PDA

View Full Version : How to pay for neocron using a HSBC Debit card

spikeownzu
18-05-06, 11:52
Ok, so after exchanging about 6 e-mails with click2gay, they tell me all me a story of bullshit, here it is

" Thank you for contacting the CLICK2PAY Service Team.

During the signup process an automatic authorization request is sent to the financial institution that issues the payment method that you have attempted to register.

Due to the risk tolerance policies of these financial institutions the scenario can exist that the automatic authorization request is rejected due to the nature of the service it is intended for.

This occurrence will be reported simply as an invalid card number.

Therefore, we kindly request that you attempt to register a different credit card or contact the financial institution that issues your payment method and inquire as to their policies regarding facilitation of online payments. Should none of these options be of any assistance, then unfortunately we can not help you further with your payment method. "

Ok, and the card we're talking about is a HSBC debit card, with about £1600 in it, i'v used to for about 2 years, its been accepted to pay subscriptions for such games as world of warcraft, face of mankind, planetside, ragnarok online, shadowbane and even neocron in the past

to make payments via paypal, to rent a dedicated server, to buy things from stores such as tesco's, play.com , gameplay.com , i use it in every shop in town in england

oh and wait, HSBC is the third biggest bank in the WORLD.

but click2gay does't accept it? what.........the.............fuck.

- so how else can i pay for neocron using a hsbc debit card?

RogerRamjet
18-05-06, 13:31
Theres PBC an splash plastic or whatever it is.

Other than that, i dunno, magic?

spikeownzu
18-05-06, 13:32
i gotta orda that shit through mail or something i think......

blackpheonix
18-05-06, 18:41
i gotta orda that shit through mail or something i think......

yeah takes about a week u apply online then they send u a top up card

Mr Kot
18-05-06, 20:27
Ok, and the card we're talking about is a HSBC debit card, with about £1600 in it, i'v used to for about 2 years.Irrelevant.

its been accepted to pay subscriptions for such games as world of warcraft, face of mankind, planetside, ragnarok online, shadowbane and even neocron in the past.Irrelevant.

to make payments via paypal, to rent a dedicated server, to buy things from stores such as tesco's, play.com , gameplay.com , i use it in every shop in town in england.Irrelevant.

oh and wait, HSBC is the third biggest bank in the WORLD.Irrelevant.

the automatic authorization request is rejected due to the nature of the service it is intended for..THIS is the point. The 'nature of the service' is not "online game" as you assume, it is known within banking circles as a "gambling transaction" which is why it is being rejected. As their earlier quote said, the only way around this if you want to continue using your HSBC card is to approach your bank and enquire whether they will 'release' your card to allow such transactions with your consent.

I know that NatWest don't have this problem with their cards, but they do recognise "gambling transactions" and will offer different terms for these. In fact, NatWest have recently amended their terms and conditions to reflect this, and NatWest cardholders paying for NC may well be affected, so i will post a separate thread about this shortly to explain.

_Terminal{Boz}
18-05-06, 21:06
I've had similiar hassles with my Mastercard, after 24 hours of headaches I just gave my friend the cash, and had him register an account for me. I also tested the Neocron pay system with a couple prepaid Mastercards and Visa's, needless to say they didn't work either. I'm not e-commerce illiterate to say the least, Reakktor just has a funky pay system. The cards worked in other games, and on ebay.

Sick
19-05-06, 04:38
yeh wouldnt let me use my HSBC debit card

so i used my HSBC Credit Card instead

spikeownzu
19-05-06, 09:41
i guess i got to order splash plastic to try NC out again..

but the point of this, is that a normal mmorpg gamer, who wants to try NC, if he comes across this hes not going to think twice about looking into the situation, hes just going to go elsewhere..

the amount of people who have admitted to having problems with click2gay proves that this is a serious problem that needs to be seen to.

im not a patient person, but i played neocron for 3 years, if i had been given this error for my card 3 years ago when i first signed up, i would not of bothered, and neocron would of lost a player who paid for this game for 3 years, and basically advertised and bought more players to it, as well as kept some players from quitting.

and i have a "group" of people that i usally go to mmorpgs with, i never go alone, and i know these guys well, and i can almost gurantee that if they was in this situation with the payment for a mmorpg they wanted to try they would't bother to find different ways of payment either.. they'd just go back to mmorpg.com and find another

and not only new gamers, but returning players, they are going to see if neocron has changed, and is less tedious or annoying and straight away before they even log in, they run into this? thats not good.

think of how many people like me it could be turning away, its absurd

and i'v told my friends about this and they all agree with the stupid click2gay and the ways to pay for neocron.. its not just better advertising we need, its a working fucking payment system. In the past i'v used 3 different cards with click2gay and i'v had about 4 problems since we'v had them, and 2 of these problems made me leave the game for a long period of time.

and kot, yes the excuse about gambling, i think you mean money laundering? well how come im able to pay for all other mmorpgs? and they are not worried that im money laundering or whatever your theory was Kot, the point is KK has to choose a better company for their payment transactions, so that less people have problems with payment, and therefore neocron has more players, it would't be so bad, if i was 1 in a hundred, but different problems occur with click2pay with a lot of people

Spermy
19-05-06, 11:13
i guess i got to order splash plastic to try NC out again..

but the point of this, is that a normal mmorpg gamer, who wants to try NC, if he comes across this hes not going to think twice about looking into the situation, hes just going to go elsewhere..

the amount of people who have admitted to having problems with click2gay proves that this is a serious problem that needs to be seen to.

It's not a problem with C2P it just happens to be an issue with your bank and numerous other Gambling payment affiliates. A quick talk to someone at the branch will enable C2P to debit. Fact.

im not a patient person, but i played neocron for 3 years,

O_o

if i had been given this error for my card 3 years ago when i first signed up, i would not of bothered, and neocron would of lost a player who paid for this game for 3 years, and basically advertised and bought more players to it, as well as kept some players from quitting.

Business my friend. They don't care HOW long you've been a customer, just that you pay. The only time you're ever valued is if you pay over the odds, or own an enormous wodge of accounts.

and i have a "group" of people that i usally go to mmorpgs with, i never go alone, and i know these guys well, and i can almost gurantee that if they was in this situation with the payment for a mmorpg they wanted to try they would't bother to find different ways of payment either.. they'd just go back to mmorpg.com and find another

and not only new gamers, but returning players, they are going to see if neocron has changed, and is less tedious or annoying and straight away before they even log in, they run into this? thats not good.

No. You ran into it. You are not everyone. And IIRC HSBC is one of the only banks to refuse access. ( Actually sorting out competent debitting is another story for another day.

think of how many people like me it could be turning away, its absurd

and i'v told my friends about this and they all agree with the stupid click2gay and the ways to pay for neocron.. its not just better advertising we need, its a working fucking payment system. In the past i'v used 3 different cards with click2gay and i'v had about 4 problems since we'v had them, and 2 of these problems made me leave the game for a long period of time.

Pay by cash offers some decent alternatives by the way. Try them.

and kot, yes the excuse about gambling, i think you mean money laundering?

No. Gambling. Because the money is right there in your account, a vast majority of service users have found themselves dipping in. And dipping in. And dipping in, ad infinutm. Online gambling is high up on the list for financial downfall.

well how come im able to pay for all other mmorpgs?

Because a lot of the time payment goes directly to the company, not through an affiliate, that is associated with online gambling.

and they are not worried that im money laundering or whatever your theory was Kot the point is KK has to choose a better company for their payment transactions, so that less people have problems with payment, and therefore neocron has more players, it would't be so bad, if i was 1 in a hundred, but different problems occur with click2pay with a lot of people

Yes click to pay sucks. Your problem however can be fixed so easily it's untrue. Talk to the bank. As for KK dropping C2P. No.

If they drop c2p, they drop 10tacel. They can't afford to lose that kind of support. I suggest you listen to what people are telling you.

Er, by the way, debit card doesn't help. Solo? Switch? Cirrus/Maestro?

spikeownzu
19-05-06, 11:54
but its not just me who run's in to it

this happens to a lot of people and it only happens with NC and click2pay

simplicity is the key factor to getting people to sign up for whatever your trying to sell

and in this case its neocron, and its not simple because of this shit

and i know it does't matter how long i'v played or how much i'v paid, its just the fact that it is potentially turning away good customers like it would of turned away me if i had of ran into this problem when i first signed up for NC. And NC need to do everything it can to raise playerbase... but if it really does mean that dropping click2pay is dropping 10tacel.. then i guess its impossible, i have't read anything about that

and btw the card is a maestro, and i'll phone them today, and see if they'll do anything..

spikeownzu
19-05-06, 12:55
well i called them, and they said they have not heard of this before, maybe the person on the fone was just bein lazy, either way i can't be bothered anymore lol, i'll try again one day maybe ;)

blackpheonix
19-05-06, 13:25
there are so many threads now about click to pay yes it sux and i had to use splash plastic BUT they are now in talks with another rep how ever long this takes is down to both parties (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1977527&postcount=22).

Thread Closed lol fort i was niddy for a minute :P

Spermy
19-05-06, 15:04
there are so many threads now about click to pay yes it sux and i had to use splash plastic BUT they are now in talks with another rep how ever long this takes is down to both parties (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1977527&postcount=22).

Thread Closed lol fort i was niddy for a minute :P

I can't envision any progress being made anytime soon. C2P I can imagine will be kicking thier heels, and 10T the same. Those papers have been on the table some months now without an update.

There, it's a discussion. Thread open.

Oh my god, a nid epidemic =/

athon
22-05-06, 20:38
See http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1987186&postcount=9 for notes about Splash Plastic. Basically it won't work with the new cards.

Rachius
26-05-06, 23:30
No problem here with debit card, tyvm. Think it was an Abbey card.

If you really want to play NC, ring your bank and get it sorted. Otherwise, sod off and stop bothering us :p

amogo
29-05-06, 15:30
i have the same card type spike, and i set it credit card and it worked ok. also, try using click2gay from another computer, i know it sounds stupid but it sometimes it helps