PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining Rares

Tekops
08-05-06, 17:58
Are techs still dropped by WBs and hoverbonbers if so what is the drop rate like?

Brammers
08-05-06, 18:12
Yes they are, and don't forget fire mobs also drop techs as well.

There is a bit of talk on the drop rate at the moment - see http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133887

And if you are going to be a serious rares collector, you may want to use the THN Rares DB http://rares.techhaven.org/

/Shamless plug. :D

Tratos
08-05-06, 18:14
Warbots or Doomreapers/Grim Chasers/Grim Persecutors (Firemobs) are your best bet for techs as hoverbots get stuck in trees etc and are hard to hack and loot.

Drop rate isn't too bad normally about 4 techs in around 15 minutes deppending on the sector, what you're killing them with and what you're killing.

Strife
08-05-06, 19:42
I did pistol spy on warbots to hunt techs, sorta sucks. Much better off getting a rhino and a gunner/driver and doing fire mobs.

If you're non LE'd, i'd get a couple rhinos. Many great vehicle battles when me and my buddy were out leveling zone next to cycrow, blew about 6 people in the 2 weeks we rhino'd, lost once to it being 5am and not watching our health, and one to a fight where we stuck it out when we engaged at 75% health, losing literally, by one shot.

Dribble Joy
08-05-06, 19:49
Grim percis/chasers are terribel for techs at the moment, best firemob to drop them is the doomreaper (I only kill the others for xp/cash/armour parts to make drugs).

WBs are the best source though.

Strife
08-05-06, 20:06
My friend wanted to cap his pe from rhino'ing, so it was sorta like 110 techs for free :)

Pantho
09-05-06, 13:59
I did pistol spy on warbots to hunt techs, sorta sucks. Much better off getting a rhino and a gunner/driver and doing fire mobs.

If you're non LE'd, i'd get a couple rhinos. Many great vehicle battles when me and my buddy were out leveling zone next to cycrow, blew about 6 people in the 2 weeks we rhino'd, lost once to it being 5am and not watching our health, and one to a fight where we stuck it out when we engaged at 75% health, losing literally, by one shot.

We had fun in or Black Dragon Missions, ya know,

To protect the poor firemobs. 2 revlers, 1 ppu, can take down Rhino's in seconds :D>

And when the time called for it, id just go on 1 revler solo on a tank, or a Heavy Trike, :D. As long as you get the first shot off. you normally win.

-as a sidenote tho, it was fucking expensive if i lost on a heavy trike.