PDA

View Full Version : chat room

NAPPER
14-05-06, 08:48
what if this website had a chat room for members
as well as the forum so we can all talk about the bugs or the game play or anything else you can think of

giga191
14-05-06, 09:31
That's what neocron is for :lol:

NAPPER
14-05-06, 10:11
but i cant play nc at work lol

nellus
14-05-06, 10:41
but i cant play nc at work lol

But you can stay in a chat room all day? :confused:

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Skusty
14-05-06, 10:47
Ye, like a IRC channel or?

I like this idéa. :D

Zheo
14-05-06, 10:57
An IRC channel would be great because, you could have a java client on the website and then people could use mirc and pirch etc. if they wanted to join it too, and some of the players who are chosen by KK could mod the room so it doesn't require their staff :) I like this idea alot, I use to go on IRC but it's hard finding somewhere to chat with a decent community.

unreal
14-05-06, 20:55
I'm surprised noone has yet mentioned the channel that might still exist on a totally awful network, that my brain won't even remember the name of, it's that terrible (mainly regarding services, and the types of channels and users on the network).

I permanently reside on the freenode (http://www.freenode.net/) network and help out in a couple of C channels quite regularly, and seeing this, I now made a new home for myself in #neocron (irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/neocron), all alone :(. The channel would most likely be regarded as "off topic" (according to the relatively new freenode channel guidelines) and not really be approved of in an official sense, but nonetheless, it's still allowed as an "unofficial" channel.

It's a network with a generally grown up attitude, a great home to open source communities/projects, and like all networks, has it's own vast array of support channels. Feel free to come along, but retard like behaviour will most likely result in a quick silence or removal from most channels you come across. You've been warned. ;)

cRazy-
14-05-06, 21:03
There is an IRC channel however its not used for Neocron talk anymore and if you do go onto the channel and mention anything about Neocron its likely that you will be flamed by numerous people.

Its been around since I think the beginning of NC1 retail.

Strife
14-05-06, 21:05
It's been around atleast since beta2

unreal
14-05-06, 21:20
Sounds about right, last time I joined the channel, apart from half of the users being constant idlers, the rest didn't actually play Neocron anymoreas I recall. The other channels on the network contained totally random content in foreign languages, full of kiddies from the looks of it colouring and "tags" they added. I would be getting DoS attack attempts from people actually on the server, they obviously thought they would gain something out of it, not to mention the endless message floods, that didn't affect me at all in a bad way, they were just annoying, since many proxies and nicknames were being used, it can be a tad tricky to filter.

rob444
16-05-06, 19:09
Nah they are pretty easy on the Neocron subject in #neocron @ etg now. Pay us a visit ;D

cRazy-
16-05-06, 19:17
Nah they are pretty easy on the Neocron subject in #neocron @ etg now. Pay us a visit ;D

It was only ever really Lee who attacked people for talking about Neocron.

If he has been tamed then all is well.

rob444
16-05-06, 19:23
Yeah, he's tamed alright ;P

Tratos
16-05-06, 19:24
Talking about bugs, gameplay and random offtopic stuff....

....you mean the forums then? Since that's what it's there for.....O_o

unreal
16-05-06, 19:27
Nah they are pretty easy on the Neocron subject in #neocron @ etg now. Pay us a visit ;DYou mean pay the home of people who don't play Neocron a visit? ;)

rob444
16-05-06, 19:29
Nah there are several people playing neocron in there, it's true.

-sf-
17-05-06, 12:59
Theres a #neocron channel in the quakenet since very long ago :)

Kenpo
17-05-06, 16:19
Nah there are several people playing neocron in there, it's true.
last time i paid a visit to it, it was full of the bitter ex NC type people

rob444
17-05-06, 18:25
last time i paid a visit to it, it was full of the bitter ex NC type people

Apparently, you didn't stay long enough in the channel and not everyone is active in there 24/7 so because someone didn't respond to your "does anyone play nc?" questions it doesn't mean there aren't any nc players there.

NAPPER
17-05-06, 19:18
when i get my internet up and running at home i will get a vent server and give the info to whom may want it on here to talk about the game and just have a good time lol and i will get it at work as well (i mean install ventrillo here)

it might only be 25 peeps on this server but if i can get a good deal on a 50 man server then it will be 50 ok