PDA

View Full Version : New Member.

Glok
27-04-06, 04:15
I'm not trying to draw undue attention to a new player but I was just wondering when the forum got an Arabic (I'm assuming) character set, and allowed in usernames? Is that a windows thing rather than dictated by the forum?

http://forum.neocron.com/member.php?u=41929

Pantho
27-04-06, 11:11
Dunno, but i wanan change my username now :)

solid-rock
27-04-06, 13:32
So whats he named then? anyone who can translate :P.

Dirus
27-04-06, 13:40
As far as I can tell it translates as "Allen Shoplifter"

Pantho
27-04-06, 13:43
hmm, Well Dirus, Can you point me in the right directio of a translator, i want to Put something weird in my commentl, allen Shoplifter doesnt sound weird enough for me.

Dirus
27-04-06, 13:44
hmm, Well Dirus, Can you point me in the right directio of a translator, i want to Put something weird in my commentl, allen Shoplifter doesnt sound weird enough for me.

Google Translator (http://www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en)

Glok
27-04-06, 13:45
I kind of like Allen Shoplifter. He might only have one hand though... :eek:

edit: Holy crap that is what it means.

edit2: O_o I guess not. Deja Vu Master -> السيد ديجا فو -> Mr. Fu overseas ... :confused:

Nidhogg
27-04-06, 14:31
It's only marginally less readable than half of your names. :p

|\|

solid-rock
27-04-06, 14:47
Fayse from the niddmeister. :lol:

Skusty
27-04-06, 16:09
Is dirus from the middleeast?

Dogface
27-04-06, 16:18
No, he's from Google.

unreal
27-04-06, 16:35
Mr Fu eh... a Mr (Marco) Fu is playing in the World Championship Snooker semi-final as we speak. ;) If only I had the character bug where you turn into a ferret, I'd be able to sneak inside no problem. I'm sure they have anti-stealth at the entrances. :(

Bugs Gunny
27-04-06, 16:43
Snooker, isn't that like jousting for knights who can't afford a horse?

EDIT- just noticed, the bastards also aim for the ballz

Glok
27-04-06, 16:44
Mr Marco Fu -> السيد ماركو فو -> Glok Sucks

That's just mean. :(

Kenpo
27-04-06, 16:59
Snooker, isn't that like jousting for knights who can't afford a horse?

EDIT- just noticed, the bastards also aim for the ballzi like snooker however the jousting would make it a lot more interesting.

they would only make it carebear after a few eye gouges tho :D

Glok
27-04-06, 17:04
My last competitive snooker tournament had me up against a guy that kept quoting fucking Color of Money. I had drank a couple Crown Royals beforehand, and my sheer amazement that there were dorks like that in the world totally threw off any concentration I had left. He won, I went back to the dorm and got drunk and played WASP really loud to show my irritation at idiots, with nary a thought paid to the fact that the dude did beat me after all.

Pantho
28-04-06, 10:56
[ edited ]

Translate it tbh,

Nidhogg
28-04-06, 11:02
If people aren't allowed to write in French here they certainly aren't allowed to write in Mandarin.

N

Pantho
28-04-06, 11:10
If people aren't allowed to write in French here they certainly aren't allowed to write in Mandarin.

N

but we are allowed to right in Arabic :/ , And why only edit mine *cries*

I kind of like Allen Shoplifter. He might only have one hand though... :eek:

edit: Holy crap that is what it means.

edit2: O_o I guess not. Deja Vu Master -> السيد ديجا فو -> Mr. Fu overseas ... :confused:

Mr Marco Fu -> السيد ماركو فو -> Glok Sucks

That's just mean. :(

/Me Thinks Nidhogg doesnt like Maderin

-edit Mind she proberly read what it said :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-edit2, AHHHH Who is removing my Manderin symbols from my name, lol... or from the server.. There changing to Numbers hmm, strange. 1 by 1 lol.

solid-rock
28-04-06, 11:23
Ah yes its a conspiracy.

Nidhogg
28-04-06, 12:40
Ok, let me make this clear. Despite my flippant post earlier, English and German are the only two languages permitted on these forums. So all of you who have changed your titles, locations etc. to anything other than those two languages can change them back now. Thanks.

N

Bugs Gunny
28-04-06, 12:53
And if they don't?

Soon this will be the private chatbox for me and nidhogg :D

Skusty
28-04-06, 13:19
And if they don't?

Soon this will be the private chatbox for me and nidhogg :D
Please, don't tease him.

solid-rock
28-04-06, 13:20
And if they don't?

Soon this will be the private chatbox for me and nidhogg

Not as long as i am here :P. By all means keep up the posting. Ive got alot of free time on my hands during school hours.

Nidhogg
28-04-06, 14:48
I've already removed two titles and changed the name of that first forum account. I hate to have to do something I've already asked you to do though; it makes me narky. Capiche?

N

Bugs Gunny
28-04-06, 14:57
Capiche?
How about just ENGLISH and GERMAN niddy?

And seriously you're getting soft, (or running out of people to ban).
But anyway, i remember loooooong ago, when i was still young and the world had people in the wastes, bans would have been issued by now.

Ooooh i know, you're not banning them, because the thought of being stuck here, alone with me scares you doesn't it? :angel:

Nidhogg
28-04-06, 15:13
And seriously you're getting soft, (or running out of people to ban).
But anyway, i remember loooooong ago, when i was still young and the world had people in the wastes, bans would have been issued by now.
Don't be ridiculous. Most people have absolutely no idea why bans were issued because the posts are edited. Also, perm bans only ever come after previous temp bans so the only people removed from these forums had previously demonstrated a pattern of behaviour that was undesirable. If what you say was really true then you'd have been banned long ago.

N

Bugs Gunny
28-04-06, 15:24
So you admit to wanting to ban me then?
And here i was thinking we had become friends after all these years.
You make me sad now.....

Glok
28-04-06, 15:36
lol Bugs what are you smoking? GIMME!

CHA0S
28-04-06, 15:37
he probably just wants to kill you over and over again and just think Nidd would be stress free........well for awhile...... :lol: :D

Nidhogg V Gunnar

Bugs Gunny
28-04-06, 15:42
Yeah nidhogg, let's take it ingame.
An event, you vs me, no godmode and i'll use a tl92 pistol :angel:

Dogface
28-04-06, 15:47
I vote Nid.

It's obvious Dirus would be invisible somewhere punching you with 25dps fists :p

CHA0S
28-04-06, 15:48
Yeah nidhogg, let's take it ingame.
An event, you vs me, no godmode and i'll use a tl92 pistol :angel:

could be a very interesting fight tbh

hhmm now what can the forfeit be for losing? anyone got SENSIBLE and legal :lol: suggestions on both parties

Dogface
28-04-06, 15:50
Nids GM char gets displayed nekkid on that rack in the Temple of Cleansing Fire (think that's the place anyway :p ) if he loses. Same for bugs tbh !

Pantho
28-04-06, 16:56
I've already removed two titles and changed the name of that first forum account. I hate to have to do something I've already asked you to do though; it makes me narky. Capiche?

N

Ok, Sorry but the forums ToC didnt say anything about not allowing other languages. So what about the People with French words in there Sigs/Profiles nid?

do they get removed... Or the German posts on the English forums, are you going to go edit them all please. :)

THanx

Glok
28-04-06, 17:03
I think it's because none of the mobs know those languages and thus can't moderate the content. Like if someone has 'fuck you motherfucker' in their sig in Korean or something.

Pantho
28-04-06, 17:04
I think it's because none of the mobs know those languages and thus can't moderate the content. Like if someone has 'fuck you motherfucker' in their sig in Korean or something.

Dirus is a mod, he can translate it, as he proved and showed any idiot how to do it. i suspect Nidhogg translated mine.

Glok
28-04-06, 17:06
Damnit! I misspelled mods as mobs and you fucking quoted it. My perfect record is ruined!

Nidhogg
28-04-06, 17:08
If you think the mods are going to sit and run all that stuff through Google translator you've got another think coming. Why is this so hard for some people to understand? Mods are unpaid volunteers whose job is hard enough as it is without you adding unnecessary complications.

It's simple, use English in the English forums, and German in the German forums. Easy.

N

Uho
28-04-06, 17:36
When do we get Finnish forums :P

unreal
28-04-06, 17:49
heh, Looks like most of the forum should be edited then, most of it is Bullshinto rather than English or German. :rolleyes:

Pantho
28-04-06, 19:32
heh, Looks like most of the forum should be edited then, most of it is Bullshinto rather than English or German. :rolleyes:

Well said

Glok
28-04-06, 19:48
You know what's funny Pantho is your quotes of my posts have boxes instead of Arabic chars now. Dunno what's up with that... fonts being removed?

Bugs Gunny
28-04-06, 22:57
I kinda like the displaye on a rack thing.

Maybe the gms can rename the temple of cleansing fire chick to on of our names for a month? :D

giga191
28-04-06, 23:36
When do we get Finnish forums :P i'm sure if you bribe the right people with some polar bear steaks...

Kame
29-04-06, 00:15
This thread is boring as hell, yet its the only 'new' one.

These forums lack so much flavor tbh, but it might be because we get censored or that any near-amusing thread gets closed, because some ppl dream of geting paid.

What is a good discusion if your not allowed to say what you think, in the way you want.
It feels like some ppl really dig Chinese-like freedom of speech.

Hell i even got harassed by someone about my forum signature ! Its a fucking signature !!!
Ppl take some shit way too serious in my opinion i mean cmon !!

ITS A FUCKING FORUM ABOUT A GAME !!!! About a post-apoc FPS RPG game with a red-lite district,guns,alchool, drugs, and a NPC in OZ that says she has 'bukkake' on her face but my char couldnt be called whatever the fuck i wish him to be called.

Nidhogg
29-04-06, 00:43
Oooh, 'ark at thou. To get back on topic, the person in question isn't even a new member, so, just to please Kame, thread closed.

N