaay to fast :(

Cronite
19-05-06, 09:01
get the slow time spell best ever ;) also only thing i ont like in this game is that u get old waaaaaaaaay to fast :(

You can get young ;)

Spend Skorm (is this the name in english, too?) some victims or spend a lot of money in the "good" church. It's possible to get 10 years younger. With a maximum age of 65 - 10 ..hm after all 55 years old :D

solid-rock
19-05-06, 09:11
I didnt really think the story whas anything special but the games system whas interesting. Specially how you could kill someone and then go buy theyr house. Played it on xbox.

rob444
19-05-06, 18:46
Yeah I knew I could buy ranks but I saw that as a bad thing, since I don't want to "Undo" things I've done to my character, done's done.. And I didn't get the marriage part. I gave her the ring and all that but no wedding occured :P.

BTW, anyone tried leaving the book that's about how to hit on women in the school? I found that part hilarious.

Hell-demon
19-05-06, 19:15
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is the best RPG ever in my opinion.

My ventrue could pwn all of joo :rolleyes:

Odin
19-05-06, 19:25
I played it on the xbox. It was solid but to short in it's original incarnation. It ended pretty much when you were just really getting into it.

Cronite
20-05-06, 10:09
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is the best RPG ever in my opinion.

My ventrue could pwn all of joo :rolleyes:

Really cool game, too. I played it first with a Brujah. Totaly awesome. You don't need any weapon. Skill strength-discipline and unarmed-fight and resistance additional and you give a lot of damage.

My second char was a Gangrel. If you change your shape with the discipline (don't know the english name for this discipline) you give as much as the Brujah. Don't need to spend money for any armor.

And for a few weeks I played with a Malkavian. They're a psychopaths. Begins with the dialogs, personal talk from the news reporter to you and dialogs with traffic signs.
One dialog: "Why do you need TNT?" "For a gold mine - and my ex-girlfriend" ..hehe

Many people complains about many bugs. But If you play with the new inofficial patch (2.2) you get many bugs away.

btw what was the name of the clan who are mages? They can make his victims to die by an accrual. Or get the victims up in the air and let them explode.
Was this the Tremere?

rob444
20-05-06, 10:25
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is cool, but it's one hell of a buggy game and the performance is utterly crap. Not even the in-game intro works as it should for me.

Hell-demon
20-05-06, 12:21
Tremere were the blood boiling bastards :)

Characters and voice acting were best I've ever seen and heard. And it had a wikid sense of dark humour.

Malkavians HAVE to be played. Making a woman think your here long lost pet turtle ,Shelly, using dementation was great. If you patch the game it's really playable, no probs.

Never played a nosferatu, well I did but when I went into a night club to seduce someone...they screamed. So, that put me off. :p

Napalm82
20-05-06, 15:28
"My mind leaves, my body follows"

Malkavians are without a doubt the funniest clan to play, the dialogues are just...genious.

- Nap

Hell-demon
20-05-06, 15:53
The arguement with a stop sign was great...

"No you stop!"

"You win this one..."

Lacroix treats you like a special person but the lines are great...

"Do you know the punishment for violateing our laws?"

"You get to sit in the comfy chair?"

Most people think you speak funny coz you're stoned :p