PDA

View Full Version : Capping stats?

Elleranda
11-05-06, 16:59
Sorry, I'm new to this game and I have a question that's REALLY been bugging me. From what I've been able to gather from guides and the like, there's a certain point where your weapon's stats will max out? What's the max % for that, and does that mean if I put too much skills in, say, heavy combat, it will make a certain amount of skill points be useless?

cMz
11-05-06, 17:24
If you have a weapon like a rifle, when the damage % hit 267% you have reached the cap for that weapon.

PPU things go to 576%.
APU things go to 648%.
HackNet attack soft go to 648%
HackNet defence soft go to 576%
All other things go to 267%

Rate of fire is different for different kinds of weapons.
Range is different for different kinds of weapons.

I think that is the numbers.

cMz
11-05-06, 17:24
If you have a weapon like a rifle, when the damage % hit 267% you have reached the cap for that weapon.

PPU things go to 576%.
APU things go to 648%.
HackNet attack soft go to 648%
HackNet defence soft go to 576%
All other things go to 267%

Rate of fire is different for different kinds of weapons.
Range is different for different kinds of weapons.

I think that is the numbers.

CMaster
11-05-06, 17:31
Damage cap on all weapons is 178% (not spells etc)
Aim cap on all aimed weapons is 267%

Elleranda
11-05-06, 19:37
But, the thing is, not all guns are the same, right? Some weapons have naturally high %, so then, if I hit the cap with a gun that's say base 64%, but then get a gun that has like 100%, what happens then?

Hahnrich
11-05-06, 19:46
For the rate of fire:

Singleshotfrequency:

Rifle, Cannons: 56/min
Pistol: 92/min
Melee: 39/min (not shure if its for all MC, Jones Sword has 13/min)

That means, if youre Rifle weapon fires 3 Shots in a burst, the frequency should be 168/min (actually its 170/min).

For additional informations, check http://neocron.ems.ru/.
The side is not up to date, but most frequencies are still correct.

Tratos
11-05-06, 19:48
http://nc.synergyxr.net is a great source of stat information too.

Apocalypsox
11-05-06, 20:13
the melee freq is a bug, some melee weapons hit faster than some pistols.

CMaster
11-05-06, 20:46
But, the thing is, not all guns are the same, right? Some weapons have naturally high %, so then, if I hit the cap with a gun that's say base 64%, but then get a gun that has like 100%, what happens then?
Ok, the gun has stats in the "object stats" section of the weapon "show info" screen. This effects how easy (as in terms of skill point expenditure) to reach the cap percentages we have talked about in the "details" section.

Scanner Darkly
11-05-06, 21:39
What Cmaster is saying is that you should get the best possible QUALITY of weapon (determined by those 4 quality stats at the top of the weapon info sheet). Ideally you'd want 120% in all of those, but this is only usually possible with rares or lower tech level weapons.

Still talking of those quality stats: if your weapon has 120% damage and 120% frequency, you will be able to cap this weapon with far fewer points in your combat skill (and secondary combat skill such as weapon lore) than the same weapon with qual. stats: 80% damage and 80% frequency.

Sometimes a little bit of tweaking has to be done once you cap your character to ensure that you're not using unneccessary points in your combat skill - if you over do it, you can always use Loss of Memory pills to scrub a release a few points back into your pool.

Elleranda
12-05-06, 03:06
What Cmaster is saying is that you should get the best possible QUALITY of weapon (determined by those 4 quality stats at the top of the weapon info sheet). Ideally you'd want 120% in all of those, but this is only usually possible with rares or lower tech level weapons.

Still talking of those quality stats: if your weapon has 120% damage and 120% frequency, you will be able to cap this weapon with far fewer points in your combat skill (and secondary combat skill such as weapon lore) than the same weapon with qual. stats: 80% damage and 80% frequency.

Sometimes a little bit of tweaking has to be done once you cap your character to ensure that you're not using unneccessary points in your combat skill - if you over do it, you can always use Loss of Memory pills to scrub a release a few points back into your pool.

Ohhh.. Memory release pills eh!? Thanks, you solved my problem.

Superbron
12-05-06, 13:20
Ohhh.. Memory release pills eh!?
Memory pills... What did they do again? ... Did I take too many?

Bugs Gunny
12-05-06, 13:54
Even though i'm a BD dealer, i'm not selling those evil pills.

nellus
12-05-06, 14:46
What pills? :p

Elleranda
14-05-06, 16:43
Hmm.. I guess I was just a little confused. Let me check if I get this right: The object stats remain uneffected by your weapon skill, but it's the stats under details that you work on trying to cap, and the object stats amplify your skill level in a way, making it easier to cap the stats under details? And enhancements effect the object details, not the stats under details?

CMaster
14-05-06, 16:53
You got it!

Elleranda
14-05-06, 18:15
This is a bit off topic, but I didn't see it as worth making a new topic for:

What's the general opinion on spending points on Endurance and Transport? They seem purely to be convenience skills.

Jodo
14-05-06, 18:23
Transport is useful for carrying ammo and loot. Getting junk from mobs is a good way to make money, especially with barter. Endurance can help if you need to run through a hostile area. If you run out before its safe then you're strolling through danger. Melee uses stamina too, as does poking but in a less urgent situation. Also, it pisses you off if you run out of stamina as you run around the city, particularly DoY.

Scanner Darkly
14-05-06, 18:45
Also remember that skills are slightly affected by the main stat so your overall STRength affects how much you can carry as well as TRAnsport. Same goes for STAmina (affected by CON).

eg: a tank with 110 STR and 0 TRAnsport will be able to carry more than a monk with 35 STR and 0 TRAnsport.

A bit of stamina is useful to have, but you can always carry a bunch of stam boosters (little blue things that look like psi boosters - recommended especially for combat) and pop them from your quickbelt whenever you need to. They max out your stamina everytime it runs out.

Faid
14-05-06, 19:32
You're correct there. The overall stats on weapons cap at 120% those are the stats of the actual weapon itself. In order for your character to cap the damage of this weapon, (lets say its a rifle for example) you have to add points to "rifle combat" you keep adding points until your character reaches 178% damage while using this particular rifle.

If the weapons overal stats are lower than 120% you'll need to add more points into "rifle combat" in order for your character to reach 178% damage.

Aiming works the same way except your character will cap it at 267% And by adding points to "weapon Lore" instead of "rifle combat".

Store bought weapons usually have poor overall stats like 64% or something, which means in order for your character to cap the damage(178%) and aiming(267%) you'll have to add quite a lot of points to both "rifle combat" and "weapon Lore" assuming its a rifle you're using.

This is why most people will seek out a player built weapon. All store bought weapons can be blue printed and then constructed. These player constructed weapons will have better overall stats then the store bought versions. These player built weapons also have the capability to be built with a number of slots which enable you to add modifications to the weapon, such as adding a "rifle barrel" which will increase the damage and range stats of the weapon, which in turn means you wont have to add as many points into "rifle combat" in order for your character to cap the damage at 178%.

Holy crap thats a lot of stuff, hope it helps :)

*lol 4 posts since I've been typing this

Dogface
14-05-06, 20:09
Do. Not. Spec. Endurance :)

Total waste of points, just carry stamina boosters.

Scanner Darkly
15-05-06, 15:39
Don't want to overcomplicate things, but I think this needs to be said.

Let's stick to the pistoller/rifler example:

WEAPON LORE (WPL): affects mostly aiming (to 267% cap), but also to a lesser extent damage (to 178% cap)

PISTOL COMBAT (or RIFLE COMBAT - if you're a rifler): affects mainly damage, but also damage, again to a smaller extent.

This way you can spec a LOT of WPL assuming you want a pure combat character and less PC or RC to cap both damage, range and aiming, thus releasing extra DEX points for agility or vehicle use or whatever.

For gen tanks weapon lore is not that important, HC weapons seem easier to cap than pistols and rifles.

There was a thread here some time ago about the exact effect that each xp point spent has on your character skills, the search function is your friend if you care...