PDA

View Full Version : [CbT]RPOS hum

unreal
18-05-06, 00:08
I was just wondering, regarding this 2year+ old thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=71906&page=1&pp=15), is it still valid/allowed? My guess is it's not, as it would obviously come under "modifications" and such, albeit a fairly harmless one. I find the RPOS hum to be pretty damn annoying myself, so I'm curious.

Tratos
18-05-06, 00:27
The RPOS hum owns, its nice to hear it after a long while playing another game :p

Apocalypsox
18-05-06, 05:25
agreed, its like that damned humming in your ears you hear every once in a while, and thus should be, i mean the RPOS IS an implant in your head. (i think)

unreal
18-05-06, 12:45
Surely in such a "high tech" world the RPOS would have been made to run silent? Listening to a large humming sound during combat situations when you NEED to listen and see every minute sound and detail around you. You don't hear your foot or leg enforcement squeaking as you run do you?

Jodo
18-05-06, 13:13
Surely in such a real life hitech world we could get the trains to run on time?
Shit happens.
Its a detail of the game, like trees and sky and and a hundred other things that are fine for some runners but not for others.

unreal
18-05-06, 13:22
It's a detail of the game which was allowed to be changed years ago, I'm simply asking if it is still allowed to be removed (and like I said, I doubt it, hence why I'm asking). Simply because you don't care about it, doesn't mean other people don't.

PS. I reckon there's a secret message hidden in the Neocron audio files, telling us to resubscribe.

Jodo
18-05-06, 13:30
I wasn't saying you shouldn't be able to change it, but your "high tech" reason was a poor one that was all. I'm sure Niddy is scouring every post as usual, so I ask him, What is KK's stand on this? Are we allowed to change it, if not, could you at least give us a KK approved file to replace it with?

RogerRamjet
18-05-06, 13:32
I'm certain sound files are allowed to be changed, i'm sure you're allowed to change the ambient music to your own.

Lodar
18-05-06, 13:50
I'm certain sound files are allowed to be changed, i'm sure you're allowed to change the ambient music to your own.

If you want to change the ambient music to your own, that can be done through one of the ini files (I forget which one). I don't think any modification outside of ini files is legal. Of course there are people more in the know than myself, but as I understand it, modifying anything other than the ini files could cause the server to detect a change and flag the account as a cheat.

unreal
18-05-06, 15:50
Thought so, this can be closed now I guess.

Lodar
18-05-06, 17:32
Thought so, this can be closed now I guess.

It will be done.