PDA

View Full Version : password figuring anyone? (LOST SEASON 2 Puzzle)

nobby
04-05-06, 21:51
As there's many fictional lost websites offering clues
(Charlie's band for example- drive shaft)
I've found this.
http://thehansofoundation.org/

now those who have been watching season 2 in the US will understand more about this.

When you click onto the news signup page, it gives you a little puzzle shall I say...and I'm wondering, can someone spare a few seconds to try and figure it out?

cRazy-
04-05-06, 22:02
I thought the password might be Dave but it wasn't.

If this entire website has been made just for the series then they are making one hell of a big deal about it.

RusSki
04-05-06, 23:12
the password is breaking strain

kthnxbye

MkVenner
04-05-06, 23:19
I thought the password might be Dave but it wasn't.

If this entire website has been made just for the series then they are making one hell of a big deal about it.

There's a TV ad for the Hanso foundation showing during Lost's breaks on Channel 4 and E4, with a freephone number (not called it). There was also a website from the company that owned the plane that crashed.

Another thing I've been wondering, is if the Black Rock is supposed to be THE Black Rock...

Lost is alright, but give me House anyday, there's nothing on TV (bar maybe Top Gear) that gives that much entertainment....

RusSki
04-05-06, 23:24
Yeah i agree house rocks and greys anatomy is pretty cool too.

Jodo
04-05-06, 23:27
Lost is alright, but give me House anyday, there's nothing on TV (bar maybe Top Gear) that gives that much entertainment....
House is brilliant but you should give Boston Legal a look on Livingtv. Shatner rules in that. :D

MkVenner
04-05-06, 23:28
House is brilliant but you should give Boston Legal a look on Livingtv. Shatner rules in that. :D

I don't get living TV, just your normal 5 channels (but not all at the same time, get the aerial in position to get a decent channel 5, and BBC2 is fucked lol).

And Grey's anatomy is boring...

Jodo
04-05-06, 23:45
Ah, my deepest sympathies. I'm sure they're available for download though. Am just about to watch the last episode of House, season 2. ;)

Odin
04-05-06, 23:52

True I watch both on occassion. Battlestar Galactica's not half bad.

I just end up watching my Firefly DVD's over and over ;p

pabz
04-05-06, 23:55
Prison Break !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodo
05-05-06, 00:01
24 and The Shield
:)

Vae Victis
05-05-06, 00:10
MTV Cribs

nobby
05-05-06, 00:47
There's a TV ad for the Hanso foundation showing during Lost's breaks on Channel 4 and E4, with a freephone number (not called it). There was also a website from the company that owned the plane that crashed.

Another thing I've been wondering, is if the Black Rock is supposed to be THE Black Rock...

you got the phone number? :p

MkVenner
05-05-06, 00:55
Nah, I can just remember it was something like

0800 00 66 xx, or, 0800 66 xx xx

RusSki
05-05-06, 01:12
0800 666 640

oh and My name is Earl > all of you, your opinions and you favourite tv shows/films :lol:

yavimaya
05-05-06, 06:28

Ahh, what im wondering after watching it last night... how does sawyer (soyer?) know the "other" people??

nobby
05-05-06, 08:29
umm....where did you get that idea from?

btw...episode 20 on wednesday was a blast!

Wicked!

yavimaya
05-05-06, 09:42

Wicked!

Err, dont know which Episode number it is, but in the one that just aired here:

Michael goes looking for his son.
Jack, Sawyer and baldy go after him. - Kate follows although she was told not too.
The 3 run into a mysterious stranger at nightfall. - it turns out to be " the others" (he seems to be the leader)
They have Kate and make the 3 drop thier weapons and turn back and forget about Michael.
Sawyer is the last to drop his weapon, takes a step towards the bearded "other" leader and whispers to him, "This isnt over, Trevor" (or something to that effect.)

Comie
05-05-06, 10:21
Err, dont know which Episode number it is, but in the one that just aired here:

Michael goes looking for his son.
Jack, Sawyer and baldy go after him. - Kate follows although she was told not too.
The 3 run into a mysterious stranger at nightfall. - it turns out to be " the others" (he seems to be the leader)
They have Kate and make the 3 drop thier weapons and turn back and forget about Michael.
Sawyer is the last to drop his weapon, takes a step towards the bearded "other" leader and whispers to him, "This isnt over, Trevor" (or something to that effect.)

He doesnt know them.

He was on the raft they (Michael + Jin) built to go get help, the "others" found the raft, took walt, shot sawyer and blew the raft up.

The fella with the "beard" told them his name as he was introducing himself, saywer remembers him.

n3m
05-05-06, 10:23

Wicked!

Oh yeah, epi 20 was really nice, finally something happening after the entire season practically nothing apart from the map.

I just end up watching my Firefly DVD's over and over ;p
Firefly is great, still keeping my fingers crossed on season 2 ;)

I think it's just another of those nicknames he comes up with yavi. Like he calls kate freckles, jack doc, etc.

Ryydmann
05-05-06, 10:38
Firefly is great, still keeping my fingers crossed on season 2 ;)

Yeah, same here!

Nidhogg
05-05-06, 11:03
3 things:

1) Firefly rules
2) LOST is one of those programmes that I feel is frustrating because you know it's never really going to progress (there will never be real answers)
3) Please don't post spoilers on this thread unless you clearly state that you are doing so.

Thanks.

N

Faid
05-05-06, 18:03
Ye Firefly FTW. Lost can be a good show when it wants to be, I personally like it because of all the different factors floating around in each episode. We'll still be watching it 5 years from now and we'll still have no idea what the hells going on :p Kinda reminded me of how X-Files went where theyde finally tell you something then contradict it with something else, gets kinda old after a while. The last eppi of Lost was badass though :angel:

giga191
05-05-06, 20:45
2) LOST is one of those programmes that I feel is frustrating because you know it's never really going to progress (there will never be real answers)

N episode 1 and 2 of season 2: they walk into a cave and find a man. How the fuck they managed to make that last 2 episodes, i have no idea.

I like prison break atm, family guy when it's on (anyone know?), i watch a bit of two and a half men and scrubs too.

My guess for the twist in Lost: they find out that they're all in heaven. Anyone else care to guess?

Dribble Joy
05-05-06, 21:35
Fools.

Countdown > your sorry arses.

MkVenner
05-05-06, 21:48
If you're up to date with the british airings of Losts (Season 2, episode 1 2 and 3) then this contains no spoilers, if you aren't, then it problably does :p

Ok, first, that whole bunker REAKS of fallout, and judging by the music and the equipment, it's 60/70s built. So why the hell didn't they find the Black Rock when they were building/survaying?

Anyway, at first I thought it was some giant Big Brother style semi-snuff movie. Like in "I Spy", millionairs pay some money, and they use live people. But then the others and walt's powers ruined that theory. The Hanso Foundation are probably there as a coincidence to research the magnetic/electric phenomena that brought all those people off course. That's probably the source of "The Others" power, and they want walt because they need his power for some nefarious scheme?

I'm pretty certain that the guy in the bunker is just an experiment by the Hanso people, put a guy in a bunker, tell him to press button A or all hell breaks loose, see how long untill he stops doing it. I reckon also maybe that communication was lost with the controllers, and now it's just running over and over...

giga191
05-05-06, 23:02
i thought episode 3 was only on E4(?)

Heavyporker
06-05-06, 20:34
I bought the Firefly DVDs and Serenity. Oh, man, they were delicous.

House kicks a lot of ass, I'll say that. But Prison Break kicks way more ass. Boston Legal is cool, because Shatner's so nutty in there. "Denny fuckin' Crane!"

Who here has seen "Shield"? That completely blows these aforementioned shows out of the water, definitely.

MkVenner
06-05-06, 21:02
i thought episode 3 was only on E4(?)

It was, C4 showed a double bill of episodes, then E4 shows next weeks episode.

eprodigy
07-05-06, 00:04
i watched the first season and tried the second.. it just annoys the hell of out me. it is often enjoyable to watch but you realize nothings ever really happening.

i like prison break but it almost has that problem.. IE: there is only one REAL problem in prison break and they have to drag it out indefinitely..

prisonbreak/24/boston legal/L&O ftw

giga191
07-05-06, 00:19
there is only one REAL problem in prison break and they have to drag it out indefinitely..
ready for series 2? :p

Jodo
07-05-06, 09:44
Boston Legal is cool, because Shatner's so nutty in there. "Denny fuckin' Crane!"

Who here has seen "Shield"? That completely blows these aforementioned shows out of the water, definitely.

Denny Crane is a brilliant character and is moulded around a lot of Shatner’s personality IMO. And The Shield is a very good show that doesn't seem to do as well as it should. Its well directed too.
Rescue Me is another good series. :D