PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap?! Neocron bought Google ads?!

Heavyporker
06-05-06, 20:14
I was playing Urban Dead, and when I logged out, the Neocron 2 ad, you know, gas mask guy, No More Elves, and all that, was smack in the middle of the page.

I was floored.

I mean... KK actually advertises?!

I'm on my work-study job as a computer lab monitor, on a mac, so I don't know how I can 'print screen' as proof.

This is simply amazing. Freaking amazing.

unreal
06-05-06, 20:20
I think you were dreaming. :)

Interesting though Heavyporker. You're playing a web/text-based MMORPG instead of playing Neocron. Maybe Reakktor should take note of this and actually realise they should start doing something before the population can't be salvaged.

cRazy-
06-05-06, 20:21
Theres many Neocron 2 ad's out there. There is a lot ecspecially on most MMORPG websites.

I've seen probably a couple in my time.

mdares
06-05-06, 20:27
neocron advertizing is a myth, a dream, a fairytale.

u think u see an NC ad on a site; then u go back repeatedly and never see it again.

its like the illusive bigfoot... kinda like santa... (i mean shit how can u not see a fat bearded guy climbing roofs?)

Heavyporker
06-05-06, 20:29
I'm playing a web-based MMORPG because I still can't get a computer. Monthly bills (not that high) just keeps nibbling away at that last $200 before I could buy that new computer.

Believe me, if I *could* play Neocron, I would.

I pushed to get that Dell 5150 (because it's got a free 19inch LCD Monitor. Fuck, I want one so bad), but Dad wants to wait for something else. I don't know what, but since we plan to do a wireless network and salvage this old computer, I've got to hold off too.

*sigh* You guys have no idea how aggravating it is to come so close to buying a new computer, then fall back for one reason or another.

pabz
06-05-06, 20:38
kk has a poor marketing strategy

MkVenner
06-05-06, 21:05
kk has a poor marketing strategy

But one that is infinatly better than FOM's lol

eprodigy
07-05-06, 00:08
But one that is infinatly better than FOM's lol
just curious, how many play it now (since it's out aka p2p?)

MkVenner
07-05-06, 00:15
just curious, how many play it now (since it's out aka p2p?)

There's about 400-500 members, about 70 peak...

Well, atleast that's the word around the campfire, I don't play, and there's no official numbers.

giga191
07-05-06, 00:16
seems like a waste of money, until they get rid of the free trial at least.

solid-rock
08-05-06, 10:14
I think ive seen the old nc ad on mmorpg.com a couple of times dunno what the evo one looks like. Can anyone get a pic of it up perhaps?

Apocalypsox
08-05-06, 17:10
i think KK must be doing something...because if you watch the help channel, you notice a complete influx of total newbies...give me alot of work :)