PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to info server freeze..

PotoMigato
17-05-06, 18:50
Hi, I used to play Neocron like 3 and half years ago and I had a starters guide that walked me through the proccess of getting the game to work. I started a new account today and with the launcher I downloaded the patches. Now when I enter my user name and password it says something like connecting to info server and it freezes there. I tried to close it with Control Alt Delete but that did work either. Is there something Im doing wrong? Are there any guides? I looked around but I dont really know what to look for. Please help.

Nidhogg
17-05-06, 19:04
This sounds very much like a firewall issue. You need to allow the Neocron client "client.exe" access to the internet. Note that just shutting your firewall down doesn't necessarily fix the problem...

N

Spermy
17-05-06, 20:07
A lot of the time it'll wait till yer at the login before your firewall asks permission. Hop out with an alt-tab, and check it out. Sometimes tabbing back in produces a black screen, so you might have to restart the launcher afterward.

PotoMigato
17-05-06, 20:16
I changed my firewalls exceptance of the client file and now it works. Thanks!

I'm playing the game now and its damn buggy.

yavimaya
18-05-06, 07:12
Ya, for anyone else who may have trouble, dont forget that the launcher and client are different executables, they both need to be allowed.
And the bugs are a feature of the game, kind of try to ignore them. :P

Scanner Darkly
18-05-06, 09:14
I changed my firewalls exceptance of the client file and now it works. Thanks!

I'm playing the game now and its damn buggy.

If NC was any more perfect, you'd never be able to tear yourself away from your computer. They are built-in safety features. ;)