PDA

View Full Version : Evil Turret idea

Pantho
17-05-06, 09:37
MK4 Gatling turret,

Shoots Poisen modded Nails (I suggest the exact same dmg as a capepd TL31 Legacy Nailgun "EVIL"

Shoots the exact same speed as a MK2 and would do a poisen stack for each Nail that hit you......

Would make things a little for intresting :D

Brammers
17-05-06, 10:38
You have any idea how fast a Gat MkII fires compared to a TL31 Nailgun? It's a lot faster I can tell you.

Combine that with the big knockback effect the nailgun does, and with a few of those in an op, no-one would get in the op - they would all be knocked back outside.

Then there would be a nice green haze from the attacking force, before they all fell over dead from the poison stacks.

unreal
17-05-06, 11:05
I think there should be more of a specific limit as to what and how many turrets you can have in an outpost. For example, if something as annoying as that was put in-game, make it be the equivalent of two or three turrets. Do this for every turret, depending on the amount of damage they would dish out to an unbuffed but capped character. This would stop you placing as many turrets inside the OP as you would if say, you wanted to place some newbie laser turret, which would be classed as a single turret instead of two or three. Therefore, this would let you place more of the less-damaging turrets, and less of the more-damaging turrets.

When turrets are finally allowed to be used, after being damagable again, all the large clans will simply return to their turret whore status, which will be awful, possibly more lame than Holy Para. There should be some sort of clan runner detection added, that detects how many clan members that own the OP are in the area, along with the enemy users as well. If the defending clan is outnumbered, the turrets would come into play, if not, they won't, but if the turrets get shot, they'll defend themselves. This would definitely make the fight a bit more fair, as the zerging clans won't get too much of a bonus during an evenly numbered fight from sticking a zillion turrets in their OP.

Pantho
17-05-06, 12:48
You have any idea how fast a Gat MkII fires compared to a TL31 Nailgun? It's a lot faster I can tell you.

Combine that with the big knockback effect the nailgun does, and with a few of those in an op, no-one would get in the op - they would all be knocked back outside.

Then there would be a nice green haze from the attacking force, before they all fell over dead from the poison stacks.

That was the idea, and i ment it should shoot as fast as a MK2, lol..... Would be a funny GM weapon, Beat little bastard anyday.

Spermy
17-05-06, 14:22
Field generators anyone? Shelter/deflector, low level heals? That gives smaller clans ( ones without monk support) a fighting chance, but not a hell of a lot as everyone else gets the benefits of being in a field too.

Other such generators include a para field ( OMG!) or a DB field.

Also Fields doing xray damage?

Dogface
17-05-06, 15:25
Just barrel the corner the entire OP-team has been knocked into :p

unreal
17-05-06, 15:33
Para field? Stun traps already exist... do you actually play Neocron Spermy? If you did, you wouldn't be suggesting "para field", the PPU's do enough of that gayness.

Spermy
17-05-06, 16:22
Para field? Stun traps already exist... do you actually play Neocron Spermy? If you did, you wouldn't be suggesting "para field", the PPU's do enough of that gayness.

O_o

I was wondering the same about you to be fair. I haven't been parad in months.

pabz
17-05-06, 17:11
O_o

I was wondering the same about you to be fair. I haven't been parad in months.
please dont make me resort to violence.

Apocalypsox
17-05-06, 17:32
Bram you should be for this idea, if they cant get into the op they would need vehicles to destroy the turrets pre-hacking.

Spermy
17-05-06, 18:18
please dont make me resort to violence.

*draws his duel glove*

*slap*

Huzzah!

Anyhow :S

It's a perspective, whether you agree or disagree, I haven't been parad since around september time. Like it or lump it. I'm not talking about para as in stun trap para, I'm talking about a wide field effect, as a compromise i'd say only very slight effects, and if possible affecting certain projectiles such as grenades and missiles.

In response to the violence, all I say is lookit yer custom title :p Owing to past history I'd love to slap a few of you lot around too :p

Anycomments on any of the other fields? Or is para just an easy excuse to grind some axes?

unreal
17-05-06, 18:30
Does your apartment not recognize your fingerprint, and not let you out? :)

CMaster
17-05-06, 18:35
It's a perspective, whether you agree or disagree, I haven't been parad since around september time. Like it or lump it

Very nice for you, but I was paraed more times than I can actually count yesterday.
Now the idea of some kind of support turret is far from the worst idea I've heard, but for the love of god don't encourage KK when it comes to para.

pabz
17-05-06, 18:41
We can live with para, but para turrets rofl

unreal
17-05-06, 18:50
To be honest, Para has killed this game enough as it is. If I see a PPU with a blue swirly (ie, Para), i'm just going to retreat until I find someone that isn't being buttplugged by a paraspamming PPU. This is pretty rare these days, as the only people you see left are the ones who think they're "uberl33t" because their PPU paraspams the shit out of everything.

You should be saying "we can live without it, full stop". Good fights and raids on cities are so rare thanks to Para glueing you to the spot, putting a halt to the rare amount of actual "PvP" there is left in the game. Even a Death Row PPU has named him or herself Paraglue.

Dogface
17-05-06, 20:14
Last time I got para from a PPU, I just pressed Esc.

Didn't come back for a few days.