PDA

View Full Version : Give us an AOE rhino

Bugs Gunny
10-05-06, 08:44
This morning and the day before i ran into the same people with a rhino, rumbling engine, screeching metal of the wheels, instilled fear.
And then......

"pieuw pieuw pieuw".....

Right....

How about KK gives us at least a 4x4 V3 which only has a machinegun in the back (20mm) and a bigass aoe cannon with slow rate of fire?

unreal
10-05-06, 09:04
Would be a pretty sexy vehicle, but there's a slight problem involving its PvP side of things. Every clan (or in other words, Death Row and Freedom Force) will fetch one along and have an extra zillion PPU para buttpluggs with them. It'll make them para spam twice as much, because it'll be able to shoot stealthers and easily ******** (beep) everyone zoning out of the UG. Depends how much damage it dishes out though I guess.

I would be happy simply with a fusion turret, that doesn't do AoE, simply because of the different damage type (hopefully) and the style of weapon. There needs to be some more variations of weapons in this game, rather than just different level clones of one another.

Superbron
10-05-06, 09:09
Lol, nice idea Bugs. I would love to drive such a vehicle!

yavimaya
10-05-06, 09:22
How about KK gives us at least a 4x4 V3 which only has a machinegun in the back (20mm) and a bigass aoe cannon with slow rate of fire?

From that description its hard to picture what you mean, but i would absolutely love a new Tank.

One that needs fairly high dex or int to drive, and WOC str 1 to Gun, preferably usable by one of todays Rhino PE's who has WOC, once he changes to dex/int imps instead of str, even if they have to gimp recycle/ repair for TC/ VHC.

I also beleive it should have a 20mm MiniGun, but situated on the front "bonnet" - a small turret just infront and below the normal turret on a normal tank - and usable by the driver. <- i understand ill be flamed for this.

It as Bugs said would need an AOE cannon, i would prefer the "blue electricity" AOE, like the MR drones.

Brammers
10-05-06, 10:33
Nice idea bugs!

It as Bugs said would need an AOE cannon, i would prefer the "blue electricity" AOE, like the MR drones.

MR - Missile Rocket Drone, think you mean the RG Drones (Raygun drones)

Personally I would go for a Fusion Cannon Rhino, but I do have a Fusion Fetish atm. ;)

Scanner Darkly
10-05-06, 10:36
^^Hi Brammy! Phoenix running PVP trourneys now?

I like this idea, but only if I can have an optional yoghurt cannon mod and a driver suit that looks like Bobo the clown.

Zheo
10-05-06, 10:39
This morning and the day before i ran into the same people with a rhino, rumbling engine, screeching metal of the wheels, instilled fear.
And then......

"pieuw pieuw pieuw".....

Right....

I have a better idea and i'm sure you'll agree Bugs, how about the ability to "mod" your vehicle with different weapons? So say the vehicle starts with 1 slot and you get to pick what weapon you put on, from plasma, to rockets. That would mean you could see a chain gun Rhino, or a Ray Cannon Rhino zooming around. It would be difficult, and perhaps they would simply need to bring out different rhinos etc. I'm not sure how it would be done but if it could be done it'd be awsome!

giga191
10-05-06, 10:51
Defo a good idea, but maybe keep the primary gun, and another seat for the AOE.

Bugs Gunny
10-05-06, 11:08
A rhino with the lasercannon and aoe would be way overpowered.
It doesn't even need to have the 20mm gun actualy, just something that shoots like a speedgat woud be enough.

Maybe a rocketbattery rhino?

And yes, they would be used at opfights, but isn't it about time people start using vehicles at opfights?

Imagine an opfight where the enemy has taken one op and you know they're going for the next one, you all dig in and then you see 2 rocketbatteries apear over the hill, hc tanks using moonies and the rockets from the batteries barraging the opentrance and walls as the force comes running down the hill.

Or how about you're in the wastes and you see this rhino, you try to hide behind trees but the explosions around you tear away at your armor.....

Dribble Joy
10-05-06, 11:13
If PPUs are ever fixed, vehicles will make a bigger appearance. Against solo or small groups of non-PPUed runners vehicles are insane.

As to an AoE rhino weapon, I might have to be the voice of doubt here. I'd rather there be direct weapons on vehicles, AoE takes too much skill out of things.
Rhino laser sound needs to be beefed up though.

Not to mention that it would bring a new meaning to 'barreling the UG'.

Brammers
10-05-06, 11:16
^^Hi Brammy! Phoenix running PVP trourneys now?

OT: Yeap see http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133311

RaekOne
10-05-06, 11:18
Defo a good idea, but maybe keep the primary gun, and another seat for the AOE.

agreed, a rhino with 2 different seats requiring a bigger rhino team to operate.

It would be lots of fun :)

giga191
10-05-06, 11:22
A rhino with the lasercannon and aoe would be way overpowered.
..... as raek said, it takes 3 people to use it, so i don't think it would be overpowered.

Dribble Joy
10-05-06, 11:35
Hovertanks!

Surely the BPs of the old Ceres War hovertanks must be around, and it's not like they couldn't be put in.

giga191
10-05-06, 11:54
and mechs!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

RaekOne
10-05-06, 12:36
Im sure I saw some screenies for Mechs ages ago...what ever happened to that??

Reading this thread gives me an idea...

Lets all go play Planetside

:)

Mr Kot
10-05-06, 13:32
Vehicles are powerful enough without the need for AoE, much for the reasons that Unreal stated. The laser vehicle cannon does do a limited amount of splash damage anyway. I've even heard it can hit stealthers.

Given WoC levelling is such a grind without AoE, it would be nice to make AoE available to all classes with a reasonable amount of damage. If tanks can have their rare rocket launchers, us PEs want them too.

I want to push KK again for a *rare* rocket pistol, say TL104 or so. Rifle users could go two ways here: either introduce a line of rocket rifles, including a rare version, or tweak the fusion rifles and Redeemer so it does AoE like the fusion cannons do.

Dribble Joy
10-05-06, 14:23
KK have stated several times that rifles will not get AoE. I'm not to hot about a pistol rocket rare, I'd rather see an anti vehicle mod for the tangent rocket pistol.

unreal
10-05-06, 14:56
Given WoC levelling is such a grind without AoE, it would be nice to make AoE available to all classes with a reasonable amount of damage. If tanks can have their rare rocket launchers, us PEs* want them too.

I want to push KK again for a *rare* rocket pistol, say TL104 or so. Rifle users could go two ways here: either introduce a line of rocket rifles, including a rare version, or tweak the fusion rifles and Redeemer so it does AoE like the fusion cannons do.* = Cough, don't forget the humble Spy. :p

I've probably mentioned this the odd time before today, but along with a relatively good AoE weapon for pistol and rifle users, I would love to see a sexy homing rocket pistol. I would use that just because it's so sexy, even sexyer than owning a PPU with my trusty 5 slot poison modded nailgun with flashlight. :cool:

Apocalypsox
10-05-06, 15:51
i want a rhino with a missle launcher, that fires tomahawks.

Sylow
10-05-06, 16:06
KK have stated several times that rifles will not get AoE. I'm not to hot about a pistol rocket rare, I'd rather see an anti vehicle mod for the tangent rocket pistol.
Now, i'd love to replacy my current rocket pistol with a rare one.

Though, since i assume (or at least hope) that the gap between normal and rare weapons will somewhat shrink during the rebalance, i assume that pushing for it is not a primary objective.

On the topic of AOE-vehicles, i'd also very much love to be able to customize them. Packing a heavier gun or a missile tube on my hovertech would be a start, reconfiguring other vehicles would even be nicer. :)

My only worries are, i assume that every vehicle would need to be coded in every variant to implement this system. A lot of work and i assume it won't be done within the rebalancing... though, i'd be happy to see it happen. :)

i want a rhino with a missle launcher, that fires tomahawks.
You're speaking of axes or cruise missiles? Within the system of NC, axes would make more sense, a cruise missile would barely be armed when shooting from NC to DoY... ;)

msdong
10-05-06, 16:47
fusion Tank would be it - with AOE is one of my favorit thoughts too.

or just a balistic tank using rockets to shot over op walls and hills:

http://www.twilight-guardian.info/ncforum/RhinoVX.jpg

ROZZER187
10-05-06, 16:53
very sexy tbh, couldn't picture it at first. nice one ;)

RaekOne
10-05-06, 17:22
Another option would be to have a man hole tye thing, where a standard user can sit in and use his normal weapon. With his top half poking out

He would still be targetable but could also use his weapon whilst travelling on the rhino. Much like you see in real life with soldiers in tanks....

Sylow
10-05-06, 17:36
A first step into that direction would be to allow the passenger on the reveller or on the barbie car to use a weapon.

Though, vehicle weaponry (except on the rhino) would need to be beefed up a lot to still be used at all in this case. The 20mm or 30mm cannons for example currently fall short a lot in comparison to a 9mm pistol...

It would be interesting to have this feature "open for testing" during rebalancing then we could see if it could work or not. (Assuming that it can be done at all, i am not sure if vehicles can properly support a handgun firing passenger... )

Dribble Joy
10-05-06, 18:13
'Slotted' vehicles have allways been a dream. Different weapons or other items to go into a 'slot' on the vehicle.

Apocalypsox
10-05-06, 22:43
'Slotted' vehicles have allways been a dream. Different weapons or other items to go into a 'slot' on the vehicle.

i thought those where already ingame, i had a 16 slot scout glider in early NC2!!

ashley watts
10-05-06, 23:52
good idea but as second poster said (summit like that), people would just OP whore and wipe everything out, unless they were MUCH weaker than there laser counterpart or when it blew up u went with it to but good idea ^^ would be fun to gun one.

msdong
11-05-06, 08:54
the VHC armour against anti VHC weapons is OK. its just that any other damage source cause to much damage.
i really wait for the VHC discussion in the Balance forum, because i think the usual weapons like pistol, rifle, melee and PSI sould only scratch the color of the metal.
if there are a lot of VHC there are a lot tanks and PEs unsing anti VHC guns.

solling
11-05-06, 09:03
a doybomber bombing the ug is ALRDY devastating but they dont come to all ops fights they are rare why ? i think the requirements make the aoe rhino have as high requirements as a doy bomber and they will stil be rare but very good

unreal
11-05-06, 09:29
Vehicles in Neocron should be as indestructable as the Toyota Hilux Pickup Truck. I'll refer to the one hammered to near death by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear. He drove into walls and trees, did some careless parking (aka parked it where it would be gulped up by the sea :p), my favourite part of the first clip - dropping a caravan on top of it, whacking it with the holy ball of destruction, then setting it on fire. To no avail, it still works. Then in the next part they do the unspeakable deed of sticking it on top of a building that's about to be demolished, using explosives. It still works.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k71HB370d2U
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBa978q6WYQ

Give vehicles double or triple their current health and increase their resists, so that conventional weapons or spells do considerably less damage. A pure APU with a Holy Lightning could destroy a Quad in a few shots. Someone with pistols or rifles takes twice as long. Vehicles are damaged way too easily at the moment, one of the many reasons that hardly anyone but LE'd people use a transport vehicle other than a Quad or Reveler. The anti-vehicle rocket launcher is a pretty good vehicle killer as it is at the moment I think, but with the sort of modification mentioned above, they should be tweaked to be a bit more powerful maybe.

Heavyporker
11-05-06, 09:33
fusion Tank would be it - with AOE is one of my favorit thoughts too.

or just a balistic tank using rockets to shot over op walls and hills:

http://www.twilight-guardian.info/ncforum/RhinoVX.jpg

*gurgles*

That's one of the sexiest things I've ever seen in Neocron. KK... Please implement this. Tomahawk-launching Rhinos would rule. Slow rof, massive AoE, solid damage, ungodly expensive ammo... sounds perfectly balanced.

Bugs Gunny
11-05-06, 10:11
Why not let people buy nukes at a cost of 5 mil a rocket?
You place it with a cster at 150 tl, then you can rightclick it and it opens up an F9 map, you target the coordinate, click launch and off it goes, devastating everything in the entire zone, then there's poisonbarrels going off in the zone for another 12 ingame hours. And then off course it has to start snowing in the zone :-)

Now THAT's post apoc.....

Kierz
11-05-06, 10:24
Bring in the hovertank as a 2 person woc machine, needing int woc to drive and str woc to gun.. and give it it's own kind of firing method... or just give it an aoe ion cannon.

Also the rocket pistol should be warbot style homing rocket and not aoe, like this a rare version would be pretty cool around TL90 (can't be higher than 93 cause rifles should be higher TL) or actually seeing as TL90 is the TL you use for drop-only weapons like Chaos Queen Flame Ava, Judgement Day Launcher etc, maybe have a drop only TL90 low-tech rocket pistol :-)

Oh and passengers being able to use their weapons would be so cool, drive by shooting in a barbie car with a hc tank using cs in the passenger seat ^^ or for the cool effect a Wyatt Earp =)

edit/ don't you think that would be abused *a bit* on poor old cycrow lab bugs? =]

Bugs Gunny
11-05-06, 11:33
At 5 mil a pop?
Nah i don't think so. It would be something that would make it to the neocronicle if it was used at an opwar or something.

Pantho
11-05-06, 12:16
hmmmm Nukes,

Necpock
11-05-06, 12:42
Nuke sounds good, maybe need woc to operate the nuke? Like intel woc?

cRazy-
11-05-06, 12:45
Nuke sounds good, maybe need woc to operate the nuke? Like intel woc?

Now thats a good idea.

Pantho
11-05-06, 12:47
Nukes! We Want Nukes!

Bugs Gunny
11-05-06, 12:56
I'm 40 mil intel off intwoc on my pe.
Too bad they can't get it.

Necpock
11-05-06, 13:00
Or maybe... Hack into hacknet with a intel woc, (involve the storyline in a bit...) get to a terminal somewhere within military base and set it off :/ i dunno

msdong
11-05-06, 22:26
That's one of the sexiest things I've ever seen in Neocron. ...

thx a lot.

the bad thing on that thing is that there is coding envolved to have the rockets fly in an arc. we all know the "massive" free programmer resources of KK ;)
i hope they take the time because it isnt wasted "just" on VHC
it can be used in new (WOC)Guns or in the old gran launcher (anyone erver try to shoot over an OP wall ? - it sucks).

btw, the armed Barbie (well for oldtimers gay Big Jim) VHC would profit too.

the other (old) idea was that one:
http://www.twilight-guardian.info/ncforum/shot0064.jpg

just remove the passenger seats and the (maybe) the 20mm and add a big gun barrel in the new space.
to aim those guns just take scorced Earth as an example. an elevator and an power indikator press the button and here we go.

€:nukes are bad ok !? even more it isnt fun in players hand.

RaekOne
12-05-06, 17:47
Id love to see the ability to shoot whilst sitting in vehicles, but on certain ones...

As for nuke, nice iddea, but do you think at Op wars it would be abused?Look at a "said" clans ability to spend a few million on turrets every day. For sure there would be nukes dropped every 12 hours, even just as a defence to stop others hacking the op!!,

RaekOne
12-05-06, 17:48
a doybomber bombing the ug is ALRDY devastating but they dont come to all ops fights they are rare why ? i think the requirements make the aoe rhino have as high requirements as a doy bomber and they will stil be rare but very good

I will never forget the day of the FF DoY bombing where I killed like more FF then DR....and I killed Rune like 3 times :/