PDA

View Full Version : Some Information?

Tratos
15-05-06, 19:31
Can we have some update of some kind to the two information streams we currently have from KK? Like the Q&A thread, a simple ETA or even "we are still gathering answers/people are busy" would be better than the silence we currently have. The last actual answers of use we got in the Q&A thread was 2 and a half weeks ago.

Also some sort of update on the balance systems we were supposed get on friday would be nice? O_o the fact we didnt even get something explaining the delay really, really dents the faith i
have left in Neocron's revival...

The content spoiler was nice, just it was no excuse to completly stop all other information sources, they were sparse enough as it is.

Not a flame, just the silence doesnt really fill me with hope O_o

ashley watts
15-05-06, 19:52
same here :/

unreal
15-05-06, 19:58
Have to agree there, as I'm sure everyone else does. ANY sort of response is better than nothing, even if it's what we're used to hearing. "We're still reviewing this", "We're still reviewing that", week after week. It would be nice if the programmers themselves would make some sort of physical contribution to the balancing forum too, instead of relaying somewhat spewed information through Dirus and others now and then.

PS. After answering Tratos' question, would you be able to ask: How is the whole payment method "review" coming along? Not long till month 6 and a half (ish) now since it first started, and still nothing.

pabz
15-05-06, 20:04
[ edited ]

EDIT: There is no concrete evidence to show that kk is working on this at all.

Nidhogg
15-05-06, 20:08
We stated from the start that there would be occasional updates "every couple of weeks or so" where information hasn't already been published elsewhere on the forum. I'll try and find out the status of a few things and post something about it tomorrow but it may be later on in the day. We've been here for years - you should have learned patience by now. ;)

N

Tratos
15-05-06, 20:16
We've been here for years - you should have learned patience by now. ;)

N
Would have thought KK would have learned to give more information to the community on a more regular basis too i guess you can say the system works both ways. ;)

I know the initiative was low key but some sort of movement on an official basis is all im personally after, such as "we plan to ask this group of questions for the next update", anything to keep some sort of pattern, structure and fluidity to the information flow.

Thanks for the small update, is there any chance you have any news on the balance stuff too?

Brammers
15-05-06, 21:13
We've been here for years - you should have learned patience by now. ;)

Yeap, we all know KK's response to questions and issues is unfortunatly 97% reactive and 3% proactive. I'm sure KK would say it's higher, and other people would say it's lower.

Even saying "The update about X will be a little later then originally announced" would go a long way to being more proactive, and improving customer service and care. Just take a look at this example (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133879) of how it shouldn't be done. ie - no update or news at all, it looks like KK have dropped off the planet.

But will KK ever listen to that simple tip?

Anyway, to keep things a little positive, thanks for the little update.

Bugs Gunny
16-05-06, 16:20
Yesn you've been here for years.
But can you say the same for all the players that started playing retail nc1?
How about even rotationplayers, i doubt you can deny the huge drop in populations since nc2.

Pantho
16-05-06, 16:23
I left, but then i returned. mi rly fucking fed up of NC atm.... dont even log in unless some1 on vent says "DoY in sector *" then i log in, gr drug, theve gone, w00t.

giga191
16-05-06, 16:59
I find it strange that people critisise them when you have said yourself that it would be pointless for them to do so. They don't have a huge amount of staff and I would rather they were working their asses off instead of wasting time reading the forum just to satisfy impatient people. The whole anti KK thing is getting old. If they fuck up this balancing thing then they will go bankrupt, they know it, and therefore the incentive is there (without the need of flaming from people) to not fuck it up. When they are ready for more community input, they will post and update after the current input has been processed

unreal
16-05-06, 17:01
Posting quick and small updates on the forum is too hard to ask?
Waiting on average 6months+ for a small amount of progress is impatient?

giga191
16-05-06, 17:04
Posting quick and small updates on the forum is too hard to ask?
Waiting on average 6months+ for a small amount of progress is impatient? But it's just completely useless for them to come post: "we are working". They would probably even get flamed for not having anything to show. As I've just said, if they rush this and then fuck it up, that's the end of NC for ever

unreal
16-05-06, 17:06
I'm sure they could be more specific than just "we're working", they could at least give the smallest amount of detail on what they're currently doing. It presently looks like they're spending work hours playing WoW, or whatever MMORPG it is that they usually play, it obviously isn't Neocron.

giga191
16-05-06, 17:57
I'm sure they could be more specific than just "we're working", they could at least give the smallest amount of detail on what they're currently doing. It presently looks like they're spending work hours playing WoW, or whatever MMORPG it is that they usually play, it obviously isn't Neocron. OK they're playing WoW, there's your update.

Bugs Gunny
16-05-06, 18:22
OK they're playing WoW, there's your update.
As crazy as that may sound, i actualy believe that :angel:

giga191
16-05-06, 18:24
KK's project management skills worry me

unreal
16-05-06, 18:26
As crazy as that may sound, i actualy believe that :angel:heh, Some of them have actually admitted to playing it more than Neocron. No surprise there then.

giga191
16-05-06, 18:27
if only they applied what they learnt to NC (quality wise)