PDA

View Full Version : Content spoiler for Retail Patch #157

SnowCrash
10-05-06, 16:11
To optically differenciate characters with Wisdom of Ceres skill, we will be adding newly textured power armors (http://ng.neocron.com/fileadmin/nc21_content_images/news/neospypa01.jpg) in the upcoming Retail Patch #157. These new versions of the power armors will be based on stats and requirements of the current ones. The webzines Neocronicle and Voice of the Resistance will be releasing further information in the coming days.

Sylow
10-05-06, 16:14
Now, this is weird... this black and orange suit screams "ugly" all over the place. And at the same time, it got "cool" stamped on it's (ugly) forehead.

Vampire222
10-05-06, 16:15
how about bugfixes?

Glok
10-05-06, 16:16
Slick. I think that looks awesome. Only cosmetic but hey, the art guys gotta do something eh?

Give us weapons lol.

CMaster
10-05-06, 16:19
Ark! Its TRON! And he's back for BLOOD!

Still, nice to see the idea of stuff like that taken on.

Hell-demon
10-05-06, 16:22
wtf? :wtf:

SnowCrash
10-05-06, 16:23
how about bugfixes?

This is a content spoiler, not a patch notes preview. There will be of course several fixes for known problems with the next Retail Patch.

Tratos
10-05-06, 16:24
Best word to sum this up:

Random.

How about Spy Camo? O_o

Vailtor
10-05-06, 16:27
Btw, that is the biggest piece of shit, i have ever seen, how long did it take u to design that?

Hell-demon
10-05-06, 16:28
paint a pa black and add yellow bits............ :rolleyes:

Sylow
10-05-06, 16:33
So what... you get nothing new, you complain. You get something new, you tear it to pieces and complain again.

Do you really think, this behaviour is really a morale booster for the people at KK?

Brammers
10-05-06, 16:33
Nice, so my sexy WOC monk is now going to glow!

And now the 1,000,000nc question ETA for the patch? :angel:

CMaster
10-05-06, 16:34
How about Spy Camo? O_o

Q: Will us spies get a camo power-armor as well?
A: No. We do not plan on introducing new Camo-PAs right now.

So I'd guess not.

Tratos
10-05-06, 16:38
So I'd guess not.
That sort of what i was getting at - since PA textures have been worked on - why not a spy camo :/

Looks good btw but its just random, lol

Mr Kot
10-05-06, 16:39
These sexy new PAs.. i hope they will be reasonably priced (same as regular PA) or no-one will be buying them for fear of losing them.

*starts saving*

Jipz
10-05-06, 16:46
looks good :eek:

Glok
10-05-06, 16:53
Nice, so my sexy WOC monk is now going to glow!You have a WoC monk? You freak!

Jodo
10-05-06, 17:02
Nice, idea. A status symbol and a different charactor or 2 on your screen. It'll help stop everything looking samey.

Dribble Joy
10-05-06, 18:11
Finally!

Damnit me and others have asked for this for ages.

That said unless there is a Camo PEPA version I'll stick with my current PA :p.

cRazy-
10-05-06, 18:35
KK's facial reaction to the first negative posts on this thread:

http://usera.imagecave.com/MrLuke/roflofl.bmp.jpg

Tratos
10-05-06, 18:44
This should really be on the neocron.com page aswell, its a bit random that the frontpage hasnt been updated since Patch 154...

Should be on the launcher too.

nellus
10-05-06, 18:45
PA looks cool.

Just one question though. When are thr ceres labs re-opening so i can get my tank her WOC disc so she can complete str 1?
(i have been away for 2 weeks so dont know if its already reopened. Forget question if it has :D )

sanityislost
10-05-06, 18:56
Looks sexy, hope there is an apu woc pa tho :D

SiL ..:..

unreal
10-05-06, 19:29
What the frig. I don't want my character to run around looking like a hacknet geezer. Depending on how bright the orange is, it means i'm going to bloody stand out in the dark to people as well. Defeats being a Spy doesn't it? Trying to be stealthy and ninja like? I'll only wear it because it's new, hopefully it will have some other purpose, like perhaps being like PA4 but without the huge level requirement, or giving extra resists? :p

Edit: *cough* 2million xray resist to counter the overpowered Holy Lightning please. :rolleyes:

cRazy-
10-05-06, 19:33
The Script at the KK office:

Guy1: The community has been whining about new WoC stuff for a while now, what shall we do?
Guy2: Dunno
Guy3: Well a lot of them want the Black PA4 back, so how about we make WoC PA, but make it black?
Guy2: Add some cool glowing stuff as well
Guy1: Like Tron?
Guy2: Yeah
Guy3: Holy crap that would be so sweet
Guy1: Man, if it was just us three who made Neocron, it would have thousands of players by now

Mr Kot
10-05-06, 19:34
This is a content spoiler, not a patch notes preview. There will be of course several fixes for known problems with the next Retail Patch. Just reassure me of one thing, Snow. If the new PAs are going to have a WoC requirement, can the WoC disk drop rate issue be the first in line for fixing with the same patch? We want to be able to use these PAs and i desperately need a WOC disk or three ;) I just want the labs open again so we can hunt for them legally.

What the frig. I don't want my character to run around looking like a hacknet geezer.Don't buy one then :p

CMaster
10-05-06, 19:35
Guy1: The community has been whining about new WoC stuff for a while now, what shall we do?
Guy2: Dunno
Guy3: Well a lot of them want the Black PA4 back, so how about we make WoC PA, but make it black?
Guy2: Add some cool glowing stuff as well
Guy1: Like Tron?
Guy2: Yeah
Guy3: Holy crap that would be so sweet

Its been suggested for a long time that PA4 should = WoC PA. Not a bad idea to implent it but I'm REALLY not sure about this Tron look.

Dribble Joy
10-05-06, 19:48
PA4 = WoC is a bad idea. If there's no other reqs it's just another requirement.
Having two PA 4s, one standard, one with additional WoC req but same stats and a different skin is the way forward.

That said, it should probably be PA 3 not 4.

giga191
10-05-06, 20:18
That's kewl :)

Are there different ones for different WoC lvls?

how about bugfixes? you want the art department to do bug fixes? i've lost count of how many times i've said that...

Whitestuff
10-05-06, 20:39
looks awesome. I'll have to level my spy up I suppose. Or are there tanky ones too??!!?

giga191
10-05-06, 20:48
looks awesome. I'll have to level my spy up I suppose. Or are there tanky ones too??!!? i think that's the plan, yes.

Bugs Gunny
10-05-06, 21:11
I want my pe's pa to look like the dude on the introsceen of neocron.
An all black pe pa..... man... besides, what level pa would it be? my pe runs around without pa just fine, i'd be happy if it didn't have a dex , str or psi req on it and it was a basic lvl1 pa

Skusty
10-05-06, 21:30
Looks like hl2.

kurai
10-05-06, 21:34
Differentiated PA ... absolutely fantastic
Black colourscheme ... great
WoC requirement ... OK
Flourescent orange piping ... good grief o_O

On tankehs/monkehs/PEs fine - they don't really need to care about being seen. But on a spy ? (rifle spy especially) - the one class that really needs to be unobtrusive when running around ...

Summary: Great general idea, but really - think about the details of what you are doing. Don't let this nice step forward be derailed because of a 3 second lapse in `real world` judgement.

calim
10-05-06, 22:39
?? it means you'll need 260M XP to get one of these ?
Ok i will never get it :P

Bredahl
10-05-06, 22:42
I like! but erm.. as many has said, spys kinda dont want to be seen too much.. i wouldnt care on a pistol spy (and im gonna use it on my pistol spy.. i like the design very much), but its kinda dumb for a rifle spy to be THAT flashy.. ;)

-FN-
10-05-06, 22:57
I like! but erm.. as many has said, spys kinda dont want to be seen too much.. i wouldnt care on a pistol spy (and im gonna use it on my pistol spy.. i like the design very much), but its kinda dumb for a rifle spy to be THAT flashy.. ;)
Agreed. Why on earth would you want to look like one of those flourescent road-side workers when you're supposed to be in the distance hiding. That was well thought out :rolleyes:

athon
10-05-06, 23:09
Spies are suppsoed to be sneaky, hidden, well... spies.

I know. Lets make them stand out 10 miles away!

=/

Well done KK. At this rate your "balancing project" will put the balance out even further than it is already.

calim
10-05-06, 23:11
Q: why make a so visible difference between WoC chars and others ?

=> why don't just make subtles details like .... i don't know like tattooing ... something more personal ?

RogerRamjet
11-05-06, 00:05
Spies are suppsoed to be sneaky, hidden, well... spies.

I know. Lets make them stand out 10 miles away!

=/

Well done KK. At this rate your "balancing project" will put the balance out even further than it is already.

It doesnt matter anyway, i can spot moving black blobs on the horizon every time.

cRazy-
11-05-06, 00:09
It doesnt matter anyway, i can spot moving black blobs on the horizon every time.

Correct, people always use this excuse but it doesnt mean anything.

I will see a normal PA person just as easily as a one with thin Orange stripes. If they are far away they just become Grey blobs anyway, if they are close enough to make out the Orange stripes its about 99% likely I would of spotted them already.

SizZLeR
11-05-06, 00:20
So first we got Judge Dredd theme all over the game, now we got an updated version of the TRON suit in Black/Orange instead of the original Grey/Blue? LOL

Well i wouldnt say it looks ugly, but it kinda sticks (a little too far) out from the rest of the clothing textures. ;-)

unreal
11-05-06, 02:00
*cough* 2million xray resist to counter the overpowered Holy Lightning please. :rolleyes:lol, was too busy thinking about current Spy PA when typing that, I obviously meant energy resist :wtf: lol

Let's hope patch #157 comes soon at least, would bring a new sextoy for us which is generally a rare thing in Neocron. I just wish this PA wouldn't look basically like a hacknet model. Make a one with blue highlights instead of orange tbh? ;)

Apocalypsox
11-05-06, 02:11
Snowcrash can us spies have some uber bionic suit, like the PE in the intro screen for NC? i want the uber bionic suit thingy :(

but on the idea of the new textures...i agree with first post...it screams ugly but has a LEET stamp on its forhead...are these gonna be the only PA models? or will there be alternates..

Vryce
11-05-06, 02:51
OH YEAH ....!!! Nice job, guys.

As far as anyone who needs to hide (stealth)....Obliterator ftw.

LiL T
11-05-06, 04:34
Looks cool :)

and to anyone else whining

STFU..

solling
11-05-06, 09:41
i like em

Bugs Gunny
11-05-06, 10:17
Hands off the bionic suit, it's obviously PE material :-)
And i want a leprechaun looking holovest for pes too, without any reqs or negatives.

unreal
11-05-06, 10:27
lol, No More Elves, but Leprechauns are fine. :D

Leprechaun Watch (http://www.irelandseye.com/leprechaun/reportsight.htm)

"We think we saw shadows of two men. I saw a smiling face on the left and what appears to be a reddish bowl/pot on the right." - Looks like someone spotted the KK development team. Smoking weed instead of patching. ;)

SorkZmok
11-05-06, 13:26
Like it.

But i still got no woc disc on terra. :(

NAPPER
11-05-06, 13:31
why do you add lil things like new armor when the big issue is the syc errors and FREds shouldnt you sort them out befor you add more bugs to the game ????????

Bugs Gunny
11-05-06, 14:03
Hey, i'm glad the ARTDEPARTEMENT is doing something to entertain us while the CODERS are (working?) on bugfixing and ballancing.

One serious request though. TEST the patch before you release it, every untested patch sends another few players towards wow or fomk.

NAPPER
11-05-06, 14:18
i dont understand why make something so keep the players happy for a months or so then its back to normal

when you could all work togther try to fix the big bugs in this game then you would have a lot of players come bk i think

nabbl
11-05-06, 14:30
Hi.. Snowcrash mailed me a picture of the new pe woc pa...

pic is clickable... for bigger view!

http://nabbl.na.funpic.de/Neocron/pepawoc.jpg (http://www.atf-hq.de/forum/?u=nabbl)

well bad joke i know ^^

unreal
11-05-06, 14:46
Hey, i'm glad the ARTDEPARTEMENT is doing something to entertain us while the CODERS are (working?) on bugfixing and ballancing.From the looks of the Spy PA, it's still the same shape, same detail, except the colour has been turned black, with orange highlights. Should it really take 5months for a small graphics job to be completed? If only there was some update regularly as to what the art and programming department is actually doing, even if it's only slightly less vague than normal.

Not trying to totally add a flame post here, I'm glad there's a patch coming along, it'll make things fun and slightly interesting, but depending on what else is in the patch, it might not be enough to bring people back. This is a big problem at the moment, the population is getting lower. We just need to be reassured that SOMETHING is getting accomplished. So in regards to saying that, maybe Reakktor should think about stepping up the communication with the community a bit, so the following doesn't happen.

Every question that is asked, or notes to the community released, there's something along the lines of "oh, we're working on that", "we're doing this" that follows, and nothing ever comes of it. Just be honest with us, we already know Reakktor is a small company.

Back to the whole population thing; It's been at least 6months now since Payment Methods were being "reviewed". Just get on with doing it, and if the customers who haven't subscribed because of Click2Pay/PayByCash hear about it, they'll be here in an instant. Surely more money means you can possibly expand the team by getting another employee perhaps, that will help with either adding new content or bugfixing/development. More people equals larger community equals more appealing to newcomers because there's more people playing the game. If it's not possible to add an extra payment service that people trust and will use with ease, someone's cogs really aren't going round.

PS. Is there an ETA on this patch?

Ryen
11-05-06, 15:09
Who the fuck did that? Fire them. Some glowing neon bits are good, but black with only neon visible is complete shit.

Ryen
11-05-06, 15:10
Looks cool :)

and to anyone else whining

STFU..

MY OPINION IS RIGHT ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE SHOULD SHUT UP!

Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone with a different opinion should shut up.

aKe`cj
11-05-06, 15:18
MY OPINION IS RIGHT ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERWISE SHOULD SHUT UP!

Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone with a different opinion should shut up.

As an alternative... think about defucking your desktop gamma/contrast. There's quite some detail hidden in the darker parts.
That said.. I aint happy with the amount of gold/orange there either.. the mass of em' make the PA look more like a suit and less like metal-armor.

Jezebel
11-05-06, 15:30
I hope the orange lines will blik so we can dance all around :D
j/k

Anyway, who was the guy who had in sign "want some cheese with all that whine?"

Obsidian X
11-05-06, 15:45
I think it looks cool tbh - not that I'll ever get WoC but still looks cool :cool:

SorkZmok
11-05-06, 15:55
What sucks about it though is the general "KILL THE NEON GUY FIRST, HE'S GOT TEH EVIL XBOW!" thing that's gonna happen at opfights and general ganking.

And trust me, i know that problem, playing a female tank with a green mohawk can seriously fuck you over. You're just to easy to target between all those monks. :lol:

Jezebel
11-05-06, 15:59
So let's skin all same way, so noone can target at first sight an high level. So you can't know if i'm an XBOW PE or a PPU. And all those different colours cloacks for monks? All the same!

Mr Kot
11-05-06, 15:59
What sucks about it though is the general "KILL THE NEON GUY FIRST, HE'S GOT TEH EVIL XBOW!" thing that's gonna happen at opfights and general ganking.

And trust me, i know that problem, playing a female tank with a green mohawk can seriously fuck you over. You're just to easy to target between all those monks. :lol:
Maybe this is the idea; to make all players look individual so that no one person stands out in a crowd.

Brammers
11-05-06, 16:02

You don't have to use a WOC PA.

These new versions of the power armors will be based on stats and requirements of the current ones.

So you can still use your plain old PA, and say Pwned....or wear the Neon PA, and say Pwned, while dancing to "Staying Alive"

Then you can laugh at the whining when they complain they got owned by a Mobile disco with a Xbow! :D

Dribble Joy
11-05-06, 16:33
the mass of em' make the PA look more like a suit and less like metal-armor.
Well.... Spy PA was intended as a combat version of an anti rad suit, rather than armour.

giga191
11-05-06, 17:10
i dont understand why make something so keep the players happy for a months or so then its back to normal

when you could all work togther try to fix the big bugs in this game then you would have a lot of players come bk i think jesus f**cking christ, bugs already pointed out why your original post was stupid, and then you make a second post which is exactly the same.

To everyone who is complaining, i don't think that KK could ever do anything to please you. Some constructive critisism is welcome when they need it, but the one PA screenie that they have posted looks goods and could hardly warrant some of the posts here. It is obviously designed so that there is a significant difference from the normal PA.

calim
11-05-06, 17:58
@giga : just admit this is just the same model with some color remplacements !. Ok it looks cool, but ... but ! I agree with unreal ...

"please, make a significant change to our game" , that the message to understand from the community, i think.

Admit this is frustrating.

giga191
11-05-06, 18:02
@giga : just admit this is just the same model with some color remplacements ! Who's said it isn't? Who said that they've even spent a significant amount of time on it? What do you expect the ART DEPARTMENT ART DEPARTMENT ART DEPARTMENT ART DEPARTMENT to fix?

EDIT for none english people:
programmer

n : a person who designs and writes and tests computer programs

graphic design
n.
The practice or profession of designing print or electronic forms of visual information, as for an advertisement, publication, or website.

calim
11-05-06, 18:12
Who's said it isn't? Who said that they've even spent a significant amount of time on it?

Understand that i would like to see significants changes (understand NEW work) in the game that i love and invest a significant amount of money and time in it.
I know it's hard to find dev time ... and make a total rewrite of something. (Sometimes it never happens ...)
From my point of view, we need totally new models ? (like for guns).

I don't like the idea to build new on old material. that's all.

Nidhogg
11-05-06, 18:24
Let me try and inject some reality into the thread.

Go read Snow's post again. You see the part that links to the picture? What does it say? I'll save you the trouble of looking it says "newly textured power armors". That means that the texture is new. :p We're not attempting to pull the wool over your eyes or pretend that it's anything other than the usual PA with a new texture.

If you like the look of it and want to show off your leet WOC skillz then wear it around town. If you want to keep a low profile, don't. It won't give you any better or worse protection than the existing PA. It's just an alternative look.

Is this what the dev team have been working on solely for the last few months? Absolutely not. Have we tried to intimate that it's a whole new PA? Nope. Do artists fix bugs? Nope. Does this thread have anything at all to do with Click2Pay? Er, no. Please stay on topic, that being the topic presented in Snow's original post, i.e. a newly textured PA.

N

calim
11-05-06, 18:32
Thank you nidhogg. Maybe i expect too much... (??)

Nidhogg
11-05-06, 18:36
I wouldn't presume to say that you expect too much, but I would like to say that it's perfectly normal procedure in the games industry to use multiple textures on the same model. It's not seen as a short cut. Remember that the only difference between the walls and floors (and every other flat surface) is texture. ;)

N

calim
11-05-06, 18:42
I wouldn't presume to say that you expect too much, but I would like to say that it's perfectly normal procedure in the games industry to use multiple textures on the same model. It's not seen as a short cut. Remember that the only difference between the walls and floors (and every other flat surface) is texture. ;)

N

I'm ok with that, but it's a rather old model right now ^^ That's what makes me to jump in the air (understand "crazy") and make me think "this is a shortcut".
Anyway, hope this new model will looks like good IG. ( idea : a great thing would be to give the possibility to switch off these shining neons... because not very furtive for a spy :/).

EDIT: did you received my email about the french forum ?

NAPPER
11-05-06, 18:48
the dev team has been working on it for a few months
thats a bit poor isnt it i mean comon shouldnt they be able to do it it quicker then that

[ edited ]

calim
11-05-06, 18:54
thats a bit poor isnt it i mean comon shouldnt they be able to do it it quicker then that

But here it is what nidhogg said:

Is this what the dev team have been working on solely for the last few months? Absolutely not.

cRazy-
11-05-06, 18:54

Napper are you on some sort of special needs program or something?

Is this what the dev team have been working on solely for the last few months? Absolutely not.

NAPPER
11-05-06, 19:13
shhhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone ok : )

NAPPER
11-05-06, 19:16
Napper are you on some sort of special needs program or something?

shhhhhhhh dont tell anyone

Mr Kot
11-05-06, 19:49
Is there an echo in here? o_O

or wear the Neon PA, and say Pwned, while dancing to "Staying Alive"

Then you can laugh at the whining when they complain they got owned by a Mobile disco with a Xbow! :D :lol:

/me votes for a 70s dance emote with the next patch.

and multicoloured rezzes for the ppus to complete the disco look ;)

unreal
11-05-06, 19:52
Is this what the dev team have been working on solely for the last few months? Absolutely not. Have we tried to intimate that it's a whole new PA? Nope. Do artists fix bugs? Nope. Does this thread have anything at all to do with Click2Pay? Er, no. Please stay on topic, that being the topic presented in Snow's original post, i.e. a newly textured PA.It's not technically to do with this thread, since it's main topic is about the PA, but it's regarding the full patch #157 itself, which there's no really official place to post about such things. I was simply noting that very little seems to be done graphics/content wise, are they all working on GTR2 instead? How do Reakktor expect to keep the interest/population up if patches are rare, let alone patches that bring in content? This in turn led to the fact that there would be more customers if someone could be bothered to do something about adding an extra payment method, such as PayPal, that people would trust and be able to use easily. It really is a huge problem. Lots of people have already cancelled due to not being able to pay trustfully, or due to problems with Click2Pay itself. Or of course, not seeing the promised patches being added. The last good patching was at Christmas last year I think.

Anyway, thought I would explain why I brought it up specifically, enough said about Click2Pay, etc.

I do like the idea behind the PA though. It's good to look different than every other capped PA wearing clone. But from the current state of Terra, it looks like everyone will be wearing it. :rolleyes: Hopefully it means I'll get more people after me, which adds to the fun.

Is there any hint at how long it'll be before the patch arrives?

NAPPER
11-05-06, 20:07
sorry try to remove the first one but ended up with 2 my bad :)

ashley watts
11-05-06, 20:10
NOOOO DONT MAKE IT WoC, :(:(:( looks so damn SCHWEET

giga191
11-05-06, 20:32
Napper are you on some sort of special needs program or something? couldn't have put it better myself :lol:

Napper if you want to find me irl go to oxford, cherwell sixth form and just ask for the hardest man there.

EDIT: btw, it's not exactly the first time you've made a comment that dumb.

NAPPER
11-05-06, 21:17
dude you dont even know me you are saying i need special needs because
i said somthing wrong omg woot woot bbq

and the things that i said in this post was what i think is right if im the only one then oh well ill get over it

but the point i thought this was a forum for ideas and things you may think my idea is shit and dumb

at the end of a day this is a game

Scanner Darkly
11-05-06, 21:43
Looks pretty dapper to me. I was hoping for a camo suit a la Ghost in the Shell, but I'll try and live with my disappointment.

ROZZER187
11-05-06, 23:34
would like a spy camo pa :D

its ok i guess but its looks pretty similar to the existing models i guess i just expected a little more.........well actually i didn't expect woc pa :confused: gg.

more fire
11-05-06, 23:34
lol giga thinks hes god face it man ure a shit pvper always was always will be :P

anyways good job kk anything new is kool maybe u guys wanna spice tanks up a bit?

giga191
11-05-06, 23:59
dude you dont even know me you are saying i need special needs because
i said somthing wrong omg woot woot bbq

and the things that i said in this post was what i think is right if im the only one then oh well ill get over it

but the point i thought this was a forum for ideas and things you may think my idea is shit and dumb

You still don't get it do you....

Saying that the PA doesn't look good is your opinion and I accept that, but saying that they should have been fixing bugs instead of doing this is retarded. KK hire dedicated graphics people who have make all the skins, models and effects. I am 90% sure that they don't know how to program, and it's probably not part of their job description, so saying that they should have been programming (i.e. bug fixing) is quite pointless to put it nicely. While they are making the graphics, the programmers work on bug fixing, balancing etc etc.

Do you understand yet, or would you like me to make a picture book on it?

@ buju banton aka more fire:
1) when was the last time you saw me ingame?
2) last time i checked, you weren't exactly decent yourself, even without considering some of the programs that you try to use to make yourself better
3) i am god

kurai
12-05-06, 08:39
If you like the look of it and want to show off your leet WOC skillz then wear it around town. If you want to keep a low profile, don't. That's a pretty piss-poor answer, to be perfectly frank.

The majority view so far is "nice idea, dodgy implementation".
How hard would it really be to just change the colour palette of the highlighting to something less garish ?
60 seconds work at most ?

You really think "decision made - lump it" as opposed to keeping customers happy with a trivially easy change is the way forward ? :rolleyes:

Necpock
12-05-06, 08:42
I like the PA, but I like the hint of retail bug fixes better :D

Spermy
12-05-06, 09:19
That's a pretty piss-poor answer, to be perfectly frank.

How hard would it really be to just change the colour palette of the highlighting to something less garish ?

You really think "decision made - lump it" as opposed to keeping customers happy with a trivially easy change is the way forward ? :rolleyes:

Anything like last time, they'd have to go all the way back to rocketbox to get them to do any kind of change.

http://www.rocketbox.de/neocron2.htm

Which sucks a tad.

What also sucks is last time I enquired, no one bothered to explain the situation. Are they just outsourced, or does thier business constitute the entirety of this " art department" ?

cRazy-
12-05-06, 10:03
Anything like last time, they'd have to go all the way back to rocketbox to get them to do any kind of change.

http://www.rocketbox.de/neocron2.htm

Which sucks a tad.

What also sucks is last time I enquired, no one bothered to explain the situation. Are they just outsourced, or does thier business constitute the entirety of this " art department" ?

I would of thought KK has redrawn the Textures themselves. Even I can do that and I cant model, UV map or texture anything to save my life.

Brammers
12-05-06, 11:30

How can you all say "dodgy implementation" when the patch hasn't even been released? You have only seen one screenshot for 1 PA, out of a possible 48 PA's? (I think it's 48 including Camo PA's)

cRazy-
12-05-06, 11:41

People like Kurai seem to keep forgetting that this forum is a minoritive percentage of the overall Playerbase. Their must be what, 20-30 people who have posted so far? Even then not everyone who has posted hates it.

I think its personally a wise decision for KK to not keep chopping and changing everything because a couple of players out of Hundreds say it looks crap. If there isnt a majoritive attack against a certain aspect of the game then leave it how it is until other players can be bothered to vent their opinions (unless a certain idea or implementation is unbiasedly awful and recieves 0-1% positive comments from players).

Argent
12-05-06, 12:00

First of all, I like the PA. We really can't tell what's it gonna look ingame, but for now it looks ok, you might even like that after all.

And anyway, to me it looks like it requires balls to wear something different and colorfull instead of the usual colors. If you ain't got the balls, use the normal PAs when fighting, they don't differ in the stats area as previously stated. If you got balls, stealth out in front of the enemy and blast his balls off while running around in that black disco suit.

Yeah, balls.

Bugs Gunny
12-05-06, 13:56
I'll only wear that piece of crap if it comes in pink glow... yeah that's right bitch, PINK GLOW!

kurai
12-05-06, 14:18
How can you all say "dodgy implementation" when the patch hasn't even been released? You have only seen one screenshot for 1 PA, out of a possible 48 PA's? (I think it's 48 including Camo PA's)That's a pretty damn obtuse response.

a) The implementation referred to was the artistic concept. That's all I *can* refer to, since that's all that's been shown. If you imagined I was talking about anything else then adjust your own assumptions.

b) You are confusing your terms. There are 34 Power Armour database items (excluding AntiRad and NCPD suits). Of those 34 items there are 10 skins (and calling 8 of those `skins` is being generous - they are simple colour tints ) on 4 models.

On the assumption that you actually read the rest of the thread you'll know that the base models aren't being altered. I leave it to you to make a guess about how many actual new skins there will be. (Hint: I'll bet you a considerable sum it isn't 34)

People like Kurai seem to keep forgetting that this forum is a minoritive percentage of the overall Playerbase. Their must be what, 20-30 people who have posted so far? Even then not everyone who has posted hates it.

I think its personally a wise decision for KK to not keep chopping and changing everything because a couple of players out of Hundreds say it looks crap. If there isnt a majoritive attack against a certain aspect of the game then leave it how it is until other players can be bothered to vent their opinions (unless a certain idea or implementation is unbiasedly awful and recieves 0-1% positive comments from players).I chose my words carefully, as always.

I said `majority` because that's what it is. Go back and count the preference when an opinion was expressed - it's about 2:1 against that particular artistic concept.

The remark about forum readers being a subset of the total playerbase is rather fatuous. It's the only proportion of the base that has expressed an opinion, so it's the only part of the base about which you can say anything at all.

Unexpressed opinions can't be counted for either side of the argument - you will simply be projecting your own preference without evidence.

Touching on the last point - *now* is the best time to try and get something changed - *before* it hits retail.
Surely I don't need to point out exactly why for you ?

nellus
12-05-06, 14:44
Isnt it just a new WoC power armour there talking about implementing?

So that would only be about 8 new PA's if they do them all!

giga191
12-05-06, 14:59

You really think "decision made - lump it" as opposed to keeping customers happy with a trivially easy change is the way forward ? :rolleyes: There's probably more people here who like it than dislike it, and forum users are generally more whiney than people who just play.

Dribble Joy
12-05-06, 15:19
Simply changing the colour palette mwouldn't be enough I think. Unlike the NC1 textures, the NC2 texture quality is much higher. They would have to go back to their original photoshop files (assuming they still have them and that they used photoshop or similar) and assuming they had the highlights in their own layer and redo them completely.

Brammers
12-05-06, 16:10
That's a pretty damn obtuse response.

Yes I can be very blunt and to the point in my replies.

And thank you for emphasising the point I’ve made. 34 or 48 PA’s it doesn’t matter. If you get everyone in a line all with different PA’s people will still see 34 or 48 PA’s different PA’s, whether it’s in a "Dulux standard blue" colour or "I just got fried by a Grim Chaser" black colour look. It’s still 34 PA’s whether you call them "34 Power Armour database items" or 34 Power Armours.

So to be blunt to the point again, stop confusing everyone by reposting what I just posted, and trying to changes the terms in a obtuse way.

But I just don't get why people when being negative, have to post constantly that it’s crap, and moan like hell, and get picky about it etc. You made your point, move on!

Apocalypsox
12-05-06, 16:22
if it comes in green, ill be happy :D

but tbh...make it look less like a hacknet skin...

Dogface
12-05-06, 16:52
Shut the fuck up and appreciate the fact that you even got something.

It looks damn sweet.

RogerRamjet
12-05-06, 17:29
There needs to be Adam Ant Power Armour.

http://usera.imagecave.com/MrLuke/adamantPA.bmp.jpg

Dribble Joy
12-05-06, 17:34
Damn straight.

CLOTHES!!!

RogerRamjet
12-05-06, 17:40
Damn straight.

CLOTHES!!!

That would be amazing.

Dribble Joy
12-05-06, 17:45
I want a top hat and a big arse cloak.

unreal
12-05-06, 18:55
How about more than just covered up nipples tbh? A 1week old baby has even chewed on a big pair of boobs, even if they can't remember it. Anyone that's at least 10 years old would have seen or felt a nice juicy pair, it's not like it needs "parental supervision" in this day and age. They're probably downloading porn via the internet anyway. o_O Neocron players shouldn't be age group of people watching Sesame Street or The Gummi Bears (ftw) to begin with. :p

PS. This is a request of someone unknown *cough*. lol

StevenJ
12-05-06, 18:55
I think this may be stating the obvious, however if you up your gamma a little, as you generally would in-game, it is very dark indeed - but there is more to it than a pure black PA with neon piping.. and the neon looks less luminous with less contrast between the grey and orange. I think it looks better viewed like that [though I like it anyhow].

I'd say that more choice = good.

Necpock
13-05-06, 01:33
So will there be a PSI WoC PA????

zii
13-05-06, 03:42
In case it hasn't been said here:

T.R.O.N

Can we have light cycles as well ;P

Looks cool.

giga191
13-05-06, 11:35
So will there be a PSI WoC PA???? yes, read the original post....

NAPPER
13-05-06, 17:22
the thing is will you need to do a quest to get or will you be able to buy it in stores ????

CMaster
13-05-06, 17:45
the thing is will you need to do a quest to get or will you be able to buy it in stores ????
We'll see.
My guess is there'll be some kind of task you have to do.

unreal
13-05-06, 18:00
I wouldn't be surprised if they just scimped on making a quest/mission script and made use of the Tsunami FSM instead. But if there is a mission, no Engrish please. :rolleyes:

CMaster
13-05-06, 18:17
I wouldn't be surprised if they just scimped on making a quest/mission script and made use of the Tsunami FSM instead. But if there is a mission, no Engrish please. :rolleyes:

What you say? Talk well NPCs you hope they will? Give recipies transparent to make easiest?

NAPPER
13-05-06, 18:42
lol be funny if you need a woc disk to get it lol : )

Hell-demon
13-05-06, 18:44
no Engrish please

I'm heavily busy...GO AWAY!

Pantho
13-05-06, 23:30
ARG! If its not droppable and reps to 120/120 it would own

NAPPER
14-05-06, 00:06
but if your setup was made up with no pa would you lom to wear it anyone ????

ROZZER187
14-05-06, 03:24
but if your setup was made up with no pa would you lom to wear it anyone ????

who said you had to pvp in it? :p
like i said before i think it aint bad but i guess i expected............well something a little different.a tad different.......am i making any sense? it is 2:30am and im tired and drunk :lol:

Dribble Joy
14-05-06, 03:34
I expect (and hope) it's a run/quest. Having it in shops is too easy and a bit boring really. WoC stuff is also generally not a comertially availiable commodity.

nobby
14-05-06, 03:50
Yay !!!

We wait god knows how many years for a Stealing Mobile Disco!

cRazy-
14-05-06, 04:14
Imo I would be happy with the WoC PA being like normal PA except it has a 2D sprite glow around the body coming out about 10cm's, faint but noticable.

It would give the appearence of a god/holy/hard-as-fucking-nails like figure.

unreal
14-05-06, 07:20
It would give the appearence of a god/holy/hard-as-fucking-nails like figure.Good job you can't wear it then eh Crazy. :rolleyes:

Argh, I wish this patch would hurry up and get patched in. I haven't played Neocron apart from signing in for maybe 10mins (yesterday I logged in, stealthed, genrepped to plaza 1, got stuck in sync, and got owned by the guards, since I was an FA runner), noone wants to PvP at all, unless it's the queer zone whores at MB. Hopefully this PA will bring a bit of activity back, and make people want to actually PvP. For some reason people are too scared of dropping their easily replacable items (like their 5 slot shelters, 5 slot deflectors, etc), even when you usually drop a piece of cheap armour half the time.

giga191
14-05-06, 09:30
If people come back, it wouldn't be for these PAs, but the bug fixes.

NAPPER
14-05-06, 10:13

i have to agree with you on this one tbh

nellus
14-05-06, 10:39

I agree aswell but atleast it gives the rest of us players something else. And as DJ says i hope there is a quest to do to gain your neoglow power armour, then it gives us something else to do another challenge to conquer.

unreal
14-05-06, 11:37
If people come back, it wouldn't be for these PAs, but the bug fixes.Well that's obvious, because most people won't even be able to wear the PA, but they might come back to see what they look like. Apart from that, the "bug fix" side of the patch will be extremely minimal I'm sure. It'll most likely include things like "oh, this tree floats in the air because of the new models, it's now been fixed so it no longer happens", and other small things that have almost no effect on us.

Zheo
14-05-06, 18:18
So instead of balancing and bug fixing we get WOC pa which unless you have a disk or have already got WOC it's pointless? Well geeze I'm looking forward to it so much! You know it's quite easy to tell a WOC character from a normal one usually their the ones using a BLOODY WOC WEAPON! Incase that had slipped anyones notice. I don't care if they go around wearing some black PA, I do care if they have a clip size of 30 with a ROF of 1 compaired with my ROF of 4 and my clip size of 20! Also when they go skipping through walls or hit me when I cant see them, or seem to miss me but still do damage, that kinda does bug me more than the colour of their PA!

Tratos
14-05-06, 18:24
So instead of balancing and bug fixing we get WOC pa which unless you have a disk or have already got WOC it's pointless? Well geeze I'm looking forward to it so much! You know it's quite easy to tell a WOC character from a normal one usually their the ones using a BLOODY WOC WEAPON! Incase that had slipped anyones notice. I don't care if they go around wearing some black PA, I do care if they have a clip size of 30 with a ROF of 1 compaired with my ROF of 4 and my clip size of 20! Also when they go skipping through walls or hit me when I cant see them, or seem to miss me but still do damage, that kinda does bug me more than the colour of their PA!
You win the May 2006 "I havnt read the thread award"! Congratulations!

This is a content spoiler, not a patch notes preview. There will be of course several fixes for known problems with the next Retail Patch.

giga191
14-05-06, 19:23
You win the May 2006 "I havnt read the thread award"! Congratulations! aye, it's getting a bit stupid

Zheo
14-05-06, 20:34

Cant edit the post so:

EDIT: failed to read Nidhoggs post. My bad.

Toxen
17-05-06, 11:50
Don't want to read all the banter, but I'll whack my two cent's in the screenie of the new pa texture, looks crap. I looks like someones gone through with orange marker on all the highlights, That PA's going to Stand out a mile away, may aswell nail a 20ft neon sign to spy's head saying im here shoot me. Also looks vaguely tron'ish

unreal
17-05-06, 12:02
Looks like Reakktor are playing that online tron game too then. ;)

Kierz
17-05-06, 13:58
For the love of god put nidhogs post as a quote in the first post so people actually read it, and jeez can people really not understand the difference between programmers and graphic designers.

The PA itself could look like a pile of shit to you, or look totally amazing (I'll wait to see it/them ingame for myself) but at least it's different, which I'm sure is what KK intended. People have complained for long enough that everyone looks the same, practicly 10-20 different looks, 10 pa's + non-pa, most of which use just the 10 different pa's.

Also now we actually have a reason to get woc on a monk and tank (no I don't count the useless knuckles that are actually worse than the dentist - despite being higher TL). AND imo a good thing, it doesn't make you overpowered, just a notable difference.

I seriously hope the tank/pe/monk woc pa's aren't just the same black/neon look as this one.

Dogface
17-05-06, 15:50
For the love of god put nidhogs post as a quote in the first post so people actually read it, and jeez can people really not understand the difference between programmers and graphic designers.

The PA itself could look like a pile of shit to you, or look totally amazing (I'll wait to see it/them ingame for myself) but at least it's different, which I'm sure is what KK intended. People have complained for long enough that everyone looks the same, practicly 10-20 different looks, 10 pa's + non-pa, most of which use just the 10 different pa's.

Also now we actually have a reason to get woc on a monk and tank (no I don't count the useless knuckles that are actually worse than the dentist - despite being higher TL). AND imo a good thing, it doesn't make you overpowered, just a notable difference.

I seriously hope the tank/pe/monk woc pa's aren't just the same black/neon look as this one.

Couldn't have said it better !

RusSki
19-05-06, 17:06
And 9 days later still no news about the up coming patch.

"up coming patch" suggesting that is was due soon.

Tratos
19-05-06, 18:08
I thought last week as thursday rolled by...ah well it'll more than likley be out next week.

Thursday has been and gone again :( surly next week? i might log in for more than an hour if anything good happens with the patch.

aKe`cj
19-05-06, 20:42
surly next week?

Within the next 14 days... thats my guess :)

Apocalypsox
20-05-06, 07:20
tbh i have a very strange feeling that the new PEPA (if there is one) will be the one on the offical website O.O (the uber bionic looking suit) i sware to fucking christ i would cap a PE and get WoC just for that

Dogface
20-05-06, 15:35
It won't be.

aKe`cj
20-05-06, 15:37
It won't be.

I second that... the regant model was already seen ingame months ago.. ;)

giga191
21-05-06, 11:58
*votes regants PA for PE dex woc 2*

unreal
21-05-06, 13:33
Is there any news on when patch 157 is going to be released? The spoiler was released 2weeks and 2days ago now, is the patch anywhere close to seeing the light of day?

If not, then showing a screenshot of PA that most people won't even be able to wear in a patch we're not going to see for a long time isn't going keep people interested. Lack of development activity, as seen by the community, is starting to bore me quite a bit too.

Sorry for another "complaining" type post Nidhogg, but there's not much else I can really say at the moment. These messages really need to be sent to Reakktor, so they can get a move on (not the implant, although they might need one the way things are going :p).

Jodo
22-05-06, 14:09
Is there any news on when patch 157 is going to be released? The spoiler was released 2weeks and 2days ago now, is the patch anywhere close to seeing the light of day?

If not, then showing a screenshot of PA that most people won't even be able to wear in a patch we're not going to see for a long time isn't going keep people interested. Lack of development activity, as seen by the community, is starting to bore me quite a bit too.

Sorry for another "complaining" type post Nidhogg, but there's not much else I can really say at the moment. These messages really need to be sent to Reakktor, so they can get a move on (not the implant, although they might need one the way things are going :p).

So, if they waited until it was closer to patch time, you and many others would be bitching about no news whatsoever regarding patches. Give it a fucking rest and give them a chance. Has your dog died recently or something? You do nothing but fucking whine.

msdong
22-05-06, 15:27
So, if they waited until it was closer to patch time, you and many others would be bitching about no news whatsoever regarding patches. Give it a fucking rest and give them a chance. Has your dog died recently or something? You do nothing but fucking whine.

but he is right. 2 weeks from an gfx anouncement to the patch is a lot of time, if you see that the last last patch that insert new "content" was in march.i can only hope that they are busy programming the balance changes and new toys .

Brammers
22-05-06, 15:29

Get your date format the right way around! The news came out on the 10 May 2006 not 5 May 2006 - So thats 1 week and 6 days ago.

Tratos
22-05-06, 16:15
Would have been nice to get another shot of one of the other PAs in the wait ;)

Is there going to be different designs and colours for each WoC level or is it the same effect?

unreal
22-05-06, 21:25
Get your date format the right way around! The news came out on the 10 May 2006 not 5 May 2006 - So thats 1 week and 6 days ago.Err, oops, read it wrong, my mistake there, at the time I posted I had drank about 3/4 of a large bottle of vodka. :p The difference is somewhat small at the moment anyhow.
I thought last week as thursday rolled by...ah well it'll more than likley be out next week. Thursday has been and gone again :( surly next week? i might log in for more than an hour if anything good happens with the patch.It would be a nice gesture round about now to give us some general date other than "soon" or "coming shortly" or anything similair, so we aren't just sitting here day by day thinking "hopefully something is going to be happening today, might be worth logging in for more than 30mins". Two entire clans have said they won't be returning to Neocron until the end of June, because they're just tired of the inactivity.

We just need something to go off, as Tratos mentioned, maybe another quick screenshot would be nice, or just even a non-specific time for when the patch will be released, such as "a week" or "2 weeks" from now.

Tratos
22-05-06, 22:37
Well here's hoping for Thursday (again :p)!

/setpatch rumour_mill 1

aKe`cj
22-05-06, 22:47

I second that :angel:

...june or july tho' ??? :confused: :D

Jodo
23-05-06, 02:36
So,… if they release it too early without a proper test, customers leave...
If they take their time and make sure as much as the patch is working as they possibly can, you all throw a tantrum and leave...
Exactly what is the best solution here guys/gals? Everyone was pissed off with n1 dynamics and it was falling apart (apparently).
So, new management and directors were enlisted and a new tactic was employed. You're all still pissed off...
From what I can see, a good few players from n1, that no longer bother, were filthy little hackershits anyway. (We need only check certain forums who claim to be the spirit of the "Real n1" to confirm this).
But, have any of you tried to run a business really? (I'm sure there must be a couple of you out there). Well, I've played a major role in one over the last few years, and trust me, sometimes, no news is good news. It means nothing has fucked up, or something did fuck up and we're now fixing it or have it sussed.
I hate writing long posts but a lot of you have really spouted some crap, just because KK art Dep tried to give you a glimpse of the next patch.
Why the hell should they give you anymore in future? Because its good customer relations? Apparently not for some of you. I don't know what you expect from them. It appears to be miracles or divine gifts.

msdong
23-05-06, 08:40

/setpatch rumour_mill 1

nahh, its a holiday in germany.

Dribble Joy
24-05-06, 19:53
If you hadn't noticed.... (http://www.votr-mag.com/?p=142)