PDA

View Full Version : Im going for a Wii

cRazy-
27-04-06, 20:17
LOS ANGELES - Nintendo Co. Ltd on Thursday said it has named its new video game console “Wii, which it said is pronounced “we” to emphasize that the console is for everyone.

The console up until now has been known by its code-name ”Revolution.”

“While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer,” said spokeswoman Perrin Kaplan.

Nintendo, best known for its Game Boy portable video players, aims to gain share in the $25 billion global video game market now dominated by Sony Corp.

Microsoft Corp. launched its next-generation Xbox 360 console late last year and Sony’s new PlayStation 3 is due in November. Wii also is expected to hit store shelves later this year.

While the new consoles from Microsoft and Sony boast more power and high-definition graphics, Nintendo’s goal is to roll out a machine that appeals to a broader audience than the young males who make up the traditional console gaming market.

A key feature of the Wii is its one-handed controller that looks like a television remote control and uses motion-detection sensors that allow players to control the game by wielding it like a sword, waving it like a conductor’s baton, or swinging it like a baseball bat.

Glok
27-04-06, 20:23
That controller is a reason to at least test the Wii ( :rolleyes: ), if they can pull it off, make it feel natural and intuitive, I think it would be really cool. Zelda where you swing the sword, tetris where you don't cripple your thumb, Mario Wii ( :rolleyes: ) where you wave the controller and Mario does a spin flip... meh my imagination isn't up to the task. Don't you dare say 'fishing game' or I will bite you.

Tratos
27-04-06, 20:23
That's gotta be the worst name for a console i've ever heard.

Hell-demon
27-04-06, 20:28
I can't wait to play with wii. If I can't control my own wii I'll have to play with my friend's wii :rolleyes:

giga191
27-04-06, 20:51
The only console that i would consider getting.

Terayon
27-04-06, 21:16
The only console that i would consider getting.

If i can download snes games on it for free, im buying it. If not, then i dont think mario sunshine 2 will be enough for me to consider getting one.

I mean honestly the new revolution is less powerfull then an xbox in every spec. I know they can compensate, but only so much. Besides im very skeptical about their revolutionary controller.

TWOK
27-04-06, 22:34
Not interested, I would buy a Sony Puu though.

/edit, not my joke but funneh.

giga191
27-04-06, 22:37
I'd only consider it because it's the only console that can do something that my PC can't

elGringo
27-04-06, 22:48
That's gotta be the worst name for a console i've ever heard.

my thought...

I'd like to know why Nintendo spends a fortune on marketing - I'd give them a better brand for, say $10.
Might sound fly in japan tho' ..but for europe / NA markets ...uh... well... :lol: :o

Glok
28-04-06, 00:16
Beat ya cRazy (ya farkin nibz0r)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/weeee.php