PDA

View Full Version : average playerbase?

spikeownzu
11-05-06, 13:08
anybody know whats average playerbase of terra ?

cMz
11-05-06, 15:43
When I log in at around 8PM CEST, same time as germany, it is between 17 and 20%. Maybe a bit more on weekends.

SorkZmok
11-05-06, 15:57
It's rather less these days i'd say.

And even if not, 17#20 at peak times really isn't enough to fill the world of NC which already isn't that big. :roll:

Okran
11-05-06, 16:57
usually around 10% or so in the day, but picks up to around 20% in the evening (18:00 GMT).

You'll find around 50% of the 10% sitting in TH though 8|

spikeownzu
12-05-06, 10:30
yes, but how many players is 17%

somebody told me 1% = 10 players, but i don't believe thats true

because when its 20% theres no way theres 200 players online in neocron....

and if 1%=10

then 100% = full capacity, 1000 players, and the server would explode

cRazy-
12-05-06, 10:36
yes, but how many players is 17%

somebody told me 1% = 10 players, but i don't believe thats true

because when its 20% theres no way theres 200 players online in neocron....

and if 1%=10

then 100% = full capacity, 1000 players, and the server would explode

1% = 10 players, thats correct.

Therefore 100% = 1000 players, thats right as well. 1000 isnt an overly large amount of players but it depends how many servers each realm uses.

spikeownzu
12-05-06, 10:42
i'v not seen more then 200 people online for years in neocron, maybe way back in the day.. i don't believe 20% = 200 player....

cRazy-
12-05-06, 10:54
i'v not seen more then 200 people online for years in neocron, maybe way back in the day.. i don't believe 20% = 200 player....

You're only in one place at a time so how can you tell what looks like 200 players in the entire game world and what doesn't?

Back in Neocron 1 there was 400-500 players on a single server, then it was busy. These days the player numbers have pretty much halved and its noticable.

spikeownzu
12-05-06, 11:04
last time i was active, i checked citycom for all active clans, and went to all populated area's looking for people to kill, and the numbers certainly never numbered over 100, when the server said there was 20% online, and i did this on a daily basis.. and it certainly never felt like there was hundreds of people online.....

unless somewhere scattered around the world was another 100 random players....

Bugs Gunny
12-05-06, 11:15
That would be a nice way to count, especialy with the new online filters in place. Just check the % then log in and filter the online players and count them.

I also have a feeling that it's no longer set at 10=1%.
It's all on their end and KK has been mysterious about it every time.
Who knows? Maybe they just set the parametervalue of 10 to 7 or 8.

spikeownzu
12-05-06, 11:18
im sure that its 1% = 6-7 player or something..

i should think %20 is like 120 players..

i just could't believe its 200.. when you play neocron everyday for a few months you can tell theres not 200 people online when its 20%

aKe`cj
12-05-06, 11:52

i just could't believe its 200.. when you play neocron everyday for a few months you can tell theres not 200 people online when its 20%

bullshit..

%_playercount = (players_online / 10)

With the new filters that have been added to the citycom you can easily check on that yourself, aight? Guess that would be too easy tho' ..so lets give this conspiracy-crap another go "onoz KK is teh secretly changing % formulas ..theres only 15,8 people online!!" :rolleyes:

anyway:
20% ~= 200 Players (195-204 meh thinks)
and besides: the 100% = 1000 Player mark is not a cap, but purely random and only used for the formula. When 10 more players join the server, it would show 101% on the launcher... etc.

cRazy-
12-05-06, 11:53

If that was the case then I'm fairly sure KK would be violating some sort of Trade law on misleading/false/deceptive advertising.

For example in a hypothetical situation where a person wouldn't register and play with very few players, but would join and play with a lot of players. If the statement that the game had a lot of players (through player numbers) was a lie, then the player would be playing because of KK's deception, which is illegal.

spikeownzu
12-05-06, 12:05
so.. when your online in neocron nowadays

and its 20%

do you feel like theres 200 people around ??

and im not sure if thats illegal or not crazy, but i have come across similar faulse advertising in mmorpgs

anybody want to use the function to see how many players are online right now and tell me? :p

cRazy-
12-05-06, 12:18

and its 20%

and im not sure if thats illegal or not crazy, but i have come across similar faulse advertising in mmorpgs

anybody want to use the function to see how many players are online right now and tell me? :p

I dont feel like there is 200 people but back when there was 500 people, there was only one City with everyone inside it and it was very busy. These days there is only 200 or so people who are stretched across two Cities now, not one. So if you take this into account, I suppose it does look like 200 people in-game.

And I know some MMORPG's use false advertising, I have also heard of some Companies who have developed these games getting sued.

Bugs Gunny
12-05-06, 13:51
And did anyone ever think about the legal reasons why KK would use the % instead of real numbers?

Seriously, besides trying to deceive and mislead people (maybe just keep them in the dark) about playernumbers, why would they do it?

It's because there's nowhere they say that it is number/10 and that it's staying that way. You can't sue them about misleading advertising on this one.

What i do know is that opwars have become extinct. Remember when pre evo 2.1 there was 20-25% online and there would be several large clans opwaring?
It does seem a bit odd that nowadays at 20% you're lucky to find anyone outside of mb, plaza or th.

But hey, let's do some counting during the next weeks and post the results.

server % , citycom online playercount.

nellus
12-05-06, 14:55
A few things to remember on this subject.

1. there are over 100 zones in the outside world 1 person in each zone would give you an easy 100 players.

2. there are lots of players congregating in plaza, tech haven, millitary base and domr of york centre.

3. although we keep saying the player base is dropping ive noticed in the last few months quite a few new players joining, so they will be down in the sewers and caves levelling.

4. and this is probably the biggest reason for extra players not seeming to be there. those people who lose their sl from ally killing will leave there char in his apt to wait for sl gain while they go to sleep or wash the car whatever.

Bugs Gunny
12-05-06, 15:20
So here we have it :

The new carebear evo 2.1 soullight rules were a ploy from KK to artificialy get online numbers up......
And here i was, thinking some retard thought them up, while in fact it was pure genius.

spikeownzu
12-05-06, 16:37
well ye, post some playerbase counts up now

and have op wars really become extinct.. ?

or just smaller?

i also wondered why they changed it from numbers to %%

i thought it was to hide a dropping playerbase

silent000
12-05-06, 17:22
They probaly have hidden the fact that they dropped it to 6-8 players per 1% cus as spike says it rele dotn seem liek 200 ppl online at 20% and when it was at summit like 30% wen 2.1 was out still ldidnt feel like that

/Edit Now im nto sure....i logged into 8% population and theres 79 players onlien according to %% on the citycom

RaekOne
12-05-06, 18:08
Op wars are much smaller...its perfectly plausable to take an op with 5-6 people atm....as was proved yesterday!!

Thats partly cause nobody can be arsed either, what with ninja hacking, zerging etc etc.....

Theres allot less action atm, and DoY runners have started taking to raiding PP allot more now. Yesterday there was about 3-4 entirely seperate groups of people raiding yesterday!!

Infact me and some friends got so bored we fought each other to the death (not in neofrag)!!!

Theres limited PvP now :( Whilst I suck at it, I do miss it

Mighty Max
12-05-06, 20:16
If the % were faked, or changed, i wonder why they would fake them that low that ppl keep moaning about too low %. Wouldn't you fake it to a plausible healthy number, if you'd do such?

Just another conspiracy theory like so many others. Doesn't stand a check.

I can however undestand that feeling. With 200players, not even every second zone is filled with at least one player, due to the amount of zones.

Pantho
12-05-06, 21:13
MIDDAY FRIDAY, 9FUCKING PERCENT, not good tbh. highest it goes atm is 150players, thats most likely 50 AKF< 50 zerging, 50 being bored stiff

gstyle40
13-05-06, 06:38
i counted one late nite a few weeks ago the server dipped to 4 percent and there were 38 online. i think it is a sliding scale. probably 35-45 = 4% or somethin like that. I believe someone already said this tho.

spikeownzu
13-05-06, 12:47
well if 1% does really mean 10 players then its not so bad

i'v been playing face of mankind, i remember the hype in neocron, that FOM would take the neocron playerbase..

but it seems instead that fom will probaly die before neocron.. playerbase really sucks and its only been out about 2 year..

i mite re-activate my account if some my mates do

p.s last time i played NC, i was on about 4:00am UK time and i saw it at 2%

they should merge all the servers... the german + english server, with 4 slots, would be uber, and with higher playerbase and more action more people would return

Strife
13-05-06, 13:12
Merging servers would be nice, but what kk is willing to do, and what this game needs are usually two different things.

Jipz
13-05-06, 13:15
well if 1% does really mean 10 players then its not so bad

i'v been playing face of mankind, i remember the hype in neocron, that FOM would take the neocron playerbase..

but it seems instead that fom will probaly die before neocron.. playerbase really sucks and its only been out about 2 year..

i mite re-activate my account if some my mates do

p.s last time i played NC, i was on about 4:00am UK time and i saw it at 2%

they should merge all the servers... the german + english server, with 4 slots, would be uber, and with higher playerbase and more action more people would return

2slots > 4 slots :rolleyes:
because with 4 slots everyone has his own tradeskiller,apu,ppu...

Nidhogg
13-05-06, 13:53
Actually, it went retail 47 days ago.

N

SizZLeR
13-05-06, 15:04

and its 20%

How many ppl does it actually take to make it feel like the amount gathered in one place is 200?

Similar scenarios have been seen in RL environments, like when u see a crowd of ppl, most ppl underestimates the number of ppl in that crowd, typically way below the actual count.

U prolly experienced it yourself when shopping in a supermarket, try and go in there, look around and take a (wild) guess on how many ppl r actually in there, then go around and count them, im pretty sure you'll be surprised how many more ppl that r actually there compared to your estimate. :-)

When im online and it shows between 15% and 20% there most likely is around 20-25 ppl in P1, then usually there r like 10-15 ppl in P2 as 5 of them most likely stand around and the rest is doing aggy missions.

Then if u run from P2 thru the rest of plaza, to VR and further on to PP, u'll bump into like 10-20 ppl, so now we're at like 50-60 ppl, just inside the most coomon places of NC.

Then we go to TH, and find maybe 10-20 ppl around the gogu area, thats 60-70 total.

Now we need to count those at MB, usually there'd be like 15-20 inside the base (75-90 total), and at the Launchers we typically find around 5-20 ppl., then in J01 and J02 we would prolly find 5-10 hunting warbots, (85-120 total).

Then there's all the caves, theres DoY and the Desert, many ppl r lvling by hunting firemobs and also many ppl run around in the wastes during missions, so to me 20% = 200 players doesnt seem surreal at all, but u have to sum it all up, not forgetting that there are a ton of zones u wouldnt normally think of, like the caves, aggy cellar etc etc etc... ;-)

CMaster
13-05-06, 16:08
I think the reason people tend to believe the numbers are wrong is quite simple - aside from the number of AFKers/dual loggers that always account for some, we have seen plenty of evidence on the forums that a lot of the community assumes whatever it is THEY do in the game is the ONLY thing people do in the game. So when they see 20% numbers but not 200 people OP-warring/zonlelin fighting/NFing/Trading or whatever their pet project is, they go "OMG NO 200 PPLZ HERE!!1"

Faid
13-05-06, 18:51
Check to see Clan #'s as well, DR may have 10 - 20 people online but I dont see them anywhere. Same with FF or any other clans out there. Theyre all probably gathered together somewhere like their clan appy or something getting ready to take an OP or whatever. Or they're OP warring out in the world, unknown to the people sitting around counting player numbers in plaza and TH.

Kr3Yc3K
13-05-06, 21:13
Hello.

Syntax-Error
13-05-06, 21:20
heh all i know, is that before the death of pluto, there was an average of about 50 players. neocron must be doing something right, if the playerbase is now 200.

cRazy-
13-05-06, 21:27
heh all i know, is that before the death of pluto, there was an average of about 50 players. neocron must be doing something right, if the playerbase is now 200.

No...

The combination of all the NC1 English servers combined sometimes totalled 1000 + players, now we only have one English server, and it gets average of peak 200 players.

spikeownzu
13-05-06, 21:59
lets all try get KK to merge the german and english servers

so what if we all talk different languages, it'll be fun, and pvp will be pwnage

and which germans can't talk english anyway? they all learn it in school :P

Jipz
14-05-06, 00:23
lets all try get KK to merge the german and english servers

so what if we all talk different languages, it'll be fun, and pvp will be pwnage

and which germans can't talk english anyway? they all learn it in school :P

dont forget french players :p

cRazy-
14-05-06, 00:26
Although I hate the concept of all languages being put together on one server, it would be by far in KK's best interests. As well as possibly attracting more players they would also cut server/Internet-pipe costs considerably.

Bugs Gunny
14-05-06, 10:05
I think they were a little overconfident with the servers when they released NC2.

Two servers would have done fine, one 1 slot international and a 4 slot international.

spikeownzu
14-05-06, 10:36
so it looks like a lot of us agree.. :P

they need to do it, lets pm some admins and make a poll in main forum and see what everybody else thinks

aKe`cj
14-05-06, 12:37
so it looks like a lot of us agree.. :P

they need to do it, lets pm some admins and make a poll in main forum and see what everybody else thinks

1. the forums do not represent the majority of customers.

Q: Given the low populations... has the topic of a possible server-merge been discussed at KK? Possibly to have a more lively game environment and to focus the available performance? A: No. This is not being discussed.

3. if people want to change to a different server, they are free to do so ...I've observed a general shift towards terra lately.

Strife
14-05-06, 12:52
When im online and it shows between 15% and 20% there most likely is around 20-25 ppl in P1, then usually there r like 10-15 ppl in P2 as 5 of them most likely stand around and the rest is doing aggy missions. 10-15 in p2? bs

Then if u run from P2 thru the rest of plaza, to VR and further on to PP, u'll bump into like 10-20 pplPlaza 4, 1-2 people. VR, 1-2 people in all VR sectors, pepperpark? you'll see 2 le run through occasionally.

Although I hate the concept of all languages being put together on one server, it would be by far in KK's best interests. As well as possibly attracting more players they would also cut server/Internet-pipe costs considerably.I wouldn't mind it at all if we got seperate trade channels, and kk got rid of the channels that noone really uses. Get that count up to like 400, and i'd be happy as hell to stay. That's what I was used to back in nc1 before i quit, and I had a blast playing with those numbers.

But I think KK are too busy working on hitboxes, to help keep players entertained in their game.

Scanner Darkly
17-05-06, 01:55
Is this Soldierz Spike I know from Saturn? If you are - hi dude!

I and some others are thinking of making a comeback too - once the balancing is complete, or at least once some of the changes are implemented.

spikeownzu
17-05-06, 11:59
ye this is me, i tried to re-activate to see what its like for 3 days now

i have about 8 people waiting for me to say if i will play or not, and if i do they come too

but i have the same fucking problem as always CLICK2GAY

they won't accept my card, i e-mailed them they say they do accept this type of card but they having a problem with their card terminal, and it will be fix in 24 hours, then about 46 hours later i still trying and it not work... and i'm about to give up because i have these type of problems all the time

i'v been bored as fuck for 3 days, and im holding out to play NC, but it wud be so fuckin easy to slap my details onto a load of different mmorpgs and i cud be playin already... grrrrrr...

get rid of this noob click2pay and maybe playerbase can improve more..............

solling
17-05-06, 12:53
we do still have op fights not everyday anymore but perhaps every other day now :p i enjoy it a lot more to there is less peopel perhaps 8-10 on each side normally gives my damn PC a chance to keep up and me a chance to aim in op fights :lol:

spikeownzu
17-05-06, 13:27
if i come back you better be ready to have them everyday, you'll have to log all your noobs off WoW :D

Coir
16-06-06, 06:57
get rid of this noob click2pay and maybe playerbase can improve more..............

Yep card being rejected still. Going to go play EVE instead. Shame Neo 2 looked like it'd be fun. Others going elsewhere with me. :confused: Payment needs to be sorted, been years putting up with this crap.

Riddle
16-06-06, 10:56
Soldierz......*crys

those where the days :cool:

rob444
16-06-06, 14:11
Was down at 4% when I logged in this morning, a fair estimation would be around 20-30% I guess.

unreal
16-06-06, 17:22
20-30%? If only. For the last few months Mars has been at about 8-11% and Terra 14-16%, on average.

Skusty
18-06-06, 20:32
Soldierz......*crys

those where the days :cool:
It sure was, i still got 2alts in SoldierZ. :lol: Dunno why. :p

SorkZmok
18-06-06, 20:59
20-30%? If only. For the last few months Mars has been at about 8-11% and Terra 14-16%, on average.

Even less i'd say. Though over the last days quite a few mars ppl came over to terra to get away from all the shit that's goin on there.
So terra is a bit better off now.

Yet the only people i ever find to fight are monks zerging the mb zoneline. :rolleyes:

RogerRamjet
18-06-06, 21:04
Even less i'd say. Though over the last days quite a few mars ppl came over to terra to get away from all the shit that's goin on there.
So terra is a bit better off now.

Yet the only people i ever find to fight are monks zerging the mb zoneline. :rolleyes:

On terra or mars :p

SorkZmok
18-06-06, 21:41
On terra or mars :p
On mars its monk zerging the pp3 pussy club entrance. Same thing in the end. :lol:

Skusty
19-06-06, 12:46
lol, and this sucks, when we DRE's become enemies to CM allfights has comeback to MB. :( I want to fight. :(