PDA

View Full Version : Game just threw me out

pherstun
04-05-06, 21:51
Was a goodly way thru the tutorial and the game crashed. It hasn't saved even my character, let alone where I was at and the stuff I'd got.

Is this normal?

Am seriously considering whether or not to bother starting again.

Tratos
04-05-06, 22:08
Try running a check file (button the on the launcher) and then if it does do it again, just head into the main game you'll be able to get all the answers you need on the ingame help channel.

Welcome to Neocron.

pherstun
04-05-06, 22:33
Will it have saved my character though, and all the stuff I got?

PS Sorry for sounding abrupt before but was narked to say the least.

Mr Kot
04-05-06, 22:38
Your tutorial character is not 'saved'. It's just an offline tutorial to show you how basic stuff works and how to run around and fight mobs.

At the end of the tutorial, your character dies anyway and is 'reborn' when you log into the main game for the first time in the MC5 processing unit. When you awake in there, you start afresh anyway with new basic items and with the skillpoints you chose at character creation. Your character name, type, looks and points will be saved for the main game, but the items in the tutorial are not, as it's only a practice area and the char you have in there is partly skilled up with abilities that aren't possible on one real char ingame.

The game does have a steep learning curve, so you will need to be patient. Once you're in the real game in area MC5, it is still a little like a beginner tutorial area so you can still roam around there killing little things while you get used to stuff.

If you really need to do the tutorial again, you can always make a new character in another slot to run it. It's the same tutorial whatever char you make.

pherstun
04-05-06, 22:44
Ah, right, didn't realise that. So how do I bypass the tutorial please?

Mr Kot
04-05-06, 22:45
With the character you already made, you can only do the tutorial once, so just log him on now and you will be in the real game.

On a new character, when you get the question "would you like to run the tutorial?" just select 'NO'. :)

pherstun
04-05-06, 22:55
Just checked and my character is there *phew* didn't want to go thru all that again!

Thanx for the help!