PDA

View Full Version : [OT - Anime] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Dribble Joy
02-05-06, 05:09
Anyone else picked this one up recently?

It's probably one of the most disturbing animes I've seen in a while.
There's a few moments of cutseyness that frequents anime all to much, but that just makes the creepy factor so much worse as it flicks from joy and fun to goosebumps and utter frustration/rage.

Basic synopsis:
Bloke (kid really, about 15 or 16), moves to his parent's village. Meets new people etc. Finds out about a series of murders on the night of the local festival over the last few years, turns out his new friends might have something to do with it. The creep-fest begins.

Now I got to go watch something a bit more cheerful so I can sleep a bit better....

*Spoiler*
The latest (ep. 4) currently subbed episode is quite satisfying though, nothing like solving your problems through the ultraviolent use of a baseball bat.

nobby
02-05-06, 12:11
Sounds interesting!

Naruto is being gay with It's "star" filler episodes and ninja postmen.

I'll find it :)

sanityislost
02-05-06, 14:21
Havent seen or heard of it before now...will try and track it down

You should get round to watching Fate Stay Night, only watched the first few
eps but its looking good....if you need links pm meh

SiL ..:..

Dribble Joy
02-05-06, 14:28
This week's Naruto Ep. should be the last of the filler, then it's back to the story and the Kakashi Gaiden arc.

Check 'suki' for linkypoos to Higurashi.

The first ep isn't that odd, but 3 and 4 are.... brrrrr........

nobby
03-05-06, 00:43
Watching on youtube, Episode 1's weird...

I'll watch episode 2 tomorrow on my bus to school.

Oyasuminasai! おやすみなさい!

Good night :) :p

nobby
03-05-06, 14:05
Tell you what, I'm actually getting quite into it :)

Very interesting :p

Tostino
03-05-06, 15:06
This week's Naruto Ep. should be the last of the filler, then it's back to the story and the Kakashi Gaiden arc.

Woo I can get back to watching it after not for 4 months.

nobby
03-05-06, 23:33
Wheeeeeey, the shitty Naruto fillers seem to have ended!

Higurashi no naku koro ni seems to keep me peeled to the screen...Like a drama on TV, I love it !

I won't stop watching this!
Even if some of the bits make you feel uneasy :p

nobby
04-05-06, 21:46
Episode 4 scared me...

but when's episode 5 supposed to be set in?

Dribble Joy
04-05-06, 22:10
Presumably we are goign to get a new character.

nobby
04-05-06, 22:22
Have you not watched it yet?

I have!

Clive tombstone
05-05-06, 08:40
damn, so damn awsome! its creepy as fuck (but thats probably since Anime Lolies give me the fuckin Jeebies to begin with) I know its probably the girls doing all that shit, but somehow I get the feeling that it MIGHT not be them, but maybe the entire town or something. No idea of course, I just hope the poor bastard gets the hell outa dodge if you catch my drift.

nobby
05-05-06, 12:27
***Spoiler***

He's already dead ain't he?

nobby
19-05-06, 03:11
I don't understand why in episode 6, some of the chars reintroduce themselves.....

someone explain why?

Clive tombstone
19-05-06, 16:09
I think I figuerd it out. This Anim was based off of a mystery game correct? Well I think Every chapter is sort of based off of "What would happen if..."

Say its like A-Dumb guy pisses off girls by being nosey about the towns "bussiness"=Death
to B-Guy Ignores the info of some sort and goes on with his day=Different path.

Its almost like one of those choose your own adventure books you see every so often. This is probably so that you can get all the info on the story by going through the multiple routs that the plot has to offer, there by getting the full story. Course this anim is F***ed up anyways lol. Little japanese anime girls give me the creeps as it is lol.

Rob01m
26-05-06, 01:32

Not a chance Dribble Joy, the fillers will most likely last at least to episode 204 (next opening). People speculate that since Naruto Movie 3 (being released in August I think?) is pre-time skip, so to will the anime be until after that at the least. They are in it to make money after all...

Up to 191 so far are guaranteed fillers.

nobby
26-05-06, 20:02
hmm...I see

Naruto was weird last episode tbh...

The naruto movies were shite, the animation used in the 2nd movie was crap tbh...

Oooo great, I've been told that the 3rd film will have a storyline about protecting an ice princess!

WOW FUCKING WOW!!!

Hell-demon
26-05-06, 20:05
I can't stand anime, if I see an anime movie I can feel my virginity growing back O_o

But hey, if you peeps like it, so be it. :)

gamefreak
27-05-06, 14:38
hmm...I see

Naruto was weird last episode tbh...

The naruto movies were shite, the animation used in the 2nd movie was crap tbh...

Oooo great, I've been told that the 3rd film will have a storyline about protecting an ice princess!

WOW FUCKING WOW!!!

nah it s a moon prince (http://www.narutofan.com/index.php/content-naruto%20movie,index)