PDA

View Full Version : My new computer

Terayon
09-05-06, 00:39
Havent been playing to much becouse i sold my last videocard, and hopefully my computer. Noone realy wants a socket A.

I bought

opteron 144 proccesor, lapped with no heatspreader and no heatsink
JetWay A210GDMS-Pro motherboard
OCZ EB PLATINUM PC-4000 DDR500 2x1024 kit (Actualy still pending but chances are ill get it)

Now i just have to decide if i want a 7900gt or a x1800xt..

Anyways ill be ingame in about 2 weeks now.

jini
09-05-06, 05:14
Mac OSX? or XP :D:D
nice one Tera... you needed a new pc

calim
09-05-06, 11:30
Now i just have to decide if i want a 7900gt or a x1800xt..

With not heatsink ? :)))

Bugs Gunny
09-05-06, 11:41
You know.... you may have the best computer, but i still have the largest penis !!!

RogerRamjet
09-05-06, 11:57
You know.... you may have the best computer, but i still have the largest penis !!!

Now Bugs, do i need to post pictures again?

naimex
09-05-06, 12:03
#1 Adam Ant Fan

isn't it "Atom Ant" or did I just have bad hearing during all the time it was on Cartoon Network back in the very early 90's...

RogerRamjet
09-05-06, 12:06
isn't it "Atom Ant" or did I just have bad hearing during all the time it was on Cartoon Network back in the very early 90's...

Atom Ant:-
http://www.progressiveboink.com/b/images/hanna/atomant.jpg

Adam Ant:-
http://www.sacfly.net/images/adam_ant.jpeg

:D :D :D :D

Scanner Darkly
09-05-06, 13:16
Assemble, place in large tupperware container, add motor (or vegetable) oil, et voila!

Who the hell needs heatsinks anyway? pah!

I'm holding off building a PC until I have some money. At the moment it's either a Honda CBR 125R (http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Honda/2005/CBR%20125%20R/) and slight starvation over the next 12 months, or a new PC, that I don't really need.

Maybe there's something I'm not seeing here, but why did you get an Optetron and not a Athlon 64 (X2)? Did you choose it for the 2MB lev2 cache? You have a meatier wallet than me, chief.

edit: I guess that makes me the forum's #2 AA fan. I do own a mildly warped vinyl of 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' tho. Beat that!

blackpheonix
09-05-06, 14:29
Assemble, place in large tupperware container, add motor (or vegetable) oil, et voila!

Who the hell needs heatsinks anyway? pah!

I'm holding off building a PC until I have some money. At the moment it's either a Honda CBR 125R (http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Honda/2005/CBR%20125%20R/) and slight starvation over the next 12 months, or a new PC, that I don't really need.

Maybe there's something I'm not seeing here, but why did you get an Optetron and not a Athlon 64 (X2)? Did you choose it for the 2MB lev2 cache? You have a meatier wallet than me, chief.

edit: I guess that makes me the forum's #2 AA fan. I do own a mildly warped vinyl of 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' tho. Beat that!

honda brought out a CBR 125 now i had an NSR 125r about 4 years ago now it was tri colour (red,white,blue) sold it for 2k and teh bloke who brought couldnt get it in his kitchen so started it revved it up and it flew straight into teh cuboards and fucked teh fairing up lol dont think his mother was too happy either.

http://www.dropbears.com/m/models/honda/images/nsr125r.jpg

giga191
09-05-06, 15:04
lapped with no heatspreader and no heatsink
. call me a noob, but what does that mean?

calim
09-05-06, 15:13
call me a noob, but what does that mean?

It means "fanless" :P

giga191
09-05-06, 16:34
It means "fanless" :P wouldn't it die?

Bugs Gunny
09-05-06, 16:44
Usualy that kinda means the heatsink gets a nice polishing job to make more ruface contact on the die of the cpu.
Some people prefer removing the heatspreader.

I think he must be using phase change cooling or watercooling for his rig.

giga191
09-05-06, 17:37
Usualy that kinda means the heatsink gets a nice polishing job to make more ruface contact on the die of the cpu.
Some people prefer removing the heatspreader.
heatspreader being the silver thing on top of the cpu?

cRazy-
09-05-06, 18:06
heatspreader being the silver thing on top of the cpu?

Its a metal cap which is glued to the CPU die or surrounding CPU on most new Pentium 3+ Processors. About 2/3 times the area size of the Die itself.

giga191
09-05-06, 18:27
so why would you take it off?

cRazy-
09-05-06, 18:46
so why would you take it off?

The Heatspreader is Intels attempt to optimise heat transfer throughout the entire Heatsink, therefore making the Heatsink and Fan more efficent, It is also used as protection to prevent the chance of cracking the Die.

It doesnt really make much difference in temps (if you had an ultra thin Space-age Alloy compound Heatspreader it could probably help reduce the CPU temperature, then again its just more mass between the Die and fan, cant argue with Physics, so I'm not sure) its more for the safety aspect.

However if you overclock people normally remove the Heatspreader, with the right Cooling equipment temps should be better without it (Watercoolers ecspecially).

We did a test at work a while ago with RAM Heatspreaders, it turned out you could overclock the Memory about 3-5 mhz higher, which is pretty much useless.

RusSki
09-05-06, 19:29

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... oooohhhh thats funny.. wait i'm not done... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.... Cartoon network, thats brilliant :lol:

Scanner Darkly
09-05-06, 19:30
honda brought out a CBR 125 now i had an NSR 125r about 4 years ago now it was tri colour (red,white,blue) sold it for 2k and teh bloke who brought couldnt get it in his kitchen so started it revved it up and it flew straight into teh cuboards and fucked teh fairing up lol dont think his mother was too happy either.

I don't think I could get away with riding it up a couple of flights of stairs into my apartment. Neighbours might not like it ;) I only just passed my CBT a few weeks ago, and most of my bike experience comes from riding those tough little C90s around Asia.

I heard that the 125cc Honda CBR and NSR are pretty good bikes to learn on. How did you find yours? I don't wanna go mowing down old ladies hanging on to the damn thing by the handlebars.

sorry about the derail

giga191
09-05-06, 19:33
i'd just stick on a zalman, should be enough.

Terayon
09-05-06, 21:00
i'd just stick on a zalman, should be enough.

Actualy i am. My friend has the same cpu i bought but with the heatspreader on clocked at 2.9 gigs atm with just a zalaman heatsink. And i do plan to use phasechange once ocz releases their system :D .

Though i dont know why i said lapped... i mean it dousent matter if the heatspreader that isent installed is lapped or not...

Picked out a geforce bfg 7800gtoc, ya i know they are bad to a 7900gt. Got it becouse it cost me 200$.

giga191
10-05-06, 11:02
dx10 > your pc?

blackpheonix
10-05-06, 16:21
I don't think I could get away with riding it up a couple of flights of stairs into my apartment. Neighbours might not like it ;) I only just passed my CBT a few weeks ago, and most of my bike experience comes from riding those tough little C90s around Asia.

I heard that the 125cc Honda CBR and NSR are pretty good bikes to learn on. How did you find yours? I don't wanna go mowing down old ladies hanging on to the damn thing by the handlebars.

sorry about the derail

yeah imo a very nice bike to ride i never had any trouble with mine and i never hit any old ladies :p, i dont know about teh CBR 125 but i wouldnt thought it be much different from the NSR, its worth buying i might get my self another bike, especially now that summer is around teh corner.