PDA

View Full Version : NC1 tsunami epic reward from VENUS

Bugs Gunny
18-05-06, 15:09
I'm sure some of you have seen this french runner who wears this pa and then looks like a nice hot redheaded stripper.

When i was shown the item in trade i remembered how good alchemic dream ran their server. They may not have been the most hardcore at pvping but the french definitely had the best server, most roleplay, most to do. Hell, they even had a working player run anarchy breed faction.

Maybe KK should look at how that server was run, it definitely had more content and depth.

Tratos
18-05-06, 15:54
Would be nice to see the atmosphere of the AD server again, i thought the NC1 faction reward is what the epic item is now? (or a version of it)

unreal
18-05-06, 16:26
Couldn't have been Evv, one of the endless amounts of people who run around levelling or gathering items rather than PvPing, she's french though. There's at least 2 or 3 people that transferred over with a Babesuit that I've seen so far, can't remember their names though, apart from Evv. If only Terra wasn't dead, and actually got some attention regarding Faction Rewards/Events, not to mention storyline and content.

Everyone I know rarely plays Neocron anymore, Reakktor should get their finger out and stop being stuck up. Why not ask the community for help? It's clear you need it. It's not too good sticking with the Engrish Event GM's that rarely do anything either. I want to hunt down Ironhead again damnit.

aKe`cj
18-05-06, 18:30
Everyone I know rarely plays Neocron anymore, Reakktor should get their finger out and stop being stuck up. Why not ask the community for help? It's clear you need it. It's not too good sticking with the Engrish Event GM's that rarely do anything either. I want to hunt down Ironhead again damnit.

Guess what ... the Engrish Event GM's are community volunteers - I agree that there is a lack of UK/US based Event GM's - but I doubt a rant on the forums will change this situation. Imo we should be thankful for them at least trying to pull off events in English (ever thought of the possibility that this is probably neither easy nor a comfy task for them?). I guess understanding the engrish is a lot easier than producing it, when English isn't your mother-tongue. So please stop to pick on them for their imperfect english-skills, I dont feel they deserve to be treated that way.

The issue, however, remains. How about you apply for an EGM position then? No applicants = no Gamemasters... or do you really think KK is gonna start to acctually hire UK/US based GMs now? :p

oh... before I forget the initial topic of this thread:
Those "babesuits" were venus only and not an epic reward. the nc1 epic reward was not the one it is currently either .. if you recall, back in NC1 there were no anti-city epics (except for the replacement epic).
Afaik, the item was only handed out by AD staff for RP purposes / as a special reward and was in no way implemented as a quest reward or shop-listed item.

CMaster
18-05-06, 18:37
The issue, however, remains. How about you apply for an EGM position then? No applicants = no Gamemasters... or do you really think KK is gonna start to acctually hire UK/US based GMs now? :p

As far as I am aware there is no means to apply for a GM position, except when KK open up their recruiting for applicants. Despite the fact that there is (to my knowledge) only one US/UK EGM at the moment, there hasn't been any openings for applications.

aKe`cj
18-05-06, 18:42
As far as I am aware there is no means to apply for a GM position, except when KK open up their recruiting for applicants. Despite the fact that there is (to my knowledge) only one US/UK EGM at the moment, there hasn't been any openings for applications.

Now... thats a valid point. Maybe Nid could poke the right person at KK concerning this, chances are high he's read all of this ;)

Tratos
18-05-06, 18:52
Just because they dont ask doesnt mean the route to applying doesnt exist.

Something copied from the last SGM application thread, i imagine if you pop an e-mail off to it it would still work.

To qualify, you must:

*Be at least 21 years of age.
*Have at least 6 months experience playing NC2.
*Have an active NC2 account.
*Never have been banned.
*Have sufficient spare time to dedicate to volunteering.
*Be fluent in English.
*Have good user-end knowledge of game mechanics and missions.
*Have good communication skills and people skills.

If you feel you qualify, please email gmjobs@neocron.com and include:

*A brief introduction of yourself.
*Your reasons for wanting to apply.
*Your country of residence (for proper sorting).
*Your game and forum account names.
*Your main server(s) and character(s).
Ofcourse if im wrong and KK need to open up a period of applications then its about time they did for the english EGM team.

unreal
18-05-06, 19:30
Just because they dont ask doesnt mean the route to applying doesnt exist.Perhaps they should mention that applications are reviewed in an ongoing process, rather than making it appear like they're not accepting anything until they say so.

One of the requirements that must be met is rather on the stupid side too, generally speaking, the one that requires you to be 21 or above. I can't see any real difference between someone that's 19 (like myself) or someone that's 21. Someone who would easily fit the role could have been banned for some small offense, therefore rejecting the FREE community effort someone is offering. I would no doubt be declined, not only because of the age requirement, but because of two miniscule bans (one in-game and one on the forum) that were placed on me quite some time ago. The joy of being banned in-game for 3days for calling Lupus an "idiot" at the end of a help ticket.
Guess what ... the Engrish Event GM's are community volunteers - I agree that there is a lack of UK/US based Event GM's - but I doubt a rant on the forums will change this situation. Imo we should be thankful for them at least trying to pull off events in English (ever thought of the possibility that this is probably neither easy nor a comfy task for them?). I guess understanding the engrish is a lot easier than producing it, when English isn't your mother-tongue. So please stop to pick on them for their imperfect english-skills, I dont feel they deserve to be treated that way.
By no means am I "picking on" any of the Event GM's, or treating them in whatever way you're thinking of by saying "that". I'm simply saying they're generally inexperienced, and speak bad Engrish, and the requirements mentioned above doesn't help matters. As I said before in other posts, some of them constantly get lost/go the wrong way, which means they aren't too knowledgable about those areas in the first place. Surely if they're going to host or take part in running an event, they would do a practice run, so it can be done quickly and efficiently, without mistakes?

This sort of thing shouldn't be happening on the mostly English speaking international server, and sure, they're volunteers, this doesn't mean endless excuses can be made. They applied for a role that someone else could do better, but because noone else can be accepted, this hinders things. Secondly, what are these so called Events? There's been a few official events this year, mostly regarding the storyline, and they were all terrible.
Neocron Food Supply Contaminated. I had to tell the Event GM how to get to the Industrial GR, because they were going the wrong way. All that happened was a sector entrance leading to an underground factory was spawned at Industrial. Inside were a load of Regants Legacy mobs that needed to be killed, and John Redcloud or whoevevr it was had to be kept alive. Mobs killed, John Redcloud alive, led him to the GR, Event over. "Bye". No prizes, not much fun, boring. It was also hardly advertised, therefore most of the people missed it, and was like "errr what?" when they heard about it.
Spot H.I.O.B in Hacknet (I think)... the server was flooded with random rubbish, unless you read the Neocronicle you wouldn't have known about what was going on. Boring.
Find out which faction/person is helping H.I.O.B. You started off at Plaza 3 in front of the DRE HQ, stood there for about 35-45minutes doing absolutely nothing, the Event GM's were Engrish. We were just told to go inside a few faction HQ's, loot some boxes, which containted security files with different levels, and hand them over to the Event GM's for a "generous prize". You ran around to a couple of faction HQ's and repeated the process, and half of us were left in the PP HQ while everyone else had ran to the CA HQ. Communication was poor. We all stand around at the CA HQ, and we see the person doing the evil deeds sat on a chair in the CA HQ, I think he was told he would be punished, the event GM's disappeared. They didn't say the event was over, or anything to that effect, everyone stood around at the bottom of the CA HQ and was saying "is that it? did he log off?". Boring, not much fun, waste of time.
Running round doing bugger all for hours isn't what makes a fun event, the added penalties of Event GM's not knowing their way round, taking a long time, and not speaking good English when almost everyone else does obviously doesn't help matters.

I think everyone would be happier if GM roleplay characters were seen more often. Killing Ironhead after he's spawned a whole bunch of Anarchy Breed is good fun. Create some more unique roleplay characters. Ones that use uber versions of the rare weapons, it would make things more interesting, and make them be feared. Absolutely crap events as listed above don't keep things interesting, especially when they aren't advertised enough for lots of people to actually know about.

Edit: Apologies for making a true observation.

Tratos
18-05-06, 19:51
Up untill NC2 the age requirement was 18 however it would seem a small minority spoiled it for the larger majority with a large portion of the -at the time - , 'corrupt', 'dodgey' or more immature, GMs/FCs being the younger members of the team.

To try and resolve the situation the age limit was taken up, moderators iirc are still at the 18 year old limit.

Nidhogg
18-05-06, 20:37
Do you have to put this in every single post? :rolleyes:

FYI, the GMs are community members.

N

unreal
18-05-06, 20:44
Surely that's not to do with age in this case and more to do with those specific people. [ edited ]

eprodigy
19-05-06, 01:25
i think without modifiying the game at all, it could be made immeasurably better if they'd just utilize what is already here. starting with following the example of AD the way they ran their server..

unreal
19-05-06, 02:29
Do you have to put this in every single post? :rolleyes:
FYI, the GMs are community members.Yup, and yeah, I know. The point was to ask the community for help to actually get events going regularly on Terra, just not the nasty ones we've seen recently. Events should take place more than once every couple of months to keep the interest going, rather than having awfully lame and small events, as mentioned, every couple of months. I do know they're volunteers, but judging by the lack of effort being put in regarding Events, perhaps it's time to hire new or extra people for that purpose? Preferably ones that speak English well, and have extensive knowledge about Neocron, and therefore won't get lost when trying to run the event.

I should probably put a sock in it there, since you know what. :)

solid-rock
19-05-06, 10:13
Hmm well finding germans who speak fluent english seem to be somewhat of a chore. Every single movie, tv series or game they get has gotten a german dub so many germans dont seem to bother learning proper english. Witch is why weve gotta find some people on terra and push em into volounteering for EGM positions :P. Ill start harasing the senior sxr members about it asap since im not old eanough.

aKe`cj
19-05-06, 11:12
Hmm well finding germans who speak fluent english seem to be somewhat of a chore. Every single movie, tv series or game they get has gotten a german dub so many germans dont seem to bother learning proper english. Witch is why weve gotta find some people on terra and push em into volounteering for EGM positions :P. Ill start harasing the senior sxr members about it asap since im not old eanough.

Did you bother learning proper German? That would be a solution to the language barrier as well, no? ;)
Apart from that I can assure you that all German products you get, have an English dub as well - for example ... let me think, ah yes, neocron!

Anyway - more EGM's are certainly good to have and seeing the lack of UK/US based members in this area, I highly appreciate your approach to torture your fellow clanmembers :p

/edit: doh - should've paid attention to your profile/location before writing this - sorry :angel:

solid-rock
19-05-06, 11:18
That is beacouse anything sold internationally get english dubs. Its an international language german is not. Here in denmark we dont have the luxury of having every english or american products dubed or translated. And beacouse of that youll find far more danes who speak perfect english than youll find germans (statisticly ofcourse seing germany has 10 times higher population).

And no i didnt bother learning proper german (i speak errr Germgrish? Germash?). Shouldnt have to to follow events on the english server either. And when i go to germany ive discovered i only need to be able to say "Zwei heinekin bitte". But thats a difrent story.

nobby
19-05-06, 14:01
can someone post a SS of this please :p hehe

Hell-demon
19-05-06, 15:03
agreed