PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with Xfire

cRazy-
05-05-06, 15:41
I installed it many moons ago but after a reinstall of Windows I had to reinstall Xfire, at the time I couldn't be bothered so I just left it and its never been opened since.

Ive just been looking through all my folders trying to free up some space and it turns out Xfire has downloaded about 4gig of random shit into its download folder, look like movies, trailers and other videos, not sure how its done it either.

It's probably some stupid setting I clicked when Xfire was still working but just double check incase its done the same thing.

Glok
05-05-06, 15:49
Hahaha directed advertising. Nice. What good is just filling your PC up with crap though? They need to have pop-ups that say "HAY LOOK AT MEH!"

Apocalypsox
05-05-06, 16:24
you sure its not just that extra pr0n you hid in ur Xfire folder? :lol:

l8m0n
05-05-06, 17:00
lol xfire is crap, full of 3rd part shit and opens up ports on your PC ergo thats how it got full of shit, 4 gigs worth of shit lol

if you want to know what games your m8s are playing use TS or vent or phone them lol, and if you use it cos its cool to have the sig with how many hours you have been playing a game that week or overall then you need to go outside and go down the pub with your m8s (if you have any tbh) ;)

my thoughts on it anyway ;)

Scanner Darkly
05-05-06, 19:15
First I've heard of it, but then again, I live under a rock in a cave in a distant galaxy it seems...

MkVenner
05-05-06, 19:43
Weird, mine's only 100meg...Doesn't xfire preload patches and shit?