PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Honour

ZoVoS
07-05-06, 14:43
Basically after reading the pepper park thread I had an idea how to bring pvp back to the heart of neocron. Giving people incentives to pvp properly (RP pvp not zone hore)

3 New zones Rule sets should be added,

Military zone
Pro alliance zone
Anti alliance zone.

And then a new soul light/simp recording devise should be added called fraction honour

Basically the outskirts of pepper park and outzones, and outside the gates of NC should be set to pro alliance zones

Outside the military base should be set to a Military zone

And outside the entrance to the dome and as bugs subjected the black dragon sector and some outskirt sectors should be declared Anti Alliance zones.

the amount of honour gained or lossed is bassed on level the difference in honour from you to the person you are fighting and location

Your honour should be displayed just above the centre of the top of the boundary box.

100 = /
200 = //
300 = ///
500 = ^
750 = ^^
1000 = ^^^
1500 = *
2000 = **
2500 =***
3500= /
4500 = //
5500 = ///
7500 = ^
8750 = ^^
10000 = ^^^
15000 = *
17500 = **
20000 =***
30000 = /
35000 = //
40000 = ///
60000 = ^
70000 = ^^
80000 = ^^^
100000 = *
125000 = **
150000 =***
300000 = ****
500000 = *****
1000000 = ******

-=:zone rules are as follows:=-

*Normal zone rules apply to simp and soul light to whichever zone it is in

*Anti’s get the most points for killing Pro’s in pro alliance zones because it counts as an attack on the city, and pro vice versa

*For killing a member of your alliance you take a Honour hit unless he has already done 10% damage to you or is in your team (this is regardless of weather he is neutral or allied

*For killing an Enemy or your alliance (or a mercenary running for the opposite alliance) you gain whatever normal benefits and the added bonus of fraction honour

*If you kill a runner 10 levels lower that you your fraction honour bonus will be barely noticeable if you kill a runner 10 levels+ higher than you will receive a massive bonus

*Honour is lost for dieing aswell as for killing at an equal (but obviously opposite) rate

*only Mercinarys gain honour properly in military zones due to the fact they are keeping the peace in there own zones, however other fractions can lose honour in smaller amounts for causing a breach of the peace,

*That said pro and anti alliance members can fight it out in military zones but being killed by a Merc will lose them a great deal of honour and will gain the merc a great deal

-=:Changes:=-

The zones have many guards stripped from there defensive lines some guards would still be there but in fewer numbers

A new branch of the city com is added called Assault where by any anti or pro can sign up for randomly scheduled assaults on the enemies city to kill some vital NPC’s which spawn randomly in the zones with some guards defending them.10 mins before the assault is ready an alliance broadcast is sent out to both cities warning of an incoming assault or of and outbound assault giving everybody the chance to join in, Mercs being able to join either side.

The rules would still apply outside of assault’s but if you register for an assault the bonus you get for killing enemies in the opposing zones is tripled and the bonus for helping kill the npc spawned is high

Owning an op would generate honour for your clan and fraction however losing an op would lose a lot more honour than simply taking it. You have to hold it for a period of time to make it worth it

-= Bonus’s =-

honour isn’t just a pride thing, the better esteem your alliance holds u in the better it is for you, I haven’t decided what the bonuses would be but basically the higher honour you have the better bonus’s should be available to you

theres something else im forgetting but I cant for the life of me remember what it is

giga191
07-05-06, 15:32
www.worldofwarcraft.com/forum (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/forum)

Scanner Darkly
07-05-06, 15:40
Not being a dick or anything, but this is the most well thought out and intelligent Zovos post I've read.

5 gold for this thread chief

Zheo
07-05-06, 15:52
Sounds complicated and i'll have to read it about six times before i full understand it but, basically it sounds like if you suck a pvp your screwed, and the game is unbalanced at the moment as well, this will probably work better when the new balancing takes effect, but keep in mind that not everyone is a hard core pvp'er and punshing them for sucking will make them want to quit... or get better :D

Dribble Joy
07-05-06, 16:03
So.... mercs would gain honour for killing anyone bar mercs in J01?

That's a good idea..... :rolleyes:

Ditching the SL system and going on symp would be simpler and allready ties in with current mechanics. Though the idea of higher/lower symp gains/losses in zones controlled by different factions is a good one.

Kazuya
07-05-06, 23:55
i already see ppl killing "honour" bitch to get it high.... nice idea but hard to make good

ZoVoS
08-05-06, 01:22
i already see ppl killing "honour" bitch to get it high.... nice idea but hard to make good

as i sated your honour would rise preportional to the honour of the person your killing... no point killing a person with 0 honour for there fraction. honour is generated in basis by outposts and pvp just swaps it around some

So.... mercs would gain honour for killing anyone bar mercs in J01?

That's a good idea..... :rolleyes:

yep because that would draw people away from military base zoneline whoreing to fight somewhere more fruitfull for themselfs

Breakaway
08-05-06, 01:57
sounds like a o.k. idea... but too many people would exploit it (for example) 'dave: "hey john! can i kill you 50000 times to get a uber rank".... John: "OK! only if u let me kill you 1000000 times" '... so in that case, it woudlnt be a good idea.

nobby
08-05-06, 03:02
But your rank would go down if you die anyway, so that exploit wouldn't work?

Strife
08-05-06, 03:42
Faction*

Necpock
08-05-06, 06:50
Wow, likeing the idea

yavimaya
08-05-06, 08:36
sounds like a o.k. idea... but too many people would exploit it (for example) 'dave: "hey john! can i kill you 50000 times to get a uber rank".... John: "OK! only if u let me kill you 1000000 times" '... so in that case, it woudlnt be a good idea.

But your rank would go down if you die anyway, so that exploit wouldn't work?

so very true, but i can see how he would have missed it/ not read that far, Zovos spelling is horrible.
This would work well if the PP changes were to come in, but only if the bonuses were kind of decent (worth going for), then if some non city zones were made so as well, as there is no where near enough pvp in the wastelands with the only slight exceptions being Opwars and CRP.

Zheo
08-05-06, 09:36

First off, if John is a honor bitch then he'd have no honor, and dave would gain nothing anyway.

Secondly every time John dies from Dave he'd lose honor until Dave was gaining nothing from killing him, then with John at 0 and Dave not very high. If John started killing Dave, Dave would lose alot of honor while John only gained some, to the point where they both end up with almost none. Simply because dying loses more than killing gains.

Unless I miss read something.

Dribble Joy
08-05-06, 09:38
yep because that would draw people away from military base zoneline whoreing to fight somewhere more fruitfull for themselfs
Other than the fact you would still get zone whoring, the point was that it would turn CM into a gank faction. J01 would be a hellhole.

ZoVoS
08-05-06, 15:15
Other than the fact you would still get zone whoring, the point was that it would turn CM into a gank faction. J01 would be a hellhole.

id be going for a gold rank anyway just so i look uber =] trouble is i cant decide what benefits would be best to introduce... u need summin good enough to be an insentive but not making it so that you over power the fighter

maby each rankup gets u a 1% greater exp bonus up to 130% exp (making them woc lvls easyer to hit and so on)

i got lots of ideas about mild bonus's to give a little insentive... but to be fair the majority of the insentive would be

HAHA IM A TRIPPLE SILVER STAR UR BRONZE U SUX TEH BIGONE!!!!11!!1oneone!