PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet travel.

NestorPL
27-04-06, 18:56
Today, just for fun, i figured out that i'll use hacknet to visit TH, instead of GR'ing there.

I have like 60 int, 79hck and 83 tc, farming infected storage 2 inst much of a problem, i dont stand a chance against storage 3 though.

I took my heal and shield software and started crawling towards TH. All fine and dandy, thankfully the corrupted ICMP packets didnt shoot me on my way through all outposts and i reachted the NC9 to TH Bridge gate. Yay! i thought..

Only to get instagibbed upon entering. Not like i had any time to move, i clicked the gate, and when i zoned in i was dead already. The mobs there were 120/120 at least, and very hostile.

What's the point? Or i cant travel through TH bridge at all?

And that would effectively disable runners from hacking into opposite faction's ops if the city mercs DNS is that hostile too.

So what is hacknet travel about, running between own ops fast? Provided that outpost DNS doesnt shoot laserbeams at you.. because i couldnt be bothered to check..

Sylow
27-04-06, 19:01
TH bridge ist toughest going in the HN... if you can handle that, you can continue to the phoenix DB, which is situated there. (Pure Hacknet-Hackers are still facing a serious challenge there. )

If you want to cross from one city to another and hack some databases, go through the citymerc DNS... pretty easy going there.

Tesee
27-04-06, 19:19
you can try medium security logins and high security logins,
some challenge here...
problem is that the HN loot is not very nice ...

cMz
27-04-06, 21:50
As you can see in this map (http://www.rpgplanet.com/neocron/maps/hacknet.gif) there are 2 ways from NC to DoY. One goes through TH Bridgelink, and is deadly, and one goes through MB, which is neutral to all I think.

Mr Kot
05-05-06, 00:34
What hasn't been mentioned yet is that you can't actually get to Tech Haven in hacknet. You can get to the "Techhaven Bridge" but you can't actually log out in TH like you can in other cities / OPs.

Next time you make that journey and you are faced with the choice of NC travel 6 or 7, choose 7 ;)